Red Fish Grill Reviews

20 | Miami, FL

20 Reviews for Red Fish Grill

• Gaby

Gaby · Married on 04/09/2017

Red Fish was love at first sight. My husband and I live in Seattle, but wanted to have our wedding in Miami. Not only it's a beautiful city, but it's my hometown. My husband loves it. After recently being engaged, I flew to Miami to look for the right venue to work well with our Tuscan theme. I visited 3 places and was feeling discouraged. My sister suggested to visit one more. I'm glad I did. It was the perfect rustic, yet tropical, theme. It was the perfect compromise of both our personalities. The food was delicious, the venue was awesome, and Brittani was great. She was real responsive, since email was the best communication due to our 3 hr difference. I'd highly recommend it. My guests raved about the food and view!

Maggie · Married on 12/27/2015

All I can say is WOW. Incredible experience. Venue is beautiful, any brides dream come true happens at redfish grill. The event manager Brittani is absolutely amazing. She was there the entire time helping me and making my wedding experience incredible. She truly made my special day unforgettable. The food was outstanding and the service was great too. Highly recommend this venue for anyone that is looking to have he best time of their life.

Megan · Married on 11/28/2015

Red Fish Grill is an absolutely beautiful wedding venue. The food is delicious, the servers are so helpful, and the location is just stunning.

Brittani, the event coordinator for the restaurant, was great. She was flexible, she always was able to help with my many questions, and a lot of the reason the night went off without a hitch was because of her help.

Our guests raved about the food for weeks after the wedding. The servers were incredible, the one assigned to help us was on top of everything the entire night.

Red Fish Grill has always been one of my favorite restaurants in Miami and now it hold and even more special place in my heart.

Words cannot express the level of gratitude I have for the staff and event planner at Red Fish Grill. Everything was amazing and perfect.

Everything about Red Fish Grill guarantees a magical wedding day. They take a lot of the guess work out of the planning, because their package deal is so good, that you are assured great food and service included with the location! Also you can marry at the park for a beautiful beach wedding, just steps from the reception and at no extra cost. Coordinating with event planner was so easy and they are very attentive to all of your requests. It was a delight and I can recommend this venue to anyone without any hesitation.

Catherine · Married on 04/26/2014

Red Fish could not have been a more perfect location for our wedding. It's such a beautiful venue and all of the staff went above and beyond to make our night perfect. Brittani was extremely responsive and easy to work with. The actual event couldn't have been more perfect. Red Fish had plenty of staff on hand to cater to all our guests. What was really impressive was the food which all our guests raved about.

I could not be happier that we were able to have our special day at Red Fish. You will not go wrong having your event there. It's certainly the best value we found in the Miami/Coral Gables area, and the bigger bonus is the beauty of this hidden gem! I can't wait to get all our pictures back!

Jessica · Married on 04/13/2013

We had our reception at Red Fish Grill and I could not have imagined a more perfect place to have a wedding! Our guests were so surprised to find such a relaxing and beautiful place right in the middle of Miami - they felt like they were in the Keys! Our guests mingled during cocktail hour as they watched the sun set over Biscayne Bay and enjoyed the Miami skyline as we had dinner. The restaurant is perfect for having an outdoor/indoor reception venue. They open the double doors to allow the space to feel as one, when guests are sitting outside as well as inside. We danced the night away while feeling the cool breeze come off the water. The owner, Chris, was great to work with. He always returned my phone calls and reassured me that they had been doing weddings for years and not to worry, he had everything under control. And he was right! The guests were well taken care of by the staff at Red Fish Grill, and they even kept my husband and I's dinners until we actually stopped talking to guests and sat down to eat, so our food did not get cold! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for an outdoor/indoor, classic wedding reception venue!

Julia/Jc · Married on 03/16/2013

This venue was perfect. The service and management were very attentive, polite and professional. Anything I needed they jumped at the task and helped my big night run smoothly. The venue was beautiful, the food was beyond excellent and the drinks were awesome. The area where we had our ceremony was off the oath and away from beach guests which allowed for a more private event. I would highly recommend this venue if you're looking for a beach/outdoor tropical wedding. It is perfect!

Just so you're aware the beach is not closed so there will be beach goers there during your ceremony. I set up my ceremony with the ocean in the background so random people were not in my photos.

Rachel · Married on 01/20/2013

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Red Fish Grill and both were absolutely beautiful -- we could not have been happier! The view and ambiance at this locale cannot be beat, and the service and food were truly spectacular. I cannot recommend Red Fish highly enough!

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 12/30/2012

Red Fish Grill is amazing! If you want to get married on the beach and have an awesome reception dinner/dance party after - this is the venue for you! Working with them pre-wedding was really easy. We called or emailed a lot and they would respond quickly. They answered all of my questions (and there were many). The staff present on our wedding day went above and beyond in every way! They paid attention to every detail and took care of our every need. They kept appetizers for us, served our entree first, made sure we knew when everything was happening, and even brought a heater to our table. They were seriously amazing. If I could give 6 stars I would. Not to mention the food!!! Out of this world. Thank you to everyone at Red Fish for making our night memorable! Chris, Brian, and ALL - We couldn't have done it without you!!!

