Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant Reviews

Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant 5
Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant 6
Rev. Barbara Mulford - My OBX Officiant 7

Ashley · Married on 04/08/2016

Barbara was made for officiating weddings. She's helpful, informational, & asks great questions that sincerely personalize your wedding! Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Randy and Donna · Married on 02/14/2016

We picked Barbara because we loved her website and she looked so kind and caring. She went above and beyond for us and she was so flexible. She was very helpful and she is a very compassionate person. We were to be married on Valentine's Day, but there was a snow storm and the government offices closed early so we were not able to get our marriage license for Valentine's Day so we were married on Monday, the 15th officially. Barbara still met with us on Valentine's Day and we said our vows out on Jeanette's Pier on a cold wintery day. She took it all in stride! Then, she met us at the government offices and finished marrying us there!!! She handled all the paperwork and she was just so fun and accommodating! She gave us a wonderful experience and we will cherish that memory always! We will recommend her to everyone!!!

Sent on 07/31/2016

Having Barbara as our wedding officiant made our wedding day extra special with her thoughtful heartfelt message of love. She has an unparalleled level of eloquence, poise and professionalism rarely seen in todays culture. Even with a last minute time change, (2 hours earlier than planned) she was able to accommodate our needs to beat the impending storm with our outdoor ceremony.

Sent on 02/10/2016

Leah · Married on 11/01/2015

We searched for awhile to find an Officiant that could meet our basic needs within our budget. After meeting Barbara in person, we knew she was the perfect person to marry us! She was so easy to talk to and really took the time to figure out what we were wanting. She was also really easy to get in touch with whenever we needed to reach her. We had such a small, intimate ceremony on Jennette's Pier and it was everything we dreamed it would be! Barbara made it extra special with her personal touches. Everything from the rose ceremony for our mothers to the beautiful words she spoke and the "seashell wishes" that we all made truly made our wedding an unbelievable experience. We cannot thank you enough Barbara!

Sent on 01/22/2016

Kimberly · Married on 10/21/2015

Barbara was wonderful! We only communicated through email as we were eloping to the Outer Banks and wouldn't have time to meet her beforehand. We told her a little about ourselves and what type of ceremony that was it! She was early to the ceremony site and was very friendly and warm. It felt as if we'd known her forever! The ceremony itself was the perfect length and she had beautiful words. My husband, who was nervous about what or how much he had to say was very happy that his part was kept to a minimum (he's a little shy). We would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Jacob · Married on 10/11/2015

Barbara was exceptional, throughout both the early stages of planning our wedding, as well as during the ceremony itself. She was always available to answer questions, and made the effort to meet with us both over Skype, and in person. We had many of our family and friends comment on how intimate and touching the ceremony was, and we can't help but to blame Barbara for that! Anyone considering getting married in the Outer Banks, whether it be a small or big ceremony, should absolutely get in contact with Barbara. We could not have asked for a better officiant! Many thanks to you again, Barbara!

Sent on 10/17/2015

Amber · Married on 09/27/2015

Barbara is an absolute dream. She is warm, kind, helpful, and respectful.
    She didn't even meet my fiance until the rehearsal, yet was able to talk with me several times and come up with a perfect personalized ceremony. We also wanted a secular stefana (Greek crown) segment, which took a lot of work, which Barbara was totally up for and helpful with. She worked with our somewhat difficult wedding party and made everything beautiful.
    I would absolutely recommend her to any bride looking.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Lynn · Married on 08/26/2015

Reserve Rev Mulford as soon as you can as she books up. Even though we did not know her before we started, she was able to make the ceremony intimate and meaningful. She has many options in making the ceremony one of a kind. We loved the Sand Ceremony and the Shell Ceremony.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Kelly · Married on 07/03/2015

My fiancee and I were planning our OBX wedding from out of town, and we used one weekend we had scheduled in the OBX to schedule meetings with some area officiants. Barb was our first meeting of the weekend, and after meeting with her- for just an hour- we cancelled the meetings we had scheduled with other officiants and signed our contract with her on the spot. Her warmth and obvious love for what she does made us commit to her, unquestioningly, but it was her efficiency, professionalism, and organization throughout the planning process and the week of our wedding that made us feel so extremely blessed in the choice we had made. Communicating with us via email, she designed a beautiful ceremony that was so personalized and perfect for my fiancee and I's background. She created a beautiful keepsake album of the ceremony, including our vows and readings, and got our wedding certificate signed and mailed off with zero stress on the two of us. I felt a little anxious, in the weeks leading up to the wedding, that I had not gotten a wedding coordinator to make sure the day of went smoothly. However, when it came to ceremony flow and details, Barb was so efficient that we didn't have a moment of stress once we saw her in action at our rehearsal. So happy with our choice; Barb really made our wedding ceremony perfect.

