Rev. Dr. Patrick Maloy Reviews

67 | Stanley, NC

67 Reviews for Rev. Dr. Patrick Maloy

Stacy · Married on 09/15/2014

I wanted to start this with the information that I live in Oregon and was married in Charlotte, NC. I planned my wedding in a short period of time and from 2300 miles away.

When I contact Patrick Maloy I explained that there might be an issue with correspondence due to the fact of the 3 hour time difference and my working schedule.

He had no problem at all working with me through email. He helped us write our wedding and made things very simple for me. (it was very overwhelming to plan from so far away)

When we met Patrick for our rehearsal, we felt instantly at ease with him. He has such a positive energy. He is professional and friendly which really helped calm my nervousness. Not only did we like him instantly, but so did my family. (Which says ALOT)

I am very thankful to Patrick for all he did for us, we were married on my mother's birthday (she has been gone now for 15 years) which made the day bitter sweet. But, no only was it my mother's birthday, it was Patrick's birthday also and he was more than willing to marry us on his birthday.

I will forever be grateful to him.

I have already recommended him to friends in the Charlotte area who are 'talking' about getting married :)

Sent on 09/23/2014

Erin · Married on 08/31/2014

Reverend Patrick made our wedding weekend and ceremony so special. Going into the wedding, we were most excited about our personalized ceremony, and looking back, it really was the best part. Here is our wedding video which captures some of the unique vows we wrote and of Rev. Patrick doing what he does best! https://vimeo.com/106128145

We had originally intended to have a family member marry us, but after looking into the legality of that in North Carolina, we did not feel comfortable proceeding. We booked Rev. Patrick and looking back, we all consider it a blessing in disguise. Rev. Patrick made our ceremony perfect for us as a couple. He guided us through the courthouse part of the process, letting us know where to go and what to bring, to obtain our marriage license. Prior to the wedding, Rev. Patrick also guided us through customizing our ceremony; we were able to pick out our own vows and readings from the many options that he provided us with.

Rev. Patrick made this process simple, at a time in the planning process when simple was much needed and appreciated. He was awesome at the rehearsal too. He took control of the group and not only allowed us to practice the important parts, but came with many helpful tips for those that were nervous or unsure of their role in the bridal party. Rev. Patrick has a wonderful sense of humor and won over our family’s hearts at the rehearsal; everyone wanted to know how we were so lucky to find him to marry us.

Sent on 10/15/2014

Andrew · Married on 06/07/2014

My wife and I couldn't have found a better match than Patrick. He was super friendly and funny and gave us all a great sense of ease. Everything was taken care of and the ceremony itself was both very emotional and light hearted at moments. Patrick was very flexible and met all of our expectations. Highly Recommended

Sent on 06/23/2014

Megan · Married on 05/18/2014

Patrick is the sweetest man. He made us feel so comfortable and helped us through the wedding process.

Sent on 06/24/2014

Pam · Married on 05/09/2014

I was very apprehensive about trying to choose an officiant for our wedding day. My concern was that it would be awkward and that the person might feel like a stranger. My first contact with Patrick was by phone as I am out of state and from our first conversation that day, I felt that he would be perfect for our ceremony. He was so gracious about setting up a time for us to meet with him in person while we were in Charlotte, and though he was very professional and prepared, we felt we had met a new friend or neighbor. From the first few minutes of speaking with him, we both knew we had chosen the right person, and that a friend would be conducting the ceremony and not just someone saying the words. And along that line, he makes it very easy to personalize your ceremony, and though we did not "write" our own vows, I feel sure he would be wonderful at helping you through that process as well. Though there were happy tears during the ceremony, there was also light-heartedness which I greatly appreciated. Highly recommend Patrick - you will not be disappointed.
    With much gratefulness,
    Pam and David

Sent on 08/15/2014

Shelly · Married on 11/30/2013

Patrick was wonderful! The first time we met Patrick we knew he would make our ceremony special and memorable and that's exactly what he did. Patrick was always there to answer questions and provide suggestions and he kept us calm and focused on what the day really meant - coming together as husband and wife. We felt like we'd known Patrick for years, even though we had just met, and he created a personal and meaningful ceremony just for us. He worked with our coordinator to ensure that our rehearsal was efficient and everyone knew what they were doing and on the day of the wedding, Patrick kept us calm and focused on the meaning of the day. The ceremony was perfect and so many of our guest commented about how unique and special our ceremony was. We even had several guests come up to us and say that Patrick married them!

