Red Corral Ranch Reviews

70 | Wimberley, TX

70 Reviews for Red Corral Ranch

I can't even begin to say enough great things about RCR! They are the nicest people and were always patient and kind in helping me with my million questions. I live out of town so had to do most of my planning via email and they were quick to respond and always willing to let me stop by when i was in the area. It is BEAUTIFUL there and i love that the whole wedding party got to stay on site.

Sent on 06/17/2015

Nora · Married on 06/07/2015

The Red Corral Ranch is an amazing wedding venue!!!! Our wedding day was magical, so much so because the Ranch is so beautiful and the staff is so great. We had many guests coming from out of town, so we wanted to find a place near Austin that would give people a great experience out in Hill Country. I am incredibly thankful to have found the Red Corral Ranch and to have worked with their marvelous staff. It was such a dream coordinating with them and it made the whole process so much easier! When my husband and I chose the Red Corral Ranch, one of the deciding factors was how welcoming Janet was and how we knew we wanted to work with people we felt would be accommodating and friendly. But they went above and beyond throughout the entire process!

We got married outside by the Big Red Barn, then had the reception in the Barn, and our wedding party and immediate family stayed the night at the Ranch and everyone else stayed close by at a hotel in Blanco. I feel so lucky to have been married in such a wonderful place!

Sent on 06/15/2015
  • Annie

Annie · Married on 12/21/2013

This was the most magical place ever to get married. The ranch is large and expansive, lending itself well to many different styles to suit even the pickiest of brides. So many amazing places of photo opportunities and ceremony/reception sites, incredible beauty and splendor with each option. The staff is attentive and responsive, making sure no bride has to stress about anything, right down to vacuuming up confetti off the grass for us! The best part is, they have amazing lodging for up to 20 some people in your wedding party, so great to be able to spend 3 days with friends and family while we celebrated our marriage. Cannot recommend Red Corral enough!

Sent on 12/23/2013

Cathy · Married on 06/15/2013

We absolutely LOVED our entire weekend at Red Corral Ranch! We chose this location because of it's hill country charm, beauty, and Bed & Breakfast weekend package! All of our family and wedding party were able to come Friday and leave Sunday - able to fully enjoy our entire weekend. All of our other guests, including out of state guests only had the most wonderful comments about Red Corral. Although we were just minutes from home, it felt as though we had a beautiful destination wedding! From the beautiful peacocks to the wonderful trees to the beautiful barn, this venue is by far the best in Texas. Additionally, the staff could not have been more helpful! They were so very accommodating and welcoming during every pre-wedding visit and phone call! And, even more so the weekend of! WE LOVED RED CORRAL RANCH!!!

Sent on 07/16/2013

Michelle · Married on 04/09/2011

The Red Corral Ranch is a fantastic place to have a wedding! The staff is wonderful and the facilities are beautiful. The best part is that it doesn't feel like a "venue". We chose to have our entire wedding weekend there, which made for a relaxing time. I love that we could have our rehearsal, dinner, campfire, morning jog, bridal luncheon, skeet shooting for the guys, ceremony and reception all at one location. Our wedding night even ended with a group of us at the pool/hot tub! The vendors are all familiar with the location, which makes everything easier. Most of our family and wedding party stayed at the ranch for the weekend. Other guests stayed nearby (Wimberley, Blanco, San Marcos). If we had to do it all over again, we would absolutely choose the Red Corral Ranch!!

Sent on 05/02/2011

Red Corral Ranch's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful review. This is everything we hope we can be for our wedding couples!
  • laladelee

Lauren · Married on 10/09/2010

My husband and I got just what we wanted (a venue in the Hill Country close enough to San Antonio and Austin) when we decided to get married at the Red Corral Ranch.
    From Bobbie, who met with us the first time to show us the ranch to Ruth Ann who helped us with all the details before the big day - everyone at the Red Corral Ranch was very kind and friendly.
    Whether you decide to stay there or not, you will appreciate the well-maintained grounds. Trees everywhere, peacocks and a honeymoon cabin secluded in the woods were my favorite things about the awesome Red Corral Ranch.
    My review wouldn't even do the ranch justice! Go and see for yourself how beautiful it is.

