Rev. Cory Newell and Associates Reviews

822 | Newport News, VA

822 Reviews for Rev. Cory Newell and Associates

Ashlie Vaughan · Married on 11/16/2019

Pastor Cory Newell was amazing!

If you're looking for an officient who will customize your ceremony and tailor it to your wants and needs, Cory is your man! He was so bubbly and easy to talk to. He gave my fiance and I so many options and suggestions to really make our day feel special. Above all else though, is that no matter who you are or who you love, Cory will make you feel accepted and loved.

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 11/10/2019

Everyone was raving about our ceremony!

Pastor Cory was on point!!! We had one Skype meeting with him prior to the wedding where we told him our story of how we met and he took down notes furiously. He asked us lots of questions and he took everything we told him and incorporated it all perfectly into our ceremony, including every single detail! The ceremony was not boring, quite the opposite! He even gets the guests to participate at one point. Afterward, everyone was raving about how our ceremony was the best wedding ceremony they ever saw. Thank you so much Pastor Cory for making our ceremony so special!

Sent on 11/30/2019
  • Z

Zachary Carter · Married on 11/09/2019

Easy to work with

Rev Cory and Rev Chuck were both incredible to work with. They were responsive, understood our needs, and were very professional along the way. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 03/08/2020

Rev. Cory Newell and Associates's reply:

Zachary, thanks for writing these nice things about our team and I. We were happy to assist and your Aunt, I heard, did a wonderful job presenting as well. Much love to the both of you! -- Rev. Newell
  • Gina

Gina Murphy · Married on 11/02/2019

Cory is amazing

Cory made our wedding so beautiful, intimate and FUN! He was so upbeat and personable, I feel like I’d known him for years. He was such a joy to have for our day. If you’re thinking about booking him, DO IT! You won’t regret it. Thanks, Cory!!

Sent on 11/05/2019

Sarah · Married on 11/02/2019

Joy to work with!

Pastor Corey was such a joy to work with! Without knowing it he was the pastor at wedding for a friend of ours 2 years ago. Pastor Corey was very knowledgeable on scriptures and anything that pertained to weddings. He sat down with us on a couple of occasions and listened to what we wanted for our wedding and tailored it to what we wanted our perfect wedding to be. He got our guests involved in the ceremony and made it fun! I would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 11/06/2019

Brian Enos · Married on 11/02/2019

Fun and professional

Our experience was wonderful. would definitely recommend to anyone!

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing job done for our wedding

Cory did an amazing spectacular job on our ceremony. He kept it very entertaining and expressed our story so perfectly!! He even involved our guests and made us ALL laugh and enjoy our day to the BEST!! What an amazing friend and man!!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/02/2019

Charles Daniel was awesome!

We had Charles Daniel marry us and he was awesome. We had a FaceTime meeting with him and expressed and few concerns (my fiancé is partially deaf in one ear) and he was great. Very understanding and made sure to speak very loud and clear while saying our vows to repeat. He made it a very personable ceremony which was amazing. Can’t recommend him enough!!

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah Wampler · Married on 11/01/2019

Genuine & Helpful

I reached out to Cory after being referred to him by a friend. He responded to me within an hour and was also able to FaceTime with me to go over his pricing, our questions, etc. that SAME DAY!

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Nigeria

Nigeria Barbour · Married on 10/26/2019

This vendor was amazing! She went above and beyond to do her job!

The service I received was excellent. Dr. Watson was my officiant. She spoke beautifully. She was very professional. She came prepared. Her words made guest cry, they loved her. DR.Watson has a beautiful spirit, and im very pleased.

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Nichole

Nichole Dawn Schultz · Married on 10/26/2019

Reverend Chuck was amazing!!

Hiring Reverend Chuck (Charles Daniel) through Reverend Cory Newell & Associates was one of the smartest decisions I made when hiring my vendors.
    Chuck was amazing--he was easy going, light hearted, made us laugh, and helped set the tone we wanted for our ceremony. Not only that, but he was always easily available--I can't count the number of times that I bombarded him with questions, even well after we got married! Wonderful man, great service, great price :)

Sent on 11/11/2019

Jennifer Moseley · Married on 10/26/2019

So personal!

He made it so completely personal! His energy behind it all was made it such an emotional moment. We loved Corey and wouldn’t have had it any other way!

Sent on 11/27/2019
  • Mathew

Mathew · Married on 10/19/2019

Made our guests laugh, was fantastic

Having a Rev for a non-religious wedding can be tricky, but he was utterly fantastic. Every guest commented on his wit for the ceremony and that he fit the bill to everything our friends and family would have expected of us. Wonderful service and made our day memorable!

