Red Apple Tree Photography Reviews

115 | Greenville, SC

115 Reviews for Red Apple Tree Photography

Megan · Married on 05/30/2015

Book them!!! If you're looking at reviews you've probably already fallen in love with their images (which are just phenomenal!!) and now you should know that the couple behind the camera are just as phenomenal! Keith and Crystal instantly felt like friends, and that made us so comfortable and trusting. I highly recommend booking an engagement session so you can figure out what poses feel the most genuine to you, and then by the wedding you'll be an expert! One of my FAVORITE things about Keith and Crystal was they asked me to create a wedding photography Pinterest board so they could see what I like, and THEN they printed out ALL those images and brought them to our engagement shoot to replicate some of our favorites! Talk about getting EXACTLY what you want! I also loved how there was no limits for the engagement shoot - some photographers might have a time limit, or stop after taking a certain number of pictures, not them! We went everywhere we could in downtown Charleston until it was too dark out to continue (some of my favorites were the last few they took!). Then to the wedding day. As the bride you want to feel beautiful, and Keith and Crystal were so complimentary and excited about the images they were capturing that I felt amazing all day! Once again they took every picture/pose I requested, and were so efficient when it came to the standard family poses so that we didn't waste too much time (can't tell you how important this is!). Having been in weddings before, I've seen how FEW photos that the couples have with each other and with their bridal party - not us! We had a gallery of almost 2000 completely flawless pictures! Going through the gallery reminded me of all the emotions of that day and took me right back to those moments, I couldn't ask for a better reaction! If you book Red Apple Tree you'll get everything you want, enjoy the process, and be totally in love with the images you receive!! Thanks Keith and Crystal, we are so happy with everything!!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Stacie · Married on 05/24/2015

Red Apple Tree Photography did our engagement photos and this past weekend, our wedding photos. We haven't received the wedding photos yet, but our engagement photos were awesome so we know these will be too. We felt compelled to write the review early because with a 5 out of 5 on weddingwire.com, most of the reviews already tell you how good they are at the photography part of the job. This review is intended to give insight to what truly sets Red Apple Tree Photography apart, in our estimation, from all other photographers.

SImply put: Keith and Crystal. We cannot do justice in words to how awesome these two are (but we're sure going to try). Not only are they great at their job - they managed to be seemingly everywhere at once throughout the whole long day while not being in the way even once - but they are also just the perfect people. They seem to be a genuinely happy couple who have immense love for one another. We cannot explain why this matters, but on a day when you are already a bit nervous and stressed, the warm smiles that never leave their face is an incredibly calming influence. I (the groom) have always felt awkward taking pictures, but with Crystal there smiling (or even making funny faces when necessary) I couldn't help but have a genuine smile on my face that will hopefully show up in the pictures.

We thought it was important to write the review this way because we assume most wedding photographers are good and know what they are doing. However, not all photographers have the genuine warmth and passion for their work that Keith and Crystal emanate. To us, this puts them miles ahead of the competition and we can't recommend them any more whole-heartedly.

Sent on 05/30/2015

Courtney · Married on 05/01/2015

I absolutely do not have the words to describe how wonderful Keith and Crystal were to work with! After we got engaged, we did tons of research into area photographers and thought we would have a really hard time deciding on one. After our first phone call with them, however, we were instantly sure of who we wanted to handle such an important part of our day. Not only were they extremely easy to work with and so personable, they were also super patient with us as we changed our mind from having a formal wedding to a casual elopement with no pictures and back to our formal wedding.

The most impressive thing about Red Apple Tree is how amazing and fast they are! We wanted a few special pictures at a different location for our engagement shoot. Almost as soon as Keith and Crystal arrived, it started pouring. They managed to get some wonderful pictures of us in the thirty seconds they had before the bottom dropped out and we were so impressed with how well they turned out in such a short amount of time. Our wedding pictures were also super quick and we were able to sneak away from the reception and get some amazing sunset photos without anyone even noticing we were gone!

