Rev. Carol Saunders Reviews

64 | Sullivan, WI

64 Reviews for Rev. Carol Saunders

Danielle · Married on 07/09/2017

My husband and I were absolutely blown away by how wonderful our wedding ceremony by Reverend Carol was, she put together a completely personalized ceremony that perfectly shared our love story with all of our special family and friends. She is wonderful to work with and made us feel like we were her only clients, and took every bit of input we gave her and made a perfect ceremony just for us. Our family and friends are still talking about how much they enjoyed our wedding ceremony. We could not have chosen a better officiant for our wedding, our ceremony was everything we hoped for and more! We would highly recommend Reverend Carol if you are looking for a wedding officiant.

Sent on 07/31/2017
  • W

Wendy · Married on 07/01/2017

Where to even start! From our first FaceTime meeting with Rev. Carol, I felt like we had known her for years! She has such a calming presence, which I knew was something we needed come wedding day. She was prepared, answered all of our questions, but most importantly, made sure to constantly remind us that this day was about us & should be exactly what WE wanted! She assisted us in creating a ceremony that was tailored to what we wanted. We received so many compliments about our ceremony! About the reading we chose (a suggestion of Carol's :]) as well as these little elements Carol added to make it special for us. It was short, sweet, and perfect for us! Carol was feeling pretty ill on our wedding day, but she showed up excited & with a smile on her face :)! She made us feel relaxed & comfortable the entire ceremony- I truly couldn't imagine anyone but her being there, helping us start our marriage. You will NOT regret having Carol there for you on your wedding day! Thank you for everything, Rev. Carol!!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Laura · Married on 06/10/2017

Rev. Carol exceeded our expectations! We met with a number of officiants prior to Rev. Carol, but it was clear after our first meeting that we had made a connection. My husband and I were living in different cities, and she made the long distance work with a combo of in-person and Skype meetings. She kept us smiling and relaxed throughout the entire process. Rev. Carol provided us with several options that made our ceremony feel very personal, and she was very flexible in accommodating any changes we requested. Our wedding ceremony was more sincere and heartfelt than we could have imagined, in large part because of Carol's presence. Several friends and family members asked how many years we had known Carol, and were very surprised to hear that we'd found her online! We would highly recommend her for your wedding ceremony!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Rebecca · Married on 06/09/2017

Reverend Carol Saunders tended to all of our needs, making our day all that we hoped it would be! The personal touch she puts into the ceremony is phenomenal and we had many compliments from our guests as well. She was very accommodating when one of our readers was having health problems and also with meeting times, etc. She helped make our wedding day perfect! We strongly recommend her!!!!!!!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Maggie · Married on 06/03/2017

If you are thinking of having Reverend Carol Saunders officiate your wedding, DO IT! She is just amazing! Reverend Carol was extremely warm, welcoming, responsive, and organized from start to finish! She worked closely with us throughout the planning process to create a wedding ceremony that incorporated our beliefs, values, and hopes for the future and truly reflected who we are as a couple. It was the absolute highlight of our wedding day and we received several compliments from family and friends on how lovely the ceremony was. We wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Danielle · Married on 05/26/2017

From the moment we met with Carol, she had such a calming presence! We knew immediately she was the officiant for us. She brought such a unique, happy, spiritual and honest view on a marriage ceremony. She allows so much flexibility she can truly create a custom ceremony that fits every couples personality! You can not go wrong choosing Carol, she was always responsive and helped us along the way with any questions. She arrived prompt for both the rehearsal and wedding. She works well with all vendors and was able to work with the DJ to make sure everything was set for our wedding ceremony. Again she brought such a calm, excited presence during the ceremony which is just what my new husband and I needed. It was such a special day and Carol definitely was a huge reason why. We are still hearing comments from friends and family saying how wonderful our ceremony was and how friendly and enjoyable Carol was. Book with Carol and you won't regret it!

Sent on 06/10/2017

Sherrie · Married on 05/06/2017

Rev. Carol Saunders helped us create a beautiful wedding ceremony. Carol is an outstanding officiate, and my husband and I highly recommend her. We had several wedding guest tell us how beautiful our ceremony was and how much they loved Rev. Carol Saunders. She made our special day, exceptional!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Jacob · Married on 11/05/2016

Rev. Carol was amazing! She wrote us a beautiful ceremony that we continue to get complements on. She was very accommodating, and is very good at what she does! From the first time on the phone with her all the way up to the big day, she was very responsive and made sure we had everything we needed.

