Renaissance Floral Design Reviews

121 | Albany, NY

121 Reviews for Renaissance Floral Design

Juliana · Married on 07/08/2017

David and The Renaissance Floral Design did an amazing job on the flowers and decor. I had used Pinterest to save photos of flower ideas I was looking at. At our first meeting my mom and I went to see him, he had my Pinterest page up on one of his computer screens and was very organized. He suggested different ideas that would work for our venue and after meeting with him I wouldn't have gone to any other florist. He had ideas for everything from flowers, tents, and tables, to chandeliers. The day before our wedding one of his assistants sent me text messages of the flower arrangements and they were just gorgeous. My husband and I had a vision of having fruit in the floral arrangements which he had not worked with before and the flowers were exactly what my husband and I had visioned. All the guests were talking about the flowers and the fruit. He had out done himself. All of our guest who got to take the floral arrangements home with them were just so pleased with David's work. Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/20/2017
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/17/2017

David and his team are top notch, classy, creative, friendly and inspiring to work with. We had our wedding at Hall of Springs in Saratoga, NY, and after just one conversation with David, I knew he understood the vision we had for the space. When I walked in on my wedding day, I was stunned by how above and beyond he went to make the room gorgeous. I would highly, highly recommend Renaissance Floral.

Sent on 06/19/2017

Julie · Married on 06/03/2017

David and the Renaissance team designed a wedding right out of a movie for us. Our wedding was set for a rustic location, so my husband and I wanted to use a designer/florist who could take our venue to the next location. David delivered and then some. He created a one of a kind floral alter for us to stand in beneath the mountains that simply breathtaking. All of the details and thoughts put into flowers for the ceremony and reception were meticulous, right down to the gorgeous compass escort table.

Sent on 06/26/2017

Mallory · Married on 05/27/2017

We love David and Renaissance Floral Design. He is so passionate about his flowers and does an amazing job. He was also honest about his prices. I came to him with a budget and he did his best to stay within my budget. And the flowers!!! Wow. SO perfect. I loved how he listened to my ideas and was always communicating regarding my thoughts and views. I added pictures onto my pinterest and he used those pictures to make the bouquets and centerpieces I wanted. I think what made it so easy was I trusted him as the expert. He gets his flowers right from the producers so I knew they'd be of great quality. As a bride, allowing your florist to make the decisions regarding the flowers was the best decision I made. I knew he'd do exactly what I wanted because this is his passion and love. Please use him!

Sent on 06/04/2017
  • Catlady11317

Caitlyn · Married on 01/13/2017

Renaissance floral design created the most amazing floral designs for my wedding 1/13/17. I had no idea what I wanted for my wedding and somehow they made the most lush and vibrant flower bouquets and arrangements I'd ever seen. I couldn't dream of anything more beautiful for my wedding day. It's been three days and the flowers are still just as beautiful and fragrant as they were when the Renaissance team delivered them to the venue!

Sent on 01/17/2017

Hillary · Married on 07/30/2016

They were amazing! I got married on July 30th at the Sagamore and my flowers, lighting and rentals were all through David. Everything was perfect and so easy to work with even though I don't live near them.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Amanda · Married on 06/18/2016

David and his entire team are simply incredible. Flowers were a very important part of my day to me and I could not be happier with the decision we made to use Renaissance Floral. I didn't know specifically what I wanted but David was able to take my ideas after a few conversations and make them into a better reality than I could have even dreamed.

Sent on 06/21/2016

Lisa · Married on 09/05/2015

My husband and I are true fans of Renaissance Floral Design. We have purchased garden décor, a fountain, and flower urns. Every time we entered through the front door, the smell of fresh flowers swept me away. I had the pleasure of working with David and Cathy on my wedding flowers. We are big fans of succulents and wanted to have them included in the boutonnieres, corsages, and of course, the bridal bouquets. Thanks to inspiration from Pinterest, I had pinned a number of bouquets, etc. containing succulents to my wall. I shared my Pinterest wall with David and Cathy so they knew my preferences. On the morning of my wedding, I received a text message from David which contained two photos - one of my wedding bouquet and one of my bridesmaid bouquets. I was absolutely delighted and my eyes began to tear up. The bouquets were more beautiful than I envisioned! I was so proud to carry my bouquet on my wedding day.

For those looking for wedding flowers, I would highly recommend Renaissance Floral Design. Their experience and attention to detail is "Top Notch".

Sent on 09/30/2015

Tina · Married on 08/29/2015

I know instantly after meeting with David that he would provide amazing flowers for our wedding. On Saturday when I walked in and saw them I wasn't let down. David had done better than I could have even dreamed of. I had many people coming up to me asking who did our flowers because they were so beautiful. I would highly recommend using Renaissance!