Sent on 07/23/2015

Michelle · Married on 06/13/2015

Barbara is absolutely wonderful! We are blessed to have found her for our wedding! She was very helpful the whole year and a half of working with her! Any questions, she was quick to answer and gave great suggestions and recommendations! It was definitely a pleasure to work with her!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Carol · Married on 06/12/2015

Very professional. Quick response to initial inquiry. She made the whole process simple and stress free. I had full confidence and trust in Barbara after our very first conversation and was not disappointed. Very easy to talk to and work with. She wanted the ceremony to reflect our personal desires and beliefs and was very good at understanding and implimenting those desires. Very flexible and genuine. My son had an eight hour drive the day of the wedding and called just prior to the ceremony to let us know he was going to arrive about twenty minutes late. We told her we would go ahead and start without him, but she insisted that it would be no problem to wait for him. An overall perfect experience.

Sent on 06/28/2015

Alyssa · Married on 06/11/2015

Barbara Mulford was a joy to work with! When first requesting to speak with her on her website, she called back within five minutes to answer all of my questions and then some! I would highly recommend her for your ceremony.

Sent on 06/25/2015

Jamie · Married on 06/11/2015

Barbara was fantastic, from beginning to end. Very nice lady and she made me feel so comfortable talking to her and planning a small wedding from states away! We had a few mishaps along the way and she was very supportive and understanding with everything. At the end of it all we had a perfect ceremony! Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/02/2015

Natalie · Married on 06/10/2015

My husband and I decided to get married at the last second while vacationing at the OBX. While speaking with someone at a store we heard about how wonderful Barbara was. We decided to give her a call and I'm glad we did. She was able to fit us in last minute and was really helpful with suggestions for photographers, music, locations, etc. When we met her she was very nice and always smiling. The ceremony was beautiful and everything we had hoped for. I highly recommend her to anyone getting married at the OBX.

Sent on 06/25/2015

dawn · Married on 06/10/2015

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Barbara for our wedding earlier this month on the beach. Barbara was amazing and made our special day perfectly suited for our family.

Sent on 06/29/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 06/10/2015

Barbara was absolutely amazing. She was so sweet and kind hearted. Very well spoken and our ceremony was beautiful all thanks to her. She even created a binder of everything said during our ceremony for keeps sake. I definitely recommend her as a officiant.

Sent on 07/11/2015

Laurel · Married on 06/09/2015

Barbara is such a kind and warm person. So easy to work with and was always available to talk or answer questions. She made us both feel so comfortable. The ceremony was all that I wanted and more. She also has a great repoire with the other vendors. She's a joy.

Sent on 07/07/2015

Karen · Married on 06/07/2015

Barbara was an added blessing to our wedding! After about 6 months of phone calls, emails occasionally back and forth our wedding day and meeting Barbara for the first time was here. When we meet her it was like meeting a friend. So glad we decided to allow her to officiate in our wedding!

Sent on 08/09/2015

Robert · Married on 06/02/2015

Barbara Mulford was a great wedding Officiant not only was she helpful in where and how to. always in communication with her clients, I would recommend Barbara Mulford to all my friends, If I can I will be useing other services in the future. Thank you Barbara.

Sent on 06/26/2015

Barbara is amazing! She genuinely wanted to get to know us before our big day, and performed a beautiful ceremony tailored to our personalities and preferences. She's a pro!

Sent on 05/31/2015

Amber · Married on 05/19/2015

Barbara did a wonderful job! She was prompt and friendly and professional. She walked a long way between the parking lot and our chosen venue with no complaint with looming storm clouds above. We couldn't have chosen a better officiant!

Sent on 06/12/2015

Leo · Married on 05/18/2015

We could not have asked for a better moment on our day! Even though what we requested was fairly non-traditional, Barbara made everything absolutely perfect!

Sent on 05/28/2015

Stephanie · Married on 05/18/2015

Rev. Barbara Mulford was absolutely wonderful. I couldn't ask for a better person to officiate our wedding!

Sent on 05/31/2015

Heather · Married on 05/17/2015

Rev Mulford was fantastic. The entire time I worked with her she felt like a part of my family. She cared. She worked with us to create a beautiful memory to start our vows with. She is reasonably priced and offers a military discount. Her sea shell ceremony was a perfect addition and something out of the ordinary. The book she put together for us will remain with us forever. She even went out of her way to find us a local seafood market between nags head and corolla to get fresh seafood in off season! I would recommend rev. Mulford to anyone who is considering getting married at the outer banks!

Sent on 06/24/2015

Rhonda · event on 05/16/2015

She was everything we had hoped for to make our day beautiful! So wonderful - the ceremony was so fabulous that it felt as if we had known her all of our lives! Definately a Blessing to have on such an eventful day!

Sent on 05/20/2015