Red Wave Weddings Reviews

39 | Madison, WI

39 Reviews for Red Wave Weddings

Kirsten Casey · Married on 08/31/2019

Amazing in every way!

We hired Kris and his team for our wedding and we were blow away!! This team means business. They are extremely professional, hardworking and personable!

They went above and beyond for us as I wanted to do our first look about 15 minutes from the venue. Kris offered to drive me there and back to make the logistics work / my wish a reality! My husband and I are usually a bit out of our comfort zone while in front of a camera. Kris and his team made it so fun and comfortable for us all day!! They truly made the whole experience absolutely amazing! Kris is more than a photographer, he runs the wedding day smoothly and make sure you have amazing memories to look back on. I am so thankful for him and his team!!

Sent on 09/10/2019

Kacy · Married on 08/24/2019

Incredible!

We hired Kris and the team at Red Wave after a friend of mine, who was also getting married, recommended them. Instantly, my fiance and I knew that Kris was the guy for us. His work stood out among all of the photographers I talked to and researched. From the moment we hired him, Kris was attentive, responsive, and had a positive, happy attitude. We felt instantly at ease with him and were amazed by his professionalism, attention to detail, and dedication to getting the perfect shot. There are many examples of this but one that sticks out is when we asked him to do a quick, last minute shot for us at the end of our engagement picture shoot. Kris was not only willing but, he made sure every detail (including the menu) was perfect in order to make sure the shot that we wanted came out perfect! On the day of our wedding, Kris was on his game for the entire 8+ hours he was with us. He made sure we remained on schedule, he got every shot we wanted (plus I am confident a ton more), had creative ideas, and again- the attention to detail was incredible. We are so excited to see all of our pictures from our wedding as we know Kris (and Alton and Sierra) captured all of our precious moments and memories.

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Tricia

Tricia B · Married on 06/15/2019

Best wedding photographers ever!

Red Wave Weddings was amazing! We did a lot of research on photography because we wanted someone who could shoot amazing pictures outdoors and in low light inside due to our ceremony and reception locations. I also wanted to avoid photographers that looked like they just slap the same moody instagram filter on everything. Kris and Alton delivered far beyond our expectations (we have our sneak peek album so far, but they had it ready literally at the reception - there was a slideshow up of our ceremony pics/portraits up already by the time dinner was done!). They were so easy, kind, and calm, and had such great energy. Our sneak peek pictures are INCREDIBLE. I’m so excited to see all the pictures when they’re done with final edits! We can’t rave enough about how great Kris and Alton are.

Sent on 06/21/2019

Jade · Married on 06/30/2018

Awesome photography

When we started our planning process, we knew we did not want to have an "ordinary" photographer, who would be there to capture the standard shots for a wedding. With Red Wave we were able to get unique photos tailored to us as a couple. Kris is a master, and is extremely passionate about his work. We met up earlier in the week to discuss must-have photos as well as details for the first look and other important moments. Kris is flexible and works with you to capture what is important to you. We had a great time with Kris and his second shooter Kyle. Our photos are beautiful and help capture our day just as we hoped to.

Sent on 11/22/2018

Mark · Married on 09/03/2017

Absolutely incredible ! If I had 10 stars I would give it to Kris from Red Wave Pictures. He is truly an artist and a brilliant wedding photographer. My wife and I got married on September 3rd and I am so happy that we chose Red Wave to capture the day. Both Kris and his second shooter, Alton (who was equally as brilliant behind the camera), were able to capture our true personalities without us even knowing. We were completely at ease with them around, and we even shared a few laughs. The pictures that they shot are phenomenal - creative, natural, crisp, and with a perfect white balance. Kris goes outside of the box with his composition and tries to capture the shot that nobody else would. Being a bit of a photographer myself, and having spend a lot of time at photo shoots, I am pretty critical of the work I see. These guys exceeded everyone one of my expectations. I cannot say enough good things about the memories with which they provided us. I am forever grateful that we were lucky enough to have them on our big day. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Sent on 09/09/2017

Lori · Married on 09/03/2017

Kris’s work speaks for itself. He is also very polite and professional. But most important, Kris captured candid shots that convey such a broad range of emotions – happiness, excitement, love, joy, and sentiment. Those will likely be the ones we’ll cherish most. He’s wonderful.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Sara · Married on 08/05/2017

We are so happy we chose Red Wave Pictures. Our photographers were so easy to work with and made the whole picture taking process fun! The pictures turned out beautiful! They captured so many wonderful moments and it is so fun to relive the day through their amazing photos. Red Wave Pictures was the best vendor at our wedding day!

