Red Lion Inn Reviews

Red Lion Inn 6
Red Lion Inn 7

Ashley Lyons · Married on 10/12/2018

October Wedding

I can not say enough good things about the Red Lion Inn and their staff. After finding out that the only date still available in October 2018 was in a Friday was a Friday night I almost walked away but after viewing the venue and speaking with Bill, I could not walk away...which turned out to be the best decision. Being a type A control freak this allowed me to start setting up a few days in advance and then fully enjoy my wedding day. The whole staff from was truly amazing leading up to the night and through. For the perfect wedding venue I would recommend this to everyone!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Caroline · Married on 07/01/2018

Our wedding at the Red Lion Inn in 7/1/2018 was an absolute DREAM!!!! It was everything we ever wanted and more. The day went perfectly to plan. Our experience working with the Red Lion Inn was terrific and it had a lot to do with our/The Red Lion Inn wedding coordinator Sharada! She was AMAZING, so professional, responsive, kind and extremely accommodating. We had many folks from Europe at the wedding and the little personal details that she made happen were recognized and appreciated, this meant so much to us. The venue speaks for itself - it really is so beautiful, the food was absolutely delicious, and Sharada’s day of team was GREAT! The cave was super fun as well. Highly recommend the late night snacks! It is such a special venue. I had full confidence that the day would go smoothly and was VERY impressed with every aspect and detail of the day. It really did go off without a hitch - we cannot thank Sharada enough for all her hard work!!! Looking forward to celebrating our first wedding anniversary back at the Red Lion Inn. If you are looking for a stunning venue, professional staff, and one AMAZING wedding coordinator Sharada and the Red Lion Inn is your spot!!!! THANK YOU for making our wedding such a dream come true!!!

Sent on 07/14/2018

david · Married on 11/17/2017

Our daughter Lindsay was married there last Friday November 17, 2017. This was one of the most incredible nights of our lives. There was no regrets. We literally racked our brains to see if there was anything missed or overlooked. Nope. The Red Lion Inn was, by far, the coolest event venue for anyone who is into the rustic scene. It was my daughter's absolute dream wedding. The food was absolute perfection. The filet mignon was so soft you could have cut it with a spoon! Then there is the after party at the Cave. What a cool place. Our guests couldn't get over the food that was served there either. The sliders, pizza, and chicken fingers were to die for! Everyone kept commenting about that! That leaves the staff. What can I say about them? Everyone was incredibly accommodating from Katie (at the front desk, to Jen (the wedding coordinator) , to Tofik who does absolutely everything for everyone. They are an incredible asset to the Red Lion Inn. They were absolutely wonderful to our family. They made sure to keep the communication open and kept their word in everything they promised. Our only regret is that the evening is over. Thank you so much for your professionalism and making the night one of the best memories for our family and everyone else who attended. AWESOME!

Sent on 11/21/2017
    Red Lion Inn 8

Lindsay · Married on 11/17/2017

My husband and I got married @ the Red Lion Inn on Nov 17 2017. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue. Everyone was very attentive to our needs, especially Jen ( the coordinator), Tofik who did just about everything, and to Katie at the front desk. The food was incredible too. Everyone is still talking about our wedding, saying how It is the best wedding they have every been to. Thank you to everyone at the Red Lion for making my wedding a dream come true!!!!

Sent on 01/03/2018

Caroline · Married on 10/22/2017

I am so happy that my husband and I chose the Red Lion Inn for our October 22nd wedding. We had the ceremony and reception on site and the entire day was magical. Our wedding coordinator, Jen, was amazing. She was beyond accommodating and worked with us to bring our vision to life. She went out of her way to make sure everything was perfect. Jen was extremely responsive to all emails and calls and is so organized. She met with my mother and I several times in order to get in all of the details! The Red Lion is so lucky to have her on board as one of their coordinators. I must be honest, the beginning of my planning process with the Red Lion was not the smoothest. There was unfortunately quick turn over in coordinators/management and we had a very hard time getting in touch with someone when we had questions and were in the planning process. Once Jen came on board that quickly changed. She made the entire process so easy!!
    The Red Lion Inn surpassed my expectations in all areas.
    The food was outstanding. Our family and friends are still raving about it! Everything was delicious, full of flavor and presented beautifully. The service was also great! Bar and wait staff were extremely responsive to guests and were very pleasant :) After the reception, we had the after party in "The Cave" and continued the celebrations. We had buffalo chicken and pizza served down there which was great! It was such a fun night. I would also like to thank the staff Toufig (hopefully I spelled that correctly) for being extremely helpful during the reception/after party and in the morning. He also went out of his way to deliver some of our cupcakes with a bottle of champagne to our room for after the festivities. Thank you so much!
    Everything came together so well. I would highly recommend the Red Lion Inn for your wedding, and Jen as a wedding coordinator if she's available!