From the price to their technical skill to their ability to make even the shyest of couples comfortable with the camera, we absolutely could not recommend them highly enough! We have heard over and over and over from our bridal party and our guests how amazing they were and how impressed everyone was with our pictures. We love Red Apple Tree and can't wait to work with them again in the future!

Sent on 06/04/2015

Miranda · Married on 04/25/2015

Keith and Crystal are very professional. They are also very kind and make you feel comfortable in front of the camera. They blended in so well during the ceremony and reception that I didn't even realize I was having my picture made. Several wedding guests and members of the wedding party commented on how great these two are. If I could do it all over again I would definitely use Red Apple Tree again!

Sent on 06/04/2015

Chelse · Married on 04/16/2015

Crystal and Keith were absolutely amazing in every way. They went above and beyond from beginning to end. My husband and I didn't have much wedding experience, and they helped us out with some of the logistics. For example, they walked us through the cutting of the cake before taking any pictures to make sure the moment was what we wanted it to be. From the moment they arrived, they were a perfect match for not only my husband and me, but all of the other guests as well. They fit in completely, and actually seemed to add to the experience of the day. Most importantly, we were a little concerned about the possibility of the photographers making the day a little awkward. We were afraid they would overshoot everything, and make things seem staged and uncomfortable. The moment Crystal and Keith began working, we knew that wasn't going to be an issue. It felt so natural...they were friendly, well spoken, clear in their directions, and just made the process so easy and pleasant! It was a lot of fun being involved with them throughout the process. It's funny, because as a couple, we've never been very photogenic. The pictures Crystal and Keith took of us though have us reconsidering that! They turned out perfect. I would recommend these two for any event, and for any person. You will not be disappointed in any way!

Sent on 04/20/2015

Katie Jo · Married on 03/14/2015

We are absolutely THRILLED with our photos from our wedding day! Crystal and Keith captured every moment of our big day perfectly. They were a joy to work with and made us feel completely comfortable in front of the camera. All of our family members continue to comment on how fantastic our photos are. We would highly recommend Crystal and Keith to anyone. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 04/17/2015

Vanessa · Married on 11/08/2014

Keith and Crystal are a wonderful asset for any bride! They captured our engagement photos and paid close attention to capturing our true personality. We are grateful to have also used them for our wedding, and we have not yet seen the gallery, we are really excited! When we started talking with them they were more than helpful, Keith really knows what questions to ask about the timeline of the day. I am so happy with their work, their professionalism and their fantastic creative energy, you will be too!

Sent on 11/22/2014

Erin · Married on 11/01/2014

I cannot not imagine working with anyone other than Keith and Crystal for our wedding photography. From the moment I met them I knew I wanted their eyes to capture this special time in our life. It is clear they are a talented team that has an incredible passion and eye for what they do. I loved creating a relationship with them through engagement photos and bridal portraits. It is clear that they knew us and took photographs that reflect who we are and who our families are. Getting to work with them over the months of our engagement led to them so perfectly capturing the excitement, beauty, love, and joy of our wedding weekend. My husband and I absolutely cherish each photograph. Thank you, Keith and Crystal. We could not be happier and treasure all of your hard work.

Sent on 12/30/2014

Catherine · Married on 10/18/2014

I can't even begin to describe how awesome Keith and Crystal are. From the moment I called them, they felt like family and I knew that I HAD to work with them for my wedding. From the start, they were helpful, professional, and FUN! When my DJ cancelled on me, they took the time to suggest new ones to me... despite their super busy schedules. As we got closer to the day, they were very patient and understanding as I changed my mind about the schedule and made several adjustments over the course of a few weeks. Their patience and understanding was so helpful to me. I felt bad for changing my mind a few times, but they didn't let it frustrate them. On the day of the wedding, they helped direct my guests after my wedding coordinator disappeared. Keith stepped up and announced where people were to go and my stress at the moment vanished instantly. At every turn, Keith and Crystal went above and beyond for us. They share their heart and soul with you, and genuinely care about you and capturing the special moments of your day. I never believed people when they say you barely remember your day, so I am thankful that I made the investment in photography with people that I adore. Thank you so much, Crystal and Keith! I am so very thankful for you both!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Lindsey · Married on 09/20/2014

