Rev Dean A Ryder Reviews

205 Reviews for Rev Dean A Ryder

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• 2016beachwedding

Lisa · Married on 10/26/2016

We came across Pastor Dean on Wedding Wire and booked him after some email exchanges based on his excellent reviews. We went to meet with him and his lovely wife a couple of months before the wedding to go over the ceremony details. They are both so nice and welcoming. We sat with them in their home and went through how we met and our story. They gave us all the choices for ceremony, vows, prayers etc to take away and then send back to them. We wanted to change the vows a little which was no problem and also wanted a sand ceremony. Nothing was too much trouble for him. He asked us both to send him three things we loved about the other and we choose not to tell each other and keep that for a surprise for the day and it was really nice. I'd highly recommend Pastor Dean, he makes the ceremony so personal to you both.

Sent on 11/13/2016

Jenn · Married on 05/07/2016

We are thrilled with Pastor Dean! Him and his wife are such kind people. The ceremony he performed for us was absolutely beautiful. He gave us lots of different options to choose from as far as what we wanted in the ceremony. He got to know us a little it as a couple too before performing the ceremony. We had a wonderful experience with him and I would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Hannah · Married on 04/10/2016

I could not possibly write a review that would explain to you how wonderful Pastor Dean AND his wife Donna are. My husband and I are so incredibly thankful that we chose to have had Pastor Dean marry us. All of our communications were professional and caring. You could tell that he was truly interested in us as a couple. We began via email and then met with he and Donna a few months before our big day. We sat and talked for hours about our relationship and how we met. He then went over our ceremony options and sent us home with bible verses, ceremony ideas, and choices. We took our time and then sent pastor Dean our choices. He completely customized his already wonderful wedding outlines for us. It was so beautiful and exactly what I always wanted. He truly brings God into the ceremony as well. His prayers and words will always resound in our hearts. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Pastor Dean to anyone who is marrying in the Tampa Area but does not have a pastor there. I just cannot stress enough how important your pastor is for your wedding - and Pastor Dean truly makes your day so special! THANK YOU!! :) We are so blessed to know you!

Sent on 04/18/2016

Jennifer · Married on 03/12/2016

Pastor Dean officiated our 3/12/16 wedding and we are so pleased. He and his wife are the sweetest people and calmed our nerves. Pastor Dean is organized and extremely professional. We would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 03/15/2016
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 03/05/2016

Pastor Dean was a fantastic choice for our officiant. My then fiance and I met with multiple officiants before making our selection. Pastor Dean and his wife welcomed us into their home and made us feel like old friends. With other officiants we met, it seemed like all they wanted was their money and not interested in the sacredness of a wedding. Something that stuck out to me about Pastor Dean and his wife were that they didn't mind waiting for weather to clear to run a little later, or if we were just running late just because all weddings do. Other Officiants we met with wanted to charge for each 5 minutes we were running late. That really worried me. But Pastor Dean was very understanding and very accommodating. Also, we were getting married outside and I didn't want to pay for a mic system if I didn't have to. Pastor Dean's loud and commanding voice made it so we did not have to rent any noise amplifiers and all the guests could hear him. Thanks for making our day special Pastor Dean.

Sent on 03/28/2016

Rebecca · Married on 02/13/2016

Pastor Dean Ryder was an amazing officiant. Since I was planning a wedding in FL from NY, I needed to find someone who I could trust over the phone since I could not meet this person face to face! He was so kind over the phone and detail oriented with the process. He told me exactly how the day would go ahead of time and was able to give us advice and ideas on the ceremony! He got to know us on a personal level and incorporated it into the ceremony which helped keep the guests interested. His words were well spoken and the ceremony went smoothly. Everyone could hear and understand him clearly. He was very responsive to all of my questions and needs. Included with his fees, he will come to the rehearsal to walk you through the ceremony with your family and bridal party. Which you would think is always included, but not with some of the less kind officiants we interviewed prior to speaking to him! He also went out of his way to help us understand the process for the marriage certificate for one in state resident marrying an out of state resident! He was able to send and recommend a great FL Marriage course online that helps waive the 3 day wait for obtaining your marriage license. The course was actually really eye opening and fun to do with my fiance at the time! We learned a lot about each other through the process! (this course is not required). I would highly recommend Pastor Dean Ryder!! Thank you so much for making my day so special!

