Renee Austin Wedding Reviews

Renee Austin Wedding 3
Renee Austin Wedding 4
Renee Austin Wedding 5

Megan · Married on 08/27/2016

I would tell anyone and everyone to go to Renee Austin to find their wedding dress! I was overwhelmed by the idea of finding a dress, had a limited budget, and was going shopping with a group of women that included difficult family tensions. Immediately upon arriving, Janna made me feel excited about the experience of finding a dress, told me to let her deal with the group dynamics, and never made me feel like my budget was unrealistic. She genuinely cared! I am so grateful for the relationship Renee Austin cultivated with their brides - it is not just another sale for them.

Sent on 08/25/2016

I had a great experience at Renee Austin! I enjoyed my time trying on dresses and even bought my dress off the sample sale rack - the dress was in perfect condition. Nothing but positive things to say!

Lisa · Married on 08/20/2016

This was my first time shopping for a wedding dress and I didn't know what to expect, so I was a little nervous waking in. My group was a little large and my budget was a little low so I was worried that a fancy dress store would be annoyed with that. But the second we walked in, we were welcomed and made to feel comfortable. Jana was our girl, and she could not have been more perfect. When I told her to budget and general info about my wedding/style, she started pulling beautiful dresses right away and encouraged all of my dress shopping companions to do the same. It was so fun and easy trying them on and, although she made sure that each one was perfects and pinned just right, I never felt any pressure or push from her to buy or like anything. She even seemed to be having as much fun as we were! At the end, I was stuck between three dresses and I really wanted a night to sleep on it. Plus I also had another appointment elsewhere (ended up not being nearly as easy and wonderful). This was Saturday and they weren't open on Sunday, but I had to drive back to Chicago Sunday afternoon. Without a second thought, Jana offered to come in on Sunday so I could think it over and make sure I'm getting the perfect dress. I'm so happy I found and went to Renee Austin first. It was all I needed for a perfect dress and a perfect shopping experience. Thank you Jana!!

Sent on 08/09/2015

So here is my story. I took my mom, sister and soon to be mother-in-law all over Grand Rapids dress shopping. Like most brides I likes a little bit of this dress and a little bit of that dress, but nothing that really had me excited. I liked a few a lot, but nothing I was in love with. I had a budget of $1,000 and was willing to go over if I found THE dress. In almost all the stores I was sent to look at all the dresses and tag the ones I wanted to try on, good, I wanted to look at all my options. But it started to get to the point that the only ones I even kind of liked were around the $1,700 area. Ended up finding one that I was in love with, but it was $2,200! I became very frustrated and felt bad that I drug everyone out for an entire day to end up with nothing. I looked up more bridal shops and found Renee Austin! It was right down the road from my work so I made an appointment to go there after work one day. I didn't want to drag anyone out, I thought I would go check it out first and even see if I liked anything there. When I got there I was the only bride there. Their back room in big and open and it was just me and the sales associate (I feel so bad I forgot her name because she was amazing!!!) I told her my whole story, all the gowns I like don't feel comfortable buying. I liked some but they weren't really the style I was going for. I told her about my venue and what I liked and didn't like about the other dresses. She said that she wasn't going to let me walk around and look because then I would fall in love with something that was out of my price range. I was SO relieved! The first dress she had me put on was PERFECT! EXACTLY what I was looking for! I honestly couldn't believe that she literally pulled the dress that was in my head that nobody else could figure out! She listened and delivered! and UNDER my budget! All the ladies were so nice and I am just IN LOVE with my beautiful gown! LOVE THEM!

Sent on 05/25/2016

Christine · Married on 08/13/2016

I am a 63 year old bride, and I found the perfect dress at Renee Austin. Alicia was so kind and friendly and helpful, she guided me to the perfect dress for me. I ended up getting a Mother of The Bride dress. I was able to order it in my size in the color I wanted. I would highly recommend this store for not only brides, but the entire wedding party, or even a fancy evening dress.

