Renaissance Floral Design Reviews

121 | Albany, NY

121 Reviews for Renaissance Floral Design

Katie · Married on 10/18/2013

Renaissance put together more beautiful arrangements and bouquets than we could imagine. My fiancé and I didn't have a clear vision for what we wanted and only had 1 picture and a Pinterest board for inspiration. David took these and ran with them, creating bouquets and arrangements that we were thrilled with. We were also trying to be mindful of our budget and David worked with us to make sure we stayed within our means. We highly recommend David and his team and couldn't be happier with their service!

Sent on 10/23/2013

David’s creations are truly breathtaking! He was able to turn my random Pinterest posts into an absolutely amazing cohesive event. The centerpieces, birch logs for the escort cards, and bouquets were more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. I was truly in awe when I walked into the ballroom and saw what David and his team had created! Staff at the Country Club where we held our wedding even commented how beautiful our centerpieces were! David and his team were responsive to my emails and questions and willing to work within my established budget. I was impressed with the personal attention David provided my wedding, even knowing that he had larger weddings happening during our wedding weekend. He sent me texts the day before the wedding to show me pictures of the bouquets and centerpieces as they were being put together. He even contacted me the day after the wedding, as he wanted to ensure we were happy with everything. I would strongly recommend David and his Renaissance Floral Design team to any bride!

Sent on 01/05/2014

Lexi · Married on 10/05/2013

David and the team at Renaissance Floral Design are the most amazing wedding design team ever. My mother likes to call David the "wedding wizard" and she is absolutely correct.

Renaissance cares about every miniscule detail of wedding design, from the gorgeous floral arrangements to the details on the table linens. Nothing is overlooked and everything is beautiful.

I remember that I once casually mentioned to David that I loved the look of strung-up lights and when I walked into my venue for the rehearsal, David had lit the inside of the entire building with "fairy lights."

I knew the moment I began the planning process that I needed Renaissance to be a part of my wedding. David was able to transform my random, half-formed thoughts about the wedding design into the most beautiful event I have ever had the privilege of attending.

Everything I asked for was perfect and everything that I left to David was more than I ever could have imagined. This team takes amazing pride in their work and will climb mountains to make sure that the wedding day is extraordinary.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Pamela · Married on 09/27/2013

David and his team did a fabulous job making our wedding at the Inn at Erlowest absolutely spectacular!!! Every last detail was thought out and we received so many compliments on our flowers. When I saw my bridal bouquet, it was everything that I ever wanted! I almost cried- David listened to all the details that I wanted and made it all come together beautifully. Choose David and his team if you want to be completely satisfied on your big day!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Lindsey · Married on 09/21/2013

Where do I even begin with David Michael Schmidt and Renaissance Floral Design? Truthfully, nothing that I say in this review will do him justice, but I will do my best. My husband (still so weird saying that!!) and I just got back from our honeymoon and I have to say, one of the first things I wanted to do when I returned to New York was write a review for David and Renaissance Floral Design.

I will start by saying that I'm not someone who has dreamed of my wedding since I was five. I honestly knew nothing about flowers and they were probably one of the lower items on the totem pole of things I cared about. That was, until I met David. Our first meeting went a little something like this... "I have no idea what I want and I'm not sure if I have a vision. Here are all the things that I hate and some of the things I like. Can you work with that?" The answer was yes, and more than that, he GOT me. Like, got me, got me and it showed throughout the entire process.

He was responsive, kind, and more than that, he has such a passion for what he does which is why he is one of the best people in this business. The funny thing is, I had such a hard time calling him "my florist" because he is so much more than that. David is a brilliant visionary, and I am SO grateful that I had the chance to work with him. Nearly three weeks later, people are still talking about our wedding and that it was the most beautiful, elegant, and romantic wedding they've ever seen. Funny enough, that's exactly what we were going for and I owe most of that to David and his team at Renaissance.

David was one of the best decisions I made throughout the planning process (other than marrying my fabulous husband, of course) and when I entered our reception room for the first time, it literally took my breath away. I honestly wish that feeling for each and everyone of you future brides.

