Rev. Barbara Lodge Reviews

Rev. Barbara Lodge 6
Rev. Barbara Lodge 7

Amy and Eric Boerner · Getting married on 02/05/2021

Personal, Intimate, Perfect!

Reverend Lodge provided us with the wedding of our dreams! Professional guidance and helpful tips, plus a service tailored to our desires and beliefs. Could not be better! Barbara is a delightful person who obviously loves her profession!

Sent on 05/31/2019

Rev. Barbara Lodge's reply:

How kind of you, Amy and Eric. Thank you. I loved playing a part in your love story and came away from your wedding every bit as touched as were all your guests. Hugs to all of you!

Peter Mann · Getting married on 01/05/2021

Professional, Warm Officiant

We are so happy that we chose Rev Barbara Lodge to serve as the officiant for our wedding. She was recommended by our wedding coordinator and has been so great to work with. She was flexible in meeting with us over facetime and tailored the service to what we wanted. Barbara is punctual, professional, communicates well, is warm and really cared about us. She did a fantastic job in crafting and delivering the service.

Sent on 05/29/2019

Rev. Barbara Lodge's reply:

Thank you so much, Peter. I really loved getting to meet you and Sylvia and sharing in your love on your wedding day. And what a beautiful wedding it was. Your vows were were so beautiful and heartfelt that they were sure to have touched everyone there as much as they did me. Many happy trails to you both.
  • Haley

Haley · Married on 08/31/2019

The Ceremony of Our Dreams

Having Rev. Barbara Lodge as our officiant was the best decision we ever made. She is so warm and kind and wrote an incredible wedding ceremony completely tailored to us. The ceremony she created was a complete expression of our relationship and the love and devotion that we share for one another. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful and meaningful ceremony. Planning with Rev. Lodge was so easy and she genuinely loves getting to know her couples! We couldn't have asked for a better officiant and will cherish our beautiful ceremony forever!

Sent on 09/12/2019
    Rev. Barbara Lodge 8
    Rev. Barbara Lodge 9

Erin Ross · Married on 08/09/2019

Absolutely Amazing

We changed our wedding plans from a quick elopement at the courthouse to a small wedding in Mordecai. After reading reviews, I contacted Rev Lodge. She was flexible and was able to officiate our wedding with only two weeks notice. We had the most thoughtful, personal, and lovely wedding ceremony we could have imagined. We can not recommend her enough for a wedding!

Sent on 08/14/2019

Rev. Barbara Lodge's reply:

I so loved being a part of your sweet wedding in the charming old St. Mark’s chapel. You and Tommy were glowing through the ceremony and it made my heart smile to see it. Thank you for including me in the launching of your married life and for the lovely words you wrote above. I am very touched. Hugs to you both!
  • Amy

Amy Broman · Married on 07/14/2019

Wonderful officiant

Barbara was recommended to us by the Arrowhead Inn Bed and Breakfast as the officiant who has assisted couples with the celebration of their marriages for years. Barbara is extraordinary--both as a human being and officiant. Barbara welcomed us into her home and spent quality time getting to know the two of us as both a couple and individuals. Barbara offered suggestions that ultimately made our ceremony one-of-a kind and the way in which she was able to weave words together as a celebration of our love created memories for us and our guests that will last a lifetime. Barbara cares for those with whom she works and we will cherish our experience with her always.

Sent on 07/19/2019

Rev. Barbara Lodge's reply:

What kind things to say, Amy. Thank you. It was an honor to help you and Eric have a wedding that fit you so well. You couldn’t have chosen a more perfect environment for your intimate wedding and watching your faces as you said your vows to each other was sweet beyond words. Beaming smiles always add a special magic to weddings. Have a great, adventurous life together!
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 06/22/2019

One of our best wedding decisions was hiring Reverend Barbara Lodge!

