Red Corral Ranch Reviews

70 | Wimberley, TX

70 Reviews for Red Corral Ranch

Sally · Married on 03/03/2018

Vicki and Diana were great to work with and they took care of everything. They run a great event and allowed us to relax and enjoy our big day. Check out this amazing venue!

Sent on 08/09/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/14/2016

When my fiancé and I started researching wedding venues, I immediately thought of the Red Corral Ranch. I had been to two weddings there before, and thought the trees and the buildings there were gorgeous. Luckily, we were able to secure a date with them, and were so thrilled that we did! We especially appreciated that we could rent all the houses on the property for our families and bridal party. On the big day, our ceremony in Celebration Hall was wonderful, and everyone had a blast at our reception in the Big Red Barn. Since then, we've had so much fun revisiting the beautiful setting in our wedding photos and videos. It was a magical weekend! Thanks so much, Red Corral Ranch!!!

Sent on 01/11/2017

Red Corral Ranch allowed us to make our wedding into a weekend event. Our entire bridal party as well as approximately 20 family members were able to stay on property Friday through Sunday. The team at Red Corral is very responsive and always willing to help. The grounds are large and give many options for events, plus they are absolutely gorgeous!

Sent on 05/25/2016

Jessica · Married on 11/14/2015

Having our wedding weekend at the Red Corral Ranch was a dream come true. We were able to house our wedding party in the lodge and both my and my husband's immediate families in the cabins. We had so many options in terms of a rehearsal dinner space and ceremony/reception. Janet and Penny are AMAZING and were always quick to respond with an answer and make things work for us. It was a fantastic weekend!

Sent on 12/10/2015
  • Danita

Danita · Married on 09/20/2015

Just wow... I could not be happier with choosing them for our wedding. My husband and I were thrilled with the location, the beauty, the hospitality, and pretty much everything there. They were always quick to respond, overly accommodating, and the place is more gorgeous than any picture can capture. I love this location, and wish we could have spent more time there in the beauty and with the sweet people running the place. Penny was always so sweet in our emails and made my dreams come true. So so so thankful for Red Corral Ranch!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Beautiful venue. Awesome customer service. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/03/2015

Megan · Married on 05/30/2015

The venue is stunning and all the staff went above and beyond to make sure everyone was comfortable and happy. I could not imagine using another venue. I can't wait to go back and stay for our anniversary!

Sent on 06/23/2015

Drew · Married on 05/09/2015

We loved every minute spent at our wedding weekend at Red Corral Ranch! We were in search of a venue that offered lots of flexibility and Red Corral was able to accommodate our every need. We were able to have the Ceremony in the Pecan Grove. All our photos turned out so lovely under all those amazing trees. And one of the many peacocks on the property even came over to photobomb us a few times. What fun! We moved up to to the Red Barn for the reception and danced the night away under the twinkly lights inside and the stars outside.

Throughout the wedding weekend we were also able to host other events right on site, including the Rehearsal Dinner in Celebration Hall and a lovely brunch outside near the pool area and the Labyrinth. Each event was unique and we felt like we took full advantage of the property.

The best thing about the ranch for us was also that it had such great on site accommodations. Our entire bridal party, as well as a few family members traveling in from out of town were all able to stay with us at the ranch. It made things so much easier to have everyone around and we saved a lot of money on shuttles and transportation costs. Best of all, the cabin that we stayed in on the wedding night (Stillpoint Cabin) was so sweet and had perhaps the most comfy bed I've ever slept in. My new husband and I fell asleep under the stars, which we could see through the awesome skylight in the ceiling. We were awakened that morning by a light rain and never wanted to get out of bed.

Our family enjoyed the event so much that several of them mentioned returning to the ranch and planning a family reunion event for the near future. Do yourself a favor and call up Janet at the Ranch now, they will make your dream wedding come true!!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Leasy · Married on 03/07/2015

The Red Corral Ranch was the perfect place to have a Texas rustic wedding. It was such a calm and relaxing venue. The out of town guests, bride, groom, bridesmaids, and groomsmen loved spending the weekend on the ranch. The staff could not have been more helpful and nice. It was a great experience for everyone.

