38 Reviews for Redondo Beach Historic Library

House Beer (2)
Liquor License (2)
Premium Liquor (2)
Specialty Beer (1)

WOW!! Great work. Love it!!!!!!!

Profile Picture User7543686, 1+ year ago, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

very nice work!!!!! Keep it up!!!

Profile Picture User7553619, 1+ year ago, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Very nice work!! Highly Creative!!!

Profile Picture User7511116, 1+ year ago, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the last venue my Husband and I looked at. On the drive home we could not stop talking about how perfect and beautiful it was. We knew we wanted have an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. It was even a sweeter surprise to have it in a historic building that used to be the town library. AND the icing on the cake was that they included a DJ, catering, and wedding cake in the package! That saved us time and energy. Big Plus! Because it can be overwhelming looking for all those things and deciding on one or the other. Another thing to mention is the Bridal room. Another plus! it was roomy and comfortable for me and my Bridal Party. I had a wonderful wedding day at Redondo Beach Historic Library. I will look back on it so fondly. It was more than I could ever dream up in my head. The staff is sweet, patient, flexible, organized, and very helpful. Our day went so smooth which is what you hope for on such a big day. The location is just beautiful. So many great spots for pictures and if you do book a wedding photographer make sure to get a sunset photo! The Redondo Beach pier is next door which is a great spot for guests to visit the day before if you have guests flying in. Choosing RBHL as our wedding venue was a great decision. I would give you 10 stars if i could!

Profile Picture Karla, 4/3/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Valet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s)

They were very flexible and responsive.

Profile Picture jacqueline, 8/22/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding this past weekend at the Redondo Beach Historic Library and it was absolutely incredible.
This was actually the first wedding venue that we looked at, but we thought that we had to see more before making a decision. WRONG! After seeing a few more, nothing even came close and so we decided to pull the trigger. It could not have been a more perfect day. Kathy was with us every step of the way. She responded thoughtfully and quickly to every question and every request. We ran with the theme of the library and used books as our centerpieces, and bookmarks for the escort cards that complimented the space perfectly. The bridal suite was also a great space for our family and to keep all of our things safe. You cannot beat the package or the price of this place. It has everything you can possibly want. Our guests were raving about the food! The cake from King's Hawaiian was absolutely delicious! The space was beautiful and requires very little to make it pop. It feel intimate without feeling cramped. We had our ceremony outside here as well and it was absolutely breath-taking! The DJ (who also comes with the venue) was a weird guy, but he played the music we wanted him to play and helped us keep the party going. I legitimately can't say enough good things about this place. Thank you for making our wedding day absolutely perfect.

Profile Picture Cara, 4/18/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Got married in March 2015 and it was absolutely perfect. I really enjoyed working with Kathy and she was responsive, professional and willing to spend extra time going over every possible detail of my wedding. I really liked that so much was included. We had a fairly large wedding, over 200 and I appreciated the price break which happens per person after you hit 200.

The ceremony was picturesque. A beautiful late afternoon ceremony just before the sunset. We had a string quartet, and they allowed us to use two of our personal bookshelves in place of a traditional portico.

The food was really good. Their prime rib really is good (mind you not Lawry's good, but still very good for being served in mass quantities to a large party). We had a seated dinner and everything went as planned. My guests enjoyed the appetizers, and the food, but the cake from Kings Hawaiian really took the cake We had the chocolate chiffon and the paradise cake. It was so good that people had seconds and besides the cake top, there was no leftovers. We opted for the premium bar package and if open bar is needed at your wedding then this is really a good deal. We really liked that we could create our own signature cocktails.

I liked that they have different size tables, so if you have some tables of 10 and some tables of 6, they will not have uniform tables so that your guests don't feel like they are missing people. I think one of the best things about the venue is the second story. We turned it into a kids floor and had babysitters let kids run around. Parents could have fun eating and dancing downstairs, and if they missed their kids go and visit them.

Lance was a fantastic DJ, he nailed everything. We gave him a list of songs and he was able to gauge the mood and switch between oldies, new stuff, salsa and even instigated several soul trains.

All in all a wonderful experience. I recommend a day of coordinator so you can sit bac

Profile Picture Shelley, 3/7/15, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s)

I love that I can pick any time I wanted and that everything is here. With the package is the drinks, caterer, cake, DJ, Valet, and decorations unless you want something else. All you need is invitations, dress, photography, and flowers if you want them.
The staff is very helpful and the facilities are great for the handicapped.

Profile Picture User3772014, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Planners, food, dj, servers, cake, decor, venue...the whole package was excellent. Very easy way to have a beautiful reception! They did an excellent job!

Profile Picture Asa, 8/29/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I just got married at the Historic Library a couple of months ago in September 2013 and all we can say is that we were extremely happy with our choice.

We picked the library after passing by it many times because we live in the South Bay and the amenities they provided. This was a perfect venue for us because it had everything we wanted and needed. Kathy, the general manager of Spectrum Catering, was very helpful and accommodating with our wedding planning. The main selling point for the library was the "one-stop-shop" plan they offered to us. The venue not only offered the venue, they had the caterer, linen, valet service, contracted bakery, and a DJ/MC. I know this isn't only our preference, but one less item for the groom and bride to think of on the wedding day is godsend.