Sent on 11/24/2016

Chelsea · Married on 10/01/2016

We found Rev. Carol on WeddingWire and were immediately drawn to her after reading her reviews and seeing how genuinely happy she looked for the couples in all of her photos. This is what we wanted for our wedding day! We were also impressed by Rev. Carol’s professional, up-to-date website. My husband owns his own business, so he appreciates the time and effort required to create/maintain an effective online presence. We knew Rev. Carol would show this same care and dedication in her officiating services.

Upon meeting Rev. Carol, we knew we had found the right person to marry us. She was kind and warm, and had an energy about her that made us feel comfortable and calm in her presence. She spent time getting to know us in order to create the ceremony we envisioned, while providing guidance and reassuring words of wisdom along the way. She was especially good at reminding us to stay present during this important time in our lives.

We never felt like we had to worry about our ceremony. Rev. Carol was organized and told us exactly what to expect. In the days leading up to our wedding, Rev. Carol remained in contact with us. She even showed up early on our wedding day to ensure everything would go smoothly. Her excitement for us made us feel even more excited to get married!

We always knew that we wanted the ceremony to be the most important part of our wedding day. And it was! It was meaningful, and true to us and our story. It was better than we could have hoped for!

Our guests loved the ceremony as well. They were surprised to learn that we had only recently met Rev. Carol. She has the unique ability to connect with everyone, and she made quite an impact. By the end of the evening everyone wanted to be her friend, have her marry them, or attend her church.

We feel so grateful to have met Rev. Carol and have her marry us. We highly recommend her to others looking for a skilled, sincere officiant who is committed to creating a meaningful ceremony.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Madeline · Married on 09/17/2016

I found Reverend Carol on Wedding Wire, and immediately loved her by reading all the reviews! So I'm feeling so happy to add another rave review to express how much my husband and I truly enjoyed having her as our wedding officiant!!

My husband and I live in New York, so Reverend Carol and I set up an early morning call one day. From the moment I spoke to Reverend Carol on the phone over a cup of coffee, there was an immediate connection. Her warmth, kindness and personality made it easy to communicate what my husband and I wanted in our ceremony. Not only did she get every last detail correct, but she also created a beautiful ceremony that included our lengthy love story, spirituality and God.

I will never forget right before the ceremony - as an excited and a little bit nervous bride - she took my hand and reassured me that if I flub the vows that she will help guide me through it (luckily I remembered them! but her support eased my mind and heart).

The ceremony filled our hearts with joy, eyes with a few tears and smiles throughout. After the ceremony, all of our guests were blown away by the touching, personal and beautiful ceremony! They all wanted to know if Reverend Carol was a close friend, acquaintance, former Reverend - and even though she was none of them just a few months ago - my husband and I considered her all of those to us now.

We feel so blessed to have met Reverend Carol and have her in our lives. We highly recommend Reverend Carol for those looking for a memorable and meaningful ceremony!

Sent on 10/02/2016

michael · Married on 09/10/2016

From the moment we first met with Carol to discuss our wedding we knew she was the perfect choice. We made an instant connection talking in depth about how we first met each other and what we both envisioned for our ceremony. Carol was very well prepared and made sure the entire process would go smoothly with helpful guidelines and questionnaires for us to fill out. She took the time to get to know us in a very short time, and it really showed as she spoke about us during our ceremony. We would highly recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Taylor · Married on 09/03/2016

Jonathon and i seriously loved how carol was very kind & caring. We booked her on short notice two weeks before the wedding so i was very panicky on how it was going to go. But she calmed all those fears about the ceremony answered any of my questions i had. She put together such a beautiful ceremony for us & i am so glad for that.