Sent on 11/06/2010

Samantha · Married on 04/25/2010

Red Corral Ranch is absolutely amazing! My husband and I looked at a single wedding venue... Once we saw the Ranch, we knew it was perfect. Bobbie (and her sweet dog, Corky) was so, so wonderful. She made us feel right at home and put no pressure on us to decide right away. We did decide right away, but only because we loved the place so much. We got married on the labyrinth, literally surrounded by our family and friends, and it could not have been more magical. The tree you see on the website is what drew me to the Ranch initially, and it's the whole reason we drove out to Wimberley from Austin. The drive is beautiful, too. Everyone at the wedding had a wonderful time, and the entire atmosphere was exactly what we wanted: a laid-back, whimsical, enchanted night. It was perfect, and I can't wait to go back to celebrate our first anniversary.

Sent on 07/30/2010

Leslie · Married on 04/12/2014

We had our family and some guests stay at the Red Corral Ranch for our wedding reception weekend and words cannot do justice for how charming, peaceful, and hill country beautiful the place was. There are gorgeous colorful and all white peacocks roaming the premises. The staff is absolutely amazing and they were very helpful and answered all my questions throughout the process. We used Salt Lick for our caterers who have had much experience out there and so things ran very smoothly. The big red barn was just the perfect setting for our rustic wedding. The little white lights everywhere just made it a magical evening. The cabins were awesome! My family and I will definitely be back for an extended stay. Thanks so much RCR! You made it better than I could have ever hoped for! - Leslie R.

Sent on 05/07/2014

Rebekah · Married on 11/24/2013

RCR is a beautiful venue to have a wedding! My groom and I wanted a country, yet chic, wedding and the barn at RCR was the perfect fit for us. The facility is beautiful before you even decorate it. The twinkle lights are hung in the rafters year round - which adds such a beautiful touch to photos! The wood walls and concrete floors are rustic, yet the atmosphere feels just plush enough.

The staff is RCR are so helpful and easy to work with. They have a list of suggested vendors, so it takes a lot of work out of searching yourself. I called the office a couple of times for suggestions (caterer and hair and make-up). They suggested Sullivan Street Caterers and Celissa Rae, respectively. Both did an amazing job! It felt like working with a crew who were accostomed to working together and therefore everything went so smoothly.

We rented the barn for a Sunday wedding and the team was very accomodating and allowed us to enter the bridal suite in time to get ready that day. Our wedding was at 4:30PM, and they allowed checkin by 1PM. They had a fire burning in the front chapel and tea and coffee in the cookhouse for guests that arrived before the usual 3PM checkin.

Overall, we had a great experience and loved the ranch!

Sent on 12/12/2013

Kelly · Married on 05/20/2012

Red Corral Ranch is an absolutely perfect place to get married. Our ceremony was on the Main Grounds and the reception was in the Big Red Barn. There were enough cabins for all our out of town guests to stay the night. The staff was very helpful, but not intrusive on the actual wedding day. The peacocks, hammocks, homemade breakfasts, and decor made the day so special and all our guests are planning on coming back just to visit the ranch.

Sent on 05/26/2012

Kelly,

Thank you for your kind words! We are truly honored to have been a part of this special day with you and your family.

Warmest Regards,
    The RCR Family
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 04/30/2011

Awesome place to get married!!!! We had our dream come true wedding at the Red Corral Ranch. Highly recommended! The staff goes out of their way to make things happen for you; THANKS JODIE!!!