Sent on 09/01/2015
  • Y

Yuxiang · Married on 06/13/2015

The truth is, we totally blew our budget for floral expenses, but I honestly think David and his team delivered and made it all worthwhile. I tend to be a pretty visual person, but had trouble visualizing what our end product might look like after a couple of consultations. In fact, I was shown a photo of what was described as a similar floral arrangement and got nervous that it was going to look nothing like what I was hoping for/expecting.

Then came our wedding day, and in came the bouquets while the girls were getting ready. That was the first time my mind was blow. The combination of flowers I had requested (roses, peonies, orchids sitting on a bed of hydrangea) was just so stunning. The colors (blush, white) complemented our wedding color themes with such elegance. The boutonnieres were beautifully prepared. I wasn't sure what to expect when we agreed that the groom (now husband!!) would wear an orchid boutonniere, but it, like my bouquet, was just so elegant (second time my mind was blown). The flowers at the alter were rich and blossomed beautifully against the green lawn and the backdrop of Lake George (third time mind was blown, and many more to come). The center pieces were just so romantic with all the candles... it was sheer perfection. Oh, and then the peonies that were wired for my hair... It completed the picture and made the whole event feel like one exquisite dream.

Simply stated, I think David is a visionary when it comes to his trade. His shop is beautiful, his notes (as you describe your ideas) are carefully taken, he works with your budget without pressuring you, his team is responsive, and his end product is just magic. Couldn't have asked for better.

Sent on 06/17/2015

Anya · Married on 05/30/2015

David and the Renaissance team did an incredible job creating the most beautiful ambience for our wedding! He was able to listen to my vision, provide suggestions and translate everything into reality. The bouquets, centerpieces, vases, linens, candles, etc. were all so elegant and tasteful. The chuppah and ceremony decor literally took my breathe away when I saw it! So many of our family and friends comments on how beautiful everything looked. I 100% recommend Renaissance to any bride-to-be, you won't be disappointed!!!

Sent on 06/28/2015
  • O

Olivia · Married on 05/23/2015

We loved working with David and he made our wedding day look beautiful. The flowers he provided were perfect for the tables, the bridesmaids, and me. He matched what we were looking for exactly.

The room at our reception was magical, with candles delicately placed on all the ledges and tables, and intermingled with flowers and moss. Everything showed just the right amount of elegance and subtle beauty.

I highly recommend using Renaissance Floral Design if you want to add an extra layer of beauty to your day. If you want the best vendor for flowers, lighting and decor in the region, then you should choose Renaissance Floral Design.

Sent on 06/07/2015

Renaissance Floral played a huge role in making our wedding magical. When I originally sat down for a consultation with David, it didn't take me long to realize he would be the one to create the ambiance for our wedding. He immediately identified my style -- beautiful and classic, but simple. He worked within my budget, offering suggestions that fit us perfectly, never taking away from the magic of what we all wanted to create.

And he delivered in a way I could never have imagined. Our winter reception was just incredible -- full of such magic with white flowers and candles for days. I absolutely adored how each centerpiece was different and its own style of gorgeous. I loved the varying layers and heights of candles. The whole room was just washed in candlelight. And I can't possibly say enough about our gorgeous bouquets. Each was perfect.

The on-site staff was kind, helpful, and thorough, and they all did such a beautiful job creating the space. David has found an incredible team to help him realize his vision. I highly recommend these incredible people!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Jordan · Married on 11/22/2014

I can't say enough good things about David and his shop and staff at Renaissance Floral! He is great to work with, we had a consultation at the shop as well as communicated via email and had a final meeting and the end result was spectacular! The flowers were exactly as I'd hoped, it was a dream! David set the dining room at the Lake Placid Lodge perfectly with beautiful center pieces and many candles, it was so lovely. He had a great idea to display the glass ornaments my husband made on this amazing tree that he brought up to the lodge. He made wrist corsages for the ladies with pearl bands, they were perfect. He worked creatively within my budget which was extremely thoughtful and helpful! I highly recommend David and Renaissance Floral!

Sent on 12/05/2014
  • mrsp2014

Kimberly · Married on 10/04/2014

I recently used Renaissance Floral for my wedding at The Sagamore Resort in Lake George. From the moment I met with David I knew we were going to be in good hands. Having only to meet him once he knew exactly what I wanted and how I envisioned our wedding to be. The decorations, details and floral arrangements were AMAZING. His staff that I dealt with via email and phone leading up to our wedding were always very professional and helpful. Renaissance Floral made our wedding come together and we couldn't be more happy than the outcome of everything. We highly recommend using RFD :)

Sent on 10/16/2014

Cinzia · Married on 10/03/2014

David at Renaissance Floral Design was so great to work with and made my dream wedding decor come to life. He worked with me on designs to achieve the look I was going for within budget -- everything from the bouquets to the linens and the centerpieces -- everything was perfect. I was speechless when I got a sneak peek of the ballroom before the ceremony -- was everything I envisioned and more. Thank you Renaissance!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 08/23/2014

I don't even know where to start. When we walked into our tent for entrances it was like walking into a dream.