-Lindsey

Sent on 10/08/2013

Morgan · Married on 09/14/2013

All I can say about Renaissance Floral Design is WOW!!!!! David Michael is an absolute mastermind and a joy to work with...he was always quick to respond to emails and messages and he truly has a gift when it comes to weddings...he lives up to his name as an "event visionary". We had family and friends that came from all over the world...and each one commented on how gorgeous the flowers and "special touches" were at our wedding...he is worth every cent!!!!! He made our wedding a day that we will NEVER forget...it was all that we dreamed it would be and MORE!!!! First class business all the way around...we feel blessed that our paths crossed :)

Sent on 09/29/2013

Elaine · Married on 09/14/2013

morgan and matthew secured the services of david for their gorgeous fairy-tale wedding last September st the gorgeous Sagamore Resort at Lake George and he did such an amazing job bringing this fairy-tale wedding to life...exquisitely beautiful in every way possible
    What an amazing artist and true visionary he is!
    you are truly one of a kind!!!

Sent on 07/01/2014

We cannot thank David and his team enough for the wonderful job they did at our wedding. David is a true professional and talent. He made our vision of "French Country Wedding" come to life. I had full trust in David from the very first phone call. His flowers arrangements were so gorgeous. I was so excited when he brought them into my suite while getting ready. David also worked with our budget and was very understanding. We recommend his services and TALENT to anyone that is getting married and needs a trusted vendor that will be there for you every step of the way.

Sent on 11/03/2013
  • User3420036 · 2+ years ago

The second my mother showed me the Renaissance Floral Design website I was in love. If you lay eyes on ANY of David Michael Schmidt's past events you know you can't go wrong in hiring him for your own! The day I saw his website we called immediately to set up an in person appointment, he was very flexible meeting us on a Saturday even with his busy schedule. After my husband and I talked to David for 15 minutes I was even more determined to hire him! You can tell immediately that he is a creative person and once he started talking about our wedding and what he would recommend based on what we told him I could just see the wheels in his head turning and the idea coming to life. We hired him that day! David was the one who really brought our dream to life. And we didn't give him that much direction! I don't know anything about flowers and David is someone you can 100% trust and know that no matter what he is going to make everything beautiful. We even had him do our rehearsal dinner flowers and decor! It was so exciting to get sneak peaks of the flowers for the weekend when he was arranging them and to see them in person was just magical. Unfortunately I got sick and didn't make it for the reception room reveal but we will be hiring David again for an anniversary party in the future so we can have that special moment with him!!! My bouquet was incredible, and per our request each bridesmaid had a slightly different bouquet and it just gave everything such a wonderful feel. And the reception room was breathtaking. I could go on and on about every detail because everything was incredible but I will say that David is truly someone you want to have on your team at your wedding. Whether you have no clue what you want or have a very strong idea he is your guy. He is one of the most creative people and isn't afraid to think outside the box! If you don't hire Renaissance Floral Design you are making a mistake!!!!

Sent on 10/18/2013

Lydia · Married on 09/01/2013

When you want all of your wedding fantasies to come true, when you want to walk into your reception and feel like you can barely breathe because the room is so beautiful, call David Michael Schmidt at Renaissance. From a warm and fun filled southwestern barbecue rehearsal dinner held in an old barn, to an outdoor ceremony of elegant simplicity, to a reception ballroom that could only be described as dazzling, Mr. Schmidt's design concepts were spot on. I so look forward to planning future events with this creative force. (And as a bonus, he's a really nice guy.)

Sent on 10/22/2013

Our daughter's dream wedding came true this summer at the Sagamore Resort on Lake George, NY. The gorgeous venue itself can stand alone but it was made spectacularly beautiful by the flowers, the linens, lighting and decorations provided through Renaissance Floral Design in Albany, NY, with David Michael Schmidt at the helm. David has an exquisite eye for color and detail and his experience as an event designer and coordinator is extraordinary. The terrace was absolutely shimmering. He had previously handled many events at the Sagamore, which enabled seamless communication between his staff, the vendors and resort personnel. Most importantly, David was personally terrific to work with. He was sensitive to our taste and budget and had many helpful ideas and recommendations. He was always available and made us feel comfortable. It was a pleasure to have had the good fortune to work with him. Our daughter's special day will remain a beautiful memory because of David's magical vision.