One of our best wedding decisions was hiring Reverend Barbara Lodge for our wedding ceremony. We knew we wanted our wedding ceremony to be unique, personalized and not too religious. After meeting with Rev. Lodge at her home, we emailed her the same evening to tell her we would like to hire her for our wedding-we didn’t even want to interview any other officiants. We left her house excited to start planning our ceremony and felt like we would be in the right hands. We chose to do her personalized ceremony and although she wasn’t the cheapest reverend we found we like that she gave us an abundance of information to help us while we planned. We met with her again in April to start the planning process. We had already chosen some elements of our ceremony and she helped us figure out the rest. We incorporated a blessing of the hands ceremony, a wine box ceremony, and a special reading. She was so easy to work with and we knew we could contact her throughout the ceremony planning process if we had any questions or concerns. We Facetimed with her two weeks before our ceremony to finalize everything. She had such great comments and suggestions during all of our planning. She was organized and helped our wedding rehearsal run smoothly. The day of our wedding she showed up on time and dressed very professionally. Our wedding ceremony was beautifully put together and multiple guests gave Barbara high praise. After our ceremony, she mailed our marriage license to the Register of Deeds office. We could not recommend Reverend Barbara Lodge enough and are sad that our planning time with her has come to an end. She was so incredible, and we would recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding officiant.

Sent on 07/14/2019
    Rev. Barbara Lodge 10

Rev. Barbara Lodge's reply:

Such kind, kind words, Kayla. Thank you so much. I loved being a part of your wedding and watching you and Cody interacting in your special ways was icing on the cake. The beautiful anniversary box you and Cody made from your grandparents’ old barn wood is sure to become a treasure on so many levels. I hope all the love you place into your letters each year will manifest in your relationship through the years. Hugs to you both!

Carissa Wolford · Married on 05/31/2019

Amazing. Professional. Very caring.

Very professional, quickly responsive, made sure our day was perfect. Coached us through every step!

Sent on 06/02/2019

Rev. Barbara Lodge's reply:

Thank you, Carissa. I loved being a part of your wedding. You and Keith are obviously so in love with each other and you looked STUNNING in your beautiful dress. Thank you for allowing me to help you begin your married life in such a beautiful way.
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 05/25/2019

Awesome experience!

Rev. Barbara Lodge did an outstanding job officiating our wedding ceremony! She is very easy to work with and kept us informed every step towards the aisle! We appreciate the opportunity to work with her and highly recommend her.
    Katie & Robert McDermott
    Raleigh, N.C.

Sent on 05/30/2019

Rev. Barbara Lodge's reply:

Thank you so much, Katie and Robert. It was a real treat to help you launch your married life. You are going to have grand things arriving on your shared horizon. My best to you and your families. And doesn’t your married name look wonderful written out!

Sarah · Married on 05/18/2019

A beautiful, completely personalized ceremony

From our first virtual meeting with Reverend Lodge, we were struck by her sincerity and the genuine pleasure she took in getting to know us and our story. This was in stark contrast to many other potential vendors we talked to during wedding planning, whose enthusiasm was forced and shallow, and inspired us to book her for our wedding immediately after the consultation. We chose her complete personalization package, and it was evident from the final product and all of our interactions with her along the way that she took great care in crafting a meaningful ceremony that incorporated all the elements that were important to us. During our virtual planning meeting (all meetings before the rehearsal were virtual as we live in a different state from where we were married - these were extremely easy to schedule with Rev Lodge, who accommodated us with weekend meeting times), she patiently answered all our questions about how the ceremony would unfold and provided suggestions for how we could most easily incorporate certain cultural elements, such as a Chinese tea ceremony. She was very flexible with scheduling a somewhat last-minute rehearsal session and patient in walking us through the motions, and on the day of the wedding she came dressed in a perfect match with our color scheme and delivered a beautiful ceremony for us despite the heat at our outdoor venue. We will cherish the video we have of our wedding ceremony all the more because of the personal touches she brought to it and the custom elements she helped us to seamlessly incorporate. We would highly recommend her to any couple looking for a personalized ceremony prepared and delivered by someone who genuinely cares about the couples she works with and works hard to capture the essence of their relationship in the ceremonies she writes.

