Rev. Barbara Lodge - NC Wedding Minister Reviews

275 Rev. Barbara Lodge - NC Wedding Minister Reviews
  • Marianne

Marianne Elizabeth Dotson · Married on 11/03/2018

The Best Ever!

I don't even know where to begin. Rev. Barbara Lodge is simply the best. She was so accommodating, not only with simple changes to the ceremony script but also with assisting us to plan from long distance. She is so kind and professional, she becomes like family in not time. We wish we could do it all over again, if just to share this experience with her. You will not be disappointed.

Love,
    The Kellehers
    November 3rd, 2018
    The Angus Barn
    Raleigh, NC

Jian · Married on 10/27/2018

Highly recommended

Bryan and I are so happy we chose Rev. Lodge as our officiant. She helped us create a beautiful and personalized wedding ceremony. We were able to include special elements of a Filipino wedding. She makes the ceremony unique to the couple. She is very organized and provided a lot of resources for the ceremony. Thank you again, Rev Lodge!

• Zach

Zach C · Married on 10/21/2018

Well-Delivered, Calm and Reassuring, Poignant

Rev. Lodge was exactly what we were looking for in our officiant! She took our cares, desires, and concerns in regard to the ceremony and crafted a sweetly pragmatic rite that succinctly captured what we wanted in a wedding ceremony: a celebration of our respect for each other and our desire to grow with each other, with no mentions of religion or patriarchal traditions. Delivery was perfect, and she expertly handled some last minute instructions from our event coordinator.

• Kristin

Kristin Brunn · Married on 10/20/2018

Highly recommend

Rev. Lodge was absolutely wonderful to work with! She came highly recommended by our venue and planners and I could not agree with them more. She wrote a beautiful ceremony that reflected us perfectly and provided us with guidance in choosing the elements that were the best fit for us. Throughout the process and up through the day of, she made us feel comfortable and relaxed (not easy to do considering our personalities). She was also extremely helpful with the marriage license process. We are so happy we chose to work with her and highly recommend her to anyone else looking in the Triangle area! Thank you for such a lovely and special ceremony!

• Carrie

Carrie · Married on 10/13/2018

Barbara is the custom ceremony queen!

From our first meeting with Barbara Lodge, we knew our ceremony was in good hands. My fiance and I wanted something "custom" for our wedding, but having been to only a few weddings in our lives, didn't really know where to begin. Barbara was a lifesaver, educating us on the significance of many traditional ceremony elements, and giving us an entire booklet full of ways to break the mold. Her guidance was essential in creating a ceremony that reflected who we are as a couple, complete with a "four elements" tasting our guests thought was so unique! Barbara listed attentively during our meetings to craft a wedding address that felt like we'd known each other for years. You can tell she cares about the quality of her ceremonies, because she genuinely cares about the couples she's marrying. Can't say enough kind words about Barbara. She's an absolute gem.

• Megan

Megan J · Married on 10/07/2018

Wonderful, Friendly, Dependable

Barbara is so great to work with. She really knows what she's doing and met with us to answer all of our questions and walk us through the process before we even signed with her. She is informative, friendly, and punctual. She let us know exactly what we needed and when. The ceremony she performed was perfect to our wants and needs. Highly recommend!

Rev. Barbara Lodge - NC Wedding Minister's reply:

Thank you, Megan. i loved being a part of your wedding and know you both are going to be very happy in your married life. I happened to see part of your First Look pictures from a distance and got all choked up. The sweetness between you and Hang will stay with me all my life. ❤️

Shannon · Married on 09/08/2018

We absolutely loved Rev. Barbara Lodge. She did an amazing job at holding our hands the whole way through and walking us through every step. She is an absolute amazing writer and created a ceremony that encompassed every aspect of our lives. She is nothing short of perfect. I would recommend her to any couple looking to get married.

Rev. Barbara Lodge - NC Wedding Minister's reply:

How kind, Shannon. Thank you. Meeting you and Mike and watching your interactions was wonderful. And being a part of your love story was the icing on the cake. 😊 I hope your Italian honeymoon was every bit as romantic as it sounded. So many grand things lie ahead for you both in your life together and I know you are going to face it all with the unbeatable power of your open smiles and hearts. Congratulations on the start of the next phase of your lives! 💕

Katherine · Married on 09/01/2018

Barbara Lodge is wonderful!

Barbara Lodge was recommended to us by our planner (thank you, Sally Oakley!) and we absolutely loved working with her! She has such a warm, welcoming personality but is also very professional and well-organized in terms of how she gathered information from us and helped us through the marriage license request paperwork. She was very accommodating of and nonjudgemental about our desire to have a concise, nondenominational ceremony in which we could exchange fun, lighthearted custom vows. She was so adaptable and has such great experience with all different types of weddings that I know that she would make an amazing choice for couples seeking ANY type of ceremony whatsoever- it was clear to us throughout the planning process that she really just loves hearing about people falling in love and being a part of their special days. We can't recommend her highly enough!

