RedShoe Reviews

45 Reviews for RedShoe

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 0 Winner

45 RedShoe Reviews

Canaan · Married on 02/17/2018

Tony is no doubt one of the best DJs we've ever been around. He was more than willing to accept and implement our requests and filled in the rest flawlessly. People felt comfortable and relaxed from the beginning and danced harder and had more fun than we'd ever seen at any other wedding. Largely because of him, we were able to leave the evening saying, "that was the most fun wedding we've ever been to."

Rebecca · Married on 10/07/2017

We recently got married in Joshua Tree and it was one of the best choices we made to work with RedShoe and more importantly DJ JCR (Jonathan). Our wedding was a complete hit and the compliment we've heard over and over is "Who is your DJ...he is AMAZING!" Everyone is still raving about the dance party which was made possible by JCR. We had a very mixed guest list with our grandparents in their 80's, our parents and their friends ranging from 50-70 and then of course all of our friends 20-30. EVERYONE was on the dance floor and everyone was dancing together; young and old. We have no doubts this party came to life before our eyes because of JCR. We are forever thankful we choose to work with Jonathan. Not only did we throw the celebration of the year but we also gained a life long friend in Jonathan and we look forward to seeing him in the future. From the initial communication, face time session, to the all the wedding weekend events, he was so easy to work with and truly helped us create our perfect day!!! We would give 10 stars if possible! Jonathan you made our night perfect! CHEERS! Rebecca and Cody O'Malley, 2017

Allie · Married on 04/29/2017

BEST EVER!!!! DJ Wes Lee was the best DJ ever. I had so many people ask me about him after the wedding. He was so professional and played everything we wanted to hear. Not to mention kept our wedding going. He gave us so many examples of what people use for certain parts of their wedding that it made choosing the music so much less intimidating. We owe a huge thanks to him and the red shoe team so THANK YOU!!! Best experience ever.

Marisa · Married on 04/22/2017

DJ Manny was the absolute perfect choice for our wedding! He was professional, talented, nice, and so fun to work with. I sent him an endless song list and he was able to incorporate our eclectic music taste into the entire night/day while making it the most fun party ever! The dance floor was packed all night and people could stop moving no matter where they were! I have so many great memories of dancing with friends and family to specific songs and would get so excited to hear songs we gave him and his creativity with mixing it up while still keeping the party alive! We would've gone until 4am if we could have :) It was exactly the party that my husband and I wanted and we were so pleased with Manny and RedShoe!

Mark · Married on 04/22/2017

Book them now!
    DJ Manny was great, he kept us moving the whole party. People with eclectic music taste will welcome this collective. Manny was able to fit in many types of music and satisfy everyone's musical appetite. Truly professional. Manny set up with plenty of time until party. Sound check before start, wireless microphone on a stand all worked flawlessly. DJ only spoke when needed, very unobtrusive to music. The music was everything. It was everything that my daughter wanted, and more if that is possible.
    It was suggested to me while planning the event that the DJ will make or break your party. RedShoeLA's DJ Manny made the party. Do not skimp on this part of your day.

Kate · Married on 04/08/2017

We knew Ian was the right choice after our very first Facetime call with him. For example, when we talked to him about what kind of music we wanted playing during dinner, we explained that we wanted “Happy Blues...like non-depressing Bill Withers and Sam Cooke.” He was able to take that fairly vague description and rattle off a ton of other songs that would fit right in. Two weeks before our wedding, we had another meeting with him to go over our music choices for each part of the day (ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, dancing) as well as specific song choices (processional, first dance, etc.). He even went so far as to us ask us specifically how we wanted to be introduced as a couple and what verbiage he should use to invite everyone to the dance floor after parent dances. He offered suggestions where we needed them and worked to make sure that he really understood what vibe we were going for. We never needed to worry that he was going to play cheesy songs---he kept the party going the whole time. So many people came up to us after the wedding to tell us how amazing our DJ was---our reception was a rocking dance party the whole time all thanks to Ian! Hire him!!!!!!

Lauren · Married on 02/18/2017

We chose Dominic Sagona, and wow are we so glad we did! He is absolutely the best. We had a guest count of 250 with all age ranges, and Dominic had the dance floor packed the whole time. He listened to what we wanted , helped us decide on a few things, and made the whole process of music choosing very simple. During our planning process he was organized and in communication with us and our wedding planner, Nicole George events. We will recommend him to everyone.

• Malena

Malena · Married on 10/29/2016

We booked Manny from Red Shoe as our wedding DJ in Santa Barbara and couldn't be happier with his service. During the booking process there were some confusions about logistics, but Red Shoe and Manny were quick to respond to our concerns and flexible with what we needed. During our initial planning meeting, Manny picked up our vibe and our taste in music instantly - which was not easy since we have such different tastes in music and cultural backgrounds! At the wedding, Manny was on top of everything, from ceremony to reception, and kept the energy going flawlessly all night long! Manny was pleasant to work with, super easy going, and incredibly professional - we wish we could have more parties just to book him more often! Above and beyond our expectations, and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a DJ.