Sent on 11/05/2017
    Red Lion Inn 13
    Red Lion Inn 14
    Red Lion Inn 15

kerry · Married on 10/08/2017

When searching for the wedding venue of my dreams, I knew it needed to be elegant, rustic, accommodating, and beautiful. The Red Lion Inn was everything I could have asked for and more! The grounds in which the Red Lion Inn has to offer is well maintained, beautifully designed, and offers so much space for the guests to enjoy. Everything from the cocktail hour, drinks, entrees, waitstaff, and bartenders was picture perfect and helped make my wedding day so enjoyable. The driving force behind my wedding day was Jen, the event coordinator at the Red Lion Inn. Jen was knowledgeable about the venue, responsive to my emails, organized, professional and most importantly, caring. Jen put so much effort into my wedding, as if she was the one getting married! I can't thank her enough for making my day run so smooth.
    The after party was held at The Cave which is located on-site and offered a place for all the guests to enjoy late night snacks such a cheeseburgers, chicken fingers, and french fries. We had music, drinks, and food to keep the party going! The next morning, the Red Lion Inn set up a brunch for any guests who stayed the evening. The food was delicious and the guests thoroughly enjoyed another opportunity for everyone to celebrate.
    Prior to booking The Red Lion Inn, I read reviews on this website from past brides who seemed unsatisfied with the venue. I am so glad that I was able to experience this venue and all it has to offer, first hand. Looking back at my wedding I would not change a single thing, as it was a dream come true!

Sent on 11/01/2017
    Red Lion Inn 16
    Red Lion Inn 17
    Red Lion Inn 18
    Red Lion Inn 19
    Red Lion Inn 20

Meredith · Married on 10/05/2017

We recently had a wedding here and chose to get married on a Thursday night due to availability and affordability. From the very beginning the coordinator we worked with, Sharada, was very responsive and great to work with. The night of support staff was also wonderful from the bartenders and servers, but also, Toufik, who really helped make the barn look exactly how we pictured. They even made it possible to find a very specific beer my fiance and i really enjoy that is difficult to find. They really know what they are doing with weddings being held at their venue and we found they are really flexible in letting you make the day what you want. I also like that when we were unsure of a decision, Sharada, was really able to help make great recommendations that really fit with our vision. There was initially some confusion with booking hotel rooms, but about half way throughout planning there was one contact we worked with specifically, which made it much easier and more organized.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Paula · Married on 09/03/2017

We had our daughte's wedding at The Red Lion Inn and it was exquisite! Kaycee was our wedding coordinator. She did not miss a detail. She was the most professional, detail oriented, pleasant person to deal with. Everything went smoothly and in a timely fashion. Every guest commented on what a wonderful time they had. The food was outstanding and the venue breathtakingly beautiful! Kaycee Bongarzone we cannot thank you enough for everything you did. You truly love what you do and the Red Lion Inn is so lucky to have you. You provided the best service a bride and groom can ever dream of. You truly made this day magical for all.

Sent on 09/05/2017

Kaylee · Married on 09/01/2017

My wedding was a DREAM COME TRUE at the Red Lion Inn. Sharada was our wedding coordinator. She answered all of our questions whenever needed and made sure everything was great on the day. From the planning process to the wedding day she was in constant contact with us, answering our questions, giving us ideas, and helping us plan every step of the way. She did an amazing job!

The rehearsal dinner was fantastic we had it at the Atlantica and everyone enjoyed it! The cheesecake was phenomenal!!! As for the wedding day, I felt like I was in a dream! Everything at the Red Lion Inn was incredible. The bridal suite was AMAZING. Having that spot to get ready was so awesome. Everyone complimented on the food and the staff how attentive they were. People had a blast!

Cody the bartender was AWESOME! He made drinks so well and all my guests were SO happy with him. He made a lot of peoples night. Also he was an awesome bartender on Thursday night before the wedding. I highly recommend him for any other events!

Tofik was literally incredible. He was in charge of the Red Lion Inn on the wedding day. I'm not sure that man ever sleeps! Anything I needed he was there and helped me. I appreciate everything he did for us. He helped with anything we needed on the day we set everything up. He made sure our rooms were all set up and okay. He answered any of my questions that I had. He made sure we even had food and cake placed in our room from the after party. He is super super amazing I cant give him enough credit. He even had everything cleaned up in the morning and things like my cake cutting set all washed and placed back in my room.

