Barbara Mulford Reviews

224 | Kill Devil Hills, NC

224 Reviews for Barbara Mulford

AMY · Married on 04/10/2017

Barbara was one of the best decisions we made regarding our destination wedding on April 10th, 2017. She was always fast to respond, easy to contact/communicate with, and always open to all ideas we had regarding our ceremony. She had the natural ability to relate to us and use our ideas and personalities to create the best ceremony we could have asked for. She is professional, courteous, and you won't go wrong with her performing your ceremony! !! Thanks for our special day Barbara!
    Amy and Jon Bryant
    4/10/2017....OBX Beachfront

Sent on 04/16/2017

Sara · Married on 03/19/2017

Barbara was a dream to work with. Our first phone consultation was wonderful and really put my mind at ease about someone capturing our relationship and giving us the ceremony we wanted. Barbara sent lots of ideas to help with vows and readings and was also helpful with the handfasting we wanted to include. She was flexible when we need to make changes in the ceremony and even changing the day becauae of weather!! The book she made was beautiful and we will treasure her help in putting together the perfect ceremony for us!

Sent on 04/09/2017

Erica · Married on 03/08/2017

Barbara was beyond amazing! She was very accommodating throughout all of our planning. She delivered a beautiful ceremony with meaningful words and put us at ease with directions throughout the event. I honestly cant recommend her enough!! You can definitely tell that she puts her heart into it and that she truly cares about her clients. She took the time to talk to us and get to know a little about us to make sure that her delivery was tailored toward us. She has such a joyful demeanor that without a doubt transcended into our ceremony. We are truly so grateful for her and feel so blessed that someone so special married us!

Sent on 04/05/2017

Barbara,

We just want to thank you for being a part of our special day. Every detail of the ceremony is perfect and we couldn't wish for a more perfect officiant. Communicating by email is very hard since were from another state but you gave us your assurance that we don't need to worry because you'll give us the perfect wedding ceremony that we have imagined, and you did. You exceeded our expectations. We really felt how passionate and good you are at what you do. From the bottom of our hearts thank you.
    Meng&Marie

Sent on 10/20/2016

Amy · Married on 09/20/2016

My ceremony was nothing but super and Barbara was a part of that. I truly couldn't of asked for anything better. After our meetings and emails back and forth I was completely comfortable that everything would go off without a hitch. I was completely shocked when we decided to write our own vowels and Barbara had them laminated so we could see them and so that the elements of the beach wouldn't destroy them. Our wedding book is one of our treasures. Thank you so much !!!!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Stephanie · Married on 09/16/2016

I would absolutely pick Barbara! She was very nice and takes the time to get to know you! She helped so much with our vows I couldn't ask for anything better! She is a wonderful wonderful person and I would recommend her to anyone!!!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Kristen · Married on 08/08/2016

Barbara was exceptional from our first phone call. We were from out-of-state and she provided helpful information on selecting everything we needed. She put us at ease the second we met her and put on a beautiful ceremony. Everything she said and included was just perfect. We had guests from all backgrounds and beliefs and everyone loved it. Just beautiful!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Kelly · Married on 07/22/2016

Barbara was simply amazing. From the first time I spoke with her, I knew she was the one we would choose to perform our ceremony. I explained that our wedding would be fairly small and that a quarter of our guest would children. I also explained that I wanted my son to walk me down the aisle and that he was autistic. I wasn't sure what the reaction would be but, she met my request with delightful kindness and humor. Her prices were reasonable and I even got a nursing discount. Our ceremony was everything that we envisioned and more; many of our guest said it was not only the best wedding they had ever attended but the most fun as well. Several of our guest assumed we were long time friends, but in fact we met her when we hired her for our wedding; though we feel as though we have made a life long friend. I would recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant. "Thank you," Barbara for making our day so very special, for inserting humor, making it relaxed, and allowing us to have our children be a part of not only the day, but a special part of the ceremony. You are simply the best! ~Kelly & Chucky Wheaton

Sent on 08/18/2016
  • Kacey

Kacey · Married on 07/09/2016

Barbara was simply AMAZING! My now husband and I live in Maryland and she made planning a destination wedding a piece of cake. We met her via Skype the summer before our wedding and instantly loved her and knew we wanted her to officiate our wedding.