Sent on 05/20/2015

Alanna · Married on 02/14/2015

Swoon! The entire weekend was perfection, and the venue made that all possible. Our wedding party arrived Friday for rehearsal and we didn't leave the ranch until Sunday morning, when we went into wimberley for brunch. The bridesmaids and our parents slept at the main site and the groomsmen stayed a mile'ish away in the cabins - which was perfect! The boys stayed up late and were loud/rowdy after our rehearsal dinner, and us gals never heard a thing when we retired for our beauty sleep :) . We had our ceremony on the lawn, and then reception in the big red barn. I wish we could do it all over again! THANKs yalls

Sent on 02/14/2017

January · Married on 01/24/2015

I am in love with this venue, and their workers!! My wedding could not have been more perfect. I would definitely recommend staying the entire weekend on the property with your guests if possible in your budget! They were there for me any time I had a question. Wether through email or calling, someone always responded instantly! They worked their butts off to get a road cleared as it was muddy from raining nonstop a couple of days before. I can't say enough good things about this place. Amazing amazing Ranch!!!

Sent on 01/29/2015

Emily · Married on 12/13/2014

We cannot say enough good things about Red Corral Ranch! From the moment we called to set up our appointment and met with Janet, we knew this was the place we wanted to be married! Everyone was so friendly and excited to have us there. They were always accommodating when we wanted to have our parents and siblings come see the ranch and Penny was available every time we had a question or concern about the big day!

The week before the wedding, they were on top of things! Penny made sure that we felt comfortable with how the weekend was going to run and that we had everything we needed. She met with us and our wedding planner to discuss specifics and I felt entirely sure that things were going to run smoothly.

The wedding weekend was perfect! It was a beautiful weekend and all our families enjoyed staying on the ranch. We used the Limestone Lodge for the bridal party and the cottages for our families. They all had a wonderful time and it really got us all closer as a family! We are already planning to go back for a reunion!

The onsite staff for RCR is so helpful - they were there throughout the day of the wedding to answer questions, help us light the tree, and even find missing tables! They were incredible.

One final thought that made Red Corral Ranch stand out: my mother-in-law misplaced her wallet while at the ranch and didn't realize it until we had all left. After letting the ranch know, not only did they search tirelessly, but when they found it, they mailed it back to my mother-in-law, free of charge and insured! We were all so shocked and grateful for this amazing kindness, but then again, that's just the way this incredibly generous and family-oriented venue is. We just can't say enough good things.

Thanks again Red Corral Ranch for making our weekend absolutely perfect!

Sent on 01/06/2015

Jessica · Married on 12/06/2014

Everything about our wedding at Red Corral Ranch was perfect. We had our ceremony at the Big Red Barn and our guests enjoyed beautiful scenery, a large fire, and a hayride!

I dealt with Janet and Penny mostly and they are so thoughtful and kind! From booking the venue to our actual wedding day, Red Corral Ranch made our experience exceptional and perfect!

Sent on 01/11/2015

Obviously finding a wedding venue for your big day is a huge deal, and Red Corral Ranch understands that! From the moment we first walked through the door and met with the staff they made me feel so important and like anything was possible. Their venue is beautiful and the staff is always at your service for any requests you have. They are very quick to respond to their messages and emails which is always appreciated! I wouldn't change a thing about my wedding venue, everything turned out perfect!

Sent on 11/25/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 10/14/2014

The scenery is breathtaking, everything is so loved and well cared for, the staff are the most friendly and helpful people you could imagine and you just get a feeling of peace when you're there. Penny and Janet made planning from afar such a breeze.

We had a lot of family come from overseas and we all stayed on the ranch together for 3 nights. It was so much more than the typical wedding that lasts just a few hours. It was a bonding experience! Our friends and family still rave about how much fun they had and how perfect it was to stay there together.

We had our rehearsal dinner in Celebration Hall. It looked so nice and was the perfect set up for toasts and slideshows. The best thing was that we didn't have to go anywhere afterwards. We all just hung out at the hot tub/pool.

The bridal suite and the bedroom connected to it are adorable. I loved waking up to see my dress and spending that morning getting ready with my girls. Super stress-free! We set up our makeup/hair artists on the long dining room table and my mom made a bridal lunch in the kitchen.

