Rev. Deborah Ashe Reviews

18 | Antrim, NH

18 Reviews for Rev. Deborah Ashe

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

K · Married on 05/06/2016

Rev Debi was a wonderful reverend and officiant. We loved her from our first FaceTime conversation. She helped us construct a beautiful ceremony--one that people keep complementing us on. She was so flexible and accommodating. She is a true professional, and someone that really cares. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/02/2016

Rev. Deborah Ashe's reply:

Thank you very much! An honour to be a part of your wonderful day. I wish you much abundance and success for the future and thank you for including me.

Jessica · Married on 04/23/2016

Debi was amazing to work with. She was prompt with response time prior to the ceremony via email, helped us plan our ceremony and was wonderful. She made it easy and stress free. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 05/10/2016

Rev. Deborah Ashe's reply:

Thank you very much Jessica. May you be blessed with much happiness and abundance.

Crystal · Married on 10/03/2014

Rev. Debi is fantastic!! She made our ceremony one of a kind and so memorable!!! We were very happy with her services and couldn't have asked for anything more as she had everything covered. We have received many compliments about Rev. Debi and the ceremony over the last few days following our wedding. My husband and I would highly recommend Rev. Debi, she is GREAT!!!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Rev. Deborah Ashe's reply:

A fantastic couple to work with and a great honour. Say hi to Grandma for me!

Justine · Married on 06/02/2012

Without a rehearsal, Debi made our ceremony the most simple and perfect it could have been. She was articulate and poised. It was a perfect day because of her. We are so grateful she was able to be a part of our special day!

Tracey · Married on 05/24/2012

Would I recommend Rev. Debi? ABSOLUTELY the best decision you can make on the big day. I called and emailed Debi one week before we decided to do part one of our wedding-with immediate family...(not that I recommend such short notice.) However, the first word of Rev. Debi's response was "Absolutely!" She meant every word, and it showed. She came up with a beautiful ceremony for us and even came right to our house for a very reasonable price. She thought of all the details, had such a soothing presence and a phenomenal sense of humor which made the day perfectly rounded! I am really looking forward to next May 24th for her to do our full ceremony with the rest of the family!

April · Married on 07/16/2011

Deb Ashe is truly a delight. One of the best thing's about Deb being
    our officiant was her ability to make us feel at ease and her ability
    to truly adapt what we had wanted, in our hearts, for our wedding
    ceremony to be. Planning a wedding can be a stressful times, but with
    each discussion with Deb she immediately de-spelled any feelings of
    stress we had about the wedding ceremony and was always ready and
    willing to answer any wedding related question we had throughout the
    process. No question ever seemed irrelevant to her, even the smallest
    of detailed question she answered with respect and thoroughness. We
    had an interfaith wedding, a mixture of both Pagan and Jewish
    traditions and we wanted it to be a loving and spiritually fulfilling
    ceremony which paid homage to each religion. Before we had discovered
    Deb, it was difficult to find an officiant as knowledgeable as her of
    both faiths and that was also willing to do a mixed ceremony of this
    style. Once we found Deb though, our prayers were answered! We were
    able to easily work together and were able to blend the traditions
    nicely. The ceremony flowed so magically thanks to Deb! I highly
    recommend her as an officiant.

Sent on 07/29/2011

Rev. Deborah Ashe's reply:

'blush' Thank you so much for the opportunity to share this day with you. I enjoyed every moment of it. I loved the finished ceremony and walked away wishing I could do it all over again! Congratulations and may your love always shine as brightly as it did that day! Debi.

Melinda · Married on 11/28/2010

She is amazing. She has so many wonderful ideas and makes a special moment even more magical. I could not imagine having my wedding any other way! I highly recommend her!!