Sent on 12/27/2013

Patrick made our wedding ceremony exactly what we wanted. He listened and knew instintively how to bring it all together. He made everyone feel at ease and made the day so special for us. We still get compliments on how beautiful and touching our ceremony was and Patrick helped made it a perfect wedding day for us!! We are so glad we were able to have him officiate our ceremony!

Sent on 11/15/2013

Courtney · Married on 10/05/2013

Patrick is wonderful! He is very thorough, and has a great personality. He is dependable and available if you have any questions or concerns. His wife Dottie was our wedding director and was also great.

Sent on 10/18/2013

When my husband and I first met Patrick he was on time, professional, organized and funny. We both immediately felt connected with him and agreed on his views. Patrick was a vendor we said we absolutely couldn't get married without! He is busy for a reason! He is the best! Patrick helped us to create and shape our ceremony especially for us. It was absolutely beyond perfect! We felt like he had become part of our new family as well. Thank you beyond word for all that are and all that you do Patrick!
    With so much love and respect!
    Pam and Ryan

Sent on 10/02/2013
  • Desiree

Desiree · Married on 08/03/2013

We are so happy we hired Patrick to officiate our wedding ceremony! Not only was he professional and responsive in a timely manner, he also has a great personality and is so easy to get along with. We found that it was easy for us to open up to him and talk to him. He customizes your ceremony exactly the way you want it and he wrote us a beautiful ceremony. He was available when we needed something and came to the rehearsal for no additional charge.

Sent on 08/15/2013
  • Alyn

Alyn · Married on 07/13/2013

Dr. Maloy made our wedding day absolutely perfect. He lightened up both our planning meeting and our rehearsal, making light of what could be arduous. He created an absolutely perfect and meaningful ceremony with all of our input considered and utilized. He also helped by facilitating the documents needed for our license and name change. Dr. Maloy was referred to us as the "best in the area" and I couldn't agree more!

Sent on 07/26/2013

Kelly · Married on 07/06/2013

Patrick Maloy officiated our ceremony in 2013. He provided great materials and let us personalize our ceremony. He used a high degree of professionalism and helped to make our ceremony light hearted and fun. Many of our guests told us they thought he did a wonderful job.

Sent on 05/24/2018

We had a nondenominational wedding at the Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens and Patrick was our officiant.

Long story short, we were extremely happy to have him as our officiant. He's flexible, funny, and professional. As someone who specializes in non-denominational weddings, he has experience working with people of any background. You can tailor your ceremony any way you wish. That kind of flexibility is rare.

Overall, we highly recommend his services if you want a perfect ceremony! Thanks Patrick!

Sent on 11/24/2012

Norma · Married on 09/29/2012

Dr. Rev. Patrick Maloy was funny, touching, and a truly amazing person with a ton of experience. He has performed ceremonies for everyone in my family, including my parents and my sister. He made me laugh all throughout the ceremony even though I was crying beyond comprehension!

Sent on 11/29/2012

Dr. Maloy wants his brides to be "calm blue water" on their special day. With the help of him and his wife Dottie, our day went off without a hitch. I cannot recommend them highly enough - he helped us plan a service that was truly us.

Sent on 05/01/2013

MICHELE · Married on 09/22/2012

Loved Dr. Maloy! He was wonderful. Very calming and knowledgeable. Definitely put us at ease with the whole wedding ceremony process and was good about reminding us the importance of the wedding in the first place. He was great!

Sent on 12/03/2012

Sarah · Married on 05/31/2014

We got married on 10/15/16 and Patrick was great! He met with us weeks before our wedding to get to know me and my fiance, and to give us some help picking out our vows. For the rehearsal, he had his wife, Dottie, come to stand in for him - he was booked for a wedding that night - very thoughtful and helpful. Day of, he was amazing. His message was just what we had hoped for. He also joked with us and helped calm our nerves when all eyes were on us. Thanks so much for being there for our special day, Patrick. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 10/27/2016