Renelyn Thomas/Makeup by Ren Ren Reviews

Renelyn Thomas/Makeup by Ren Ren 3
Renelyn Thomas/Makeup by Ren Ren 4
  • Jessey

Jessey · Married on 05/19/2018

I was late the game in finding a make up artist and I could not be happier that I was fortunate enough to book with Ren! First off, I am pretty Caucasian and getting married through a Hindu Ceremony - so I really needed someone who understood the dramatic necessities for the events as well as how to work with my less than tan skin tones. In the end, I loved the day and evening look Ren created so much during our trial session that I also had her do my make up for the Friday Night meet and greet event. She has the ability to tone down or totally go blitz with the looks she creates. She's open minded, creative, and takes everything from your style, skin type, preferences, venue, outfits, etc. into consideration. I could go on an on about the quality - but just look at the pics! On top of all of that - she was SO WONDERFUL to work with as a person! Being a bride can be pretty stressful but she was so calm and cool and honestly, really helped me to stay calm and in the moment. It almost felt as if she were a part of the bridal party! She did make up for my aunt as well as 7 of my closest girlfriends - some who are VERY particular about their make up - and they all LOVED the looks she and her team created. I'm not looking to ever have bridal make up again, haha, but I'm definitely looking forward to the next event I have the excuse to ring up Ren for some more incredible work!
    Thank you, Ren! You're a true gem!

Renelyn Thomas/Makeup by Ren Ren 5
    Renelyn Thomas/Makeup by Ren Ren 6
    Renelyn Thomas/Makeup by Ren Ren 7
    Renelyn Thomas/Makeup by Ren Ren 8
    Sent on 05/28/2018

Shannon · Married on 06/04/2016

Definitely book with Ren! She's experienced and very professional. She did my engagement shoot and wedding day make up, as well as my bridesmaid's make-up. She helped everyone look naturally beautiful, and styled our make-up to our preferences. She's an amazing professional make-up artist!!!

meghna · Married on 11/28/2014

Ren did an amazing job for my engagement shoot! my pictures came out amazing. I would highly recommend her for your big day! She is does an amazing job hands down, she is able to achieve any look you want. Ren is also very professional and friendly.

Mina · Married on 03/14/2009

I have loved working with Ren both during my wedding an on separate occasions when she was hired through my referral or for private events where I needed her makeup expertise!

What initially attracted me to Ren was her incredible blog! This woman is truly a makeup guru and she has archives full of reviews, techniques and tutorials backing that up on her website. Her writings, teachings and videos are a testament to her knowledge and training.

Another thing that attracted me to Ren was her ability to do dramatic makeup for Southeast Asian Brides! I know she does a fantastic job on natural looks, but frequently for big and colorful Indian/Pakistani events, the bride's look needs to be equally as dramatic. She hits the nail on the head with beautiful eye makeup blends and dewy, glowy skin.

Ren is absolutely professional, always responds timely and is never late. She is a dependable and reliable vendor. And I have watched her handle so many different personalities with grace and professionalism. She can also transition with different makeup styles, from younger girls asking for long and sexy lash strips to Mother's of the Bride asking for natural, barely-there looks. She can do it all (including airbrush makeup)!

The only thing I will add about Ren is that is she more expensive than other makeup artists I have used. However, she is absolutely worth it and delivers more than what you pay for! If it is your wedding or a particularly special event, it is worth it paying for a Vendor who is top notch in every way.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions!

Lauren · Married on 05/06/2017

Ren was wonderful to work with from start to finish. She did a great job executing the look I wanted for my wedding day without it being too heavy since I don't normally wear a ton of makeup. My whole wedding party loved their makeup as well. I did pay more than I was expecting for makeup, but I think the photos will reflect what a wonderful job she did! Thank you so much for helping everyone in my bridal party look their best for my wedding!

Sent on 05/09/2017