Sent on 06/01/2011

Kelly · Married on 04/23/2011

This venue is absolutely breathtaking, and beautiful. I could not have picked a more perfect spot for our wedding. We had a lot of out-of-town guests for our wedding, so it was perfect that we had the place for the whole weekend. We had our reception on the lawn near the main lodge and the tree made the most beautiful back drop for our photos. Our rehearsal dinner was in the Big Red Barn, which was also perfect for our "Black Tie BBQ" theme. There were a couple os snafus with double-booking the lodges initially and some miscommunications, but that was bound to happen given that I was planning the wedding from out of state. Everything was corrected promptly and their service and responsiveness was timely. I highly recommend this place for your wedding weekend. I know that my husband and I will be back multiple times to enjoy the secluded, peaceful atmosphere for years to come.

Sent on 05/18/2011

Dana · Married on 08/08/2010

3.5

Beautiful facilities and helpful employees provided us a wonderful experience. We loved the Limestone Lodge and the peacocks. The Red Barn was extremely hot for the reception during August. The large coolers were not enough to make the guests comfortable during the hottest time of Texas' summers. Parking at the Red Barn reception area could be improved. Overall, we would pick this venue again. The staff was fabulous and so accommodating. The Red Corral is a very special place.

Sent on 12/01/2010

Red Corral Ranch's reply:

Thank you for your lovely review. We hear you regarding the heat in the barn during the summer months. We are currently researching air conditioning options, and plan to have a cool and comfortable barn come summer 2011. Unfortunately this won't translate into the past to help your guests stay cool, but maybe you can bring the whole clan back for an anniversary celebration? Thanks again!

ps. Our new Big Red Barn air-conditioning is up and running as of April 2011!

3.5

When deciding on our venue we new the location that we wanted and narrowed it down to three venues just based off of Websites. Red Corral's website does NOT do them justice. This venue has so much more to offer and show then what could go on their website. We knew as soon as we pulled onto the property that this was going to be the place we would get married. We booked our venue over a year in advance. We loved that it was country, classy and peaceful. You can't go wrong when there is big oak trees, peacocks and a big red barn. Another reason we went with RCR is because they had a plan B for if it rained and we almost needed to use it. The girls at RCR are very friendly and helpful. Only complaint is that during our rehearsal we opted to not have a bartender due to being told that those staying on the property could drink outside of the wedding day. Everyone at our rehearsal was staying on site and would not be leaving. We were informed during our rehearsal that the drinks needed to be put away that it wasn't allowed. My nervous soon to be husband and myself were extremely put off by this and the way we were rudely informed by the onsite staff member. Besides that on incident everything was perfect. Thanks to everyone at RCR.

Sent on 03/21/2014

Red Corral Ranch's reply:

We very much appreciate your feedback, and strive to make sure our families have a wonderful, and safe, experience here at Red Corral Ranch. With that in mind, we always follow TABC guidelines. If alcohol is served, we do require bartender(s) to be present till all off-site guests have departed. Our purpose is to make sure that, not only the Ranch, but also our wedding families are protected from any alcohol issues.

Caroline · Married on 05/25/2013

3.5

The staff at Red Corral Ranch were absolutely incredible! They were extremely responsive and helpful throughout the entire process and their on-site staff for the wedding weekend (especially Janet) did everything possible to help the whole weekend run smoothly.

The venue itself is perfect if you are looking for rustic elegance. A variety of ceremony and reception options on the property give you plenty to choose from for ceremony, reception, and cocktail hour. The property is incredibly maintained and the twinkling tree lights and roaming peacocks were HUGE hits with our guests.

We also loved the plethora of overnight accommodations. We chose to take advantage of the weekend package because our wedding was essentially a destination wedding for everyone but ourselves. It was so wonderful and special to be able to have our wedding party and close family stay with us on the property during the weekend.

The only reason I did not give Red Corral a complete 5 stars is: 1) the price is slightly higher than other options, but I strongly believe you get what you pay for and 2) Red Corral asks you to use their preferred caterers for your party, unless you receive pre-approval for another vendor. I did not have any trouble requesting and using the caterer I decided to go with - not on the pre-approved list - but I was working with a planner that made everything easier and I could see this being a bit of a hassle for another bride.