Sent on 09/25/2013

Nancy · Married on 08/10/2013

The flowers transformed the room and transformed the wedding; the outside ceremony was enhanced by David's vision which did not compete with the beauty of the site; the so so reception room was transformed into the grandest and most beautiful venue ever by the flowers. The attention to detail and freshness of the flowers was without equal. I don't think any florist in the area could have pulled this off for us except renaissance.

Sent on 08/13/2013
  • User3520958 · 2+ years ago

David and his team are AMAZING! I literally showed him 1 picture of a bouquet I loved and told him I wanted the look of our wedding to be inspired from it. He absolutely outdid my wildest expectations. Every step of the planning process was fun and stress free. The final result was magnificent. Our family and friends are still freaking out about how beautiful our wedding was. It was also a plus that David himself is awesome. I feel like I need to plan another party just so I can hire RFD again. I can't thank you enough for making our weekend perfect XO

Sent on 09/09/2013

Sonja · Married on 08/03/2013

The key with working with Renaissance Floral Design (David) was the confidence he demonstrated at all times….his professionalism, creativity and attention to every detail was unparalleled. I should also note, I really appreciated how David calmed me with his sense of humor! Anyway, we had several of our guests comment on how stunning the flowers were and the overall design. For this, Tom and I are now credited with having the best wedding among our guest and harsh critic friends and you had a lot to do with it. As you know, Jessi and Tommy had a “Picture Perfect” day and so many of these images showcase your work. I am having our photographer send you some of those images that will add credibility to my praises. When you see these photos you will be amazed.

Many thanks –

Sonja & Tom Moscato

Sent on 08/12/2013

Jessica · Married on 08/03/2013

I was planning a wedding at Lake George from Saint Louis, MO. This was stressful for many reasons, but mainly because I wasn't very familiar with the area and didn't have the chance to make it up to NY until well into my planning process. I was working full time and in the middle of working on my masters degree and didn't have time to put in the time and effort I would have liked to make my dream wedding a reality. David and his team at Renaissance took the little direction I gave them on my vision for the wedding and were able to create an absolutely stunning event that was spot on to what I wanted. David takes the time to get to know the client become familiar with their personality. I was so at ease the morning of my wedding. I felt completely confident in David's suggestions and choices. He definitely knows what he is talking about. I All of my wedding guests were commenting on the amazing floral arrangements and overall design of the ceremony and reception.

Sent on 08/17/2013
  • Y

Yvis · Married on 07/06/2013

The Renaissaince Floral and Design Team goes above and beyond their responsabilities, the truly help you create the prefect Event!!!! Thank you David!!!!!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Susan · Married on 06/22/2013

I popped in unannounced to Rennaissance Floral Design visiting from my home in Toronto to Albany where my daughter was getting married at the Carey Conference Centre. As my daughter lives in Kansas, and I am in Canada, it was stressful not knowing the vendors we would be dealing with.

I must admit I am a "flower snob". When I choose flowers as gifts, I always go directly to the florist and hand pick each stem. I like unique flowers with interesting greenery and always have compliments on my choices.

David, while very busy, welcomed us warmly and took the time to show us an on line photo book of some of the beautiful floral designs that he had created, even though he had appointments set up on this busy day. It was clear right away that Renaissance was that special place that we had been looking for, creating first class floral designs.

As soon as we returned home, we emailed our intent to work with David, and we received a prompt and friendly response from Sarah, who was helpful in many ways.

The day of the wedding, when I saw the floral pieces that we would be using at our outdoor wedding, they were spectacular and certainly exceeded my expectations.

I would highly recommend Renaissance Floral Design to anyone, particularly to those who can appreciate superior quality.

The McCartney/Matuszek Family

Sent on 07/04/2013

Stephanie · Married on 06/08/2013

I was a bit hesitant to meet with David Michael at first because so much of what he does seems to be for huge formal venues, and we were having a 70 person wedding up in Lake Placid. However, one of my friends was using him and thought he was fantastic, so I decided to get in touch. I’m so glad I did because everything he did was just beautiful! The flowers were gorgeous and elegant while still fitting in perfectly with our lodge venue. I was also a bit concerned that given the lavishness of some of his weddings that my budget might be too small from him - well that couldn't have been further from the truth. He was very conscious of our budget and gave us options that enabled us to have the flowers we wanted at our price point. Even the items we didn't discuss much turned out perfectly – details like the flowers on the cake and the flowers for our dog's collar (she was our flower girl) – were beautifully done. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/06/2013

Masha · Married on 06/01/2013

There is no one else that could have created the beauty that David and his team developed for my wedding day. After our first meeting, it was clear that I had made the right decision choosing David as my florist. He has impeccable taste and was able to take my vision and create the most beautiful arrangements. David has an amazing eye for detail, which was a key part in making my wedding perfect. Not only is David professional, he is extremely compassionate and will go above and beyond to make sure the bride is happy.

