Renaissance Floral Design Reviews

121 | Albany, NY

121 Reviews for Renaissance Floral Design

Randi · Married on 10/22/2011

David Michael Schmidt and his team went above and beyond to make the vision in my head a reality. After only one meeting, I felt as though David understood what I wanted and what I didn't and kept me in the loop every step of the way. He was flexible and always went above and beyond to make me happy. I feel so lucky that the Renaissance design team and DMS were part of my beautiful wedding day. He is soooo worth it :-)

Sent on 11/03/2011

Jodi · Married on 10/09/2011

Renaissance did a phenomenal job for my wedding. David has such effortless vision and really transforms a space. He is more than a "florist" he is a designer. I really enjoyed working with him and his staff and couldn't have been happier with my event.

Sent on 12/21/2011

Marika · Married on 10/08/2011

It's been over a year since our wedding and there isn't a week that goes by that someone doesn't mention how amazing our wedding turned out, or we don't say how much we loved it. Honestly, from the first meeting with David we were sold and we had so much fun working through what we had envisioned with him making thoughtful suggestions and weaving in his amazing creative ideas. We looked forward to our working sessions every time and we were actually sorry we didn't have a reason to keep working with him afterward. Maybe our tenth anniversary? He thought of every detail right down to hand delivering a special bouquet of my favorite flowers the day of the wedding with a note from my soon-to-be husband. He knew what would work best with the venue we chose and had good relationships with our other vendors. We didn't have to sweat the details even though we are detail people. We couldn't have done it without him. Everyone should have such a great partner when they're planning their wedding.

Sent on 02/18/2013

Marika · Married on 10/08/2011

Sent on 02/18/2013

Betsy · Married on 10/07/2011

To say David at Renaissance is in a league of his own, would be an understatement. I can't tell you how much I loved working with David and becoming friends. He went above and beyond to make all of my dreams and vision into a reality.

Sent on 11/27/2011

Laura · Married on 09/24/2011

My experience with David at Renaissance Floral Design was amazing!! I was thrilled that David was available for our wedding because he was my first choice for florist and he and his work did not disappoint!! From our first meeting in his shop to the subsequent calls and texts as the date drew closer he was highly responsive and helpful and really listened to what I wanted while weaving his personal touch and creativity into our day. All of our floral arrangements were beautful and along with the other details he provided I couldn't have been happier with the final outcome. I would highly recommend David to anyone!!

Sent on 10/02/2011

It is so hard to put into words how amazing David and his team at renaissance floral design is! Not only was I lucky enough to have Renaissance do my flowers but I am lucky enough to call David and the staff my friends. He truly inspires me with the talent he has for design. He is an amazing florist but I would call him an artist, My wedding was probably the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. From the floral arrangements to the lighting, to even the smallest details like my candy bags and tea lights, nothing was missed. He will go above and beyond for all his brides to make sure they are truly happy on their special day! When I walked in to my wedding venue and saw how Renaissance transformed it, it took my breath away. I am Extremely pleased to give renaissance floral designs and David the highest review I could possibly give. I wish I could put down more categories for in which he helped because he wasn't just my florist he truly was responsible for so much more! Any bride would be lucky to be able to say that RFD created there dream wedding. The whole team is one of a kind!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Corinne · Married on 08/20/2011

David at Renaissance is THE MOST talented florist you will ever meet!! Everything is does is exquisite and over the top! My wedding Ceremony and Reception were even more beautiful than I could have imagined and all my guests were blown away!

Sent on 09/22/2011

Kelly · Married on 10/15/2010

If you are looking for exquisite reception decor, Renaissance is the place to go! David was able to take my ideas and concepts and turn them into a truly breath taking reception. He filled in all the little details I hadn't even thought of, and put together a very complete event. My guests are still talking about how over the top my reception was! I wanted to take all the flowers home with me they were SO amazing!!

Sent on 10/27/2010

Sarah · Married on 09/12/2010

In my meetings with David Michael Schmidt he was professional and helpful, and understood exactly what I was picturing in my head. My bouquet was so unique and fit my vision of the day to a tea. The centerpieces were fabulous and made the reception space come to life. I even had flowers for my ceremony draping from a bridal canopy that looked breathtaking! We have gotten so many complements on how gorgeous the flowers were!

Sent on 09/16/2010

Alexis · Married on 09/04/2010

Owner David Michael Schmidt is absolutely amazing. Words cannot describe how easy and stree-free and what a pleasure it is working with him. He is a genius when it comes to event design and knows how to make any space truly jaw-dropping. I have received countless compliments on his work at my wedding from the flowers to coordinating all space rentals, to the execution. I highly recommend his work for any event where you really want to WOW!