Sent on 05/18/2016

Shaleigh · Married on 08/13/2016

I went into Renee Austin nervous because I had a tight budget and tight schedule. However, they made sure that they only showed me dresses I could get in on time, and that would be within my budget, so that I wouldn't fall in love with a dress I couldn't have. They made sure I was well taken care of, and weren't pushy in any way (even saying that I could go get coffee, make a decision, and come back). I ended up buying the dress off of the rack that she had recommended, as well as a belt and veil. Overall I was really impressed with everything and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a dress in the Grand Rapids area!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Kelly · Married on 08/13/2016

I had an fantastic experience at Renee Austin. With only a 4 month engagement, they were able to get me in for an appointment the same week I got engaged, and had a wide variety of dresses to choose from. They allowed me to try on dresses that they knew would come in time for my wedding. Despite having to rush order the dress, there were still so many beautiful options in my price range. This was the first place I had looked for dresses so I didn't buy one on my first visit. I ended up coming back to the store later that day after shopping around, and I couldn't wait to come back. The quality of the dresses at the other store I visited were not nearly as good, and I was sharing an appointment time with 3 other brides. My experience at Renee Austin was MUCH better. I returned to the store the same day and found the perfect dress for me :) The stylist took the time to listen to my priorities and attempted to get to know me to find the best fit possible. They were very professional and gave me over an hour of 1:1 assistance. I would highly recommend this shop to anyone!

Sent on 05/19/2016

erica · Married on 08/06/2016

Amazing service, asked great questions to help me make the best possible choice, warm and friendly staff.

Sent on 10/19/2015

They were great with helping me find my dream dress. They were super friendly and enjoyable. They all are great with customers and really made it a great experience for everything there.

Sent on 05/19/2016

Anne · Married on 07/16/2016

I fell in love with a discontinued wedding gown I found at a small boutique in my hometown - but it was too small for me :( I contacted every bridal store in MI and OH that carried the designer, hoping to find someone who still had the gown in stock. Renee Austin did not have that particular gown, but contacted the designer and discovered they had only 3 of that gown left - and one was my size! They were able to special order the gown for me and even sold it at half price because it was discontinued. It was the dress of my dreams and both fit and looked amazing on our big day. Renee Austin is a for sure planned stop as we search for the dress for my sister's upcoming nuptials.

Sent on 12/09/2016
  • I

Sarah · Married on 06/17/2016

Everyone at Renee Austin was extremely helpful and accomadating. They helped me find an amazing dress and really went above and beyond after I had the dress. I would absolutely recommend checking them out for wedding dresses...customer service was top notch, the dresses were beautiful and the setting is fantastic for searching for the right dress!!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Natalie · Married on 05/28/2016

My experience with Renee Austin was any brides dream come true. Maggie's dress collection was not overwhelming like all the other stores and I did not feel pressured to buy something that was not within my budget. The bridal room in the back was very neat, clean and made looking at dresses fun! Jana was amazing. I told her the look I was going for and she exceeded to please me dress by dress. If it needed to be clipped at all, she put a clip on right away and had a matching veil already on my head so I was able to walk up to the mirror and see what it would really look like if I were walking down the isle. You will not get this kind of attention to detail anywhere else. I was able to find and walk out with my new purchased wedding dress after one hour. Every dress I tried on I absolutely loved. I will defiantly be back with my bridesmaids to get their dresses at Renee Austin. Highly recommend to every bride!!!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Candy · Married on 05/21/2016

I loved my experience at Renee Austin. I had gone to other bridal stores, but the minute I started my appointment here I knew this was the store that would have my dress. The staff was wonderful and made you feel good about yourself; there was also a nice selection of different dresses to try on. I came back for a second appointment to choose between two dresses and they were able to accommodate my work schedule. Wish I could go back and have this experience here all over again!

Sent on 10/12/2015

These ladies did the PERFECT job measuring me so that I needed no alterations except a hem and bustle! Really treated you well, made you feel like a princess, very attentive!

Sent on 04/28/2016

I had lots of fun shopping for my wedding dress with Renee Austin Wedding the staff were very nice and really helpful!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Megan · Married on 05/14/2016

I went to Renee Austin Bridal Salon yesterday morning just on a last minute whim to look at dresses. I brought my maid and matron of honor with me and we were lucky to have Jana help us! From the moment we arrived, to the second we left today, she was nothing less then helpful. I had an idea in mind of what I wanted to look like, but Jana was extremely patient with me while I tried on dress after dress. Four favorites turned into two and then I found the one! I wanted to sleep on it, so Jana scheduled me an appointment for this morning. When I went back, she let me stay in the dress as long as I wanted and then we started looking at bridesmaids dresses! I can't wait to go back with my maids and my mom to get the rest of our dresses!!

