Renees Bridal Reviews

43 | Pensacola, FL

43 Reviews for Renees Bridal

Leslie · Married on 05/12/2007

Renee and her staff were amazing! I got my dress and my bridesmaid dresses from here, and they were so nice and helpful. Alterations were perfect. Very very highly recommended.

Sent on 03/19/2008

Angela · Married on 08/15/2015

I have been shopping with Renee for nearly 11 years. She has assisted me personally in finding countless ball gowns for dozens of events over the years as well as several prom dresses from our two daughters. Renee has treated me as family and actually worked with me on our biggest event ever in 2015 - our oldest daughter's wedding. Renee found the perfect dress for our daughter, bridesmaid dresses that everyone loved and the most perfect mother of the bride dress for myself. The attention to detail, the advice, knowledge and expertise shared with us was priceless. I never hesitate in referring my friends to Renee and I will continue to shop there for my needs as they are always met perfectly.

Sent on 02/21/2017

Wonderful experience at Renees! Went in to the shop (without an appointment) in August and received wonderful service from Renee and Bliss. The wedding is in October so I had some worries as to time constraints. Gave Bliss an idea of what I was looking for and she pulled the perfect dress for me.... Not only was the dress in within the promised time ( just a few weeks) but they also scheduled my first fitting immediately. I am going for my second fitting tomorrow and could not be happier with their service. Thank you Renee and Bliss!

Sent on 09/12/2013
  • Kirra

Kirra · Married on 12/01/2012

I just ordered my gown and chose my bridesmaid dresses. Renee and her staff were more than helpful with everything! I have been purchasing dresses from renee's since I was 16 and I have never received less than excellent service. She was very upfront about how long it generally takes for a gown to arrive in store once ordered and that is one of the reason's that I chose to shop now for my December wedding. I am also expecting a baby in June and she was very helpful in choosing a size that will fit me then. I tried another bridal shop first thinking that I would receive a bargain, but I was wrong and really disappointed with the lack of knowledge of the staff and the quality of the gowns. In the end, I new better and I would not dream of buying from anyone else. Renee knows her stuff and she knew exactly what I was looking for and felt comfortable in (in both price and style). She and her staff are wonderful.

Sent on 01/04/2012

Denise · Married on 05/16/2009

Kalesha was awesome!! She was helpful and supprotive and really listened to what my needs were. Renee even made a couple of last minute changes for me that helped make my wedding day everything I imagined it would be. Everyone was friendly and professional. They had a good selection of dresses and most were very reasonably priced. I drove an hour and a half to shop there and it was well worth it.

Sent on 06/25/2009

Laurie · Married on 03/29/2008

3.5

Nice staff. Be sure to make an appointment before you go, otherwise the staff isn't very accommodating. They are very unorganized with their paperwork and I often had to bring my receipts to "prove" what I had bought. Although the dress took almost 10 months to come in, it was absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 01/16/2009

3.8
      3.5

Went to 4 bridal shops, tried on probably 24 dresses until I found the one. Sounds stressful, but it really wasn't when I found the dress that I LOVED (and wasn't "settling for"). In my initial research of wedding dresses, I was a firm believer on not purchasing a dress from a place that would not let you take pictures. I'm active duty military and my mom is very far from me, so pictures were vital for her approval. However, after trying on almost 10 dresses (thankfully my mom was able to fly down that weekend), Sara got to know my personality and suggested a different dress from the group...which I FELL IN LOVE WITH. SO much to the point that I was able to bear the rest of the service from this shop. Sara was definitely exceptional in understanding different styles and tastes. Renee (the owner) was definitely overbearing, pushy and pressuring. My dress didn't arrive until almost a month before the wedding, though I bought it 7 months out. Not sure if this is normal...but one of my bridesmaids works at davids bridal and said it wasn't. However, my dress did have a lot intricate detail. The dress was well within my budget because it was an older style dress, so that was definitely a sign from God that the dress was for me.

When I went to my first fitting with a friend, Renee slapped my friend's hand for not "zippering it correctly". Once I paid for alterations, I felt like I was no longer a customer to Renee. I came to pick up my dress and she was with another customer. Hardly said a word to me, let alone ensure that I was happy with the final product. I had to bear the burden of the poor customer service for such a beautiful and affordable dress.

Sent on 07/02/2013

3.6
      3.5

First dress Renee brought out, it was the one. I described what I wanted and she picked out a dress that was almost exact.