Sent on 09/07/2017

andrea · Married on 05/29/2016

Working with Kris and the Red Wave staff was the best decision we made for our wedding. They were extremely professional, flexible, and creative, and helped support us throughout the day by taking charge and making sure that everything stayed on track. Kris anticipated all of our needs before we knew about them, and I was truly floored by the pictures he shot for us. Highly recommend for weddings or any other photography need! We'll be calling on him for years to come!!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Red Wave shot my Madison WI fall wedding amazingly. Met with Kris the week of the wedding to organize what pictures we really wanted so we could make the most out of the time we had with the photographers. On the big day both Kris and Ben were very professional. They used the space we had in the church and reception venue amazingly, and we were able to get beautiful candid shots that truly captured the emotions throughout the day without it feeling like a camera was shoved in your face. One of the nicest things is Red Wave sets up a slide show of the pictures they have already taken during the reception! It was really nice to have guests stop me throughout the night and tell me how beautiful the photos were.
    I would highly recommend Red Wave, they are courteous, professional, and take incredible pictures.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Rose · Married on 10/12/2014

I had a wonderful experience with RedWave. Before the wedding I was contacted by the lead photographer, Kyle, and we talked about important shots and what I wanted from them on the day of. I had two photographers the whole day, which was incredible. We took pre wedding photos of the bridal party and then the photographers took candid photos throughout the entire wedding. I heard many of my guests exclaim at how the photographers seemed like they were capturing everything - like magic, they were everywhere! To top it off they even managed to edit a small slideshow of photos during dinner that they put up at the dance! It was a great experience with some great photographers - you will have nothing to worry about if you are working with RedWave.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Katie · Married on 10/10/2014

I got married in Chicago in October 2014. I knew as soon as I got engaged that I wanted to use Red Wave. They photographed a friend's wedding, and I loved the pictures. Since Red Wave is based in Madison, I knew we would have to splurge for the biggest package and pay for hotel accommodations. My husband was a bit skeptical because of the price, and I started to feel a bit uneasy about it. However, as soon as we saw the first few pictures, we immediately knew it was worth it! Pictures are the memories that you can see, and what we will be able to show our kids one day. The pictures are so phenomenal, and working with Ben and Kris was a dream. They were fun, professional, and willing to go anywhere! It was mid October in Chicago, and I wanted fall colors. Kris and Ben found colors for us and amazingly worked them into our photos. Everyone looks natural, and there are no contrived poses that look cheesy. I highly recommend Red Wave for anyone getting married or for any event that needs a photographer. You will most certainly be happy with your experience!

Sent on 10/16/2014

Graham & Kristin · Married on 07/19/2014

We worked with Kris throughout the entire planning process and he was wonderful. He is so easy to work with and has such a passion for what he does. Red Wave photography is worth every penny you might spend on them, and in comparison they were very competitively priced for what you get. Kris and Lorenzo were the shooters for our big day and we could not have asked for better pictures or service. They edit and create a slideshow right then and their at your wedding and will play it for you and your guests on their laptop, as well as post them to facebook. We have gotten so many compliments from everyone we know on those photos and we love them too; we cannot wait to see what the rest of them look like. We have nothing but good things to say about the photos and service. If you are looking for a group of photographers that know how to capture the emotions of a wedding and not just take pictures of people but truly capture the emotions of the day these are the guys to do it. One of our family members used them for their wedding as well and the quality and service was phenomenal at their wedding too. They are truly passionate about what they do and want it to be perfect for you. The wedding is one day, but the pictures last for ever and Red Wave Photography is who I will recommend to all of my friends, family and colleagues.

