Rev. Gerry Appel Reviews

76 | Matawan, NJ

76 Reviews for Rev. Gerry Appel

Jessica · Married on 07/09/2016

LOOK NO FURTHER FOR YOUR OFFICIANT!! We stumbled across Gerry after contacting another officiant who was not available for our wedding date. He happily referred us to Gerry and sang his praises, and we are so glad we found him! Gerry was nothing but professional from the moment we met him. We didn't know what readings we wanted to include, but we knew how we wanted the ceremony to feel. Gerry took the time to make our vision a reality, helping us select readings that were personal and meaningful to our relationship. You would have thought he knew us for years! He was relaxed, poised, and sincere with just the right amount of humor included. A great speaker! People raved about our ceremony immediately after, and are still saying it was one of the best ceremonies they have ever seen - who would have thought people would be so into a ceremony?! Gerry will not disappoint and I promise your ceremony will be perfect!!

Sent on 07/24/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 07/02/2016

Rev Gerry was poised, professional, calm, and also knew how to put a smile on everyone's face. He gave us the comfort of a well thought out and professional ceremony, but was flexible and responsive to all the small customizations we wanted to make it truly our own.

Sent on 07/06/2016

Megan · Married on 06/17/2016

Rev. Gerry was very intent and calming. He knows exactly what needs to be accomplished and helps guide you step by step through the whole process. It could have been an overwhelming with someone else but he truly was the expert that eased us through! The ceremony went so well!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Lindsay · Married on 05/20/2016

I found Reverend Gerry after reading reviews on this site. I'm so happy I reached out and booked him! Rev. Gerry was great to work with. He provided so many options for the ceremony and made the selection process so easy. He provided us with a word document of the whole ceremony and let us make as many changes to it as we liked. He really let us build our own custom ceremony that was just perfect for us. He was extremely polite and professional. His performance during the ceremony was perfect and he even added in some humor which was wonderful. Rev. Gerry really was amazing and helped make our wedding perfect!

Sent on 06/02/2016

Kristen · Married on 05/15/2016

Absolutely wonderful!! We were married on the 15th in a cold what seemed like wind tunnel (lol) and Rev Gerry did not skip a beat. He kept the ceremony lite, loving and added commentary to warm the chilly guests and created lasting memories for all. After the ceremony my new hubby and I had a few minutes to ourselves and we couldn't stop talking about how surreal the ceremony was and how sentimental and touching he made the ceremony. We are so thankful for Rev Gerry and he was well worth the fee :) we will have those memories forever!! Thank you Rev Gerry!!!!!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Caitiln · Married on 05/13/2016

Reverend Gerry was kind, patient, and had a great sneaks of humor. He gave us exactly what we wanted and when I changed my mind the night before at 10 pm, he gave us exactly what we wanted again. He went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect and when we forgot the license he made arrangements to meet us the next day! We were a mess, he was nothing short of professional and just a really great soul to marry a fun and loving couple! Thank you Gerry!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Nicole · Married on 10/24/2015

Rev Gerry was great and working with him was easy and enjoyable. He is a wonderful choice for interfaith couples, as he provided a beautiful non-denominational wedding ceremony for us. The ceremony was beautiful and funny; all of our guests raved about it. Rev Gerry was also super flexible - we had a last minute change to the timeline of our wedding day and he was willing to accommodate us and keep the process stress free. Really happy we found him and had the chance to work with him!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Nicole · Married on 10/10/2015

Gerry was fantastic! He did such a great job keeping the ceremony light and fun, just as we wanted (but he will also make it as traditional as the couple wants to meet their needs). Prior to the wedding we met with Gerry and went over all details and readings, he was extremely organized-like the seasoned pro he is!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Gerry did our wedding on 9/26/15 and he was phenomenal!! He made it so personal and fun! We're so happy that we chose him to perform
    our ceremony

Sent on 09/28/2015

Gary · Married on 09/12/2015

Gerry did our wedding in September 12. He did a great job by making my wife and I feel comfortable. Neither one of us likes being in front of large groups. He was able to do a custom ceremony that included non-traditional vows and a sand cermony.

Sent on 09/16/2015

Nelcy · Married on 09/06/2015

Where to start... We were lucky enough to come across Rev. Gerry's wonderful reviews. When we first met with him, he instantly put us at ease and informed us of the process (from ceremony to obtaining our marriage license). He is professional, charismatic, and has a great sense of humor. He made our guest laugh and cry. Everyone commented on the quality of the ceremony and how great Rev. Gerry was. Thanks Rev. Gerry! If your looking for a great officiant, you have found the one.

Sent on 10/02/2015

Dana · Married on 09/05/2015

We were blessed to have been married by Rev. Gerry on September 5th! From the first meeting I knew that he was the best choice to marry my fiancé and I. He really understood the type of ceremony that we wanted, working with us on every detail. Which really allows you to tailor the ceremony to your taste. We even got a copy of the actual ceremony which I thought was a special touch.