Sent on 12/20/2012

3.2
      3.5

This was the first place I looked for my dress. Everyone was very nice but did not bring me any dress in the style I asked for and they were rather pushy.

Sent on 02/23/2014

Ashley · Married on 04/07/2017

2.6
      2.5
      2.0

Renee was very friendly to start- I was so excited and felt so special! But, during my appointment, she was pushing me to like what she thought I should like. Her gowns are beautiful, but it was very uncomfortable. I struggled to choose- not having a set price on any of the gowns and having to stick to a budget. There was so much pressure to hurry and decide and very uncomfortable to be around how she treated her assistant that was working very hard.

Sent on 07/13/2017
  • User4208623 · 2+ years ago

2.4
      1.0

Short version: Renee was not straightforward with me and I could've gotten the same dress for less at Simply Elegant in Fort Walton. Her alteration quote was also very expensive: she said it would be at least $450. I found a cheaper tailor in Niceville through Anna's Bridal. However, overall it was a pleasant experience and I have a beautiful dress.

Longer version: Renee told me that she could tell me the designer of her dresses because they were all "private designers." The tags were cut out (which I think is actually illegal) and she would not let me take pictures. I bought a lace beaded dress for 1,500 from her. I went to Simply Elegant and told it was a Maggie Sotero (a very common designer) and that I could have gotten it a few hundred dollars cheaper there. I did try the dress on and it was the exact same one. Renee also mentioned that she does not do discounts.

My experience in the store was fine; the girls who work for her were very pleasant. Renee did a good job of pulling dresses that fit my preferences but she was a little pushy (for example not letting me face time family members until the end and making me try on dresses I didn't like).

She told me the dress would arrive early to mid- August with the rush but it didn't arrive until the first week of September (three weeks before the wedding). I could the shop five or six times to check on the status of the dress but didn't hear back until I let them know that I was frustrated. She told me that she left a voicemail but I had no missed calls or voicemails.

The dress was beautiful and Renee was very kind when I picked the dress up. Another owner of a bridal shop told me her alteration prices were too much ($30 per bustle, $225 for a lace hem, etc.). It was going to be about $450 for alterations on a dress that only needed taken in a little at the top, a few bustles, and few inches on the hem. I would do your homework before you buy from her.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Renees Bridal's reply:

It broke my heart to read your review. I have been nothing but straightforward with you. Here at Renee's we try our best to be upfront with you and hide nothing. I want to make it perfectly clear that your dress is NOT a Maggie Sottero. I do not carry Maggie Sottero dresses and you can find the proof you need by looking on their web site under store locator.http://www.maggiesottero.com/stores.aspx

You will see I am not a Maggie dealer and have no way of getting Maggie dresses. I have no idea why and I am highly upset that the store told you it was a Maggie. I am asking you to please take your review down simply because it is untrue. You said it best in your review Maggie Sottero was a very common designer. Rachel I see nothing common about your dress. I carry only the best of the best in private Labels. All of the dresses I carry have a couture finish. Many dresses look-a-like but when put side by side you can see the difference and then can see why one cost more than the other. Again I want to be clear that your dress is Not A Maggie Sottero. I have called you and left a message on your cell phone. I would be happy to speak to you about this matter.

1.8
      2.5
      1.0

My dress was still way too long after paying way too much for alterations. I would have asked Renee to fix it, but she already told my maid of honor that I was a bridezilla and I didn't want to bother her. I tripped on my dress the entire way down the isle. They also messed up my bridesmaids dress. They ordered a size 16 for someone who wore a 10 in another wedding a month earlier. Renee was very judgmental. I wouldn't go back!

Sent on 05/07/2013

Ashley · Married on 08/22/2015

1.0

Absolute worst experience! After ordering the first dress I picked out, Renee called me a week after it was supposed to be in to tell me the fabric was on back order. So I went in to find another dress, which I found the perfect one, but then the seamstress altered the dress after asking her not to till I was in the dress with my shoes on. The dress ended up being to short. Then Renee tried to tell me I couldn't have the dress because I asked her to take it off, very nicely I might add, I was told that she couldn't work with someone who didn't have confidence in her. She never even tried to convince me otherwise. After my mother took 20 minutes to convince Renee to let me have the dress after everything that happen, she was able to add a whole new panel and start the him over. And then!! I was supposed to pick my dress up 5 days before my wedding (monday) and I needed up getting busy with everything else. So I called her 4 times and left 3 voicemails! Not once did she call me back. I go in the next day and she says "oh I was expecting you guys yesterday" I replied " well I tried to call and left 3 voicemails and never heard back...." Her reply was "oh I had seen the I had a few messages but I didn't get the feeling that it was important so I didn't even listen to them." I took my dress and left. She is the most unprofessional business owner I've ever met in my life! She even admitted that she has a hard time keeping employees because she's very strict. I will never go back there again! Nor should anyone else!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Ashley · Married on 05/06/2017