She was always very quick to respond to emails and helpful with answering our questions — anything from what type of ceremony we wanted to how to go about obtaining our marriage certificate. Our wedding was July 9th and it was everything we hoped it would be and more!

We met Barbara in person earlier that week at a local coffee shop and she was SO sweet and helpful. We ran through the whole ceremony and she made sure it was exactly what we wanted.

After the ceremony, I was told by a few people that this was one of the most beautifully unique ceremonies they had ever seen. Barbara truly listens to the couple and puts together a ceremony that is not generic, but fits them as a couple.

If you’re looking for a wedding officiant, I without a doubt would HIGHLY recommend Barbara!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Lorna · Married on 06/25/2016

Barbara performed our ceremony in June 2016. She is an amazing person. She, my bestie/MOH, myself, and my then fiancée just clicked. We honestly love her! She is very professional, super friendly, very knowledgeable about different types of ceremonies, a free spirit, and an absolute joy to be around. We couldn’t have found a better person to do our ceremony for us!

Sent on 07/11/2016

radeyah · Married on 06/25/2016

During the course of the wedding planning process, Barbara became a dear friend and someone I know that my friends, Lorna and David, and I will treasure forever. I think it's rare to meet someone like Barbara that listens... not just because she is a vendor contributing to your wedding... but really listening to get to know you better as a person. After the first meeting we all had with her, Lorna, David, and I came away with the same feeling that there was just something about her that was just special. That feeling continued all the way up until the last second of the wedding. You never know what you will encounter selecting an officiant for a destination wedding, but Barbara was a beautiful exception. She made an effort to really know my friends and create a ceremony that not only fit them as a couple but also highlighted her personality and the uniqueness of the beach environment. If you can, make an effort to meet with her in person a couple times before the wedding. She is the most amazing person to be around and you feel as if you're in the presence of someone who is deeply spiritual without ever being preachy or judgmental. She is a true gem and you will be very happy you chose her to be a part of your big day!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Melissa · Married on 06/02/2016

I'd love to give more stars!
    Barbara did a wonderful job. She's such a kind, sweet person. She went above and beyond for us. Even weathered the tail end of Tropical Strom Bonnie with us so we could get married on the beach.
    We'd highly recommend her. She'll add special to your special day.
    Don and Melissa

Sent on 06/03/2016

Angela · Married on 05/14/2016

Barbara was phenomenal! I would highly recommend her to anyone planning an Outer Banks wedding.

Sent on 05/21/2016

Heather · Married on 05/09/2016

I just wanted to say Thank You so much for your services for our wedding!!! We really enjoyed meeting you and everyone commented on what a wonderful service you provided! All compliments to you!!!

Sent on 07/20/2016

Barbara was extremely helpful, organized, fun and professional all at the same time! Barbara made our ceremony a truly pleasant experience. I would recommend her to any future couple getting married at OBX!

Sent on 05/22/2016

Jordyn · Married on 04/27/2016

Barbara was amazing! She made everything so easy through the whole process which was great considering we live 12 hours away and would be up only 4 days before the wedding. She was super flexible and very nice. She made sure that everything was what we wanted. She coordinated with the photographer and us to make sure everything went smoothly and we would get the greatest pictures. She even was great with my autistic brother who just so happened to go into a meltdown during the ceremony... She simply kept on and did not make it a big deal. What could have been a very scary experience turned out to be great just because of how amazing the people we chose to officiate and photograph our wedding. I should also add in that she had a wedding emergency kit and snipped off my strings on my dress so it wouldn't stick out in my photos!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Kelly · Married on 04/26/2016

Barbara was warm and friendly from the moment with starting emailing and absolutely wonderful to work with. She greeted everyone with a smile and a hug! We could not thank her enough for the beautiful ceremony. Our entire family was thrilled with the entire ceremony. It could not have been more perfect for Zach and I! Laid back and beachy, spiritual but not religious was what we asked for and that is exactly what we got. Barbara truly did an amazing job! Anyone getting married in the Outer Banks should call Barbara first!