David and I worked together down to the wire to make sure everything was all set for the wedding. We had to bring in everything to our venue and David was our project manager, event designer and florist all in one. He coordinated with Clifton Park Rentals and Cooperstown Event Rentals and so many other vendors, he's a saint.

Not only did he create a stunning tent, but he's so wonderful to just chat with. I miss being one of his brides because I want a reason to just call him up and bug him!

He turned our garden venue which can easily read as rustic into a magical mid summers night garden. The lighting in the tent was perfection. The garlands on the long tables were gorgeous. The balancing and tiering of all the votives and tapers and floating candles was flawless. At the end of the night I was just walking around the tent saying how I didn't want to leave!

My bouquet was so beautiful, the girls bouquets were also perfect. He even created baskets for our flower grandmothers.

There are seriously not enough words for me to truly convey how wonderful it was to work with David and his team and how perfect the product they deliver is, you just have to find out for yourself! I wish I could do it all over again! And not change a single thing.

Sent on 09/15/2014
  • Lexi

Lexi · Married on 06/14/2014

I'll share this letter I wrote to David as my review. He far exceeded our expectations!

David,

Dmitriy and I cannot thank you enough for all that you did for us for our wedding. After a few (very fun) conceptual meetings, we had no doubt that you knew exactly what we had dreamed of. The first time that I teared up the day of my wedding was when I saw all of the beautiful personal flowers with my bouquet. I was so touched to see my grandmothers’ jewelry placed in the flowers like a part of the arrangement. You far exceeded our expectations. We were speechless for our reveal to our ballroom. You transformed the space into “our” area for the day. All of the little touches and details made everything so special. Thank you again, we will never forget all of your efforts to make our wedding day special.

Sent on 06/30/2014

"Every little thing he does is magic!" That should be the slogan for Davidmichael Schmidt at renaissance floral design. His staff is amaz! Loved working with him and Cathy as well as the design team. We interviewed several florists but after meeting with David we felt we had a secret weapon for our day.
    David helps us find the perfect venders and created exactly what we wanted for our family and friends. He not only provided stunning arrangements but he also arranged all our rentals and specialty linen. My patents were shocked when they stopped by earlier in the day and saw David and his team steaming all the linens and making sure every detail was perfect as the flowers were coming into the space. He even designed our lighting to enhance every detail of the room and our guests still can't stop talking about it.
    We live in Nyc and are both in the design and publishing business. Many of our friends have recently been married and they all wish they had known about DMS and his team.
    We are so excited that our dearest friends will be using him next year for their celebration which is four hours from Albany.
    If you want to perfect day, Renaissance Floral Design is the key to making it happen no matter where you are or what your dream is.
    Thank you RFD team and DMS!

Sent on 06/16/2014

Katherine · Married on 06/07/2014

Renaissance Floral was hands down one of the best decisions we made when planning our perfect wedding. David and his staff handle events that are much larger and much more expensive than ours was, yet he and his team always made us feel as if we were their number one priority from start to finish. David’s compassion and commitment is evident in his work; he and his staff are professional, prompt, and worked within our budget to make sure our and vision came to life. David is more than a florist, he is an artist; his eye for detail, creativity, and attentiveness to what we envisioned were all clearly evident in every aspect of the day. I honestly don’t think you can find a florist like Renaissance anywhere else ! Thank You David!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Jen · Married on 06/06/2014

Words cannot express my pleasure with the work done by David and his team at Renaissance!

From top to bottom, always responding to e-mails, taking time during thorough pre-wedding meetings and always verbalizing my vision even when I couldn't find the words on my own. I am not a creative person by nature, but David quickly honed in on what I liked and created a concept for my wedding.

On the day of the wedding, I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY with what was created for myself, my bridesmaids, and for the ceremony and receptions spaces. My husband was not involved in this portion of the planning and was extremely impressed with what David put together. Our flowers were moved to a brunch for the morning after our wedding and looked perfect the next morning!

If you chose David and Renaissance Floral Design for your wedding, you can be certain you have chosen an experienced professional who will not settle for less than exactly what you envision for your day. You can rest assured during the process, and not have to micromanage, David will take care of it all ... and your day will simply be PERFECTION!

