Reiman Gardens Reviews

9 | Ames, IA

9 Reviews for Reiman Gardens

Marcia · Married on 02/19/2017

Overall, we had a great event at Reiman. We were in the Hunziker House though which does not have a kitchen. It has a small "wet bar" and no counter space for prepping things. Additionally, only 3 8' tables are provided for serving food buffet style. We used 2 and used the 3rd one for a display of our honoree's photos (it was a 90th birthday celebration). We also brought a card table to use.

None of us was clear on exactly where to go to off-load our cars as we had not been there before. Additionally, Reiman was working on the yard and one driveway area (I think there are 2 drives to access this house). So, that may be a temporary snafu. Reiman graciously gave us 30 extra minutes to set up and we needed every single minute even though I had about 14 worker bees pulling it all together. There is no way I could have set up in 30 minutes. One guest arrived 20 minutes early which did not help.

Renee was responsive to all of our family who called her and was flexible when my Mom stated she hated our original party date.

I did not use Wedding Wire. I used Reiman directly.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Keesha · Married on 08/19/2016

Our ceremony was originally supposed to be outdoors, but it ended up down-pouring. The staff were quick to offer us a space indoors, which turned out to be BEAUTIFUL! The Reiman Gardens is fabulous and photos came out great!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Jacob · Married on 07/23/2006

Exceptional; Highly Recommended

Sent on 04/23/2008

Jamie · Married on 09/07/2013

A beautiful setting for outdoor or indoor ceremonies. Reasonable priced. However bit big enough for large wedding. I had 100ish people and that is max. More intimate settings.

Sent on 10/18/2013
  • fallinthegarden

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2017

We loved having our wedding at Reiman! The grounds were absolutely beautiful. We had to use the indoor backup option, which was still gorgeous. Having such a great indoor backup option was one of the reasons we booked the place.

The room was just the right size for our group. We liked that we could bring in whatever vendors we wanted to personalize the wedding to us. It was so convenient to be able to have the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception in one location. Our guests really appreciated being able to flow right from one event to the other.

The only downside is the really small green room, which means you have to get ready somewhere else (we were planning on it anyway so it really wasn't a huge deal).

Sent on 10/30/2017

4.2
      3.0

Beautiful place and good experience with the staff

Sent on 05/17/2016

Laura and Brian · Married on 08/08/2009

3.0

Beautiful venue with helpful staff. Several restrictions on what you can and cannot do.

Sent on 08/25/2009

Marie · Married on 05/24/2014

3.2
      2.5
      3.5

We picked the gardens because they are absolutely gorgeous in bloom. However, we had some issues. We were told that the gardens would be closed at 4, our ceremony was scheduled for 530. The day off the wedding, I was sitting in the rotunda, in my dress, and it was almost 5. Random people and large groups of children were still entering the gardens. My MOH asked why they were still letting the public in, and they said the gardens didn't close until 6. There was also another event going on that evening. Luckily, no one wandered through or randomly joined in, but it was not ok. Also, pretty expensive.

Sent on 06/08/2014

Alex · Married on 02/01/2014

1.4
      0.0
      2.0
      2.0
      0.0

While the gardens are very beautiful and well taken care of, I would advise anyone planning a wedding here to reconsider. The staff has their own agenda as far as weather they like you and feel they need to impose fees on you not in your contract. After our wedding, we were threatened with charges as well as harassment by head staff for disputing "made up" fines against us. The wedding was perfect but the after math was anything but. If you'd like more details feel free to contact me.

Sent on 02/24/2014