Our guests enjoyed the great food of good portions (Kathy will work with you to make a great menu), beautiful wedding cake from the local South Bay bakery, King's Hawaiian Bakery (yes, the makers of the King's Hawaiian Sweet bread) and DJ/MC Lance. DJ Lance has years of experience, works with the couple, and MCs the entire wedding night.

Lastly, who wouldn't want a gorgeous location to finish off the epic night? As the sun sets over the Pacific Ocean the library overlooks the pier and the water. A sense of tranquility and wonder overwhelms you as you enjoy the evening with friends and family.

We're not going to say that the night went without a hitch, but the staff at Spectrum Catering helped out as much as possible. All in all we had a memorable night that my wife and I would cherish forever. Thanks Spectrum.

Profile Picture D, 9/14/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Redondo Beach Historic Library is hands down the best wedding venue in the South Bay. Everything from the food, to the service, to the ocean view were phenomenal. Kathy and Lance were incredibly accommodating and helpful through our entire experience. They were very dedicated and brought ideas to the table that made the venue even more beautiful. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone looking to get married in the South Bay.

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/20/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We imagined that planning our wedding from London would be a nightmare but thanks to Kathy and the Library team it was so easy. She basically did everything for us! We met with Kathy twice before the wedding - once to book and once for a tasting, and she was so efficient and thorough, making sure we wouldn't forget any important detail without making us feel like there was tons to do (she did it all - we just picked the fun stuff!) The food and wine were delicious, the music from Lance the DJ was spot on and we wouldn't have chosen a different venue in a million years if we did it all over again- the views were stunning for the wedding ceremony, and the room was just the right size for our 120 guests to feel close but not crammed in. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Taylor, 10/5/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough great things about the Redondo Beach Historic Library and their manager, Kathy Villa. We had a wonderful wedding there. I love that they offer an all-inclusive package - it really takes a lot of the stress out of the planning process. I believe the cost to be very reasonable considering it covers the venue rental, staff, equipment, food, drinks, cake, AND the DJ.

It is a gorgeous venue - a beautiful old building with so much class and character, overlooking the beach. They have a lovely, big bridal suite where the bridal party can get ready. The reception space is cozy but airy at the same time because of the high windows and ceilings. They still have the old bookshelves lining the walls - it's a bibliophile's dream!

Kathy is wonderful to work with, helpful, friendly, and responsive. Lance, the DJ, is a great guy who played a mix of music that kept the party going all night. The event went off without a hitch, the food and service were excellent. I would recommend this venue to anybody.

Profile Picture Melanie, 8/25/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful! Kathy and Mina worked with us and our short time frame to ensure we had the wedding of our dreams! The food was delicious, the venue was set-up beautifully, and everyone was very professional and organized. Lance, the DJ, was so much fun to work with and really listened to all of our requests. It was such a time saver (and stress saver!) to have our venue, valet parking, catering, cake, tables & linens, and DJ taken care of in one fell swoop!

Profile Picture Mandy, 8/19/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ

Our wedding was last weekend at the Redondo Beach Historic Library and it was amazing! The catering coordinator, Kathy, was open to all of our unique ideas (6 foot sub sandwiches, all apps reception, fewer seats than guests to encourage mingling, hot cocoa for guests before ceremony, etc) and made it happen flawlessly! She was available for all my questions and very responsive to our requests. The location is GORGEOUS! We had the ceremony outside overlooking the ocean with waves crashing as the sun was setting...beautiful. And the reception hall was perfect for a 200 person party. I got so many compliments on the venue and am thrilled we picked RBHL.

Profile Picture Ann, 2/19/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ

So glad we chose RBHL for our wedding ceremony and reception. They take care of everything except photography, videography and floral arrangements, so it made planning easy! All our guests talked about how delicious the food was and how friendly the staff was! They even accommodated our vegan guests, who all raved about the tofu stir fry they were served. And of course everyone loved the gorgeous ocean view. Such a great deal!

Profile Picture Karen, 9/24/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

I loved this venue for my wedding. I planned a wedding from out of town and it was really nice that everything was included like the catering, wedding planner, DJ, chairs and tables, bar, and cake. Kathy did a fabulous job and was very responsive. Lance was the best DJ. Not only did he stick to our recommended music list but he also learned an Israeli dance to teach to our guests. Could not have asked for a better venue. Price was right and the views were beautiful.