Sent on 06/08/2020

Rev. Cory Newell and Associates's reply:

so so glad that your wedding day was everything you wanted it to be and that you risked working with a pastor! :) Cheers and blessings to much wedded happiness.
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Rancour · Married on 10/12/2019

Reverend Cory Newell is AWESOME!

Our wedding day was perfect. We couldn't have made it through without Reverend Newell's great advice and expertise!
    The Voglers

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Ivy ORP

Ivy Best · Married on 10/10/2019

The perfect moment

We hired Corey for our elopement ceremony and are so happy we did. My wife is Christian and I am pagan. Corey knew this and worked hard to create a ceremony that blessed our marriage with Christian prayer, but also respected my beliefs. He made us laugh and cry and wrote the perfect vows for us as a couple. He even used a phrase that means so much to us without even telling him what it is and what it means. We couldn't be happier with the moment we shared on the beach and he gave us a copy of the ceremony to keep. We're absolutely thrilled.

Sent on 10/15/2019

Miranda Watson · Married on 10/06/2019

Made our small ceremony great!!

Cory made our small garden ceremony fun and personal! The guests really enjoyed the ceremony and thought we chose the right officiant!! I would definitely recommend!!

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/04/2019

Look no further....

Rev. Cory was amazing to work with from start to finish. We met in March for our wedding that was in October and we felt that he truly got to know us and actually took the time to portray our story as best he could. He always answered promptly and professionally to any questions that we had. We have been married for two week now and our guests are still complimenting how well he did and how lively he made the ceremony. Rev. Cory keeps it interesting, keeps your guests involved and truly tailors his words to fit your love story. I highly recommend booking him as soon as you can! It was the best choice that we ever made! Thank you again for making our day so special!

Sent on 10/20/2019

Michael Gardner · Married on 10/03/2019

Made the best day even better.

Mr. Newell made the best day of my life and my wife’s even better with his words, demeanor, and professionalism. He was on time and very polite. He made sure everything was as how we wanted, asking questions I never even thought to, and gave everyone a calm feeling on a day where we may have otherwise been anxious. I can’t recommend him enough!

Sent on 10/11/2019

Cameron Grable · Married on 09/28/2019

Simple and Awesome!

Reverend Cory was just perfect for us! He was very attentive to every detail and put in all the effort that I would expect from someone that knew us for years. He really made our special day just that much more special.

Sent on 10/05/2019

Tasha · Married on 09/28/2019

A wonderful speaker!

Cory has such energy when speaking I felt like he had control of the whole crowd during the entire ceremony. He evoked tears, joy and knew when to break the emotions with a fun joke! I’m really glad we chose him as our pastor!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • I

Ines · Married on 09/22/2019

Cory is a Pro

I take forever to make a decision and I tend to research things meticulously prior to moving forward with a decision, especially something as important as my wedding day. After much research we decided to hire Cory to officiate our wedding, and it was one of the best decisions we made!! He made sure to walk us through the process of the ceremony step by step and did a wonderful job incorporating all of our wishes for our ceremony day- he was engaging to our guests (and us!), lighthearted, but also was able to set a romantic tone to our ceremony. He knows what he is doing and we had several guests ask us where we found him! Very pleased and so happy we decided to work with Cory.

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Seema

Seema Nice · Married on 09/21/2019

At last, our day has come

At last our day has come, a day to remember and cherish in our hearts and minds. As my husband and I reminisced over our beautiful ceremony, we sang Rev. Coreys' praises. He was amazing. We are not religious and we wanted a private ceremony outside, just the Bride, Groom and Rev. Awesome!
    He found us a beautiful gazebo and truly made our wedding special and surpassed our expectations at every turn
    He will be in our memories and hearts for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 11/19/2019

Gregory Knight · Married on 09/11/2019

The ceremony you want to be at

Cory is one of the most energetic, yet professional and appropriate wedding officiants I have ever experienced. He builds and extremely personalized wedding ceremony, along w/ his energy, he has tons of fun tools and tricks to keep your guests engaged, and he helps you with any wedding advice you need beyond just the ceremony. Having seen him once before, he was the only choice in my mind for my wedding.

Sent on 11/12/2019

Brielle Ketchum · Married on 09/08/2019

Cory is awesome!

Cory provided an exceptional service and one that will be remembered for years and years!

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/07/2019

We love Pastor Cory!

Guests are still telling us how much they loved Pastor Cory and his message. He made our wedding experience fun and took away all of our anxiousness as we stood before our large crowd. I love that he personalizes his message and was able to share our love story with guests. I would recommend him 1000x over. One of the best investments we made for our wedding!

Sent on 09/20/2019