Our ceremony was on the labyrinth. It's such a unique setting and the pictures turned out so beautiful! The hay ride was so perfectly Texan too! The red barn was stunning with its twinkly lights. Our pictures turned out fantastic, even once it got dark. The fire pit was also super fun for making s'mores. It was unforgettable!

After our sparkler exit we drove out to the adorable honeymoon cottage. The bed is on a loft so you have to climb a ladder and the bathroom is in a separate building connected to the porch, but we didn't mind at all. We loved it! Secluded and so sweet! We cooked breakfast together and drank coffee on the front porch. We love RCR and can't wait to go back! 5 stars all the way!

Sent on 04/24/2015

michelle · Married on 09/13/2014

This venue was the perfect mix of country and beauty. The accommodations fit all of our needs and housed our entire bridal party and immediate family. I loved every detail of this location. From the peacocks to the original limestone cabin built in the 1800's, it just worked with our style, theme, family, and events. We had our wedding in front of Celebration Hall in the middle of the gnarly oak trees out front. You barley need any decorations with the surrounding beauty. I loved having everything at your fingertips and not having to stress about "getting to the church on time". We had the rehearsal dinner at the venue the previous night and then everyone helped to decorate the barn for the reception. It was really fun to have everyone in one location to spend more time with your loved ones that you rarely get to see. There are acres of land to go play on and we explored a majority of it on our 4-wheelers. Also, there are prep areas all over the property along with a commercial freezer. One word of advice, if you are having alcohol delivered to the site, tell the people from the liquor store not to touch the thermometer in the freezer. They froze all my flowers. Other than that the whole weekend was spectacular and I would highly recommend this venue to all brides looking for a hill country wedding!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Camille · Married on 08/23/2014

Wonderful venue, wonderful staff. Made our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 08/26/2014

Jenna · Married on 06/21/2014

Red Corral Ranch was the perfect venue for our wedding. We booked a year in advanced, and RCR staff made themselves available for whatever we needed throughout the planning process. The wedding weekend was absolutely picturesque and we received so many compliments from all of our guests. Having the entire ranch for the weekend, with accommodations for 33 people made it feel more like a reunion, which was incredible! Being a destination wedding, it was also much less stressful being able to have everything on site. I can't recommend this place highly enough! It was simply magical

Sent on 06/30/2014

My daughter recently married at Red Corral Ranch, and the entire experience was lovely. All staff members are attentive and capable. The ranch itself is beautiful. My family, the bridesmaids, the groomsmen, and several members of the groom's family all stayed on the property. We had the rehearsal dinner outside on the main lawn, the wedding ceremony on the labyrinth, and the reception in the barn. Everything went smoothly; we loved every minute. My husband and I plan to go back and stay several days in the Limestone Lodge.

Sent on 06/05/2014

Mya · Married on 05/18/2014

Perfect venue for my country chic Texas Hill Country Wedding. Staff is phenomenal.

Sent on 06/08/2014

taylor · Married on 05/17/2014

My husband and I got married at the Red Corral Ranch this past May and it was more beautiful and wonderful than I could have ever imagined. Penny and the rest of the staff were so accommodating and there was never a question or request that they didn't do their absolute best to answer or make possible for us. They happily accepted all of our calls throughout the nine months that we were wedding planning and never responded with anything less than the perfect combination of professionalism and southern hospitality. By the time the wedding weekend had arrived, I felt like they were a part of our family. We were able to stay on the ranch with nearly both of our entire families and wedding parties for the weekend, which is what we always envisioned for our wedding weekend. The accommodations were immaculate and the attention to detail is unprecedented (down to the farm fresh eggs and homemade zucchini bread in the fridge at every cabin)! If we had to do it all over again, there's no doubt that Red Corral would be our choice. My husband and I are definitely going to try to come back for a visit to the darling honeymoon suite on our one year anniversary! Thank you for all of your hard work Red Corral Ranch - we love you!