Sent on 12/01/2010

Rev. Deborah Ashe's reply:

Thanks Melinda, I was thrilled to officiate your wedding, we have been waiting for this day for ever [so it seems] You looked beautiful and Steve couldn't keep his eyes off you :-)

Jessica · Married on 10/17/2010

Rev. Debi Ashe obviously loves what she does. From our first contact email to our meeting and a few webcam conferences, we found her to be helpful and full of great ideas. It's great that she uses Skype and other media to interact with us because it was not always easy to meet in person. My busy schedule did not allow for a lot of time to spend conferring, so Rev. Ashe instead used Google Documents and other things like that to help us out. I could edit at my leisure and often did! i loved that! Who wants to call their officiant when they have an idea at midnight?
    Our wedding was wonderful and there wasn't a dry eye in the house, guests commented over and over about how touching the ceremony was. It was totally 'US'. She smiles a lot and makes you very comfortable. I can't think of anything else to say but - thank you Rev. Debi!

Sent on 10/19/2010

Rev. Deborah Ashe's reply:

Thank you for including me in your day! Congratulations!

Laura · Married on 05/15/2010

Reverend Debi is a wonderful person who truely enjoys what she does. She made sure to question us carefully to understand what we wanted in our wedding and then provided that and more. I received many comments from friends and family stating how beautiful and original our service was. If you want a service tailored exactly to you don't hesitate to call Debi.

Sent on 10/17/2010

Rev. Deborah Ashe's reply:

Of course it does help if the wedding party have enough character and personality for a small nation! LOL, loved this wedding!

Stefanie · Married on 04/24/2010

Very responsive and easy to work with. Professional and did a great job at our ceremony!

Sent on 04/25/2010

Rev. Deborah Ashe's reply:

A dream couple. Knew what they wanted, and were very easy to work with. Thanks for choosing me :-)

Kim · Married on 01/04/2009

My fiance had lost his job and we needed to get married asap to be able to apply for insurance benefits etc. At very short notice Rev Ashe met us at a coffee shop and took us to a local hotel that had a gazebo so that we could have a romantic setting for our photos. Even though there was snow on the ground and it was January. She went out of her way to make things good for us. I would recommend her services to anyone.

Sent on 07/05/2009

Rev. Deborah Ashe's reply:

Thank you for your review. I thought that we had fun in snowy January, and I hope things are improving for you both. Good luck in your new life together.

julie · Married on 10/11/2008

Rev. Debi was instrumental in helping us shape our ceremony and have a beautiful wedding. She is easy to talk to and always accessible. I sent her MANY emails with many questions and she always responded within a day or two without complaint! In fact, she was very positive.

We told Debi what kind of ceremony we wanted and our anxieties regarding family, etc... She was not only able to ease our anxiety, but also helped to create the absolute perfect ceremony for us. She is very intuitive and very experienced, so she was able to know what to say and when to say it; she has great advice. She is patient and kind and smiles and laughs a lot. Her contracts are clean and straightforward forward and fair (I dealt with many vendors who didn't work with contracts, so this was a relief). Her price is very good, but I would have paid double to have her. You can't go wrong with Rev. Debi. It is obvious through her quality of service and dedication that she loves what she does.

Sent on 11/03/2008

Rev. Deborah Ashe's reply:

We planned this for a long time and it was worth every minute :-)

julie · event on: 05/12/2012

This occasion was a baby blessing for my daughter on her first birthday. I gave Rev Debi some information before hand about what our daughter's spirit and personality is like. With that small bit of info, she crafted an incredibly beautiful and meaningful ceremony that had the crowd in tears. I am honored to know Rev Debi and so grateful she could do our blessing. We also had the pleasure of her as our wedding officiant in 2008. Always open to ideas and flexible and creative, Rev Debi will always have a special place in our hearts and in our family.

I would recommend Rev. Debi to anyone who wants a meaningful and memorable event without any hoopla or drama.

Jessica · Married on 09/27/2008

Rev. Deborah Ashe was very informative and responsive to any questions we had about our ceremony. Her flexibility in scheduling was excellent. She is very creative and open to new ideas. Our ceremony was original and perfect. We would definately recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 11/03/2008

Rev. Deborah Ashe's reply:

The groom hand made the arbour, it was a pity that it rained and it was brought indoors, but the ceremony and the couple were very special. Thanks for inviting me.

Corinne · Married on 09/04/2010

Debi was really easy to work with and helped make our day a true reflection of us as a couple. She was very responsive to me and my husband as we asked questions and worked on our ceremony together. She was a true professional at our rehearsal, handling our families really well as she walked all of us through the ceremony. After our initial meeting with Debi it was clear that we wanted her as our officiant. She is open minded, has great ideas and is a lot of fun. Thanks for making our day so special Debi!