Desiree · Married on 10/22/2016

We worked with Jonathan at RedShoe and he was TOP NOTCH. He was such a pleasure to work with and gave us the perfect amount of direction through the entire process. We received endless compliments on his music selection, but we were mostly impressed with what a lively and classy VJ he was! He brought the perfect touch to our wedding, kept our guests on the dance floor, and was extremely polite amidst my family's music requests. We absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for a standout DJ.

Loved working with DJ Dom! He really hit all the right music during the dancing portion of our wedding. We were so happy with all the music during the wedding. All of our guests were dancing and having so much fun!

We hired Red Shoe's Dominic Sagona (aka DJ Dom) to play at our July wedding and couldn't have been happier. We frankly aren't the most music-savvy people and were sort of overwhelmed trying to give guidance about what we wanted for our reception, which was at lunchtime. We gave Dominic a list of some songs we liked and he did the rest. I had several people comment specifically on the music during the reception saying how great it was.

More than that, Dominic was super nice and easy to work with. We put off music guidance until a few weeks before the wedding because we felt so clueless, and Dominic was totally great about it. And he absolutely bailed us out on the first dance where we just swayed back and forth and did a twirl or two. "Just give me a nod or a wink or whatever when you want to be done, and I'll end it," he said at a pre-planning meeting. He did just that.

Kelsey · Married on 07/16/2016

Jonathan and RedsShoe were amazing. We were planning our California wedding from our home in Boston, and Jonathan was so easy to work with via email and video chat -- he immediately made us feel comfortable, gave us some great suggestions, and ultimately made everything happen perfectly. He is incredibly professional, personable, and just knows what he is doing.

We had a good idea of the music that we wanted during the cocktail hour and dinner, and Jonathan took our huge list and turned it into a perfect playlist. We were less certain when it came to the dance party (except that we wanted it to be great!), but he knew exactly what our crowd needed and kept them on the dance floor for a full 3.5 hours. SO many people raved about how great the music selection, flow, and overall experience was.

I was most impressed by all of the things Jonathan did that we didn't notice in the moment. There was never a time when the music was too loud or soft. Every start/stop cue during the ceremony (and throughout the night) was seamless. He was just present enough to introduce us when he needed to, but blended right in and focused on the music. And when we saw him throughout the night, he was a joy to be around.

Jonathan completely understood what we were looking for -- in a DJ, as a person, and definitely adapted to our taste in music. Redshoe was easy to work with as a company, and we are so glad that we chose them/Jonathan!

Liz · Married on 06/12/2016

DJ Dom was so awesome to work with I'm not sure where to start! We knew we wanted a DJ (vs. band) but after going to so many weddings where we pretty much hated the DJs (mostly due to cheesy narratives) we turned to online reviews to start our search. RedShoe was a perfect 5 star on Yelp....seriously who has a perfect score? But these guys do and 100% because they deserve it. We opted for DJ Dom because his musical tastes mirrored ours...but I was also really focused on ensuring that we played music to mirror the events of the evening. We skyped/spoke on the phone a few times and felt like he was responsive, understood our vision, and was very accommodating when my husband sent a must-play list that was 4 hours long (for a 5 hour event....he later pared that down). Dom made our not-so-standard choices (Explosions in the Sky + the Beatles for walk down the aisle, M83 for our first dance) flow so smoothly. And we sent over starter playlists with, again, not your typical wedding music - that he played at all the right times in a way that just - worked. We had guests compliment the music during the wedding (when does that happen?!) and loved every song he played. He also served as the MC in a way that was totally appropriate but not cheesy. DJ Dom was worth every penny - and we will 100% use RedShoe (and Dom) for any future DJ needs. Highly, highly recommend them!!

Kim · Married on 06/04/2016

Ian! We were so impressed. I wanted to make sure that our wedding didn't have a cheesy band or DJ, although if that's what you're going for I'm not judging, but that's not what I wanted for our wedding. Ian did an amazing job setting the tone to start at the reception, moving to more upbeat, and then lastly to full on dance mode. He works before with you to understand your taste and then executes perfectly and making sure it never gets to slow. Not only did he play music, but he spoke at our wedding to transition dinner, speeches , dance floor, etc... I would highly recommend Ian!!!

Celia · Married on 05/14/2016

Highly recommend RedShoe, especially our DJ Jonathan! During the wedding planning process, we just KNEW music would be a priority for us since we wanted a more casual party vibe. We actually interviewed a couple DJ's before video-chatting with Jonathan and we just clicked with him right away. He seemed to just "get it" and we hired him soon after.