Sent on 09/11/2014

sally · Married on 05/10/2014

I had always imagined that my wedding ceremony would take place outdoors. I hoped to be surrounded by my loved ones in a peaceful and natural setting. Following our engagement I started to search for venues in the Austin area. Being originally from NJ and having the majority of my family members in NJ I wanted to find a place where everyone could travel to and not feel rushed. My mom is actually the person who first discovered Red Corral Ranch. She sent me over a link and I immediately set up an appointment to take a tour. Just driving up the long roadway that lead to the ranch made me emotional. I knew without stepping onto the grounds that this was exactly what I was looking for. From the tour that day, to the booking, and every process in between Red Corral Ranch made our wedding planning and wedding day blissful. I can not say enough kind words about all of the staff members. Penny and Janet were so easy to communicate with and never pushy. Just great people overall. The grounds were immaculate on our wedding day. It had rained for several days leading up to the wedding and still everything was perfectly manicured and care for. We were able to accommodate almost all the bridesmaids and groomsmen into two of the cabins, the third housed my parents-in-law. The larger house is where I stayed with my immediate family. I knew that there was staff on the ranch but it always felt like a private and intimate setting. We held our rehearsal dinner in Celebration hall. It was all just so perfect! Our wedding went off without a hitch. We used the gorgeous lighted true as a backdrop for our ceremony and the peacocks joined us in the trees. The cocktail hour was held in front of the barn and the reception followed inside the Big Red Barn. Everyone I had spoken to since the wedding had said it was the best wedding they have ever been to. Maybe they are just saying that but my husband and I certainly felt like it was the greatest day of our life.

Sent on 01/07/2015

Jessica · Married on 05/04/2014

My husband and I chose the Big Red Barn at Red Corral Ranch for our ceremony and reception site, and the day was a truly magical one...largely in part to the setting. The office and grounds staff is responsive, flexible, and helpful from the initial planning stage through the final clean-up stage. The fire pit was a great conversation area, and the kids in attendance just loved the hay ride. I'll always remember that any time I would tell anyone from the area where I was getting married, they would have nothing but the nicest things to say about RCR...and it absolutely lived up to its reputation. I highly recommend Red Corral Ranch!

Sent on 05/07/2014

Danielle · Married on 04/26/2014

We cannot say enough good things about the Red Corral Ranch. Even when you take away the sheer beauty of this Hill Country oasis, the staff of people working here always made it feel as if we were visiting our family! They remember every thing about you and are always so willing to help you out in both the planning process and the time you are at the ranch. We were planning our wedding weekend from out of state for half the time and then three hours away. The RCR staff didn't miss a beat when we asked them questions and always responded very promptly both by email and phone. Our wedding party stayed at the Ranch for three nights and just enjoyed every minute. We cannot recommend the Red Corral Ranch enough!!!!

Sent on 04/29/2014

Kristina · Married on 02/01/2014

My husband and I enthusiastically recommend the Red Corral Ranch. From literally the first time I called, we were always given consideration, respect, and prompt service. Our Saturday morning wedding, with a game hour in between the ceremony and brunch reception, did not fit their packages (designed for afternoon/evening weddings) at all, but since we married during the “off-season” in February, the staff enthusiastically designed a custom package for us that gave us more than we’d even asked for – at the price we’d hoped for! The staff was phenomenal throughout our wedding weekend, with the innkeepers, Jody and Kimberley, fetching us extra towels and a hammer, updating us on burn bans for our bonfires, and helping me navigate the hay wagon in my wedding gown for photo ops.

The grounds at the ranch were ideal – plenty of trails, pastures, open spaces, and native plants (plus the beautiful peacocks that roam around), but with convenient walkways between the main buildings. We stayed in the Lodge, which was very clean, tastefully appointed, well-stocked, and supplied with delicious breakfast foods, including homemade strawberry bread and farm-fresh eggs. Our guest list was about 100 people, and everyone easily fit into Celebration Hall for the ceremony and the Big Red Barn for the reception. The Cookhouse was charming for our rehearsal dinner of about 20 people.

One thing to consider is the ranch does not offer tables/chairs, linens, or staff to set up/break down. We arranged for some rental items that were delivered, but drove in a UHaul of borrowed items and set everything up ourselves to keep costs down. A few snafus did make things very stressful at last minute, but overall, we feel the benefits of being at the ranch for the weekend far outweighed this one negative. If you’re looking for a rustic setting with all the amenities and a staff that treats you like family, Red Corral Ranch is perfect!

Sent on 06/20/2014