Red Corral Ranch Reviews

70 | Wimberley, TX

70 Reviews for Red Corral Ranch

C · Married on 01/04/2014

I grew up going here and they have since redone it into a wedding venue. I was overjoyed at how beautiful the area and venue space is. The people there are easy to work with, flexible and respond quickly to any questions. I loved this ranch when I was little and I love it even more now that I have been able to get married here. I would not have dreamed of getting married anywhere else.

Sent on 02/27/2014

Heather · Married on 11/23/2013

I don't know how anyone could give RCR anything less than 5 stars! From the very beginning in the planning process, to the very last minute (i.e. finding out marriage license IN THE TRASH!!!), the staff at Red Corral are amazing. We fell in love with the venue because of its beautiful setting and flexibility for weather (which came in handy since it was literally freezing in November...in Texas, and somewhat rainy). We had to move our ceremony inside to Celebration Hall, which was just as beautiful as outside. It really set up an intimate feeling for our wedding ceremony. The big red barn was absolutely perfect and fit our style exactly. The entire night was perfect!

The only downside about this venue is that is doesn't provide anything other than the venue (you have to bring in all your own vendors), but I think it's worth it! :)

Sent on 12/11/2013

Crystal · Married on 11/18/2013

The minute we saw the ranch we knew this was it!!! The staff is beyond helpful and the grounds are just stunning. The cabins are incredible from all the little details that went into every room. We had a very intimate 40 person wedding and everyone was blown away by this place. True Texas hill country at its finest! Thanks to everyone at red corral for making our day perfect! Crystal and David

Sent on 12/30/2013

Jami · Married on 10/19/2013

I cannot say enough wonderful things about RCR!!! From the very first time we saw RCR I was in love. They are so welcoming and helped so much. We stayed the entire weekend along with my wedding party, it was the best weekend of my life. I will cherish these memories for the rest of my live. I cannot thank you enough!!!

Lots of Love,

Jami & Kayce

Sent on 10/28/2013

taylor · Married on 09/21/2013

Red corral ranch was a perfect wedding venue! I had so many people tell me how amazing the ranch was and how they couldn't believe how beautiful everything was. And the limestone lodge was a great place for the wedding party to stay. I definitely suggest the red corral ranch for anyone's wedding who want that amazing hill country feel!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Stefanie · Married on 08/31/2013

I cannot say enough good things about the staff and the venue at Red Corral Ranch. The Ladies at the ranch are warm and friendly, straightforward and super helpful. Our families all came from out of state and out of country to spend a week at the ranch for our wedding. Our guests raved about the space - 'magical!' 'beautiful!' And about the staff, too - SO accommodating, 'we felt at home'. Everyone slept well on their comfy beds, and guests of all ages had a blast - playing in the pool, hottubing hiking the grounds, having coffee and breakfast on the deck, or one of their many nooks to share a special moment. Everyone already wants a reunion there! I cannot be happier about my experience there - it was spectacular!

Sent on 10/21/2013

Erin · Married on 08/24/2013

This ranch was an amazing place for our wedding. From the excellent customer service to the lovely barn we had in our wedding. I absolutely love the Red Corral Ranch. We felt at home and instantly knew we were going to be married here.

Sent on 09/19/2013

Tamara · Married on 08/03/2013

If you’re a bride to be you know that looking for the perfect wedding venue can be a pretty daunting task. All I knew is that I wanted to get married in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. After much searching and visiting many venues we finally came across Red Corral Ranch. We knew it was the perfect place for us the second we stepped foot on the property. There is truly something special about this place and it was exactly the peaceful kind of place we were looking for. When we toured the place we had decided to make a deposit and upon walking into the office found out that another couple had just switched their date to the one weekend that worked for us. The staff at RCR went above and beyond and spoke with the other couple who agreed to stick with their original date, allowing us to have the venue for our preferred date. This was unexpected and much appreciated! Communicating with the staff at RCR was easy and the responses were always timely. They helped the planning run smoothly and put me at ease.
    We got the signature wedding package and stayed on the property for two nights, which allowed us to have the rehearsal dinner on the property as well. I really enjoyed being able to wake-up in the place where I was going to get married and it helped me truly relax and enjoy our wedding day. It was an incredible blessing to have our entire family and the whole wedding party stay on the property with us both nights. Getting to spend this special wedding weekend with everyone we love was a dream come true for us.
    If you’re looking for a hassle free and beautiful venue in the Texas Hill Country with many options (indoor and outdoor for both ceremony and reception) as well as adorable cottages for family and friends to stay in this is the right place for you! I would recommend this venue to anyone without hesitation!

Sent on 09/30/2013

We loved the ranch!!!!! :) Beautiful, Beautiful location!

Sent on 07/19/2013

This venue was absolutely beautiful! The staff at Red Corral Ranch were always so helpful and happy to oblige. I highly recommend using this as a wedding venue for anyone. It is a long ride, but so worth it! It was just simply romantic, relaxing, and fun all at the same time.

