Rev. Cory Newell and Associates Reviews

845 | Newport News, VA

845 Reviews for Rev. Cory Newell and Associates

Austin C. · Married on 04/29/2020

The perfect small wedding!

Everything was perfect we felt super connected with rev. Corey and he made us laugh and smile more then anything and made sure we were comfortable with everything he did!

Sent on 04/30/2020

Rev. Cory Newell and Associates's reply:

aww! Ty you two! I would celebrate your wedding in every pandemic! Keep smiling you two -- pastor cory

Hope C. · Married on 04/29/2020

Quick, small, fun Wedding

Cory was excellent and made the day 10x better than we were expecting it to be. He was really funny and entertaining which really went well with our personalities. He was amazing and I want him at any wedding I attend.

Sent on 04/30/2020

Rev. Cory Newell and Associates's reply:

Awww ty!!! Just be sure to tell every one of your couples being wed that you prefer I officiate for you to participate! :) Thanks for the kind words and making this fun for me too! -- pastor cory
  • Sarah

Sarah M. · Married on 04/25/2020

Energetic, professional, timely, and funny

Thanks to Pastor Cory, our COVID-19 wedding was perfect! He was more than willing to work with us as the date of our wedding kept changing. Very last minute, we decided to cancel and just have a 10 person ceremony and Pastor Cory did not disappoint. He was very professional, timely, and has a great sense of humor!

Sent on 05/05/2020

Naomi N. · Married on 04/25/2020

Excellent flexibility

Cory did a great job of personalizing our service to our wants and needs. I felt like he had known us forever.

Sent on 10/04/2020
  • Mike

Mike G. · Married on 04/10/2020

Perfect Wedding Day!

Words cannot express how great Pastor Cory was as our wedding officiant. We are so glad we found him! His energy and positivity spread across our guest as he spoke. I don't think anyone could have done better to ensure we had the greatest day of our lives! He is one of a kind! Thanks again Cory!

Sent on 10/08/2020

Rev. Cory Newell and Associates's reply:

These words mean so much to me, thank you! My sincere honor! Thank you for having me. You two, keep smiling! :)
  • Holly

Holly F. · Married on 04/04/2020

Truly amazing!

We have a diverse group of friends and family so it was important to have our officiant be able to make everyone feel welcomed. Rev. Newell did an amazing job creating our ceremony. Everyone gave us compliments on how much they enjoyed the ceremony!

Sent on 10/04/2020

Lance D. · Married on 04/02/2020

Perfect Wedding

Couldn’t have asked for a better ceremony!

Katherine M. · Married on 03/28/2020

Great experience!

Pastor Cory was extremely nice and made everything feel natural and easy. He was very helpful with everything. We had a lot of plans change due to the coronavirus, but he still made things work. We got married on the day we planned and just moved our formal ceremony and reception to later in the year. I am looking forward to working with him again at that time.

Erik M. · Married on 03/28/2020

Great experience

Made the experience stress-free and our big day memorable.

Sent on 04/27/2020
  • Eleni

Eleni A. · Married on 03/22/2020

Awesome. Efficient. Hilarious

Pastor Cory is amazing! We wanted to do a small wedding ceremony since our original wedding got postponed due to Covid. Pastor Cory came through in the clutch. He was vibrant, charismatic, accommodating, and made us feel so comfortable! He made our marriage ceremony a great experience. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/25/2020

Shardae S. · Married on 03/20/2020

The wedding

He was very nice and professional even though we were a few minutes late he was willing to work with us and I really appreciate that and he’s funny as well if anyone’s looking for a great person to marry you I’m telling you he is the bomb he is the one in his price is all of it definitely will be using him again once we do our Val renewal.

Veeda · Married on 03/20/2020

Phenomenal and amazingly awesome

Anointed
    Patient
    Friendly
    Joyous Blessed

Rev. Cory Newell came through for my daughter and son-in- law not only at the last minute but during this Pandemic. He brought Faith and love to my home. Joy and hope to the people that attended and no one could stop speaking about him after his service.

Rev. Newell would be rated a 20 if there was a such thing. Words just can’t describe how God works through him!!

I am glad to have had him in my home to ordain my daughter and son-in-law.

He’s worth the time and money!!

The only bad part is that I did not get a picture of him with the bride and groom myself to post here.

I can’t thank you enough, Reverend Cory Newell!!

Shari B. · Married on 03/17/2020

Outstanding professionalism,warmth and personality

intimate wedding day so incredibly special and full of everlasting loving memories!! I couldn't have imagined a more perfect day, especially during this time of this social distancing. Thank you for coming to us and on such a short notice too!! You were so prompt, warm, genuine and professional! You went above and beyond and exceeded any expectations You are a class act and we were truly blessed by you!