Profile Picture Leah, 7/3/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Had my wedding here not too long ago. Kathy was a delight to work with and she is very accommodating and very responsive to emails. Food is very good and value is actually quite good compared to other venues in the area. Venue is beautiful if the weather cooperates! Guests had an amazing time. This is an all-inclusive venue, which was why we went for this location. Very helpful for those of us who don't don't decide to go with wedding planners. The venue will take care of most of that for you. The DJ Lance is really awesome. He can handle pretty much anything and can get the party going for you! Highly recommend this venue. Veterans park is really pretty. I highly recommend having an outdoor ceremony if you pick this venue so you can enjoy the beautiful outdoor view that this place has to offer. You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture User5185229, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughters wedding was this past weekend and I cannot tell you how beautiful and perfect everything was. Kathy Villa, the coordinator was extremely helpful and so supportive whenever we needed her or her advise. After our final meeting before the "Big Day", I left there feeling so reassured that everything was going to be just perfect, and it was all left in good hands. It was also helpful that most of the services needed for a wedding were included in one price! We only had to get flowers, a photographer and someone for videos. The DJ , Lance, was also very helpful in keeping our day of timeline down to the minuet. The food was amazing . All our guest enjoyed themselves very much. It was an amazing wedding and we are so glad that we found them! I would highly recommend them to anyone!!

Profile Picture Teresa, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Perfect for a ceremony of any size. I had about 50 people and it was perfect. I am so happy we picked this historic place.

Profile Picture User7851845, Recently Married, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My fiancé wanted an ocean view wedding, and I wanted a vintage style wedding, so we were so excited when we found the RBHL. We live right in the South Bay, and were surprised to find such an awesome venue in our neighborhood. The managers and staff are super nice and accommodating. Kathy was very patient, even when I had to change the head count 6 times the day before the wedding! Everyone raved about the quality (and quantity) of the food and cake, and even with the open bar, our total bill was very reasonable. So happy we had our wedding at the RBHL, and recommend it to anyone else looking to have an ocean/vintage themed wedding!

Profile Picture Kristi, 10/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access

We had our wedding at the Redondo Beach Historic Library on 9/18/2016, and it was everything we hoped for. We researched almost every wedding venue in LA and visited many, and RBHL was the only venue that felt just right. It's a beautiful venue that offers so much to couples and guests!

THE GREAT: That gorgeous view. The elegant classy indoor space that requires minimal additional decor. Outdoor cocktail reception--so worth the extra cost to allow your guests to relax outside and enjoy more of that view! The location which makes it easy for guests to enjoy the surrounding area. Efficient valet services. Extremely responsive to messages. Lance Bork the DJ--he is amazing--knows how to keep the party flowing and really listens to your priorities!

THE GOOD: Lots of compliments on the food. The alcohol packages were good value. Lots included (cake, DJ, etc.)

Profile Picture Kim, 9/18/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Got married here at the beginning of August. It was by far the most beautiful wedding venue we could have picked!
STAFF - Kathy and the rest of the staff at the Library were so wonderful! I e-mailed Kathy a lot with various questions, and she always got back to me within a few hours. She was so helpful and genuinely wanted to make our wedding as good as it could be. The waiters were so attentive and accommodating. Many guests commented on how great everyone was.

CEREMONY - We had our ceremony outside on the grass area right next to the Library, overlooking the ocean. My husband and I really wanted a waterside ceremony and this was the most perfect place to have it.

COCKTAIL HOUR - Our cocktail hour was also outside, at the back of the building, even closer to the ocean than the ceremony. Most of our guests were from out of state so getting to experience a truly classic California beachside wedding was a highlight for them.

RECEPTION - I can't say enough how beautiful the inside of the library is! The huge floor to ceiling windows on the sides and back of the building are gorgeous, as well as the electric candles and empty bookcases (which leaves a lot of room for decorating). We had about 150 people at our wedding and it did not feel to crowded or to big, it was literally the perfect size!

FOOD - Included in the cost is the food, provided by Spectrum Catering and cooked in-house. The portions and the quality were INCREDIBLE. So many of our guests commented on how great the food was.

DJ - Lance is their contracted dj and is also included in the price. He was wonderful! We asked him to do a specific dance where he leads all the guys in crazy dance moves. He had never done it before but was more than willing to try it. It ended up being a success and that really got the party going. Lance was great at keeping the music and energy high, and encouraged everyone to get up on the dance floor!

My husband and I have no regrets choosing this venue!!

Profile Picture Rachel, 8/8/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married in July 2015. We had an amazing wedding! The staff was helpful and professional on the day of the wedding. My husband and I had our own table and our waiter took absolute care of us! The experience with RBHL was exactly what we wanted. We had a few vegetarians and a guest who is vegen and the catering took care of these guests with ease and precision. The venue is beautiful. When comparing this venue to others we considered, RBHL won out because of the following:
1. Beautiful Location
2.Ease of what's included in the contract (DJ, Valet, Food, cake, chairs, tables...)
3. Rainy Day Plan
4. Responsiveness to e-mails/questions
5. Allowed us multiple visits
6. The whole space was ours without other venue "traffic"

The only downside to me was that we could not pick what we wanted to taste at our tasting. There is a set menu. I also wish prices were included on menu for the "day of" to add items a la carte.

I would definitely recommend this venue to any bride who wants a seamless beach wedding without any sand involved.

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/3/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Signature Drink, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Valet, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Set Up