Sent on 07/17/2019

Rev. Barbara Lodge's reply:

Sarah, I am so touched. Thank you. I was just thinking about your and Eric’s wedding the other day and how beautiful all the little touches you included were. Watching you serve tea to your parents brought tears to my eyes at the time and again, recently, when I was speaking of it to my daughter. I know you are going to have an amazing life together. Hugs to you both!
  • Brianna

Brianna Moloney Hooks · Married on 05/05/2019

Rev. Barbara Lodge

Rev. Barbara Lodge is professional, accommodating, and welcoming. When we first met her, we sat down and she asked us different questions like how we met, what kind of ceremony we envisioned, and basically just got to know us. We had another meeting with her a week before our wedding, where we went over the ceremony and got on any last minute details. Her ceremony was written perfectly for us, with the perfect amount of exactly everything we asked for. Rev. Barbara Lodge was absolutely wonderful from start to finish!

Sent on 06/10/2019
    Rev. Barbara Lodge 15
    Rev. Barbara Lodge 16
    Rev. Barbara Lodge 17

Rev. Barbara Lodge's reply:

Thank you for your very kind words, Brianna. I loved being a part of your wedding and, although the rain moved us indoors, it created an extra intimacy for the ceremony. Of course, your and James’ glowing faces added to the beauty of it as well. Hugs to you both and your adorable son! What fun times are ahead for you are your family of love.
  • Kylie

Kylie · Married on 04/13/2019

Rev. Lodge is Amazing!

Barbara was amazing to work with! She crafted a ceremony that was unique to my husband and I. We received so many compliments from our guests about how cute our ceremony was!

Sent on 05/04/2019

Rev. Barbara Lodge's reply:

Thank you so much, Kylie. I loved being a part of your and Matt’s wedding. All that April rain washed away the pollen for you and made everything clean and new. Mother Nature was definitely smiling on you. Have an amazing life together!
  • Emma

Emma Sternlof · Married on 03/30/2019

So warm and wise - the perfect officiant!

I can't recommend Reverend Barbara highly enough! She provided super-helpful resources to help us develop our ceremony, thoughtful "stage direction" for ceremony logistics, and an incredibly warm, gracious, calming presence at our rehearsal and on the big day. In addition to being highly responsive and professional during planning, Barbara brought a remarkable gravity and sense of the sacred to our agnostic-ish service. I am SO happy that we collaborated with her!

Sent on 04/10/2019

Rev. Barbara Lodge's reply:

Such kind words, Emma. Thank you. I am so happy we collaborated on your wedding, too. It always makes a difference when you put your hearts into your ceremony creation. Hugs to you and Mike. You are sure to have a magical life together.
  • Allison

Allison Palmer · Married on 03/23/2019

Organized, personalized, and efficient

Rev. Barbara Lodge was our officiant for our March 2019 wedding and we were so pleased with her process. She was very organized and provided us with resources that helped us plan our ceremony efficiently. The style and message of our ceremony was exactly what we envisioned. We highly recommend her service!

Sent on 04/08/2019

Rev. Barbara Lodge's reply:

Thank you for your very kind words, Allison. It was wonderful to get to play a part in your love story. I hope you and Robert have an amazing life together!

Jessie Fredrickson · Married on 03/09/2019

Barbara Lodge did a fantastic job!

Barbara Lodge was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. I was pushing to have a friend do the ceremony, but my fiance wanted someone more official, and I am so glad we went his route. Barbara is extremely kind, down-to-earth and easy to work with. Her ceremony is thoughtful and well done. We had her come to our rehearsal and she helped us get through all the kinks since we didn't have a wedding planner. She is worth every penny and I am so happy we decided to hire her. You should, too!