Sent on 06/09/2014

Tricia · Married on 05/24/2014

Oh David Michael! He Truly is a wedding and event wizard! He made my wedding look like a fairytale! He is beyond one of the most fun, creative and easiest people to work with and he will work with any budget. ( I might also add he is very patient) He was able to transform our wedding venue into the most romantic, gorgeous, mystical, reception ever. The wedding would not have been what it was without him. He is so much more than just a florist. He also coordinated all of our rentals for us chairs, curtains, etc. He had such great ideas and suggestions and truly made the process so much fun for my mother and I. All of the guests at the wedding could not believe the flowers and the decorations and the lighted curtain. The guests were “wowed”. We cannot thank him enough for all of his hard work! He even had a broken foot the day of my wedding, and came to my inn, and delivered my bouquets to me in a walking boot! !!!He truly is the best! If you want a reception to wow your guests he is your guy!

Sent on 06/11/2014

Jackie · Married on 03/08/2014

I have affectionately nicknamed David Michael Schmidt of Renaissance Floral Design our wedding wizard. With his magic & talent he created an absolutely stunning winter wonderland wedding for me & my husband, Tom. We couldn't have been any more impressed by what he made possible, & throughout the whole process we felt like we had a friend & teammate working to pull off our vision. We didn't get in touch with David until about 2 months before the wedding but he took the tight timeline in stride & was so efficient in communication. My hubby & I live in China but I'm from NY & he's from England & our wedding was in Vermont. Despite the time difference/distance, we never felt far from the incredible service David & his team provide. He's a genuine genius & genie that made more than 3 of our wishes come true. The level of detail that David makes possible to get down to was so appreciated by me as a fairly ridiculous perfectionist. Getting super granular on our very first phone call put me at ease even though I was standing in the corner of a restaurant in China. He's an absolute delight to work with & every bride should be so lucky as to have his vision, help & expertise. I had tears in my eyes when he revealed the room for our reception. Everything was perfect... from the linens, to the flower arrangements, to the jaw-droppingly beautiful tree his staff had display all the name cards for seating guests. David is and his team are all just the best kind of people to surround yourself with on a special day. We didn't get the pleasure of meeting David or visiting his gorgeous store & showroom until 4 days before our wedding. We left his store with a bunch of purchases... I was like the chubby kid in Willy Wonka's factory. I'm now helping some of my best friends plan their wedding & have asked them to use David. I will continue to recommend him to all my friends as they get married or throw big parties. He is the very best!

Sent on 03/16/2014

Melissa · Married on 10/19/2013

Working with David and his team was wonderful. My fiancé and I knew we wanted to work with him from the moment we saw his work on local photography blogs. He was able to take our ideas and refine them and make everything work beautifully. He also took the lead on coordinating with other vendors on rentals, which made things much easier for us. I believe he is one of the few professionals who would agree to create the escort card tree we had envisioned, it was definitely a large task and he exceeded our expectations and got many many compliments from our guests. He was able to work with our budget and make minor changes that kept us in our range. Every time I spoke with him, I felt great about our floral and event design choice. I also loved that he involved my fiancé, so both our voices were heard. When I walked into the Hall of Springs, I was blown away and the gorgeous decor and lighting made it a truly magical night. I only wish I could have thanked him in person on my wedding day.

Sent on 11/01/2013

David Michael Schmidt is simply the best. Calling him a florist is a disservice to everything he does. He is a designer. He is an artist. He is a miracle worker. And, to top it all off, he is such a wonderful person. We wanted him at our wedding as a guest, not but we needed him to make everything beyond perfect!

We chose the Lake Placid Lodge because it is someplace that is near and dear to our hearts. It is our home away from home and where we got engaged. Given how much we love it, our original plan was to go understated with the flowers. But then we thought that since we would be there with our guests for a few days before the big day, we wanted to set the wedding day apart from everything else. We wanted the entire place to be something special that night. And David delivered beyond our wildest expectations. He captured everything we loved about the place and kicked it up 20 notches! We had so much faith in his artistic design that we left much of it to his discretion. We wanted to be surprised just like everyone else.

When we first saw what he had done, I was literally brought to tears it was so beautiful. The details were stunning. He got my favorite flowers even though they were completely out of season. It was so classy and so beautiful that people are still talking about everything he did. He put together works of art on each table and had one stunning centerpiece arrangement that followed the wedding around the many venues at the Lodge throughout the night. It was breathtaking.

David was always super responsive, even when we knew he had many events in the prime of wedding season. He was always transparent about everything and what it would cost, and talked us out of things that would have made him more money when he didn't think it fit with his design. He was right every time.

We look forward to working with David for many years to come. You must have him be part of your celebration. He will blow you away!

Sent on 01/02/2014