Sent on 09/12/2016

Kristin · Married on 08/20/2016

We could not have been happier with Rev. Carol! From our first interactions with her, we knew right away that she would craft a perfect ceremony for us. We live out of state, so most of our correspondence was done via email. Carol made this extremely easy for us, with quick responses and detailed answers to our questions. She made every step of the process clear and straightforward to us, and along the way we felt as if we built a friendship with her. Carol is passionate about what she does, and this shines through in her services. The ceremony she designed after meeting with us and getting our story was simply amazing. So many of our guests commented on how beautiful the ceremony was and how it was a true celebration of love. It was extremely personal and a perfect balance of Catholic tradition, blessings, lighthearted humor, and music. We highly recommend Rev. Carol!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Jessica · Married on 08/19/2016

Carol was great! We spent a lot of time looking for an officiant that meet our criteria. It was a relief to finally find Carol! She was priced well for the type of ceremony we wanted (personalized) and she had a lot of energy and excitement. She worked with us to prepare our ceremony a month before the wedding and walked through everything with us the week of the wedding. Once it was time for the ceremony, we were both so relaxed in Carol's hands! Many of my guests complimented the ceremony and loved how personal it was. My father who originally thought the price was too high came to me and told me Carol was worth every penny - I agree! Thanks again Carol for making our day amazing!

Sent on 08/29/2016

Abby · Married on 08/13/2016

Rev. Carol Saunders was absolutely amazing! She was so engaging and our guests loved the ceremony! They said that it was beautiful and she reminded them of how sacred the Union of marriage is. She was so sweet and so helpful! I would recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Stephanie · Married on 07/23/2016

Have you ever attended weddings where you nearly fall asleep during the ceremony because the officiant or priest is monotone or lifeless? Well, that is NOT Carol.

My husband and I live in Chicago but were getting married in Lake Geneva and needed to find an officiant in the Wisconsin area. After reading some reviews online and talking with numerous officiants on the phone, we ultimately chose Rev. Carol Saunders--and we are so happy that we did.

We are not very religious and we wanted a serious yet fun ceremony, and that's exactly what we got. However, if you are religious, Carol can do that too; but if you're like us, she will respect your wishes and tone it down. Carol provided us with numerous examples of readings, ring exchanges, blessings and so forth but gave us plenty of latitude to incorporate our own ideas and make the ceremony truly and uniquely ours. After speaking with us, meeting with us in person, and completing an extensive questionnaire, Carol created a couple's story, which many of our guests complimented and said it was something you often do not hear but wish they did. During many points of our ceremony, our guests were laughing, which is what we wanted. At one point there were tears too.

Carol is extremely kind and personable--the kind of person you want leading your ceremony. She was very responsive throughout the entire planning process, and on the day of the wedding, she showed up early to ensure everything was in working condition for the ceremony. We would wholeheartedly recommend Carol to anyone looking for a professional and responsive officiant. Carol truly is first rate, and we are so pleased with our decision.

Sent on 07/28/2016

Kirstin · Married on 06/25/2016

Reverend Carol Saunders is simply the best! Our wedding ceremony was our favorite part of our wedding, and we have Carol to thank for that. Going into the wedding planning process, the ceremony planning was the one we were most anxious about. Carol eased our worries as she effortlessly walked us through the process. You can clearly tell upon meeting Carol that she absolutely loves what she does. She is so kind and caring, and wants the best for all our her couples. We continue to get compliments on how beautiful our ceremony was. I would highly recommend using Reverend Carol Saunders as your ceremony officiant, you will most definitely not regret it!

Sent on 07/29/2016

john · Married on 06/11/2016

The Reverend Saunders is the nicest and most kind person. My wife and I contacted her a week before our wedding day because our original justice of the peace had to back out at the last minute. Reverend Saunders listened to our tale and said she would rearrange her schedule and be more than happy to perform our ceremony. Reverend Carol then kept in contact with us up until the time of the wedding, her professionalism kept us calm, and made us feel we had contacted the right person. Reverend Carol made or ceremony so special, had everyone laughing and crying through our the service. She personable and open to suggestions, and makes you part of the process. Believe me when I tell you, you will be very pleased in using her service's!

Sent on 07/21/2016

Alyssa · Married on 06/10/2016

I came across Carols information on weddingwire. I wasn't sure exactly what I was supposed to be looking for in an officient but, to me, the ceremony was the most important part of the wedding and I wanted it to feel special and natural. As I spoke with Carol, she explained to me the process and that she wanted to create a sacred space. She took a great care in getting to know us and our story and the ceremony was wonderful. She always got back to me fast and was a great source of calm in the crazy because she's done this before and I knew we were in good hands. Thank you again Carol!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Carol was excellent and feeling out the couple, tailoring a personal ceremony service, then working with the couple to perfect it with edits. She shows genuine interest and devotion to crafting the perfect day!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Carmella and Matt · Married on 04/02/2016