Working with different vendors can be difficult sometimes, but not with Jonathan! He was always very responsive with emails, suggestions, and super flexible. Flexibility is key and he knows how to read the crowd and play off everyone's vibe. Even during our wedding some of my (now) husband's friends wanted to do a impromptu dance for the his mom (a very meaningful dance for her).. they requested the song.. Jonathan found it, played it for them and it made such a special, SPONTANEOUS moment for everyone. Our mom was in tears (thanks Jonathan!!) Music was on point and the night went smoothly thanks to him.

I was looking through a video my friend sent me and there is a moment during our surprise for the groom when our friends carrying the surprise were having a hard time getting through and I see Jonathan run over to move the sign for them. Moments like this is what I mean he went above and beyond for us!

Thank you for making our party vision come true and making it special for us, our families, and friends. :)

Ashley · Married on 02/20/2016

We worked with Jonathan for our wedding and OMG was he stellar! Leading up to the wedding Jonathan worked closely with my now hubby to get just the right vibe for our night. We wanted to incorporate a lot of different music styles - classics, pop, dance, salsa, latin pop, and more. Jonathan made it work seamlessly! We danced from 8ish until 1 and not once was the dance floor empty. He really played to our interests and the guests. He also helped with some of our special moments songs - he has a great list of songs for each moment. And on top of it all, he's an all around really nice guys. Oh and he speaks Spanish! Bonus!!

Bailey · Married on 12/05/2015

We had Jonathan Rosales ("JCR") of RedShoe DJ our wedding on 12/5/15. He was absolutely incredible! He understood our music taste even when we couldn't articulate it properly. He had people of all ages dancing the entire night -- we'd go on the floor for one song and they'd stay for an hour because there was no lag in the songs he chose. Plus he worked in our love of mash-ups in his creative transitions between songs. We truly feel that Jonathan is gifted at reading the crowd and making everyone smile.

We can't recommend him more and wish we could have another wedding so we could invest in him again.

My husband and I hired Anthony, aka DJ Swon, for our wedding. I'd like to start by saying that, out of every vendor we hired, the one we had the highest expectations of was our DJ. We'd been to SO many weddings where it was nothing but the same cheesy / 'top 40' songs. BUT we had been to one wedding where the music was a super fun, eclectic mix that catered to all ages, and the party had raged into the night. So we knew wedding music COULD be awesome... we just didn't know if we could find the right person to match that experience.

I'm so happy to report that Anthony was that DJ. We were very particular with our suggestions, making hours-long playlists and meeting with him twice in advance of the wedding. He was always happy to work with us while also bringing his experience to the mix and speaking up where he felt we were going astray. We also hired him to run sound for our ceremony, and he corresponded in advance with our two friends who we hired to play live music for our processional and recessional.

We had a film theme to the wedding. During dinner, Anthony mixed a perfect playlist of movie scores, leading up to "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling", which actually caused the dance floor to be FULL before the salads were even served. It was a problem for the caterers, who couldn't serve the plated meal until everyone was seated. It's the only time out of the 10+ weddings I've gone to where I've seen the DJ have to get on the microphone to plead with people to LEAVE the dance floor. He did too good of a job for his own good!! And it should probably go without saying that the dance floor was completely full for the entirety of the post-dinner reception. I barely left it myself, and so many guests came up to me to say what a great DJ we had.

TLDR: I knew he was our guy when I told him that "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang was on the "do not play" list, and he said "I don't even have it in my library."

Kandis · Married on 09/04/2015

Hiring Redshoe was a no brainier. We heard so many amazing things, and even though they were a little out of our price range, Tony told us to meet with DJ Dom since he, at the time, was a newer DJ to the company but with lots of experience. We also met with JCR and were impressed with both guys. Even though we ended up hiring DJ Dom, we hired JCR to film our wedding since we saw his incredible work on Vimeo. And we were so happy we did! But that's another review. DJ Dom was so pleasant to work with and he made it easy to share music over spotify. The ceremony went off without any problems. During the dancing portion everyone kept coming up to me saying we had the best DJ!! Plus he kept the party going till midnight! We were all a sweaty mess by the end of the night! Success!!

• Kate

Kate · Married on 06/27/2015

Wes at RedShoe is an awesome DJ! My husband and I were lucky to have him as our wedding DJ last month.

We reached out to RedShoe after they were recommended to us by another vendor, and were immediately impressed by their professionalism and responsiveness. We had a backyard wedding, and Wes did a great job of determining how to set up his systems to make them work with the electrical circuits of the house and with the flow of our event. He sent us a few Spotify playlists from RedShoe that had awesome song ideas for different events in the night.