Sent on 03/22/2019

Rev. Barbara Lodge's reply:

Thank you so much, Jessie. I loved being a part of your wedding and I am very glad you went along with Andrew’s suggestion, too! Your wedding was very special and I really loved the addition of the bagpipes. But most especially, I loved watching you and Andrew share your vows. Life is sure to hold many wonderful things in store and I hope you guys have a grand life together.

Scott Townsend · Married on 02/16/2019

Wedding officiant.

It was our pleasure to have Reverend Barbara conduct our wedding. She officiated the ceremony with grace and ease. My wife and I were very happy to have her with us on this most important day.

Sent on 02/24/2019

Rev. Barbara Lodge's reply:

Thank you so much, Scott. I loved being a part of your wedding story and that we will always share a wedding anniversary date. My husband and I will toast the two of you every year. Hugs to you and Cindy!

Joann Chea · Married on 11/10/2018

Professional, personal and simply a joy to work with

Rev. Barbara Lodge was amazing. I attempted the task of planning the wedding on my own and hiring a day of coordinator. After a failed attempt with a different wedding officiant I was slightly panicked. I lived out of state and had trouble finding an officiant I thought i could trust. My day of coordinator recommended Rev. Lodge and I could not have been more please. She was truly a professional! Her responses were always timely and she was VERY WELL organized. Rev. Lodge was able to guide me and fiance (now husband) through the process of outlining our ceremony program and even some suggestions on how to pen our ring vows.

When I finally received the program from Rev. Lodge, complete with her homily, I was completely moved to tears. She was able to personalize the message to me and my husband's history and current relationship and it seemed as she had known us for so much longer than just a few short months.

I fully recommend Rev. Lodge - you will not be disappointed. I am thrilled she was able to perform our wedding and could not have asked for more.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Rev. Barbara Lodge's reply:

Thank you so much, Joann. I will always love that I got to be a part of your amazing wedding at Forest Theater, and watching you make your grand entrance down those regal stairs will always be with me. My best always to you and Scott for a perfect life together!
  • Marianne

Marianne Elizabeth Dotson · Married on 11/03/2018

The Best Ever!

I don't even know where to begin. Rev. Barbara Lodge is simply the best. She was so accommodating, not only with simple changes to the ceremony script but also with assisting us to plan from long distance. She is so kind and professional, she becomes like family in not time. We wish we could do it all over again, if just to share this experience with her. You will not be disappointed.

Love,
    The Kellehers
    November 3rd, 2018
    The Angus Barn
    Raleigh, NC

Sent on 11/11/2018

Rev. Barbara Lodge's reply:

Thank you so much, Marianne. You had such a romantic wedding and the photo you used for your profile here says it all. LOVE it! I know you and Brian are going to have an amazing life together and I think you for including me in your wedding. It was an honor.

Jian · Married on 10/27/2018

Highly recommended

Bryan and I are so happy we chose Rev. Lodge as our officiant. She helped us create a beautiful and personalized wedding ceremony. We were able to include special elements of a Filipino wedding. She makes the ceremony unique to the couple. She is very organized and provided a lot of resources for the ceremony. Thank you again, Rev Lodge!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Rev. Barbara Lodge's reply:

I am just now seeing your very kind review, Jian. Thank you. I am very touched. It was wonderful to share in your wedding day with you and I wish you and Bryan all the best Life has to offer.
  • Zach

Zach C · Married on 10/21/2018

Well-Delivered, Calm and Reassuring, Poignant

Rev. Lodge was exactly what we were looking for in our officiant! She took our cares, desires, and concerns in regard to the ceremony and crafted a sweetly pragmatic rite that succinctly captured what we wanted in a wedding ceremony: a celebration of our respect for each other and our desire to grow with each other, with no mentions of religion or patriarchal traditions. Delivery was perfect, and she expertly handled some last minute instructions from our event coordinator.