Sent on 08/19/2014

Kate · Married on 04/12/2014

We had Lukas and Kyle as our photographers and they were incredible. We were able to go to more shooting locations in the time allotted because they strove for variety. We love candids and fun shots, and they nailed it! Seeing the slide show at the reception was so cool because it slowed us down just a little bit and allowed us to take stock in how special the day was. These guys were fun, down to earth, and loosened everyone up. Our group was hard to wrangle (18 people who like to party) but they did it and we were even ahead of schedule! There was even a time or two that the groom and I were teasing each other (he doesn't take pictures well and so he hates them) and Lukas and Kyle loosened him up and made him look amazing! Great shots, great angles, more variety than we planned...they nailed it. Still waiting on the complete collection of photos but I seriously doubt I will be disappointed!

Sent on 04/14/2014

Carrie · Married on 03/23/2014

My husband and I couldn't be happier with the work Red Wave did capturing our wedding day. Lukas and Kris shot our wedding and they were incredible to work with. They were upbeat, creative and attentive to our needs. They blended in perfectly with our day. We love our pictures and highly recommend Red Wave.

Sent on 04/25/2014

Jamie · Married on 09/07/2013

Red Wave did both our engagement and wedding photography. Kyle and Lorenzo were amazing to work with. They were organized, arrived early and made sure the photos were done in a timely manner. They captured photos of details i would have never imagined and absolutely amazed me. They put together a slideshow of the day so far and had it playing at the reception for guests to view. They also emailed me within one hour of leaving to send a link for a sneak peak of my photos to view. They were professional, personable, and very talented individuals. I would highly recommend them to any couple getting married.

Sent on 09/08/2013

Danielle · Married on 08/10/2013

Lukas and Lorenzo traveled to Chicago to partake in our entire wedding day from start to finish. Below are the most notable observations:
    1) Lukas and Lorenzo managed to be in the position to capture every moment of our wedding day without making their presence known. They allowed the day to happen on its own without the need to orchestrate or pose pictures. Yet, they still managed to capture every moment. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of pictures I never would have imagined were taken.
    2) Lukas and Lorenzo are extremely skilled and creative in their photography. We knew in choosing the photography location for group pictures, the beauty of the scene did not matter as they knew how to capture a gorgeous image in the most unique and seemingly simple of places.
    3) Lukas and Lorenzo were extremely professional. They knew how to manage the church, the other vendors, and the reception location to be accommodating to the process yet still enable them to capture their photos. Furthermore, they individually reached out to both sets of parents as those hosts to thank them for their meals and selection as our photographer. Each set of parents was floored by their respectfulness and poise.
    4) The photographers did a slideshow of pictures taken up until the point of the reception to have on display near the dance floor. We were glad to be able to see the progress of the great pictures taken. We also could not believe how many people spent time looking at them and commented on how wonderful the pictures were.
    5) The final product was more than we could have asked for. We have a wonderful array of pictures to choose from that are beautifully taken and skillfully edited. The Mother of the Bride broke her arm the week of the wedding. By the pictures, you would have never known.

We are blessed to have had them as part of our wedding day!

Sent on 12/05/2013

Sarah · Married on 06/01/2013

Kris and Lorenzo did an AMAZING job at our wedding. We are so grateful for the amazing pictures and the way they were able to catch the moments and the feeling of the day perfectly. They edit and post 50 pictures during the reception for guests to see and then post them online right away. My friends and family loved being able to see the pictures of the day so fast and many have asked me the name of the photographer for their weddings. The photographers were so easy to work with and were very professional. I am recommending Red Wave to all of my friends, we were so lucky to have them at our wedding!

Sent on 06/14/2013

Josh · Married on 05/11/2013

Kris and Red Wave Pictures are the kind of photographers and people you want on your wedding day! They are helpful, responsive, and best of all, conscious of time and taking direction when needed. Kris spent a large amount of time working with us in advance of the wedding to ensure we got all the photos we wanted. After seeing the 1800+ pictures, we were happy to find everything and more. The team is fantastic about posing and providing interesting environments above and beyond the classic wedding day pictures. They capture timeless moments and work to ensure all the small details do not unnoticed. Best of all, these guys understand and are fun! They are efficient, yet take the quality time needed to ensure big moments do not go photographed. We recommend Red Wave on all levels, and you will not be disappointment in their craft, professionalism, and fun on your special day.

Sent on 06/28/2013

Laura · Married on 04/06/2013

Thank you guys so much, these pictures are amazing and I couldn't have asked for anything better. You captured the spirit and the joy of the day. On top of that, all the moments were captured so distinctly and delicately... really impressive. You all were fantastic and so much fun to work with!