Sent on 10/19/2010

Renee · Married on 03/12/2010

David made my ceremony BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Sent on 11/24/2010

Tamara · Married on 01/01/2009

Our flowers were perfect! They worked with us to stay within our budget. They also gave us some great options to make our look complete. Flowers were where they needed to be on time!

Sent on 01/12/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 10/11/2008

David did the flowers for my best friends wedding last year. He did a beautiful job with her wedding so I booked him myself. I met with him several times and he really listened to what I had said. I loved the flowers and the bouquest were beautiful and unique and I couldn't have been happier! He really knew both the ceremony location as well as the reception site and did a wonderful job... I highly recommend Renaissance Florist

Sent on 10/29/2008

Very good and helpful in planning and making our wedding day beautiful. I wish we would have been able to do all our rentals through him as well. I recommend that you do both flowers and rentals with David, you won't regret it!

Sent on 08/17/2013

Jessica M. · Married on 09/27/2019

Beautiful Flowers

We loved working with David and the Renaissance team. Our floral arrangements were so beautiful and even better than we imagined. We live out of state, and David was extremely flexible with us throughout the entire planning process. He listens to what you want and is conscious of what your budget is. We had a lot of revisions, questions, and add-ons in the last month leading up to the wedding, and RFD was able to accomodate all of our requests/answer all of our questions just by communicating via email. We would definitely recommend RFD! Thank you again! - Jessica and Vince from Orlando

Sent on 12/23/2019

Kristen · Married on 07/07/2018

Beautiful!!

David is a fantastic florist and it was great working with him! When talking with some other florists, they tried to change what I had envisioned or tell me what would they would do differently. I loved that David immediately asked what I wanted and worked with me throughout the process. I sent him a link of my Pinterest Board and he immediately understood what I was looking for. He exuded confidence and I never once worried that the day wouldn’t look absolutely perfect. Everything was so beautiful! Many people at the wedding complimented his work and I cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Beth · Married on 10/07/2012

My wedding planner had suggested we meet with David Michael Schmidt at Renaissance Floral Design. I can not recommend him enough. He prepared beautiful flowers for us on our wedding day. He also created a custom lounge in the dining room where our guests relax after dinner. He is so talented when it comes to design. He could not have been more patient with me and responded to to every email and phone call. To be honest, our wedding g would not have been the same with out him. He even helped us find the right venders for our day!

Sent on 11/23/2012

Christina · Married on 09/01/2012

Working with David at Renaissance Floral Design was a true pleasure. After several conversations with David my vision of how I wanted my ceremony and reception to look became more clear. Our wedding was at Shelving Rock Terrace at The Sagamore and David transformed the raw space into a beautiful, elegant, and romantic setting. David listened to our suggestions and was flexible when we had concerns. David was very attentive especially during the week of the wedding. Regarding RFD's responsiveness, I would have liked to have my questions answered earlier in the planning process as it is easy to lose sight of small details given our busy schedules. Regarding RFD's value, you get an excellent product although the price is moderately high. We were not from the area and therefore willing to spend the money for the certainty that the outcome on our wedding day would exceed our expectations. Another wonderful thing David did for us was to suggest to hire Christine Wheat, a wedding day coordinator. Looking back, we don't know what we would have done without her. Clearly, his experience with the wedding industry in the upstate NY area is superior and his suggestions are incredibly helpful. All in all David knocked it out of the park!

Sent on 09/03/2012

Gretchen · Married on 05/22/2010

I admit that I was a bit intimidated walking into Rennaisance. After all, by many people's standards, they are the top florists in the area. I didn't have a huge budget, but I love, love, love flowers.

I was not the typical bride. I didn't want mountains of roses, I wanted flowers that screamed Spring/early Summer with a relaxed but vibrant feeling. David Michael Schmidt and the staff at Rennaisance delivered, literally and figuratively. I told David the general idea of what I wanted and asked him to fill in the specifics. My bouquet was show-stopping, as were the rest of the bridal party's flowers. The reception flowers had were exactly what I had hoped for.

I also have to say that David was lovely to work with. He clearly loves what he does and he really listened to the feel that I wanted from the flowers. My experience with Renaissance was wonderful.

Sent on 06/04/2010

Elisabeth · Married on 10/16/2010

4.2
      3.5

First and foremost, the flowers at my wedding were beautiful. I recieved many glowing comments on everything. That said, they weren't exactly what I thought they were going to be. For instance, I was under the impression my bouquet would be primarily ivory and white flowers with subtle color and, in actuality, there was a lot of color. Again, they were still beautiful but I was surprised on my wedding day! There were a few times when I had trouble with someone getting back to me which was a little annoying. All in all, if you can afford it, Renaissance consistently impresses. Be prepared to spend, though.

Sent on 11/05/2010