Sent on 02/25/2016

From the moment we met Pastor Dean and his lovely wife Donna we have been shown so much kindness. We had the pleasure to spend time with pastor and his wife and we loved our time together. Having Pastor Dean officiate our wedding was a true blessing from God. Thank you so much for being apart of our special day :)
    - Deanna and Roque McMaugh

Sent on 02/24/2016

Andrew · Married on 01/02/2016

We cannot thank Pastor Dean Ryder enough for the personal ceremony he provided for us on our special day. We originally found Pastor Dean based on recommendations on Wedding Wire and met with him and his lovely wife Donna in their home before booking him. Both Dean and Donna were fully invested in getting to know us, the details of our relationship, and what they could do to make our day special. It was important to us to find a pastor that would align the ceremony with our religious views and he delivered a ceremony that acknowledged God's blessing of our union while still allowing the tone to be more casual to fit our beliefs. Pastor Dean is prepared to provide you with material to choose from to help design the ceremony and as a result we felt like we were a part of planning our event. Our favorite feature of his presentation was the incorporation of our "3 favorite things" about each other which were kept secret until the ceremony. Beyond sharing these facts with our audience he integrated those features into a custom sermon to finish off the ceremony to our complete surprise! Our families and friends have all commented on how great and personal the ceremony was, making it a memorable day for us and our guests. His custom remarks are now framed in our home to always remember how special we felt in that moment.

Donna was quick to publish up her own photos of our day allowing us to enjoy a small series of photos as we departed to our honeymoon the next day. A special feature that we did not expect but fully appreciated.

In addition to the stellar ceremony Pastor Dean was always prompt in his responses and always made our wedding feel as important as it should. We will forever recommend him to our friends and family in the Tampa Bay area for his personal approach and friendly professionalism.

Sent on 01/26/2016

Jessica · Married on 10/17/2015

Pastor Dean officiated our October 17th ceremony at the Historic Andrews Memorial Chapel in Dunedin, FL, and he did an amazing job. So many of our guests commented afterward that they'd never seen such a unique and special ceremony. I'm actually so sad that I didn't hire a videographer, because he did such a wonderful job that I know I would have loved to watch it again. He has a great presence, projects his voice VERY well, and you can tell that he is so filled with joy to be uniting a couple in marriage. And Pastor Dean's wife, Donna, is such a sweet woman! She took beautiful pictures at the ceremony and sent them to us the very next day. I'd highly recommend having Pastor Dean as part of your day - he does an amazing ceremony!

Sent on 11/07/2015

Debbie · Married on 10/17/2015

Pastor Dean performed a wonderful ceremony for our daughter's wedding. We wanted a traditional Christian ceremony which he provided, but there were some different things that he did during the ceremony that made the service unique. What a beautiful ceremony on a beautiful, special day.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Gene & Loretta · Married on 10/05/2015

This is our second time using Pastor Dean and his wife Donna. We first married in 2005 and wanted to renew our vows in the same location. We were successful in finding the pastor but we're not able to do the same location (Sand Key Beach Park). Sand Key requires a license and fee now, so we reserved s room at the Sheraton next to the park. Originally, I found Pastor Dean while doing a search while in Iraq (2005). The pastor and his wife were great and allowed our marriage to be personal and private. When I contacted him this year for the renewal they were very excited to assist us once again. From the first moments we meet we had a connection, however, this time we included our children. Nathan and Ella were included in the sand unity ceremony which was the center focus. Donna was great taking the photos and we were able to use some of the same poses like the first time. How wonderful these two are and they mean so much to us. Thank you so much for the memories. God Bless you both.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Laura · Married on 09/19/2015

Pastor Dean and his wife Donna are awesome. He was helpful and professional. Donna also helps out and takes awesome photos. Pastor Dean got to know us a little before the ceremony and it made it more personal

Sent on 09/21/2015

Pastor Dean is the best! He did a wonderful job at our ceremony and was exactly what we were looking for! He was very responsive to emails and even had us over to his house! On the day of the wedding his wife, Donna, took some incredible pictures of us! I highly recommend Pastor Dean!

Sent on 08/19/2015

Kelly · Married on 07/11/2015

I am not sure if I ever got a chance to provide a review, so I figured better late than never. My husband and I requested Pastor Dean's services, and it was the best decision. He and his wife were so warm and inviting from the moment we walked into their home. He provided a level of comfort and professionalism that I am so grateful for. He is also a huge hockey fan which was a PLUS in our book. :o) Working with him through the process gave me a welcomed sense of calm, and on that wonderful day everything went exactly as planned. We could not be any happier. And his wife is an absolute doll and took beautiful pictures of our ceremony. We highly recommend him for your wedding.

Sent on 02/16/2016

Roy · Married on 07/04/2015

Pastor Dean and his wife made our day so special from our first meeting at their home until our wedding day. We feel blessed to have had them such a huge part of our amazing day. Thank you does not seem like enough to say.....but Thank you.

Sent on 07/05/2015

Karen · Married on 05/18/2015

Thank you Pastor Dean for a wonderful ceremony. It was a very special day for all of us. Your support before, during and after the ceremony was very smooth. You made it easy to prepare for this event from Tennessee to Florida!

