Red Velvet Sounds Reviews

16 | Brighton, MA

16 Reviews for Red Velvet Sounds

Susan · Married on 02/24/2017

We used Red Velvet Sounds for a Swiss presentation with Traditional Music, they were wonderful. Gabriela's voice is amazing. This is one of the best programs that we have experienced. Thank your for your wonderful work!

Sent on 02/27/2017

John · Married on 01/27/2017

I hired Gabriela and Red Velvet Sounds to perform at a museum fundraiser, and I couldn't have been happier! She has a beautiful voice, a top notch band, and great stage presence. Performing a wide range of jazz standards and some forgotten gems, our guests were thrilled. I highly recommend booking Red Velvet Sounds for your next event immediately!

Sent on 02/06/2017

Susie · Married on 01/26/2017

Gabriela performed at a private corporate event I planned. The music selection was excellent and she is a beautiful singer. She was a joy to work with, and I highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 02/03/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/26/2016

Great sounding and looking band for any type of classy events! Smooth jazzy sounds, they look contemporary and cool, and were easy to work with. Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/02/2016

ES · Married on 10/22/2016

My husband and I recently worked with Red Velvet Sounds for our wedding celebration on October 22, 2016. We found them online and after reading the glowing reviews and watching their video clips, we decided to book them. We found their pricing to be very reasonable and Gabriela worked with us to accommodate our needs and the layout of our venue. We ended up booking a jazz duo for the cocktail hour and a four-piece jazz band for dinner and dessert. Their music was just perfect for our event-- lighter jazz music during dinner and then picking the pace with some favorite rock/pop songs afterwards. We had mentioned bands that we liked, but didn't request specific songs, so I was so thrilled when they played the Stones' "Wild Horses" and "Paint It Black." Gabriela was timely and responsive to e-mails and I was very impressed with their professionalism. Also, the music was fantastic! Our guests commented on how much they loved the band and the music choice throughout the evening. One of my favorite moments of the whole evening was during the last dance-- Gabriela sang "At Last" as a huge group of our friends circled around us on the dance floor swaying and singing along. I would highly recommend them to any couple planning a wedding-- or anyone in need of music for an event. Thank you Red Velvet Sounds for making our celebration so memorable!

Sent on 10/25/2016
  • F

Fredrik · Married on 09/17/2016

Gabriela and her quintet were consummate professionals from the planning stages of our wedding party all the way until the last notes of their mesmerizing performance. Responsive, flexible, on time, and most importantly, simply an incredible band whose repertoire fit our wedding perfectly. Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Kevin · Married on 09/10/2016

I hired Red Velvet Sounds to play at my wedding. I should explain. I'm a music snob and do not live in the area. So I scoured the internet to find the perfect band to perform for our big night. As you may know, the right band can really make the night special. Even though I'd never seen them perform, I was impressed with the videos, professionalism, and courteousness of Gabriela as soon as the process began.

The wedding was incredible. I had people in their 60's and people in their 20's telling me it was the best band they'd ever heard perform at a reception. As evidence of this, from the beginning of the set to the end, people were on the dance floor. During dinner, the music was soft enough to enjoy conversations with people at our tables. Afterwards, there wasn't a moment when the dance floor wasn't packed.

Red Velvet Sounds also paid attention to every song we listed ahead of time that we wanted to hear during our big night. They were incredible. And man could they Play!

All in all, I am so glad to have made the decision to book them. I fully endorse them to anyone else considering any event. They made a perfect day even better.

Sent on 09/14/2016

Gabriela and her band absolutely MADE our party! Everyone loved the music and people talked about what a great band they were for weeks after the event. Not only did they play great music and interact with the crowd wonderfully, but when the evening got a bit cooler than expected, they quickly moved inside our venue and set up in a corner and rocked the room! Thank you so much to Red Velvet Sound for making our party a HUGE hit! We will definitely use them again and again!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Red Velvet Sounds's reply:

Thank YOU so much for having us Red Velvet Sounds as your band for the night! We had a blast and you and your guests were absolutely fabulous to entertain. So much fun to play some good music for a fun crowd! Thanks and hopefully until soon again :-)

vivienne · Married on 06/11/2016

I was so happy that Gabriella was available to perform as a special guest at our celebration last summer, she really made it an unforgettable event.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Sophie · Married on 05/22/2016

I have worked with Gabriela several times and it is always such a pleasure. She is a wonderful professional and the band is also phenomenal. It is always refreshing and inspiring to listen to and feel their energy, can't wait to experience it again!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Barry · Married on 05/17/2016

We used Red Velvet Sounds for a corporate event with all the CEO's of the Cable TV Networks Cable Industry Insiders and the band did an awesome job entertaining the crowd. Band was great!

Sent on 12/06/2016
  • I

Iain · Married on 03/14/2016

I have to say that the band was very professional with fantastic communication throughout. Thank you Gabriela and the rest of the band!

Red Velvet Sounds's reply:

Oh, thank YOU for choosing Red Velvet Sounds! It was wonderful working with you and the musicians and myself enjoyed that night so much, they're still talking about it! Thanks again and hopefully we'll get to play at one of your events again.

Kristen · Married on 01/05/2016

Wonderful to work with!
    “I would definitely recommend Red Velvet Sounds to my colleagues and others looking for an affordable, professional, high-quality group!”
    -Kristen T., Wheaton College, Norton, MA

Hi Kristen,

I hope you’re doing well?

Thank you so so much for doing this for us! We would love to play some music for you and your guests again sometime in the nearer future! Hopefully we’ll see you soon in Boston!

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Lori · Married on 10/20/2015

What an amazing night we had listening to the wonderful songs so elegantly played by the band and sung by this incredibly talented artist Gabriela Martina. I would recommend that you hire this band immediately for your event!!! I listened to many demo tracks from local arts for our corporate event in Boston and Gabriela and her band members stood out immediately. They were the perfect choice. Throughout my time dealing with Gabriela, her professionalism and response time were fantastic and was so easy to work with. Our guests were extremely complimentary of the band’s talent and song selection. This group has a bright future!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Hi Lori,

I hope this finds you well?

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Ryan · Married on 08/01/2015

Talented, Original, Flexible All in 1!!
    We approached Gabriela, the lead to Red Velvet Sounds, and asked if she’d be willing and able to play with someone that could do the traditional Indian music and sounds. We were absolutely blown away with what she came up with! And she was happy and willing to even host us in a session at a live studio in Somerville before our event just to show us and let us hear what they came up with to make sure we were happy. Talk about going out of your way for happy customers:)
    All of our guests were absolutely blown away with the band, how well they played together, the Indian and American music, it all was so fantastic. We’re so appreciative and would highly recommend them for any and all events! Gabriela was personable, easy to work with, very flexible, and extremely considerate. All in all, a great experience!

Sent on 09/08/2016

mark · Married on 04/09/2016

“I hired the band recently for one of my corporate clients and they did a great job for me; Gabriela was easy to work with and kept in contact with me through the entire process! I would certainly hire them again!”
    -Mark L., Boston, MA

Hi Mark,

Thank you so so much having Red Velvet Sounds as one of your bands for the night! It was so much fun and I really got the feeling that the crowd loved to dance all night long. We would love to play some music for you and your guests again sometime in the nearer future!

Hopefully until sometime soon. Enjoy the rest of your summer!