Sent on 10/24/2018

Rev. Barbara Lodge's reply:

Thank you so much, Zach. I loved being a part of your wedding and thank you for the honor. Have a beautiful life together.
  • Kristin

Kristin Brunn · Married on 10/20/2018

Highly recommend

Rev. Lodge was absolutely wonderful to work with! She came highly recommended by our venue and planners and I could not agree with them more. She wrote a beautiful ceremony that reflected us perfectly and provided us with guidance in choosing the elements that were the best fit for us. Throughout the process and up through the day of, she made us feel comfortable and relaxed (not easy to do considering our personalities). She was also extremely helpful with the marriage license process. We are so happy we chose to work with her and highly recommend her to anyone else looking in the Triangle area! Thank you for such a lovely and special ceremony!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Rev. Barbara Lodge's reply:

Thank you so much, Kristin. I am very touched by your words. I loved getting to know you both and sharing in your wedding joy. And I LOVE the profile pic you’ve used here. It makes my heart smile. Hugs to you both. Have a grand life together.

Megan · Married on 10/20/2018

Barbara was wonderful!

We could not have imagined having anyone else officiate our October 2018 wedding at the Carolina Inn - and highly recommend her to everyone! Working with Barbara was an absolute dream - she took the time to learn so much about us ahead of our wedding, and worked with us to personalize our wedding ceremony every step of the way. She truly designed our ceremony specifically for us, and it was absolutely perfect for us and for our guests. And Barbara was warm, friendly, and a joy to work with every step of the way.

Sent on 01/06/2019

Rev. Barbara Lodge's reply:

Thank you so very much, Megan. I loved being a part of your wedding and helping you and Kyle launch your married life. It was totally my honor. I wish for you all the grand things life is sure to hold in store.
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 10/13/2018

Barbara is the custom ceremony queen!

From our first meeting with Barbara Lodge, we knew our ceremony was in good hands. My fiance and I wanted something "custom" for our wedding, but having been to only a few weddings in our lives, didn't really know where to begin. Barbara was a lifesaver, educating us on the significance of many traditional ceremony elements, and giving us an entire booklet full of ways to break the mold. Her guidance was essential in creating a ceremony that reflected who we are as a couple, complete with a "four elements" tasting our guests thought was so unique! Barbara listed attentively during our meetings to craft a wedding address that felt like we'd known each other for years. You can tell she cares about the quality of her ceremonies, because she genuinely cares about the couples she's marrying. Can't say enough kind words about Barbara. She's an absolute gem.

Sent on 10/19/2018

Rev. Barbara Lodge's reply:

What kind, kind words, Carrie. Thank you so much. I am very touched. Your wedding was so special and there was something magical in the air that evening. Thank you for including me in your wedding. It was an honor to help you begin your married life. Hugs to you and Raymond!
  • Megan

Megan J · Married on 10/07/2018

Wonderful, Friendly, Dependable

Barbara is so great to work with. She really knows what she's doing and met with us to answer all of our questions and walk us through the process before we even signed with her. She is informative, friendly, and punctual. She let us know exactly what we needed and when. The ceremony she performed was perfect to our wants and needs. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Rev. Barbara Lodge's reply:

Thank you, Megan. i loved being a part of your wedding and know you both are going to be very happy in your married life. I happened to see part of your First Look pictures from a distance and got all choked up. The sweetness between you and Hang will stay with me all my life. ❤️

Shannon · Married on 09/08/2018

We absolutely loved Rev. Barbara Lodge. She did an amazing job at holding our hands the whole way through and walking us through every step. She is an absolute amazing writer and created a ceremony that encompassed every aspect of our lives. She is nothing short of perfect. I would recommend her to any couple looking to get married.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Rev. Barbara Lodge's reply:

How kind, Shannon. Thank you. Meeting you and Mike and watching your interactions was wonderful. And being a part of your love story was the icing on the cake. 😊 I hope your Italian honeymoon was every bit as romantic as it sounded. So many grand things lie ahead for you both in your life together and I know you are going to face it all with the unbeatable power of your open smiles and hearts. Congratulations on the start of the next phase of your lives! 💕