We had a ton of music requests, and Wes completely honored our requests while also filling in the gaps with other songs we hadn't specifically requested, but that we love! While we were taking pictures outside venue during the cocktail hour, we could hear Wes's song choices and kept thinking, "Wow, this party sounds so fun! I want to be back in there!" Wes absolutely killed it with songs and transitions during the cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. We got lots of compliments on the music. Wes was even able to play our college fight song at our request, which was a huge hit with our large crowd of college friends. For a brief moment, we even had some wedding crashers -- which we felt was a true sign of a bumpin' dance party. :)

All the while, Wes was very articulate and professional with his announcements. We paid a little more for RedShoe than we might have with some other DJs, but we are so happy we did, because Wes created such an awesome vibe for the whole evening! I'd highly recommend Wes and RedShoe.

Kristine · Married on 06/13/2015

DJ DOM (a.k.a. Dominic) just DJ'ed our 6/13/ wedding, and he absolutely slayed it. He exceeded our expectations completely, and though we originally were reluctant to spend money on a DJ it was worth every cent. Not only was he an excellent DJ and kept people dancing throughout the night, he was warm and personable, professional, organized, and so hard-working throughout the day. My fiance and I relocated to Seattle right as we began planning our wedding, and Dominic made the whole process for our music, sound, and general vibe so easy. He met with us TWICE through Skype to ensure he understood our vibe (I am admittedly a bit of a music snob) as well as capture all of the logistical nuances of our big day. Our wedding was all outdoors in a hilly private property and I saw him constantly running up and down the property to make sure all the sound was set up for our ceremony, our dinner, and our reception. The day of, I seriously didn't have to worry a bit about the music or DJ Dom because he had it completely handled and my husband and I were just free to experience the day with the rest of our guests.

I'm so relieved that I didn't just try to iPod my wedding and that I entrusted it with RedShoe. They were cheese-free, easy to work with, and have great music taste and accommodate the couples they work with as well as the guests.

Highly recommend!

Ryan · Married on 06/13/2015

Ian was the DJ at our wedding, and he is the BOMB! We met with him a couple times in advance of the wedding, and he completely got our taste in music. He had the guests on the dance floor all night long and was able to totally read the room.

I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone planning any event.

We researched several DJ groups in the LA area but were immediately taken by RedShoe. Their vision, reviews, and overall approach to weddings really stuck with us. We listened to a few playlists each DJ had to offer and decided to meet with Wes (DJ WesLee). We had one in-person meeting and signed him right away (months before our actual wedding).

Wes has a lot of enthusiasm and passion in music and his craft, and it definitely shows. The planning process leading up to the event was really collaborative and easy. We also had an on-site walk through with Wes which was extremely helpful.

Wes DJ'd our ceremony, dinner and reception for our wedding, and he exceeded all our (and our guests') expectations. He also MC'd our reception. In addition, we had specific requests for the music and timing of the music during our ceremony and reception, which Wes executed flawlessly. The sound quality was exceptional throughout the entire event.

Since then, we have received numerous compliments from our guests regarding Wes, the music, and our overall event. We would definitely choose to work with Wes again for any future events and STRONGLY recommend RedShoe, and specifically DJ WesLee, to anyone planning a wedding or any special event!

Manny Soto is the man! When planning our wedding, the music was one thing that we knew had to be good - top priority for the event was to make sure that everyone had a great time and that the dance floor was full the whole night. We were not disappointed!

From the first time we met with Manny, we knew that he was going to be great. He made sure to get a good understanding of what music we liked and what our goal for the night was, and promised there would be no cheesy wedding announcements or songs, if we didn't want them. We provided him with some Spotify lists to give him an idea of what we were thinking about and he ran with it from there.

At the event, he did a great job reading the crowd and keeping everyone dancing. His transitions were flawless and his music choices perfect. I cannot tell you how many compliments we've gotten from all of our guests about how great the music was and how much fun everyone had.

RedShoe comes at a premium price, but if the music and atmosphere are priorities for you, this is money well spent!

Emilie · Married on 10/11/2014

My husband and I are music nerds. From the beginning, we knew that our DJ was going to be a big part of the wedding experience. We wanted someone who would be able to read a crowd, someone who could move the event along without playing "MC", and someone who would integrate our musical tastes instead of just playing generic wedding music... Dominic DELIVERED! He had everyone, and I mean EVERYONE dancing. This includes (but is not limited to): my 80-something great uncle, our music snob friends, a baby in a stroller, and the super cool waiter who rocked out with us at the end of the night. Dominic is super friendly and chill, and we immediately felt at ease with him from the first Skype meeting (we planned the wedding from out of state), and he was so easy to work with. We had a blast with him and I would recommend him to anybody getting married in the LA area! 5 Stars! A++! Super Rad Thumbs Up! Go Dominic!