Highly recomend booking your wedding at the Red Lion Inn!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Patrick · Married on 04/01/2017

Myself and my wife had amazing time at our wedding here at the red lion inn!! Honestly I can't say enough about the venue and the staff! The venue speaks for itself the beautiful look it has just creates a great vibe. Our wedding coordinator Kacee was absolutely amazing fully commitment to making our day amazing and fun as well as stress free. The food was outstanding 10/10 and that's from my wife who is a chef herself! Again we can't thank Kacee and the red lion inn staff enough. People are still raving about our wedding when we talk with them! So if your considering booking your wedding here do yourself a favor and pull the trigger I grantee your wedding day will be a great time had by all!!!! Lauren and Patrick Dyer

Sent on 06/05/2017

Kathleen · Married on 12/06/2015

Had Sunday afternoon wedding at the Red Lion Inn and it was absolutely beautiful. Everything went perfect. Elizabeth Locke was my wedding planner and she was amazing. She thought of things and made suggestions that I would not have thought of. We had a Christmas themed wedding and it was breathtaking. Guests were raving about the food and the atmosphere - we have nothing at all to say that went wrong, The bridal suite is beautiful - I did write the value at 5 stars - this is not an inexpensive place to get married but the price fit the venue.

Sent on 12/09/2015

leah · Married on 07/17/2015

We truly had the perfect wedding at the Red Lion Inn! Elizabeth Locke went above and beyond to make our night beautiful. Everything went so smoothly and professionally. We are still receiving compliments from our guests about how wonderful it was, from the food and service to the overall atmosphere. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Jenna · Married on 07/09/2015

I can't say enough about The Red Lion Inn. My wedding was a dream come true and an absolutely perfect day. This venue was just what I had always wanted, rustic and elegant, and as we got acquainted with Elizabeth and the rest of the staff, it began to feel like a second home. Every time I stepped into the venue I felt like a princess. My guests can't stop talking about what a wonderful wedding we had, and how beautiful the Lion's Hall was. Not to mention the food! In addition to Elizabeth's sincere kindness and attention to detail, my husband and I are also so grateful for Bill, who provided complimentary dance lessons for us! And for Madison, who stayed with us the entire day of the wedding, all through the night, and even during our after party in The Cave (another on-site bonus!) Our wedding party filled all of the rooms in the Inn and thoroughly enjoyed their stay. I wouldn't have changed a second of my wedding day and am so glad I was able to have it here, on a Thursday night, too (no food and beverage minimum)!

Sent on 07/21/2015

Catherine · Married on 04/19/2015

Red Lion Inn was so flexible and willing to work with us to have our perfect blended American and Indian wedding. The food was incredible. We had lots of unique wants and they met them all. The barn is stunning. It was a dream wedding and I can't imagine a better place. It was also a better value than comparable venues.

Sent on 05/25/2015

Lindsay · Married on 03/21/2015

I just got married a week ago and I can't stop smiling. This place is beautiful. I got up the morning of my wedding and walked to the salon that was within walking distance (Rudolph Adamo) to get my hair & make up done with my bridesmaids and mom. Then from there, we all got dressed in the Salon de soliel at the Red Lion Inn which is also used for cocktail hour. We were able to take awesome pictures and enjoy getting ready in an open room together. When we were ready to go, we walked through the best part (to me) of the inn, the covered bridges to get to the Lion's hall where the reception was held. After that, we finished that night off with an after party in the Cave. The night went by fast, but I enjoyed every minute of it! I loved having everything within walking distance of one another. I don't regret anything!!

Sent on 04/01/2015

Barbara · Married on 03/07/2015

Best day ever!!! I have no words to explain how fantastic the entire process was from start to finish. The staff at red lion inn is top notch. The service is impeccable. Even though sometimes emails take time to respond they always get back to you and it all works out. They are relaxed and poised at weddings. They definitely know what they are doing. Elizabeth is fabulous and lovely. Bill is incredible. Oscar at the front desk is kind and accommodating. I can't even list all the great players! The rooms are splendid and perfect for a romantic weekend! The bridal suite was magical. Again best day ever!!!! I even had a Friday night and Sunday morning event!!!

Sent on 03/10/2015

Suzanne · Married on 05/17/2014

We booked this venue over a year from the wedding and from the first meeting to the wedding day last month they were always available, flexible and professional. They were very organized and helpful with pre-wedding planning and during the ceremony and reception everything went like clock work. They also provided excellent vendor suggestions.
    The food was outstanding, the site very beautiful, and the staff couldn't have been more available or flexible.

Sent on 06/14/2014

The Red Lion Inn is the perfect location for an elegant, rustic wedding. I cannot be happier with the venue, food, and service we received at our wedding. I highly recommend it! Oh, and not to mention the awesome after party you can have down the The Cave and the perfectly quaint rooms that the Inn offers right on site. It's a dream come true!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Corey · Married on 01/31/2014

I couldn't say enough wonderful things about the Red Lion Inn and the wonderful team of people we worked with there! First of all, it is beyond gorgeous, and it looks even more beautiful with the candles and the up lighting (all included) at night. Also, the food was delicious from start to finish, although I'll admit that I'm biased towards the short ribs. Finally, and most importantly, Elizabeth was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. She was fair, responsive, and highly competent from start to finish. You could easily tell she's been running weddings at the RLI for many years now, and she knows how to do it right. If you are considering a barn wedding in the boston area! this is a must see venue!!