I am still receiving compliments on what a beautiful ceremony it was and how nice Rev. Gerry was.
    Throughout the planning process Gerry was informative with all the requirements and getting a marriage license. He was always available to answer any questions we had.
    On the day of our wedding he was early, calm and on top of everything. He helped me to relax, and was very patient with a bride who had a case of the giggles...
    Thank you Rev. Gerry for helping make our day so very special.

Sent on 09/23/2015

We got married at the end of August. Gerry was wonderful! He helped us create a custom ceremony and proof read the vows we wrote. We wanted a non-religious ceremony due to our families coming from different backgrounds ( Catholic and Jewish) and Gerry delivered a ceremony both families loved. I highly recommend Gerry!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Kelly · Married on 06/27/2015

I just got married this Saturday and I can't say enough on how pleased we are. It was such a pleasure to work with Rev. Gerry. I knew I wanted him to officiate our wedding the second we met him. He walked us through the whole process and even e-mailed us a copy of the ceremony before hand. After the ceremony everyone came up to us and kept commenting how they loved it. I would absolutely recommend using him!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Lori · Married on 06/19/2015

Gerry was great! He is a really great speaker, and you can tell he really enjoys doing this for people. We were happy that Gerry kept our ceremony on the shorter side, our ceremony was outside and it ended up being pretty hot (but a beautiful day!) We got many compliments on the ceremony. and we would definitely recommend Gerry. He did a really great job personalizing the ceremony to fit us :)

Sent on 07/06/2015

Lauren · Married on 05/15/2015

Extremely efficient and professional. Was funny and personable. Everyone loved him!

Sent on 05/16/2015
  • User4196590 · 2+ years ago

Rev Gerry was the best! He's just the nicest, happiest, most professional officiant we could have asked for. He was so well-spoken and performed such a beautiful ceremony. We received compliments all night! He was always quick to answer any questions and help us with any paperwork, etc. We got very lucky. Thank you Rev Gerry. You are amazing!

Sent on 05/25/2015

Gerry was fantastic! He was wonderful to work with and was very professional. The ceremony was beautiful and was everything I wanted and much more!! Many of my guests were very complimentary of Gerry's enthusiasm and charisma. Thank you, Gerry, for being a part of our special day!!!

Sent on 03/24/2015

Danielle · Married on 12/31/2014

Rev. Gerry was an absolute pleasure to work with! My husband and I were extremely comfortable with him from the second we met. We were so happy he would be performing our wedding ceremony since then and the ceremony itself was incredible. Many of our wedding guests let us know how wonderful it was and what a fantastic job he did. Rev. Gerry was extremely helpful and organized throughout the process up until the last part of taking care of our marriage license. We will always highly recommend him to others. What a great man!

Sent on 01/06/2015

Greg · Married on 11/14/2014

Gerry was fabulous. Every step along the way he made things easy and went out of his way to make sure that our day would be amazing, memorable, and a perfect representation of us as a couple as well as individuals. We worked great with our other vendors to make sure things went seamlessly. My highest reccommendation!!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Bryan · Married on 10/11/2014

If you are considering using Rev. Gerry to officiate your wedding, DO IT! Gerry was absolutely great. He has a great sense of humor, which really made us feel comfortable with him, and put us at ease. From the time we first met, all the way until the " I DO's" Gerry was perfect. He is very easy to get in touch with, and always responded back to emails very quickly. Thanks again Rev. Gerry for helping to make our day perfect!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Sara · Married on 10/03/2014

Rev. Gerry was incredibly helpful during the entire planning process. He allowed me plenty of time to make any changes I wanted to the ceremony and he came with plenty of options so we could make sure the ceremony fit our tastes. I really appreciate everything he did and how flexible he was while dealing with us. He answered my questions quickly and was just a joy to deal with. I would highly recommend him to anyone getting married!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Lillian and Don · Married on 08/01/2014

We received numerous compliments on our beautiful ceremony and this was largely due to Rev. Gerry. He was prompt and responsive throughout the entire process and was definitely there for us from day one until our special day. We could not have asked for anything more.

Sent on 08/19/2014

Lindsey · Married on 07/26/2014

Rev. Gerry made our ceremony beautiful and perfect in every way!! The way he performs his ceremonies is breathtaking...all of our guests loved him (as did we!!!) He was easy to work with and is an extremely caring man.

Sent on 09/13/2014

Nicole · Married on 07/18/2014

We were married this past Friday (7.18.14) and Rev. Gerry provided the best wedding ceremony my new husband and I could ever ask for. He was prompt, friendly, personable and professional officiant. We asked for a simple, but personal, ceremony, and he went beyond to give us exactly what we wanted. Thank you for making our wedding perfect for us!
    ~John and Nicole