Sent on 05/01/2016

Joanne · Married on 04/25/2016

She was very sweet and personable, highly recommend her.

Sent on 05/18/2016

Ashley · Married on 04/08/2016

Barbara was made for officiating weddings. She's helpful, informational, & asks great questions that sincerely personalize your wedding! Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Randy and Donna · Married on 02/14/2016

We picked Barbara because we loved her website and she looked so kind and caring. She went above and beyond for us and she was so flexible. She was very helpful and she is a very compassionate person. We were to be married on Valentine's Day, but there was a snow storm and the government offices closed early so we were not able to get our marriage license for Valentine's Day so we were married on Monday, the 15th officially. Barbara still met with us on Valentine's Day and we said our vows out on Jeanette's Pier on a cold wintery day. She took it all in stride! Then, she met us at the government offices and finished marrying us there!!! She handled all the paperwork and she was just so fun and accommodating! She gave us a wonderful experience and we will cherish that memory always! We will recommend her to everyone!!!

Sent on 07/31/2016

Having Barbara as our wedding officiant made our wedding day extra special with her thoughtful heartfelt message of love. She has an unparalleled level of eloquence, poise and professionalism rarely seen in todays culture. Even with a last minute time change, (2 hours earlier than planned) she was able to accommodate our needs to beat the impending storm with our outdoor ceremony.

Sent on 02/10/2016

Leah · Married on 11/01/2015

We searched for awhile to find an Officiant that could meet our basic needs within our budget. After meeting Barbara in person, we knew she was the perfect person to marry us! She was so easy to talk to and really took the time to figure out what we were wanting. She was also really easy to get in touch with whenever we needed to reach her. We had such a small, intimate ceremony on Jennette's Pier and it was everything we dreamed it would be! Barbara made it extra special with her personal touches. Everything from the rose ceremony for our mothers to the beautiful words she spoke and the "seashell wishes" that we all made truly made our wedding an unbelievable experience. We cannot thank you enough Barbara!

Sent on 01/22/2016

Kimberly · Married on 10/21/2015

Barbara was wonderful! We only communicated through email as we were eloping to the Outer Banks and wouldn't have time to meet her beforehand. We told her a little about ourselves and what type of ceremony that was it! She was early to the ceremony site and was very friendly and warm. It felt as if we'd known her forever! The ceremony itself was the perfect length and she had beautiful words. My husband, who was nervous about what or how much he had to say was very happy that his part was kept to a minimum (he's a little shy). We would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Jacob · Married on 10/11/2015

Barbara was exceptional, throughout both the early stages of planning our wedding, as well as during the ceremony itself. She was always available to answer questions, and made the effort to meet with us both over Skype, and in person. We had many of our family and friends comment on how intimate and touching the ceremony was, and we can't help but to blame Barbara for that! Anyone considering getting married in the Outer Banks, whether it be a small or big ceremony, should absolutely get in contact with Barbara. We could not have asked for a better officiant! Many thanks to you again, Barbara!

Sent on 10/17/2015

Amber · Married on 09/27/2015

Barbara is an absolute dream. She is warm, kind, helpful, and respectful.
    She didn't even meet my fiance until the rehearsal, yet was able to talk with me several times and come up with a perfect personalized ceremony. We also wanted a secular stefana (Greek crown) segment, which took a lot of work, which Barbara was totally up for and helpful with. She worked with our somewhat difficult wedding party and made everything beautiful.
    I would absolutely recommend her to any bride looking.

Sent on 10/15/2015