Sent on 06/14/2013

Words can not express the wonderful experience we had there. They treat you with the kindness of family. The facility is amazing we enjoyed ourselves so much and now have a place to return when we need to relax and enjoy!

Sent on 02/18/2014

Tracey · Married on 03/09/2013

What a phenomenal venue!!! We went with the Wedding Package and rented the extra cabins on site so that both sides of our family could stay at the ranch all weekend. We had our rehearsal dinner and ceremony in the Celebration Hall, and our reception in the big red barn. Our friends and family were stunned with how beautiful the venue was, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful!

Sent on 03/31/2013

Our wedding at Red Corral Ranch was everything we could have hoped for and their hospitality was unrivaled. Everyone was so nice, professional, and a pleasure to work with. Our guests keep telling us how beautiful the venue was and how much fun they had the whole weekend--from the line dancing and rehearsal dinner at the main grounds to the reception at the Big Red Barn. We could not have chosen a better place to get married.

Sent on 12/14/2012

Leah · Married on 10/13/2012

From our first visit to Red Corral Ranch, we felt extremely comfortable and at peace there. Which was really important for us coming from a hectic life in NYC. All of the staff that we interacted with there while visiting and during our wedding were very friendly and helpful.

The accommodations are so quaint and comfortable. Our whole wedding party stayed in the Limestone Lodge and many of my favorite memories revolve around there: eating breakfast in the mornings with our wedding party, running out of our room (the Rock Room) after the rehearsal dinner was over for a hop in the pool with all of our friends on the Ranch. We used all of the cottages for our friends and they also loved cooking breakfast together and hanging out in the hot tubs after the events. I really want to have a wedding reunion there someday - so fun to have everyone in the cottages.

The venue itself offers so many options for the ceremony and other events. We had our Welcome Dinner on the main lawn on a Friday night in October and the weather was beautiful. On Saturday, we were unfortunate in that it rained for literally the 45-minute sliver of the weekend that was our wedding ceremony, but Red Corral has multiple rain plan options. We started the ceremony under the big tree on the main lawn and darted into Celebration Hall once the rain picked-up. Many of our guests commented on the great acoustics in there and how cozy it felt to have everyone standing together to watch the rest of the ceremony (we had about 67 guests).

The Big Red Barn was perfect for our reception. We had a great set-up that allowed ample space for dancing. We also totally fell in love with the atmosphere when we visited - the twinkle lights, rustic decor, and open feeling were exactly what we were looking for to have a rustic, elegant celebration.

Thank you everyone at Red Corral for everything you did for us!!

Leah and Rob

Sent on 02/11/2013

Courtney · Married on 10/06/2012

We had an amazing weekend staying with our families at RCR. The guys played croquet on the lawn during the day, and our ceremony was under the oak trees on the front step of the pavilion. The reception was up at the barn, which looked gorgeous with little twinkle lights.

I loved the staff at RCR, and they helped so much when I had questions during the planning phase. This is the venue to choose if you want more flexibility of vendors, longer hours, and the freedom to do what you want (within certain rules, of course!) You have to have everything brought in, they don't provide tables or chairs - which I liked since I rented exactly what I wanted.

The staff made us feel like family, and the Red Corral will always be a special place for us to return to and visit - a home away from home!

Sent on 04/12/2013

Kacie · Married on 03/17/2012

Red Corral Ranch was the PERFECT venue for our ceremony and reception. It truly is a magical place! Each and every person that I worked with throughout the planning and during the wedding weekend was incredibly kind and accommodating. Our guests loved everything about the ranch... including the cabins, lodge, hot tubs, pool, peacocks, enormous oak tree wrapped in lights, & the Big Red Barn. The list could go on and on. I would absolutely recommend Red Corral Ranch to anyone looking for a beautiful, peaceful, well managed, and unique location for their wedding!

Sent on 03/28/2012

Megan · Married on 08/20/2011

If you are looking for a wedding venue...look no further!! I wanted the perfect weekend wedding, and Red Corral Ranch was perfect for it! The venue is absolutly breathtaking! They offer cabins for your guests and loved ones to stay, complete with pool and hottubs! You can do a brunch after the wedding to tlk about all the good times you had the night before. I utlized an outside venue for the ceremony, and the big red barn for the reception. My guests are still raving.." I have never been to a more perfect wedding!". The staff are the friendliest people you will ever meet! Just tell them what you are wanting and they will work with you to make it happen! I wish I could do it all over again! My new hubby and I are already trying to find an excuse to invite our friends and family back for another weekend!! definitly schedule a visit!!

Sent on 09/12/2011

Red Corral Ranch's reply:

Thank you Mrs. Knight! We are so honored to have been a part of your big weekend. We look forward to having y'all back anytime. ;)

Morgan · Married on 06/16/2011

Red Corral Ranch was absolutely perfect! We had our wedding on a Thursday so that we could make it work with our budget and it was PERFECT! the staff were all helpful and kind. I wholeheartedly recommend Red Corral to anyone!