Sayre · Married on 07/21/2018

Reverend Lodge was absolutely amazing. She was so kind to us and our families throughout the whole wedding. She shared so many great tips and information and really went above and beyond. Plus, she treated us like old friends even though we just met! Thank you Reverend Lodge!

Rev. Barbara Lodge - NC Wedding Minister's reply:

You are most welcome, Sayre. Thank you for choosing me for your wedding minister. Your wedding was incredibly sweet and seeing your beaming faces that day was confirmation of how your married life together is going to be. May you have as bright a future as the looks on your faces foretold! 💞

Maggie · Married on 05/25/2018

If you want a beautiful, sweet, and personalized ceremony, you have found your officiant! Barbara is the absolute best. From the second we met her we felt so comfortable and taken care of. The ceremony is such an important part and Barbara will tailor it to your needs and wants. We had so much fun meeting with her and designing our ceremony and she really took the time to get to know us and help us make our day special. She is a wonderful listener, has great input and suggestions and will make planning the ceremony an absolute breeze. She truly cares about her couples, their stories and puts so much time and effort into creating a perfect ceremony around that. Even though we knew it would be wonderful, Barbara still went above and beyond our expectations. All of our guests couldn't stop complimenting just how great she was! We adore her and are so thankful and blessed she was a part of our day.

Rev. Barbara Lodge - NC Wedding Minister's reply:

What kind words, Maggie. Thank you. I loved being a part of your wedding and helping you create a ceremony that fit you perfectly. Hugs and thanks to you and Seth for choosing me for your wedding minister. I adore you right back and know your marriage will have many wonderful gifts in store. 💛

Mo · Married on 01/26/2018

Rev. Barbara Lodge is a thoughtful and sweet lady:) Thanks a lot for her arrangement. My wife is still in the school of another state. The schedule is tight and not so flexible. Rev. Barbara helped us arrange the schedule very well. She is like a sweet mama and take care of things smoothly since we met her on the marriage day. We really appreciate her help and highly recommend her to the couples who plan to have marriage in RTP area.

Rev. Barbara Lodge - NC Wedding Minister's reply:

Thank you, Mo. Helping you and Di begin your married life, with your friends watching, was very special for me. I will always remember your smiles and the sincerity in your eyes. As a long-distance Mama, I send you both my love and thoughts for a bright, bright future. 🌸

Taylor · Married on 11/11/2017

Hiring Reverend Barbara Lodge was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! She completely customized our ceremony and made it very special for us. We did not want a generic ceremony and she spent a lot of time going over our options and readings with us to make it fit perfectly with our expectations. We are over the moon with how it turned out! Barbara is very kind and sincere, her calmness and direction helped me get through my vows and the ceremony itself. I couldn't imagine having anyone else! Thank you for everything!

Rev. Barbara Lodge - NC Wedding Minister 1

Rev. Barbara Lodge - NC Wedding Minister's reply:

Thank you for your very kind words, Taylor. It was really special to get to know you and Jason and to be a part of your wedding. I LOVE this photo of your wedding kiss - it makes my heart smile. 💟 May you and Jason have the most incredible life together. Please do stay in touch every now and then and let me know how you are doing.

Lennon · Married on 11/11/2017

Rev. Barbara Lodge was the perfect person to officiate our wedding. We were nervous about selecting someone with whom we had no previous relationship, but her warm demeanor alleviated those concerns immediately. Barbara is so kind and calm and will work with you to make sure the ceremony is exactly how you envisioned it. Our wedding party could not believe that we had not known Barbara for years with her level of customization and detail for our service. I would highly recommend using her as your officiant in the Triangle area!

Rev. Barbara Lodge - NC Wedding Minister's reply:

Thank you, Lennon. How very nice of you. I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of your beautiful wedding and hope you and Travis are loving married life. Wish I had known when you wrote this kind review that I could have responded to you and thank you then! (((Hugs))) to you both. ❤️
  • BohoRN2017

Ivy · Married on 11/04/2017

We cannot commend Rev. Barbara Lodge highly enough. As it turns out, planning a wedding is quite an involved task, and Rev. Lodge was an expert at guiding us through every wend and wind of the ceremony.

Early on she provided us with a good portfolio of resources to learn about a lot of ceremony options, and from there helped us to craft the ceremony.