Jackie · Married on 05/12/2015

Pastor Dean did an amazing job. He and his wife are such a joy to work with. I wasn't able to meet Pastor Dean until my rehearsal, but I had spoken to him on the phone and communicated with him through email leading up to the big day. I had a destination wedding in St. Pete Beach and Pastor Dean made us feel comfortable and at ease. He personalized our ceremony and did an amazing job with our lasso and coin ceremony. Donna took beautiful pictures of our ceremony which was a plus =-) I recommend Pastor Dean to anyone and everyone!

Thank you Pastor Dean and Donna for making our special day so memorable and lovely.

Jackie & Johnny Ventura

Sent on 06/26/2015

Pastor Dean Ryder married my husband and I on May 10th, 2015. We were a bit behind schedule and had a few weeks until the wedding and had no officiant. Pastor Dean Ryder and his wonderful wife Donna welcomed us into their home and agreed to help us on short notice, AND marry us on Mother's Day. The ceremony was beautiful and very sentimental, but was short and sweet for the guests. I am SOOOO happy we found Pastor Dean, and I could not have asked for anyone better! If you are reading this, you have found your wedding officiant!

Thank you Pastor Dean and Donna!

- Bethany and Robert

Sent on 12/14/2015

Misty · Married on 03/12/2015

I would recommend Rev. Dean Ryder to anyone looking for an officiant for their wedding. Marshall and I had the pleasure of meeting Rev. Ryder and his lovely wife at their home while making plans for our wedding ceremony. We were looking for an officiant that would bring Gods presence to our ceremony and bless our marriage. Rev. Ryder brought many blessings from God through scripture and his kind words of wisdom. Plus he brought an impactful energy and the spirit of pure joy. We were delighted. Thank you so much for making our special day more magical then we ever expected.

Sent on 04/01/2015

Ashleigh · Married on 03/03/2015

Pastor Dean Ryder was an absolute joy to have as our officiant! He was so sweet from the very beginning. He was accommodating and kind as we worked to write our own ceremony and the end result was a beautiful collaboration of his blessing and our personal ceremony. He was very flexible as our wedding party got a bit lost on the way to our rehearsal and he helped us make the time-frame work. I felt a genuine love for God and what he does in his presence at our ceremony. He was so happy for us and happy to be sharing this moment with us. My husband and I both feel we couldn't have picked a better officiant for our day !

Sent on 05/29/2015

Sandra · Married on 01/24/2015

Once Tony and I met Pastor Ryder there was no question we wanted him to officiate for us. He made our ceremony very personal and meaningful. His touch of humor helped us relax and enjoy the ceremony as much as our family and friends.

Sent on 06/07/2015

Gary · Married on 01/17/2015

From the time my wife and I went to meet Pastor Dean and his wife's home to meet we knew immediately he was everything we hoped to find in a wedding officiant. He was very responsive throughout the planning process for our special day. Additionally, he offered guidance for us that proved priceless from his prior experiences. On our wedding day, he provided a very heartfelt and uplifting service that our wedding attendees commented on for weeks. I can not provide a better star rating for this man. Thank-you again Pastor Dean and we hope to keep in touch.

Sent on 04/02/2015

Kathleen · Married on 01/02/2015

Pastor Dean was an excellent officiant for our wedding.
    My husband and I planned the entire wedding long distance and Pastor Dean was able to help make our service a smooth experience. Our busy holiday schedule combined with limited time availability of the chapel caused our rehearsal to have to be held just a couple of our hours before our ceremony(!) but he was prepared and had communicated with us several times prior to our big day, so we didn't have to worry.
    Pastor Dean helped guide us through ceremony details including order-of-operations, passage selection, and vow details with ease and was not judgmental when we said that we did not want to include things such as a sand ceremony or lighting of a unity candle. I would definitely recommend contacting Pastor Dean to officiate your service, especially if you are looking to have someone whom you can trust to have his act together so you have one less thing to worry about on your big day (which, trust me, is HUGE - particularly when you have your florist cancel two weeks prior and your venue tell you they no longer have a baker, so they will not have your wedding cake, just 3 days prior to your wedding... knowing that if all else fails you at least have someone you can trust to definitely be there to preform your wedding is HUGE).

Kathleen · Married on 01/02/2015

Pastor Dean was an excellent officiant for our wedding.

Patrick · Married on 12/26/2014

Pastor Dean was an excellent Pastor to perform our wedding. We both felt Pastor Dean took the time to get to know us before our special day. He was very articulate, used wonderful scripture from the Bible. Pastor Dean totally personalized our wedding day as if we had 1,000 guest - the fact is we had only 5 people present at our wedding - Pastor Dean, his wife Donna, the caretaker of the chapel, and Terry and me. It was absolutely the most perfect wedding you could have imagined. I as so happy we found him to perform our wedding. I highly recommend Pastor Dean - he is a Man of God. You can not only see it in his mannerisms, but hear it when he speaks. Our special day will never be forgotten.

Sent on 04/02/2015