Sent on 03/01/2014

We had the most amazing wedding at The Red Lion Inn in November, 2013. We worked with Beverlei who was "over the top" helpful, resourceful and always available to answer all questions and concerns. She executed exactly everything we requested for our big day. She remained there the entire evening and made sure our wedding and reception was perfect. There was nothing we would change but can offer some advice to others.
    We had four months to put together our wedding of 180 guests. We chose to be married in the barn, have cocktails upstairs and then come down to dinner. We were at capacity with everyone dining downstairs but did not feel crowded. We did not choose the "salon" for cocktails as we did not want to lose that time herding everyone over there and we were so glad we kept everything in the barn.
    We had a 7 piece band that added so much liveliness to the evening. We chose an open bar by consumption and there were no surprises with the bill whatsoever. There was a raw bar that was fresh and got great reviews.
    There was a choice of swordfish or short ribs. We and all our guests we spoke to agreed they were great choices. We went to the two cake tastings, chose Montilio's and had the florist decorate that day with fresh flowers.
    The only thing I might consider changing if I had it do over again is taking the pictures before the ceremony. I wanted to see my husband for the first time as I walked down the isle but not so sure it was worth missing most of the cocktail hour and at that the photos were rushed. Give it some serious thought.
    The Red Lion Inn was a fantastic venue for our wedding as well as a great value!!

Sent on 04/29/2014

Kathleen · Married on 09/08/2013

Our wedding day was PERFECT! I can't say anymore than that. Elizabeth and her staff provided such a high quality of service. All of our guests can't stop talking about how beautiful the wedding was. The food was amazing! The staff was so helpful in the set up and tear down process and anything I needed (tape, scissors, a corkscrew) they found for me no questions asked.

Sent on 09/21/2013

Anna · Married on 07/20/2013

From the moment we stepped into the barn at the Red Lion Inn we knew it was the place we wanted to get married. The venue has so much character and such warmth, it was exactly what we wanted for our vintage/DIY wedding. We started off with a wedding planner from the Red Lion who had to take a medical leave half way through our event planning and just when we started to painic, Beverlei stepped in. I cannot say enough about how amazing she was. She was not only better than our original wedding planner, but she was organized, took time to get to know us and become our friend, and really have our special day be everything we wanted and more. She responded to emails and phone calls quickly, met with us often and put our minds at ease. We did not worry one bit about our reception, which is key when you are trying to plan multiple vendors, guests, etc. for your wedding. Having her handle everything was a big “to do” off our plate and we were so thankful for her. When the day finally came, we stepped into the barn and everything was set up exactly how we wanted it. Beverlei paid attention to all of our details and made them really shine. The staff the day of our wedding was also amazing, the food was delicious, and I cannot say enough about the giant dance floor. Everyone danced through the night, which was exactly what we wanted. After the reception was over, we rented out “The Cave” and had more food and time with guests, as we did not want the day to end. Another positive of having your wedding at the Red Lion was that guests could stay right onsite and not have to worry about driving afterwards. I highly recommend having your wedding at the Red Lion and having Beverlei as your planner. I wish I could relive the day. Guests still tell us it was the best wedding they have ever been to and I may be bias, but could not agree more!

Sent on 06/01/2017
  • User3419193 · 2+ years ago

Our daughters wedding was more than we ever expected! All our guests have told us what an amazing wedding it was and keep raving about the appetizers and the dinner menu. Elizabeth our wedding coordinator managed every detail flawlessly and helped make each moment special. The maitre d for the evening was wonderful too...staying behind the scene but making sure our guest and we were happy.
    The bride and groom feel their wedding day was a perfect beginning for their life together.

Sent on 07/25/2013

Andrea · Married on 09/09/2012

Beautiful place,great staff, great wedding coordnator (Helena) also DJ Bill Iaconelli. I had nothing at all to worry about having Helena and my DJ Bill all I needed to do is show up for my wedding. Anything I needed or mentioned was handed to me on a silver platter. Food was awesome every single person who attended my wedding LOVED the food.

Sent on 09/15/2012

Jessica · Married on 04/21/2012

I am the least detailed person ever. I wanted to buy a dress and show up for my wedding and hope for the best. The Red Lion Inn allowed me to do this. Elena was so detailed and so hopeful I can not express my gratitude for her. On the night of our wedding I was not bothered with a single thing. In fact the anti-bridal bride was guided gracefully by the staff that knows weddings better than the best. My every need was catered to by the amazing staff that I can not thank more for making our day unforgettable.

Sent on 05/06/2012