I was absolutely thrilled with the service that my husband and I received with Red Apple Tree Photography. They are such a wonderful team to work with, and they both definitely went above and beyond. I, an out-of-state bride, was trying to plan a wedding with the help of my mother, who was a time-zone away, and my fiance, who is living across the world. To say the least it was a challenging experience, but Crystal and Keith were life savers. They were so patient with me and my family. They were willing to answer all of my questions; they helped develop our wedding schedule; and they even were able to absorb and adjust to some last minute scheduling changes.

My husband and I typically look like awkward zombies in photos, but Crystal and Keith really worked hard to make us feel comfortable in front of the camera, and the photos came out fantastic as a result. Crystal and Keith shot the bridal portrait session and the wedding. I really didn't know what to expect with the bridal session, but they really made me feel beautiful and special, which I think is what every girl is looking for from her bridal session..it's our one chance to be a model! :) As for the wedding, I couldn't have asked for better. I feel like Crystal and Keith understood what we were looking to get out of the day and I think their photos really captured our personalities and portrayed the beautiful, but laid back and fun atmosphere that was our wedding day.

This team was by far my favorite vendor at the wedding, and because of them, I have fabulous photos of what I'm sure will be some of my most cherished memories. Thank you Crystal and Keith!

Sent on 02/09/2015

Renee · Married on 09/13/2014

I am amazed by quality of work and the display of talent of Keith and Crystal of Red Apple Tree Photography. Each memory was captured with such creativity and passion. Their attention to detail let me relive every moment of the happiest day of my life. I would so highly recommend Red Apple Tree Photography for any of your photography needs.

Sent on 10/13/2014

Tara · Married on 09/05/2014

Crystal and Keith are the most amazing people to work with, hands down. I got married in Greenville on October 4, 2014, at the Old Cigar Warehouse. Living out of state, 800 miles away from the venue and all vendors, seemed a bit daunting at first - but after my first phone call with Crystal, I knew I was making the right decision and that this was all going to be easy. It was more than easy, it was fun and a pleasure to get to know Crystal and Keith.

Crystal and Keith took the time to talk to me over the phone, which I greatly appreciate, responded to my email questions (which I had like 1000), and helped me get an idea for the kinds of photographs I wanted for the wedding. They paid attention to a Pinterest board I set up with images I liked, and got all of them during the wedding (even the ones I forgot about!). The day of the wedding was amazing with them. With no wedding planner, my husband and I were constantly about 30 minutes behind schedule rounding people up and putting them where they needed to be. Those two went with the flow, were so supportive and fun to have around, and still managed to make it all happen. I wasn't a nervous bride (ok, that's a lie), but they made me feel comfortable, happy and fortunate to be surrounded by great people. I love them with all my heart and wish them the best. You should definitely book them, as I'm pretty sure they're two of the best photogs in the upstate. No, South Carolina!

Also, my pictures came in a month after the wedding - which is pretty impressive. :)

Sent on 12/30/2014

Nelle · Married on 08/31/2014

Keith & Crystal took our engagement & wedding day photos, our wedding photos aren't out yet but don't even need to see them in order to tell you hiring them was hands down one of the best decisions we made. They provide SO much more than just photos. Weddings are stressful, the planning and the actual event, yet these two people I'm sure without even knowing they are doing anything, put a smile back on your face and remind you what your wedding is actually about.

Your wedding photographer will be with you during the moments only those closest to you are there (pre-hair & makeup, getting dressed, before you walk down the aisle, etc) which could be rather awkward since you probably don't know your photographer very well however Keith and Crystal made this process seem like any other day. They were always very professional and took care of business but along the way allowed you to have some fun. I will say we were probably some of their worst models (soft stares into the distance are not an easy thing to pull off) however the memories we have of sharing this experience with them are wonderful.

