Red Velvet Event Dj's & Photo Booth Reviews

56 | Carol Stream, IL

56 Reviews for Red Velvet Event Dj's & Photo Booth

Julie · Married on 10/05/2018

I cannot say enough good things about Red Velvet Entertainment! So professional, so accommodating, so fun, hard working, great personality, made everything so easy for me when things felt overwhelming! Handled last minute requests seamlessly, additional lighting package was amazing, just thank you so much for everything! It wouldn't have been the same without you. I want to get married again, just so Cris can DJ :)

• Alli

Alli · Married on 09/23/2018

Cannot Recommend DJ Red Velvet Enough!

Cris did such an incredible job DJ'ing our wedding! He is professional, fun, organized, and flexible - all the things you'd want in a DJ! He was thorough in helping us prep everything before the wedding and made everything go so smoothly day-of. He came so prepared and ultimately helped make our wedding day perfect! Cannot recommend him enough!

Kasti · Married on 09/01/2018

A freaking mazing
    Everyone raves about the DJ and he did an AWESOME job. He even offered to run to target when we thought we needed a cord for our slideshow
    Would recommend 10/10 every single time

• Kisha

LaKisha · Married on 08/11/2018

Cris was AMAZING!!! We could not have found a better DJ to mix our styles of music together, from Hip Hop to Country to Jazz and back to Rap. He was so easy to work with, we just picked our music and he made it the soundtrack of our day! Truly a genuinely nice person! We look forward to using him for other events!

Cassidy · Married on 07/13/2018

Very organized and informative. Was able to be patient with me and always had a bright smile! I would highly recommend Cris to anyone and would hire him again for anything. I'm really grateful for all his help!

Gabrielle · Married on 07/07/2018

If he is available for your wedding or event--BOOK HIM!!!!!!!Cris was literally my FAVORITE day-of vendor for my wedding. Though we had spoken on the phone and over email leading up to our wedding, I didn't meet him in person until I got to the venue before our ceremony. I had a great feeling about hiring Cris and Red Velvet from the start, but man did he exceed my expectations! He totally listened to our "do-not" playlist, and all of our requested songs. more importantly he stood up for me when some guests requested songs that we didn't want to play or if we weren't feeling the vibe of a guest-requested song, he looked to me to see if I wanted it to keep playing or not. Cris was personable, professional, and fun! He was the DJ that made the show, not a DJ who tried to be the show. (we interviewed a few that wanted to sing and preform...) so we were beyond thrilled with Red Velvet Entertainment!!! so many of my guests told me how much they loved his skills--so we are very VERY happy with our choice in choosing him!

Melissa · Married on 06/09/2018

Cris is an absolutely amazing DJ. We had an initial phone consultation in which we discussed the contract and pricing, and then had a details meeting about 2 weeks before our actual wedding. Cris is very personable and engaging which makes him a great MC. We filled out a details sheet beforehand with some requests and important songs to play during the ceremony, but otherwise let Cris be creative--he did such an amazing job and our dance floor was rocking! People were able to make live requests which he effortlessly worked into the current tempo he was playing. We really enjoyed working with him and would definitely recommend for your wedding. The wedding timeline was something I was struggling with and Cris offered to make a detailed timeline for us that I was able to share with all of our vendors and was much appreciated. He goes above and beyond and you won't regret hiring him!

Megan · Married on 05/12/2018

Choosing a DJ was one of the most important decisions for us as we were wedding planning and Chris was everything we ever hoped for and more!! Chris kept the dance floor packed and was so accommodating in everything we asked for. When talking to our guests, everybody wanted to know more about the DJ because everyone thought he was absolutely amazing! My maid of honor is even planning to use him for her wedding in Wisconsin next year. Chris kept everything simple for us and allowed us to just enjoy both the planning process and the night itself. If we could do our wedding over again, we would book him in a heartbeat. I cannot even fully express how awesome he was. Thank you Chris for simply doing your thing for our wedding. We had a blast!!

Thera · Married on 05/04/2018

Cris was an absolute pleasure to work with! He was extremely responsive and helpful when it comes to the planning process. His helpful nature and relaxed attitude really helped ensure that the event went off smoothly and was not stressful. Our guests had a great time with the photobooth that he organized and we even received a USB with all of the photos from the photobooth which were so much fun to look at & keep for the memories. We had several family members and friends complement him on his music selection and abilities as an MC. Thank you again!

Shaina · Married on 04/28/2018

Cris was an amazing DJ! We had so many compliments about the music after our wedding and he was the perfect MC. Great communication and easy to work with! We would highly recommend him if you want the party dancing all night!