Celine · Married on 11/17/2012

Red Fish Grill is an awesome place to have your wedding! It is beautiful there! Chris is very accommodating and flexible to your needs. The whole staff are very helpful and nice. The food there is awesome! They are currently building a bathroom inside the restaurant so it's more convenient for you and your guests.

Jake · Married on 10/13/2012

In the planning stages, we knew Red Fish Grill (RFG) would be part of our wedding. After booking through another agency to officiate the ceremony we realized in using Matheson Hammock Park as the venue that we were obligated to include RFG after all. Despite our numerous changes (adding people to the party total), they were very helpful. The staff was on point, and ready for our arrival. We had our own area outside to enjoy the peaceful beach views. The food was delicious, and elegant.

Meredith · Married on 06/03/2012

The ABSOLUTE most amazing venue I could have ever asked for. Being an out-of-town bride I felt nervous booking a venue in Miami, but this exceeded my every expectation! Beautiful beach wedding, then my guests walked 10 steps to the Red Fish for the afterparty! We rented the restaurant out, and had our own private wedding and party. They were professional, prompt, food was amazing, service was great, and it was everything I could have ever asked for. My guests are STILL talking about our venue and still continue to do so for a while. Chris was great with helping us plan it all out, I HIGHLY recommend this venue for a non-traditional wedding.

There is no better place for a beautiful, private beach wedding. Our guests said it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. Food, service, setting were all outstanding. It is very unique and not surprising they stay busy with weddings. Would highly recommend.

Ana · Married on 04/21/2012

I could not have asked for a better place to have our wedding. The setting is spectacular and the service and food were simply outstanding. Many of our guests (including my very picky stepson) told us the food was fantastic. The wait staff was very attentive to all our guests and our vendors. Everything went smoothly and I thank everyone at Red Fish Grill for making our night unforgettable.

natalia · Married on 04/12/2009

We were able to have our ceremony on their park at no additional cost but MOST importantly the place is decorated beautifully, the service was phenomenal and the food was delicious!

jen · Married on 02/24/2008

This is was the first and ONLY places that we scouted for our reception. We were sold as soon as we saw it. The entire planning process was smooth. Chris always returned my calls within a day or so with answers to all of my questions. I did not need a day-of coordinator at Red Fish. Chris told me, “whatever you need set up, just write it down for us.” I told them where to put the seating chart, I asked them to light my 100+ votives, where to put the kids coloring books, etc. Everything was perfect. Ralph was the manager on the day of the reception and he greeted us with our personal waiter who went and got us drinks while we were waiting to walk in. When we'd go to the bar, the bartender would stop what he was doing and tend to the bride and groom right away. They even packed up our meals to go since my husband and I didn't get to finish. The food was spectacular. Our guests raved about everything. This is a special place in Miami that I had never heard of until I saw knotties mentioning it. If you're looking for special and outdoors, this is it!

Kristen · Married on 01/20/2007

Red Fish Grill provided us with the perfect background for the tone of our wedding. Set on the bay, with views of downtown Miami, off of beautiful scenic Old Cutler Road, we couldn't have been happier with our setting. We were allowed a maximum of 150 guests, 5 appetizers, a salad, and were able to offer our guests choices of Chicken, Fish or Steak. We also had the option of vegetarian/vegan dishes as well as kosher dishes. They offer a pre-set menu for weddings, but we were able to make changes to it as we wanted (changes of appetizers and salads). My husband and I got to choose off of anything on their regular menu (which meant ahi tuna and filet mignon for us!) We had to pay $15,000 which is CHEAP by Miami standards! It included 6 hours of party time (you could extend the party for $1,000 for each additional hour, which could be decided before, or at the event), the table linens, china, glassware, flatware, obviously the food, wine and champagne, coffee and sodas, and of course, the ambiance. We had to provide the alcohol which turned out to benefit us because we went to a local liquor store and were able to purchase more than what we needed for $500. Red Fish provided bar tenders and mixers. Most places in Miami charge a minimum of $15 per guest for a maximum 2 hour open bar. And to me, a half open bar half cash bar is extremely tacky.
    The only complaint I would have was their wait staff was mostly young college kids, and while they got everything cooked correctly, they placed the remains of our wedding cake on a table where guests got the idea that they could take it for themselves. This upset me because my husband and I were so busy that we didn't get to have a slice of our own wedding cake. I just wish they would have kept it stored in the kitchen instead of out on the gift table. But even that was not enough to ruin my night!

Chiara · Married on 02/17/2008

3.0

The location was perfect for my husband and I - we wanted to have a "beachside" wedding without the walking on the beach part. I wanted a lot of architecture for great photography so the limestone buiding with colorful flowers made my photos stand out. In addition, I did not want to deal with many vendors so the package deal they offered was just perfect.

The day of the wedding, the staff was very professional and flexible. They managed to create a wonderful backdrop for our ceremony and reception. All of our friends and family were happy with the location and to this day, we still get many complements.

The manager does not return communications well. I almost considered backing out of the venue because of this but I decided to push and book a one-on-one meeting with the manager and thereafter it was smooth sailing. This seems to be a common problem so I recommend being assertive and going there in person.

Amaris · Married on 04/22/2007

4.2
      3.0

The location was beautiful and they took care of every last detail. All we had to do was show up. Only negative comment is that the manager is a little difficult to get in touch with if you want to make a change.