Things important to the bride that she was able to accommodate included an Lutheran Vows, Irish handfasting ceremony, and the same Irish blessing that the bride's parents used. She was even able to change some things at the last minute when we said we wanted to change the tone a little, and she did it quickly and expertly.

In terms of the ceremony itself Rev. Lodge is a consummate professional. Our wedding venue was Duke Chapel, and she was more than equal to the task of what I can only imagine must be a daunting venue. Her pacing was great, and her diction was clear and carried well for everyone to hear. Her use of subtle cues also helped to calm our nerves, too.

We received several compliments on our ceremony and how personal it was. In fact the father of the bride received a few phone calls the week after about how nice of an officiant Rev. Lodge was.

Rev. Barbara Lodge - NC Wedding Minister's reply:

What a very nice review, Ivy. Thank you. Wish I had known when you wrote it that I could have responded to you then! I loved being a part of your wedding at Duke Chapel and how absolutely beautiful everything was. It must have been magical for you and Matthew. Please give my regards to your families and giant hugs to yourselves. I hope you and Matthew have a grand life together. And thank you again for your very kind review. 💜

Sylvetrice · Married on 10/21/2017

Mrs. Lodge was a pleasure to work with! When we first met she treated us with a smile and welcomed us into her home as if we met before. She has a great heart and when we talked she fully listened to our story and for wife and I to be accepted for who we are was important! After our ceremony our guest spoke of how great she did! Absolutely love her!

Sarah · Married on 09/30/2017

Words cannot adequately describe how amazing Barbara is! She came recommended from our venue owner and I'm truly thankful she was available for our wedding. She is incredibly easy to work with and wrote us the most beautiful ceremony. She offers a bunch of options for your ceremony, but we went with the fully customized option. She is easy to get in touch with and very prompt with email responses. She takes the time to get to know you and who you are as a couple. Barbara has a true gift with words and we now have a ceremony we will cherish for the rest of our lives!

• Z

Zinter · Married on 09/23/2017

Rev Barbara Lodge was a dream to work with. She will make whatever ceremony the couple desires. During the rehearsal she had so many tips for how to remember the stages of the ceremony, we ended up needing all of her cues because we were an emotional mess the day of. She is really wonderful. I would recommend her to anyone.

Jonas · Married on 09/16/2017

Reverend Lodge is one of the sweetest people we have ever met. She will be there for you during every step of the marriage process. Before we even signed a contract, Rev. Lodge sat down with us and patiently explained how everything worked. She was easy to reach all the way up to the wedding. In the ceremony she helped us keep it together (lots of happy waterworks). Reverend Barbara Lodge has our highest recommendation!

Kendra · Married on 09/09/2017

We found Barbara on Wedding Wire and after meeting with her once, we knew she would be the perfect officiant for our wedding. She was so warm and easy to talk to that we knew she would do an amazing job. We met with her face-to-face twice and she put together a ceremony that was exactly what we wanted and very personal to us. She even had some great ideas to incorporate my grandma (who was unable to be there and was watching via live stream) in a fun and meaningful way. We can't thank her enough and would highly recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant!

Emily · Married on 09/08/2017

Barbara was awesome!! She put everything together perfectly for our ceremony and I didn't have to worry about a thing. She helped us incorporate our children in a very special day and we were so impressed by how personable she made everything! I would definitely recommend her! :)

Adriana · Married on 09/07/2017

We found Barbara through Wedding Wire and are so pleased she was able to officiate our ceremony! We met with her at her house and she was so warm and welcoming. She was extremely responsive to all of our questions, both in person and through email. She was Very organized and strategic with how she went about the ceremony, but also personal. Her ample experience allowed her to guide us through the various decisions required to create the wedding ceremony, and she made many much appreciated suggestionshat we never would have thought of without her. The ceremony she wrote for us was so touching, and she was certainly a calming presence on our wedding day. Loved the entire experience!

Martha · Married on 08/12/2017

Barbara was amazing! She helped us every step of the way. She allows you to plan your perfect wedding ceremony. If you are creative, you can write your on vowels and wedding. If you are like me however, she gives you plenty of material to choose from. She gave us wonderful ideas to include our combined families as well. She is kind and compassionate, and it shows through in her ceremony!

Stacey · Married on 08/11/2017

Barbara was great! This was a 2nd wedding for both of us, and she helped us figure out how to incorporate our children and make it a truly wonderful and intimate ceremony. She worked with us to personalize the ceremony so it really reflected US. She is also incredibly responsive via e-mail. Highly recommend her!

Beth · Married on 07/01/2017

Such a wonderful officiant! From the second we met Barbara it felt like we had known her for years! She genuinely was interested in every detail of our ceremony and put into words what I never would have been able to express! Our wedding day was perfect!