Despite those two points, I would recommend Red Corral Ranch without reservation to other brides!

Sent on 06/22/2013

Paige · Married on 07/28/2012

3.5

My family and I absolutely loved our time at the Ranch and the time we had to spend together as well as getting set up for the wedding the night before! The cabins are wonderful, the staff is beyond helpful and the venue was the perfect setting for my dream wedding!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Rachel · Married on 12/20/2009

My wedding at the Red Corral Ranch was wonderful. We had a Sunday evening wedding and rented the Limestone Lodge and two other cottages for the families. The Ranch provides the bride with a preferred vendor list and requires you to use a specific party rental company, but you're free to use whomever for the other vendors. We used all semi-local vendors (Austin, Wimberley, San Marcos & Dripping Springs) which helped with delivery costs.

The Ranch serves strictly as a venue and does not provide set up help, food, drinks, etc. You may use their accommodations, but on the day of the wedding, it is up to you and your vendors and your wedding planner if you have one.

The Ladies at the Ranch are helpful and can provide ideas and/or solutions. The Ranch is versatile and allow you to be creative with your set up. My wedding was small, so we did not use the Big Red Barn. We only used the James Pavilion and surrounding grounds.

My guests loved the place and repeatedly told me how beautiful and intimate the wedding was. It was perfect!

Sent on 12/28/2009

Lynn · Married on 03/31/2011

3.5

The place was Beautiful! Although it was definately the most expensive portion of the wedding, it was worth it. The natural scenery saves you on buying decorations. The honeymoon cabin was Awesome!! I thought it would be small, but it was the perfect size.
    The town of Wimberley definitely is in the wedding business.

Great girls at the ranch!! So sweet! Bobbie's emails made me laugh every time. Only one small hiccup with planning and it was fixed the next day with a phone call.
    Use Werner's for catering- $10pp for rosemary chicken, etc!!
    Use Stellarsight Photography for pictures. Eric V was the best photographer I've ever worked with! So affordable and all my guests have been raving about what a great photographer he is! The pictures are the best I've ever seen! He really brought out the country elegance of the ranch!!
    Alisha Anderson (of Dripping Springs Rentals) was our wedding coordinator and wow, the money that we paid her to coordinate our wedding....tripled with how much we saved from her connections! Super sweet and ladies, literally Nothing went wrong on my wedding day! Wow. My mom was able to be in the bridal suite with me, instead of outside setting up. Alisha was a lifesaver

Sent on 04/16/2011

Lindsey · Married on 03/06/2010

2.5

I loved this venue! It is the perfect stop for a Texas Hill Country wedding.

Sent on 04/08/2010

2.5
      2.0
      3.5

DO NOT book a Sunday wedding in the fall at this location unless you want to feel rushed and overwhelmed they day of your wedding. No doubt the venue was absolutely beautiful and romantic but you have absolutely no time to set up and have a proper ceremony and daylight pictures. Red Corral will only allow a 3PM check in but the vendors can get there late and then your whole timeline is crunched. The staff was helpful but seemed inconvenienced at times the day of the wedding. Warning if you or your guests are young and like to be loud when having a good time. The staff informed me that we were being too loud and the DJ has to turn the already low music lower because neighbors were complaining! It's a ranch! If you want your deposit back hire 3 people to clean up the next day if you decide to book the cabins to have a good time after the wedding. You wake up to unfriendly cleaning staff pushing you out. You are required to pick from a preferred vendor list which are limited and expensive. If the management staff they have a lenient check out policy don't take their word for it. My wedding was beautiful and I had a great time but I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone because the location, price, and fine print policies.

Sent on 03/26/2014

Red Corral Ranch's reply:

Thank you for your thoughts and feedback on your experience here at Red Corral Ranch. We can appreciate your frustrations and do hope that you know that our first priority is providing a magical, special place for you, your family and your friends. We pride ourselves in providing clear information throughout the planning process and make every effort to be as accommodating as possible. We strive to be good hosts and good neighbors.