Sent on 07/05/2011

J.P. · Married on 05/01/2010

Fantastic place!! My wife and I checked out 16 venues in one weekend. The RCR put them all to shame. Nothing even compared. It had a great location with great scenery, plenty of parking, and more than enough to do (if you care to do anything but nothing.)

We live in Houston but both of us wanted to get married around the Hill Country so I got online. I am a research freak, I'll spend hours online checking out reviews from customers and editors. This place hit the mark everywhere. The only complaint I ever saw was from some dimwit who was upset because the Ranch didn't provide daily maid service. What a loon.

Most of the venues we went to only provided you with a 4-5 hour slot of time. You might get 30-60 minutes before and after to set up and break down. All of our guests were coming from out of town (some from out of state) so it just seemed a little crude to have them drive in for the day, rush to the ceremony, rush to eat dinner, squeeze in a 1st dance and a cake cutting then shove them out the door for their efforts. Seeing how that seemed to be the only option, we considered paying extra at some of these venues for a couple of extra hours (some of them didn't even have that option.) Then we got to visit the Red Corral Ranch. You check in Friday at 3pm and check out Sunday at 12 Noon. 45 hours vs. 4 hours. Boy was that a hard decision. For the same price as all the others (actually quite a bit less than a few, a little more than a couple of others.) we got the whole weekend!! Not only that, but the Ranch has accommodations for about 33 people. 15 are included with the Ranch rental and then there's 3 cabins you can rent separately to fill the next 18 slots (7-7-4). We paid extra and were able to show up a day early which worked out fantastic. A full day of rest before the rehearsal.

We got compliments from just about everybody who came to our wedding. A great number of them want to come back on their own. Even our family from New Jersey were talking about having a family reunion there next year. 1100 acres of fabulous. We didn't even get to see half of the Ranch there was so much to do there. Swimming pool, skeet range, horseshoe pits, hammocks, bike trails, hike trails, horseback riding, hot tubs & BBQ grills at every cabin...Good Times!!

Hopefully we can book our 1st anniversary at one of the cabins. the least you could do is visit the place. Words can not do this place enough justice. Thumbs up!!

Sent on 05/27/2010

Alyssa · Married on 11/28/2009

Every bit of our wedding was perfect! The reception and ceremony venue is what made our wedding so special and unique!! Everything was beautiful! It was great to be able to stay on property and have our families with us. The staff was so helpful and nice. We fell in love with the ranch, and couldn't have asked for anything more....THANK YOU!

Sent on 12/03/2009

Christina · Married on 09/19/2009

The Red Corral Ranch in Wimberley, TX is the place to get married. If you are looking to have a country wedding, the Red Corral Ranch is the place! The pictures on their website do not do the ranch justice. It is a MUST to visit the ranch! The serenity and beauty of it will take your breath away! The package they offer is so great, and allows many of your family or friends stay on the ranch for free. They truely make it a home away from home for you! Not only is the ranch its own utopia, but the staff is simply amazing! Any question I had, or any concern I had, I had a staff member contact me quickly! I am so glad and have no regrets whatsoever for having my wedding at the Red Corral Ranch! Everything was perfect!

Sent on 10/05/2009

Stephanie · Married on 12/13/2008

I loved Red Corral Ranch. I definitely will come back for a stay to celebrate anniversaries and such. It is so beautiful, the staff are amazing accommodating and everyone had so much fun.

Sent on 03/04/2009

Marla · Married on 08/09/2008

This place is an undiscovered treasure in the Texas Hill Country! Everyone there is SOOO nice. It definitely is on the pricier side but it was very very much worth it. Guests loved staying in the adorable cabins (complete with hot tubs!) And it added a very natural, unpretentious tone to our wedding.

Sent on 09/05/2008

Kendall · Married on 06/25/2016

The Red Corral Ranch was the perfect venue for us! We held our rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception dinner and dance all on the property. The property offers so many beautiful locations to choose from! The staff at the Red Corral Ranch were friendly, helpful, and always accessible. The part we loved the most was the option to rent out the additional cabins so our family and wedding party could all stay together truly making it the best wedding weekend celebration!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Latricia · Married on 04/10/2016

My son and beautiful daughter-in-law were married at RCR on April 10, 2016 and it was magical absolutely magical. The venue was exactly what they were looking for. So very beautiful. The staff was amazing. They were so kind, patient and so very helpful. They made sure everything was perfect. They were flexible and helped make whatever the bride and groom wanted be done. They made the rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception so easy for us and they could not have been more professional. The owners for RCR should be extraordinarily proud of the staff they have in place. Thank you Red Corral Ranch for making our wedding a dream come true

Sent on 10/20/2016