Sent on 06/08/2013

Megan · Married on 09/15/2012

We cannot say enough about Red Wave! Kris and Kyle were a dream to work with - so creative, easy going, professional, considerate, and their patience was unending! Even when our wedding was an hour late they were both taking advantage of every second and they were right by our sides to let us know everything was just fine and helping us have fun. Its obvious through their quality and preparation that they love what they do and that definitely translates to the photos - its always good to have good vibes behind one of the most emotional days of your life! We loved how they picked up on every little detail of our wedding and reception and seemed to capture the things that were most important to us even though we hadn't given them a comprehensive list - and all with us barely noticing! Upon looking through our photos we were pleasantly surprised when we found many that we had no idea were taken, even the close ups during the ceremony. Best of all these guys are not the stuffy photographers that stick to the walls and leave exactly at contract end time - they became part of our experience, sharing so much fun and energy, all while barely being noticed. They were a pleasure to work with throughout the whole day and we cannot thank them enough!!

Sent on 11/07/2012

Ryan · Married on 08/18/2012

We couldnt be more impressed with Redwave Pictures. From our first meeting at the time of our engagement pictures, Kris was great at keeping in touch and helping us along with the whole process. We had a meeting just a couple of days before the wedding, and could really tell how dedicated Redwave is to doing the best for each event. We had the day planned in advance and with the photographers and felt very comfortable with everything. On the day of the wedding, the photographers from Redwave were amazing. Very easy going, very knowledgeable and they have the photographers eye for some amazing photos. An hour of taking photos with these guys seems like 5 minutes. It was so fun and relaxing and unpressured. But most importantly, the photos turned out great. We must say, Redwave was defintiely a great part of our wedding experience. You will not be disappointed. Thanks Redwave!

Sent on 11/07/2012

Affordable prices, high quality photos - you can't beat it! We had two photographers (Lukas and Kyle) and one videographer (Matt) for our wedding day and all three were very professional, relaxed, and unobtrusive. The morning of the wedding I was super nervous but the photographers' calm nature and light-hearted humor helped to put me at ease. There was a small fee for them to travel outside of the Madison area, but it was so worth it! During the dinner they edited a few photos from the day and then played a slideshow of 20-30 pictures during the dancing. Everyone loved it! Because of their journalistic style, they are great at finding creative shots in any setting. We could not have been happier with the finished product. The day after our wedding, photos were posted on their Facebook page to easily share with family and friends. Communication was prior to the wedding was simple and responses from them were prompt. What impressed me the most is the fact that they checked in with me frequently prior to the wedding to make sure they understood exactly what I was looking for in my wedding photography. I would HIGHLY recommend Red Wave Photography

Sent on 11/06/2012

Meagan · Married on 01/07/2012

I can't recommend Red Wave enough. We had looked over nearly every photographer in the area and were ready to go with a different company when we happened to meet a Red Wave photographer through a mutual friend. We checked out their photos and were immediately impressed, especially given how low their rates were for the quality of the photos, and decided to go with them. This was one of the best decisions we made for the wedding. They were relaxed, fun to work with, and extremely unobtrusive--I don't even know how they got some of the photos without us noticing they were there. The photos are all beautiful: the composition of the portraits is fantastic, and I'm even more impressed with the ability of the photographers to capture emotion in their candids. They really have artist's eyes.

Sent on 02/22/2012

Matt · Married on 08/06/2011

Great photographers. And a great value. Know what they are doing and are super friendly guys!

Sent on 09/03/2011

Hilde · Married on 05/28/2010

I had a wonderful wedding day, and I have the pictures from Red Wave to prove it! I didn't just get a handful of nice pictures either, but dozens and dozens. I tend to feel self conscious in front of a camera. But, I really enjoyed working with the photographers; they were polite, helpful and just fun to work with, which made it easier to relax for the pictures. They really listed to what I asked for, then made it even better. For example, during my meeting with Red Wave I had mentioned that there aren't many pictures of my mom, she hates having her picture taken. When we got our pictures I found not only several nice "posed" pictures, but the photographer had made sure to get several candid photos of my mom from the reception. I love my location pictures and posed pictures with family and friends, but the candid photos Red Wave took are just amazing and really captured the fun everyone was having. I would very much recommend Red Wave Photography!

Sent on 07/10/2011