Sent on 04/20/2020
  • I

Iscia J. · Married on 02/29/2020

Wonderful!

Cory was able to be available for our wedding on such a short notice. He was very quick with his responses when ever I had questions and was very kind! I’m very thankful I had this opportunity to work with him!

Sent on 03/05/2020
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 02/29/2020

Perfection

Wedding planning can be very stressful as you most likely realize since you are in the same position we were several weeks ago. LUCKILY, you won't have to worry about a thing when you use Rev. Cory Newell and Associates.

Our pastor was a gentleman named Chuck Daniel. His service is fully customizable. We chose to go with a light and funny ceremony. Throughout the process Chuck stayed in contact with us and helped generate ideas for the vows. Due to our busy schedules Chuck allowed us to meet with him over Skype.

Chuck is a naturally funny man, well dressed and liked by everyone at the wedding.

Look no further and hire Rev. Cory Newell and Associates today!!

Sent on 03/12/2020

Melvin K. · Married on 02/25/2020

Truly Delightful

Very nice and we appreciate the small things he did to make our day very special.

Sent on 03/05/2020

Kylee K. · Married on 02/01/2020

Rev Charles is Amazing!

We booked Rev Charles for our wedding before we ever met him and were overwhelmed with how excellent he was! He was so kind, responsive, well spoken, and created a ceremony that was personal to us with the little information he know about us. I would highly recommend using him!

Sent on 02/09/2020
  • Nicole

Nicole A. · Married on 01/08/2020

Nicole Andrews

We found Rev. Cory online and were impressed by the reviews. Because it was a small ceremony just me and my husband I thought that he would have a really quick service. But he wrote valves especially for us and made it extra special. Regardless of your religious faith or believes I would strongly recommend Rev. Cory he would fit any service.

Sent on 01/13/2020

Eric B. · Married on 01/08/2020

So glad we chose Corey

Pastor Corey made our ceremony like he had known us for years. He is very energetic, funny yet serious & tailor your ceremony to your desire.

Sent on 08/05/2020

Susan S. · Married on 12/31/2019

More than I expected

Pastor Corey was amazing! He was very easy to communicate with and the ceremony went amazing!

Sent on 01/07/2020
  • Bryan

Bryan D. · Married on 12/28/2019

Corey is an amazing talent.

A five-star review does not do justice for how wonderful Corey conducted our wedding ceremony. He was personable, funny, and professional the entire time.....and over 15 people asked for his contact information after our wedding. When we were looking for officiants to conduct our ceremony, what immediately stood out about Corey was his 'modern-take' on a non-denominational Christian ceremony. He brought in humor, scripture, and crowd interaction with an amazing perfection to the point it left us speechless.

A few months prior to our ceremony, we met with Corey for breakfast to get to know him better. After ten minutes into the meeting, we were sold on his enthusiasm. He mentioned how he likes to 'bring in the crowd' during a ceremony, and it was the highlight of the event. He made it very clear on how he wanted the entire audience to know it was OUR DAY, OUR WEDDING, and everyone was there to celebrate OUR DECISION to spend the rest of our lives together. There was not a single member in our audience who did not appreciate the amazing scripture and story Corey presented to the crowd.

Thank you so much Corey for making our day the greatest event of our lives.

Sent on 01/05/2020

Kendra · Married on 12/14/2019

Bride: Kendra Murray

Rev. Dr. Watson was amazing! We felt like we knew her. We couldn’t imagine our ceremony without her. Thank you Pastor Corey for recommending her.

Sent on 10/26/2020
  • Maila

Maila S. · Married on 12/13/2019

Last minute

Our marriage was planned as civil but we needed to have someone minister the license and we waited until the night before until lining him up. He is able to LGBT marriages and is an important thing to still consider in 2019 going into 2020 because others on this site had turned us away.

It was a quick and easy coffee shop marriage and he made it feel emotional and special.

Sent on 12/25/2019

Ashlie V. · Married on 11/16/2019

Pastor Cory Newell was amazing!

If you're looking for an officient who will customize your ceremony and tailor it to your wants and needs, Cory is your man! He was so bubbly and easy to talk to. He gave my fiance and I so many options and suggestions to really make our day feel special. Above all else though, is that no matter who you are or who you love, Cory will make you feel accepted and loved.

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 11/10/2019

Everyone was raving about our ceremony!

Pastor Cory was on point!!! We had one Skype meeting with him prior to the wedding where we told him our story of how we met and he took down notes furiously. He asked us lots of questions and he took everything we told him and incorporated it all perfectly into our ceremony, including every single detail! The ceremony was not boring, quite the opposite! He even gets the guests to participate at one point. Afterward, everyone was raving about how our ceremony was the best wedding ceremony they ever saw. Thank you so much Pastor Cory for making our ceremony so special!

Sent on 11/30/2019