Luis · Married on 04/13/2018

Chris made the night. He work with us. Easy to get along with. Best dj to me. Perfect for your wedding. Dont look anywhere else. He's your dj.

Patrick · Married on 04/08/2018

Cris was a great fit for our wedding. Well dressed, friendly, passionate, and professional. I highly recommend his DJ services and will look to him the next time we need a DJ.

Rachel · Married on 03/24/2018

Cris was fantastic! We set up an initial meeting with him and right away we knew he was our guy! He helped with ceremony and reception, and did a great job blending our favorites with classic wedding music, getting the crowd dancing the entire time. His setup looked professional and he was so nice to interact with throughout the night. Would highly recommend his services - and his cost is great for the budget-friendly wedding!

Callie · Married on 03/23/2018

Cris was a pleasure to work with. Not only was the pricing for his services the best I found in the Chicagoland area, he was also so easy to work with and super accommodating. I know my guests had a great time because he had them dancing all night, which was the most important part to me! Definitely the best deal and service you'll find for your wedding or event.

Mark · Married on 01/06/2018

Cris was our DJ for the wedding and we couldn't be happier with the service! We could tell we made the right choice when we met with him for the first time. He was very attentive and outgoing; which is a huge for a DJ. During our wedding he kept us informed of when things would happen ( garter toss/ speeches and etc) throughout the night. His song selections were perfect; our guests were dancing all night long. I would highly recommend Red Velvet Entertainment to anyone looking for a DJ on their special day.

KRISTEN · Married on 12/30/2017

We could not be more pleased with our experience with Cris. He just DJ’d our wedding this past weekend and he was perfect! He is an absolute professional and true artist. He expertly reads the room and keeps the party going! His equipment is top notch - the sound is beautiful! The venue and our photographer were so impressed as well, and that says a lot because you know they experience a lot of DJs. We seriously want to have another party just so he can DJ!

Les · Married on 12/01/2017

Cris did an amazing job for our 150 person wedding. I love how everything you need is included in the package and he is so easy to work with. Not to mention, and awesome DJ and MC on the mic. Thank you for the best night ever!

A · Married on 11/11/2017

Cris was a great dj and played a wide variety of music to keep our guests on the dance floor. We would highly recommend working with Cris, he was very professional and personable!

Tony · Married on 10/28/2017

Cris Cruz was the DJ of our wedding reception/dance on October 28, 2017, and he absolutely crushed it! We only needed light MC-ing during the cocktail hour and dinner, and Cris did a great job keeping things moving without being intrusive. His tone is professional while being friendly and inviting at the same time (and as far as possible from the “obnoxious wedding DJ” we all try to avoid). The dance is really where Cris excelled. The flow, pacing, and song selection were all outstanding! Cris mixes everything live, so songs don’t simply fade-out/fade-in; he actually overlaps and mixes the songs so they blend one right into the next, which kept the dance floor packed all night! We are an American (groom) and Venezuelan (bride) couple, so our wedding had a mix of American and Latin guests, and Cris did such a good job employing a perfect variety of cultural influences and musical styles. In particular, Cris’s execution of La Hora Loca (a kind of “Carnival meets a wedding dance” Latin tradition) was amazing. We could not be happier with how our wedding dance turned out, and would absolutely recommend Cris to anyone looking for an awesome wedding dance and reception!

Marisa · Married on 10/27/2017

Cris did an amazing job at my wedding helping with a few song selections when needed, putting all the music together, as well as taking requests. I highly recommend him for a DJ.

Rachel · Married on 10/21/2017

Cris was an amazing DJ and MC. We had several meetings leading up to the wedding to discuss our playlists for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, as well as the program for introductions, speeches, and dances. He responds very fast and was able to answer any questions we had right away. He has a great MC voice too! Although we had several requests for songs, he was able to improvise the playlist based on the vibe and mood of the crowd. I would definitely recommend him for any wedding.

Mihir · Married on 10/14/2017

Chris was such a professional. Made my big night one to remember. All my guests told me how much fun they had dancing and that's the most I could ask for at my wedding.

Mark · Married on 09/30/2017

Awesome music was played the entire evening. Everyone kept dancing. Many of our guests complimented Cris. Awesome Job!!!

Spencer · Married on 09/09/2017

Cris was the DJ for my wedding and I couldn't have been more impressed. Right from the start, he was very quick with emails, had a simple planning form, and altered his COI for our venue fast. The day of the wedding, everything was set up perfectly, and he made sure to get everyone's name pronounced correctly. He played everything we wanted, took requests, and filled the rest of his set with real jams. Great on the mic too - a true pro, and I would highly recommend him to anyone.