At the end of the day you need to pick the photographer that best suits you and your personality however if professionalism, fun, and genuinely good people are things that are important to you I'd advise at least meeting with Keith & Crystal. I don't know what it will be but I will 100% find an excuse to hire them again in the future for something, and if you hire them for your wedding (which you should), ENJOY...they rock!

Sent on 09/28/2014

Steven · Married on 08/09/2014

Keith and Crystal are great to work with and our engagement and wedding photos were both spectacular.

Sent on 09/23/2014

Kathy · Married on 07/18/2014

I couldn't be more pleased than I am with the amazing service provided by Red Apple Tree Photography! I hired them based on a recommendation from a friend and I have thanked her effusively. Red Apple Tree came to a family getaway my husband and I were hosting at Lake Keowee. The weather was dull and raining, but Keith worked magic with the lighting and you can't even tell! It is impossible to choose a shot because they were ALL wonderful! Crystal worked with my loved ones, made everyone absolutely comfortable and simply brought out the best in all of us. We are all thrilled. I highly recommend Ted Apple Tree!!

Sent on 08/01/2014

Keith · Married on 07/12/2014

Words can’t describe how happy we were with our experience with Red Apple Tree. Keith and Crystal were nothing short of Amazing! Professionally they did a fantastic job with our pictures both engagement and the wedding. They were everywhere and got pictures of everything and everybody. We just got them back and could not be happier with the results! But beyond that, they are such a pleasure to work with! They go out of their way to make everything as perfect as possible. The only regret we have is we didn't get a picture with them as they turned out to be such a big part of our special day! Absolutely LOVED these guys!!!

Sent on 08/13/2014

Hiring Keith and Crystal to be our photographers was the easiest and best decision my husband and I made. Unlike many brides, I did not have to stress out about my photographers and how my pictures were going to turn out. Our engagement, bridal and wedding pictures were more than we could ever dreamed of. Keith and Crystal are so incredibly easy to work with. They made my husband and I feel relaxed and like we were on a photo shoot with friends. Not only did they respond in a very timely manner to every email or phone call, they were very flexible with my schedule as a night shift nurse. Their value as professionals and their talent is worth every penny and more.

Sent on 01/19/2015

Shana · Married on 06/07/2014

INCREDIBLE TALENT!
    Choosing Red Apple Tree Photography was easily the best decision we made for our wedding.
    Keith + Crystal have that rare combination of possessing insane talent and being incredibly personal.
    They shot both our engagement session and wedding, and the photos are just out of this world. The pair put you at ease and give you pictures you will cherish the rest of your lives. By having two photographers, not a single detail or moment is missed. Just look at their portfolio, the art speaks for itself.
    Making two new awesome friends, who genuinely care about your satisfaction, is just icing on the (wedding) cake.
    Side note: the business portion is also excellent. They clearly communicate plans, payment, when to expect photos, etc.
    We can't say enough good things about working with them. Worth every penny.

Sent on 07/08/2014

Amanda · Married on 05/31/2014

Keith & Crystal are so, so kind and talented! My entire experience with them, from the very first phone call, was perfect! My bridal portraits were SO good and they made it so easy for me! When we received our wedding photos, they were so much more than we could have every imagined! Keith and Crystal did not miss a single second of our special day! They were, by far, the best vendor associated with our wedding. Thank you Keith & Crystal! :)

Sent on 07/02/2014

Liza · Married on 05/25/2014

Keith and Crystal are absolutely fantastic! The care, detail, and hard work that was put in by them is astounding. They made my husband and I feel so comfortable and at ease. They are both so incredibly sweet and down to earth. We're both extremely grateful that we found them. Also, each photograph they take is amazing. We had so many guests rave about them and how wonderful they are. I promise that if you choose Red Apple Tree, you will not regret it!