0.8
      0.5

Completely boggled that this women is still in business!Renee is the most disrespectful, unprofessional, unethical, rude, (I can't find enough negative adjectives)business owner I have EVER encountered. My first mistake was not reading the reviews prior,read them there are SEVERAL that are stating the same things I am writing.This can not be a coincidence! To start, she was very friendly on our first visit (her way of getting you to sign her contract) She spoke so highly of herself and stated several times that she PERSONALLY makes these dresses,SHE/HERSELF has a hand in the MAKING of ALL her dresses, I tell you this because of what happened later.After leaving her shop the day I signed the contact(January) she said she would be in contact and was excited about the dress, etc._5-6-17-wedding day_Approx. April 12th, I contacted the store,I heard NOTHING from there since Jan, to check on the status of my dress. (FYI-farthest away from bridezilla) First, no one answered, then I called Renee's cellphone-no answer. I left messages and no return call. I called back 2days later and an assistant answered-informed me that the dress was not in yet, they did not know when it would be in,Renee was not in the office but they would call me back when they researched things?!About 20 days before my wedding.Never got a call back!!-Few days later when i got in contact with Renee-Long story short, she informed me she does not know why they said they'd call me back because they don't call clients back-OK?! She informed me the dress wasn't in but she'd check on the status,she would be out of town for 6 weeks-which means-she would not be making my dress, as the dress was not here 20 days before the wedding and she was out of town for 6 weeks.So,that was a lie!-When I questioned her, she told me that her personal life was none of my business.As a client, if you claim to make your dresses and I'm paying more for that service then yes, it is my business (my opinion) Ran out of room to write

Sent on 05/31/2017

Taylor · Married on 10/13/2018

0.6
      0.5

Steals your money, lies, and is never on time. Don't buy from this poor business woman.

Sent on 06/24/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

0.4
      0.5

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME TO THIS LADY!
    Bought a dress feb.'17, when it was time to pick it up 2 weeks prior to wedding she was MIA, and stored closed for 3 days I waited for her to return my call! By then I was in panic mode still needing time for alterations, so I had to purchase another dress!! When she finally returned my call she said "oh sorry, um, ya, I'll be back in the store early next week."
    So now I'm waiting on my money back, we shall see!?!? AWFUL AWFUL BUSINESS !!!

Sent on 10/02/2017

0.4
      0.5

Worst experience ever! I went in to look for a dress for my wedding. I tried on a few dresses, and found one that I liked. I was told I couldn't take any photos to send to the people that were out of town and couldn't be there with me, like my mom. After realizing how important it was for me to have my mom and sisters opinions, she finally allowed me to send a photo to only my mom. She gave me a deal on the dress, but only if I bought it that day. She would not give me a day to think about it. I felt pressured into purchasing the dress. It was not the experience I thought I would have when finding my dream dress for my wedding day. I was told that she is the dress designer, but then later found out that she orders these dresses from overseas from some company. My dress did not come in when she said it was going to come in. If I would have known that it would be coming in so close to my wedding date, I would have purchased the dress from another shop that could provide a sooner date. She was very rude and full with attitude when speaking to her about any issues. I would not recommend anyone to purchase from this business.

Sent on 01/28/2014

0.0

I do not recommend that anyone shop at Rene's. I ordered my Mother of the Bride Dress a good six months before the wedding and was told it only took six to eight weeks for delivery. The dress took over four months to come in, and they ordered the wrong color and the wrong size. They supposedly re-ordered rush, with the promise that it would be in before the wedding. Not so. The promised delivery date I went in, and no it wasn't in, but they promised they talked to the factory and they were overnighting it to be in in four days. On that promised delivery date they informed me that no they canceled the over-night as it cost them too much, and it might be in the day before the wedding. Not good customer service. The lady is very rude, and laughed at the fact that I have no dress for the wedding. The error was theirs and not mine. If I had any idea that they would not get the dress in the first time, I would have went elsewhere to find a dress, but I trusted their integrity. Shame on me. I won't ever again, and I hope other people read this and don't shop there either.

Sent on 03/04/2014