Sent on 10/12/2010

Rev. Deborah Ashe's reply:

Thank YOU for including me in your day! I had a great time :-)

Tami · Married on 06/28/2009

My sister and I decided to throw my parents a surprise party for their 40th wedding anniversary. They had never before renewed their vows but we knew they'd wanted to for years. This was the perfect opportunity. I contacted several wedding officiants in NH and spoke extensively with each. Right away I felt so at ease with Rev. Ashe. She had quick and easy answers to all my questions, was extremely accommodating and very pleasant. But most of all, her excitement shined through. I didn't search any further after I spoke to her... I didn't need to.

My sister and I planned the party for months. I had recently become engaged and was also in the process of planning my wedding. Little did I know- my sister contacted Rev. Ashe without my knowing and they planned a little surprise of their own.

Rev. Ashe worked with both my sister and me on the vows. She was so patient with our back and forth and last minute changes. She allowed us to add different aspects to the renewal that my sister and I knew would be important to our family. But she also was able to help guide us through this process easily.

The vow renewal turned out perfect! There wasn't a dry eye in the house. Rev. Ashe was prompt, easy to work with and- just a gem. She also had a special calm and friendly way about her that set everyone at immediate ease. After my parents vow renewal- Rev. Ashe called my fiance and I to join her... for an engagement blessing. I was so surprised and overwhelmed and... so touched. She then presented us with a scroll of the blessing as a keepsake. Everything was so special and a day that my family will not soon forget. I truly believe that Rev. Ashe helped make this occasion even more special.

I recommend Rev. Ashe 110%.

Sent on 07/02/2009

Rev. Deborah Ashe's reply:

I loved being a part of this day! I likened it to a Russian Doll, when you took off one layer, there was another equally beautiful element underneath. Thanks for letting me be part of this special day for your family :-0
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/06/2009

Reverend Debi was great. From our first meeting with her, we liked her style, and felt comfortable with her immediately. She would customize our ceremony to be exactly like we wanted it. She also gave a us a lot of suggestions to get started. After the first meeting, we communicated mostly by email, which was fine with us. And she was always very responsive to our questions and feedback. The reason she is not getting 5 stars on responsiveness was because I think something happened with her phone number and we couldn't get through to her several times. I don't think we actually ever spoke over the phone. When we couldn't get her by phone, we emailed her, and she got back to us by the next day, but it would have been nice to have a real-time conversation. I think her number may have changed, because we always got a "fast-busy" signal - we probably should have told her her number wasn't working... But other than that, we have no complaints about her level of service with the planning stages. She arrived at the ceremony and was professional and cordial. She followed our script perfectly, and spoke clearly and loud enough for the guests to hear. The only little quirk is that she never told the guests to be seated (I didn't even realize until someone told me afterward), so our guests stood with us the entire ceremony. It was less than 15 minutes, so it was not a big deal, but I'm still not sure if she just forgot, or thought we wanted them standing because we never voiced that we wanted her to tell them to sit. Finally, after the ceremony, we didn't see her again. I knew she wasn't staying for the reception, but finding us to say goodbye and so we could thank her in person would have been preferred. She filed our marriage certificate immediately, and we got it in the mail by the time we got back from our honeymoon. In Summary, she did what we asked her to do, for a reasonable price, and with professionalism and an ease of manner. If it weren't for the phone, the seating, and the quick exit (which were all pretty minor in the scheme of things), she would have gotten all 5 stars.

Sent on 07/03/2009

Rev. Deborah Ashe's reply:

Thank you for the review. I enjoyed the ceremony immensely and I am glad to learn from your input :-)

Jesse · Married on 11/04/2007

My wife and I chose to do a non-traditional wedding by ways of a Halloween themed event. Rev. Ashe joined in the fun by wearing a costume herself. Even my mother threw a fit about wearing a costume!

Sent on 11/12/2008

Rev. Deborah Ashe's reply:

I was dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow....it was fun!