Sent on 06/13/2014

Amy · Married on 05/17/2014

Keith and Crystal were absolutely AMAZING for my wedding! From the engagement and bridal portrait session to the actual wedding day, they made everything fun and easy. They truly make the couple feel like superstars and know the best way to capture extraordinary pictures...not to mention they are just about the sweetest people you will ever meet in your life. If you want the best pictures and the best experience, I HIGHLY recommend Keith and Crystal at Red Apple Tree!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Vanessa · Married on 04/12/2014

I am so happy that I picked Red Apple Tree. They went above and beyond! They took my wedding pictures and did my bridal shoot. Crystal and Keith are super nice and easy to work with. I wasn't sure of how to pose for pictures and they showed me where to put my arms and how to stand. I made a Pinterest board with all the pictures I liked, so on my wedding day they printed those and made sure to take the poses/pictures that I wanted. They captured everything I wanted, candid photos, dancing photos, posed photos... We just got our pictures back and they are amazing! And everyone at the wedding said they loved them! :) Extremely pleased with them and would recommend them to everyone! And will continue to use them for future events (baby photos, family photos, etc.) :)

Sent on 05/13/2014

Elise · Married on 03/29/2014

I have to admit – I was super nervous about having a bridal portrait done. The very thought brought tears to my eyes due to fear of feeling uncomfortable and looking awkward. If I had any other photographers I may have had reason to fear but Crystal and Keith were amazing from the beginning to the end. Keith explained their partnership best when he described how he is always looking at the stylistic big picture while Crystal looks for the details and is basically like a best girl friend: pushing a hair out of your face or reminding you to push your shoulders back. They instantly relaxed me and made me feel great. I felt like I was taking pictures with friends . . . who just so happened to know exactly how to pose me. I asked them to make me look like I could be in a magazine and they absolutely succeeded.
    They continued their general fabulousness at the wedding. They were with my husband and I for 12 hours capturing every bit of our wedding. They are extremely versatile. They were able to take amazing candid shots of me and each my bridesmaids, capture sentimental first look photos, and even wrangle 20 Persians together to take formal extended family shots. They captured every detail.
    The1600 + photos turned out fabulously, but when looking at them I couldn’t stand the part in my hair. Irrational – yes – but I suppose everyone has to have a bridzilla moment and I just happened to have mine after my wedding. Keith was able to handle all of my bizarre photos requests: from changing a picture to black and white, to cropping, to editing out a bra strap, to fixing my hair part. I can’t believe I got so lucky such WONDERFUL photographers. Crystal and Keith were the best wedding decision I made.

Sent on 06/05/2014

Betsy · Married on 11/23/2013

"SO MUCH FUN!!!" is the phrase I use to describe Crystal, Keith, the photography sessions they lead, the moments they capture, and the end result- the photographs. Keith and Crystal, with Red Apple Tree, are the absolute best. They are easy to get to know and simply make photography sessions a breeze. The duo will make one feel confident and picture perfect during each session. The atmosphere that surrounds them is more than positive. Keeping the air light, fun, and easy, Red Apple Tree makes each session memorable. By the end of our wedding, I felt as if I had two new best friends. Red Apple Tree is efficient in communication and always available to assist in any way. The quality of their work is outstanding. I can't get enough of our engagement photos, my bridal session photos, rehearsal dinner photos, and wedding photos. They simply capture the best moments and their photographs glow with the "wow factor." Red Apple Tree is the best of the best.

Sent on 01/14/2014

Danielle · Married on 10/27/2013

We can not say enough amazing things about Red Apple Tree Photography. My husband and I didn't have many pictures of ourselves until our Engagement photo session with Keith and Crystal. They made the session so easy, relaxed and fun for us. We knew from the moment we got our engagement photos back that our wedding pictures would be amazing... and we were not disappointed!

Through the entire process of planning our wedding, Keith and Crystal were there to answer any of our questions. They both went above and beyond anything we ever could have expected, and played a huge part in making sure that the actual day of our wedding went smoothly. They both have a special talent to set you at ease and keep you laughing.

Picking Keith and Crystal for your wedding day is by far the best decision that you will make. Red Apple Tree Photography will deliver the most amazing pictures so that you and your family can remember every moment.

Sent on 12/05/2013