Sent on 08/28/2015

Very friendly and attentive staff! This was the first and only shop I visited when looking for my wedding dress. My appointment was with Jana who really took the time to listen to what I was looking for and helped me find my dream dress and even my bridesmaid dresses! I would absolutely recommend Renee Austin!!

Sent on 10/08/2015

Laura · Married on 05/14/2016

I found my wedding dress and my bridesmaids' dresses at Renee Austin. Emily helped us during both appointments. She did an awesome job picking up on my style right away, and she pulled dresses that were both in my price range and absolutely what I was looking for. My bridesmaids all found dresses that they felt good in and that I loved, and I ended up falling in love with the first wedding dress I tried on. I was worried about feeling overwhelmed by the dress shopping process, but Emily was so helpful in finding dresses and accessories that were absolutely beautiful and that I never would have imagined myself picking out on my own. I can't wait for my dress to come in!

Corine · Married on 11/28/2015

Renee Austin bridal and the staff were wonderful in helping me pick out my perfect dress for my big day! They also had flexible hours to accommodate my work schedule as well! Highly recommended group of people!

Sent on 10/08/2015

Megan · Married on 11/07/2015

I drove from Chicago just to look at what Renee Austin Wedding had in stock for my wedding dress. The 4th dress I tried on was THE DRESS. I actually canceled the rest of the appointments I had scheduled with other Grand Rapids Venue's. Erin was the BEST. She was so helpful!!! When I went back to pickup my dress 5 months later, I actually purchased the perfect veil to go with my dress. I would HIGHLY recommend going to Renee Austin. Everyone is super nice, friendly, and helpful.

Sent on 11/30/2015

Katie · Married on 10/17/2015

Renee Austin had the perfect dress for me. I worked with Erin whom is very personable and knowledgeable. Erin listened to exactly what I wanted and found the dress for me. After choosing my dress I received a thank you card in the mail from Erin personally. This was a very nice and professional touch that I appreciated. They gave me a great suggestion on who to use for alterations as well.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Jess · Married on 10/02/2015

The ladies writing here were AMAZING!! So friendly and helpful and more than willing to work within your budget. Such a great experience finding my dress!!!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Erika · Married on 08/29/2015

After going to another bridal store in Michigan in the morning and feeling completely ignored by my consultant there, I came to my appointment at Renee Austin feeling a little down. Everything turned around after I started talking with my consultant, Jana. She was WONDERFUL. I cannot say enough great things about the whole experience I had trying on and buying a wedding gown with Jana as my consultant. She made me feel special by taking the time to get to know me and genuinely listened to what I was looking for in a wedding dress.

Renee Austin has a great staff, but also a great selection of wedding dresses that fit all types of styles. The prices are reasonable too as I was not looking to spend over $2,000 on my wedding dress. I bought my dress that day from Renee Austin and wouldn't change a thing if I could do it all over again.

I would highly recommend that any bride-to-be make an appointment at Renee Austin to try and find their perfect wedding gown! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/09/2015

I worked with Emily and Erin to find my wedding dress. I live in CA now and was home for a different wedding. I ended up changing my flight last minute so my mom could come with me to try on dresses.

I wanted something very specific, color-wise, and didn't have a perfect idea of what style of dress I wanted to try on. I also had a pretty low budget.

The entire experience was comfortable and professional. They pulled many dresses for me to try and didn't make me feel bad at all about my budget needs. They were both super friendly and fun. I even tried on some of the bridesmaid dresses to check for my rehearsal dinner dress. We chatted about veils, hair options, and earrings.

I found the perfect wedding dress there, but still had a few appointments that same day. My experiences at the other places were very uncomfortable and awkward. I was happy to return to Renee Austin and claim my perfect dress (: Emily even helped me figure out how to find a good tailor.

I got a lot of great attention. It was overall an amazing experience and I would recommend anyone to check for their dress here!

Sent on 10/09/2014

The girls at Renee Austin were so helpful and I found the perfect dresses for my bridesmaids. They offer a wide selection of dress styles and price ranges so I was able to find something cute and affordable for my girls. The dresses came in earlier than expected which was a pleasant surprise! I ended up ordering my rehearsal dress there as I had such a wonderful experience.

Sent on 06/11/2015