Sent on 07/01/2013

Catherine · Married on 05/26/2013

We came to David six weeks before my daughter's wedding after realizing our previous florist wasn't understanding the vision. As far as I am concerned, David is THE ONLY florist to use in the Capital District. We met with David for one hour -- he is an excellent listener. He really wants to give you your vision -- not impose his vision on you. He stayed within our budget and in that hour, we knew we did not have to worry about flowers. David got it. He is the ultimate professional and a master at his craft. He is personable and so easy to work with. My daughter wanted lilacs at the end of May--a pretty hard thing to do. David filled the church and venue with lilacs in stunning designs that were exactly what my daughter had envisioned. He is absolutely the best vendor we dealt with and I would recommend any bride simply go to Renaissance and rest assured David will give you the flowers you dream of for your wedding.

Sent on 06/02/2013
  • User3371997 · 2+ years ago

David and his staff were amazing! He listened to our vision and provided the perfect feedback ! It has been over a month since our wedding and people are still commenting on how beautiful everything was. A 5 ++++ rating in my book. Again thank you for everything!!

Sent on 07/05/2013

Catherine · Married on 05/11/2013

We knew Renaissance by reputation so we didn't feel the need to ask for anything specific, we just told David the look we were going for. On the wedding day the floral designs were nothing short of spectacular. Each one was fresh, creative and original. Many, many guests raved about the beauty of the flowers. From the magnificent large arrangement at the church to the tables at the reception Renaissance created a magical, memorable atmosphere. We highly recommend David and his talented design team!

Sent on 05/20/2013

Happy · Married on 04/13/2013

Beyond amazing! We had contracted with another florist and they just did not understand what we wanted. We needed help bringing our wedding ideas together and we thought it may never happen. Our venue had suggested that we reach out to Renaissance and we are so glad we did! They responded instantly when we contacted them from their website. Met with us the same week. They coordinated all the rentals we wanted and made our vision come to life. Better than we could ever expect and we highly recommend this business!

Sent on 05/15/2013

LOVE LOVE LOVE DAVID!!!! He is amazing at what he does! He made my wedding day unforgettable, I still receive compliments on everything from flowers to tablecloths and lighting!! Thank you David!!

Sent on 01/21/2013
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 11/17/2012

David Michael Schmidt and his team at Renaissance Floral Design did an amazing job providing the flowers and rentals for the design of our wedding. David and his team far-and-away exceeded every expectation my husband and I had for our wedding (which is saying quite a lot based on how high our expectations were). David is an artist who turns vision into beautiful reality.

Like many brides, when I first met with David I brought many magazine clippings, blog posting and pinterest boards. From this collection of clippings David focused in on the key elements I was looking for in the design of our flowers and reception room. He took a great deal of time to discussing the nuances of what I wanted and from there put together an easy to follow proposal for the flowers, linens, and various mercury glass centerpieces needed to make our dream a reality.

David met with us several times before our wedding day each time honing in on the design, always flexible to make any changes I requested as we got closer to the wedding. I was a very involved bride, who wanted input on every single detail for our wedding, and David was gracious to include me on every single detail down to specific buds and jewels used in our personal flower arrangements. However, for the brides out there who are more “hands off” he would be a great fit to take care of everything with minimum input.

The day of the wedding David made sure that I was completely satisfied with the entire design. He worked wonderfully with our other vendors, changing his schedule based on others' changing schedules. The finished product of David's hard work was nothing short of breathtaking. All of our guests commented on how beautiful the room looked. David's enthusiasm for what he does and his passion for design is infectious and wonderful to be around. The value of the beauty that he adds to wedding is unmatched and will surely leave a lasting impact on every wedding he designs.

Sent on 11/26/2012