Rev. Carol was wonderful to work with from the very start. Her approach to the concepts of marriage and her balance between traditional religion and more progressive spirituality are what ultimately made us choose her above all others. She stayed in constant contact with us (we never once had to worry whether she was on top of things), we learned quite a bit about each other which gave the actual ceremony a very nice personal feel. (On that note: we strongly advise going with the personalized ceremony option, well worth it!) Her words were touching and there wasn't a dry eye in the house! Furthermore, she was a huge help in making sure things went smoothly. On top of all our planning concerns, it was invaluable not having to worry about the ceremony itself. She helped direct us so we could simply enjoy the moment. We would recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 04/06/2016

Ryan · Married on 10/03/2015

Carol was extremely friendly and flexible. She did a great job of personalizing our ceremony, and listening to our wishes. We would definitely recommend working with her!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Linda · Married on 09/05/2015

A very good friend of ours suggested Rev. Carol Saunders to us for our 25th Anniversary Wedding Vows Renewal. I found she has a professional attitude and approach, focused on thoroughness and quality. Reverend Saunders always had the big picture in mind for our ceremony. Her style is very open and she possesses the ability to ask questions in a very clear way. Much of our communication was done on the phone and through emails. Reverend Saunders was still able to help me plan our ceremony without issues. Whenever my husband and I had questions about how or what we wanted for readings or traditions, she would get back to us quickly. I thought she was organized and her experienced showed in the suggestions and ideas that she offered. Her communication style is one where she acknowledges you and truly listens; she takes the information and recaps it to ensure that she heard you correctly. She is very approachable and displays a sincere willingness to help.

The intimacy of our wedding was incredible and was what I envisioned. It was a great experience working with Rev. Saunders before and during our renewal. When we were sent the questionnaire on how I met my husband and some other questions, I wondered how Reverend Saunders would put it together. I was so impressed how she put everything I said on paper and wove it into such a touching ceremony for us. She made the words leap from the page. The ceremony that was written for us was beautiful and unique and the delivery was outstanding. It seemed like artwork in a moment in time.

Our extended family loved meeting Rev. Saunders and how she took the time to talk to them. Words cannot express the joy we feel for helping us create great memories.

Thank you again to Reverend Saunders for the role you played in our 25th Anniversary Renewal ceremony. I hope we can do it in another 25 years!

Linda and John

Sent on 09/13/2015

Originally we wanted to get married in a Catholic church, but that ended up not working out so that is how we found Carol. We discussed that we wanted a couple elements of a Catholic ceremony, but we also wanted it to be personalized.
    We met with Carol once in person and once on Skype, and she really took the time to get to know us and was truly interested in our story. With all of the information that she gathered from our meetings she made an incredibly personalized ceremony. She included all the elements that we wanted, such as readings and vows that we picked out, and also included the story of how we met and how we got engaged.
    We loved how personalized it was, and received many compliments from our guests that it was the best ceremony they have been too, and that they learned something about us.
    We highly recommend her!!

Sent on 09/04/2015

Darcy · Married on 08/08/2015

When I first connected with Carol over the phone she was helpful and supportive with what my fiancé and I had in mind for our wedding day. She gave us great advice and was straightforward with the services she offered. When we scheduled to meet in person, Carol was very accommodating with our schedules and meeting location. The initial meeting was comfortable and effortless as we discussed with Carol the specifics of the wedding day. It was important for both of us to incorporate our beliefs and new traditions into our ceremony. Carol tailored our ceremony to fit our own personalities, which made the day relaxing and comical at times. She paid attention to the fine details, which emphasized our ceremony to make our guests feel a part of our big day. She has an amazing way with connecting the guests with the bride and groom during ceremony by sharing the “love story” with everyone. I had never been to a ceremony where the officiant connected with the guests in such a way and feel honored to have had that connection during our marriage. Our guests continue to mention how beautiful the ceremony was. I have had many guests ask how I know Rev. Carol. When I explain that I met her online through wedding wire, they honestly don’t believe me. They too reflect on how personal and detailed Rev. Carol was in her presentation. They thought that Andrew and I had known here for years considering the way she told the “love story” and made it so memorable and significant. We would definitely recommend Rev. Carol’s services. She was great to work with

Sent on 08/24/2015