Record Entertainment Reviews

Record Entertainment 5
Record Entertainment 6
Record Entertainment 7

Caitlin · Married on 06/22/2018

Great experience with this company. We chose them because of their solid reviews, affordability, and proximity to our venue. Turned out to be a great choice! We received a response from our initial inquiry very quickly and had no problems with communication. Johnny was perfect for our wedding and has tons of experience to back him up. He not only plays music that the guests enjoy, he himself participates. He made sure everything went exactly as my now husband and I wanted it to go and has no problem making a last minute adjustment if needed. Thanks again Johnny for helping make our night that much more special!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Tess · Married on 09/03/2017

We were just married on September third and Dominic was our DJ. He was very friendly and easy to work with. He was dressed exactly as we had asked, was there on time, was self-directed, and was very accommodating. We wanted very little DJ involvement in the entertaining aspect of the night, and he was happy to comply. The music was exactly the style we had talked about and when songs were requested they were played. The music was a little loud during the dinner so he happily turned it to exactly the right level upon request. Record Entertainment itself is very professional, prompt, and willing to work with different scenarios. We had an outdoor wedding with an indoor reception nearby, and after telling the DJ where to set up at the wedding I didn't have to do anything else except for enjoy the gorgeous music and my wedding guests. I would happily use Dominic and Record Entertainment again and recommend them to my family and friends.

Sent on 09/07/2017

Ed · Married on 07/14/2017

Everyone at the 50 th wedding celebration seemed to enjoy the music and opportunity to dance. The music choices fit well.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Stephanie · Married on 10/22/2016

Joe was our fantastic DJ for our wedding. We were so pleased with the variety of music he played and he played all of our guests requests. He was professional and helped make our night memorable. We were so pleased!

Sent on 11/02/2016

So glad to hear it!

Halie · Married on 01/23/2016

Andy was an excellent DJ; fun, outgoing, attentive and most definitely flexible! He's a perfect choice for you're wedding if you want a DJ with a big personality!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Record Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for your kind review and for booking Record Entertainment DJ Service for your wedding!

Jordan · Married on 01/16/2016

We had to compete with the packer playoff game. The dj's did an excellent job keeping up with the interaction with the crowd.

Sent on 02/15/2016

Record Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind review. We SO appreciate your feedback. Please let us know if you need anything in the future. And, best of luck to you both!

Tracy · Married on 06/17/2017

3.0

Drew did a great job as our DJ! He was very professional and played the right kind of music for the group that was at our wedding! The dance floor was busy most of the night!! He was also interactive!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Record Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Tracy! I can't help but notice the 3 you rated us for responsiveness. Did you have a problem with something on our end? We certainly aim to do our best and improve where we can. I'd like to know if there's something we can do better. - Jennie

Kassandra · Married on 06/17/2016

Record Entertainment completely made our reception phenomenal! We worked with Johnny and he was so easy to talk with and completely put me at ease. He walked us through the whole process before the wedding of what to expect and what he would take care of. Johnny was also great about accommodating some last minute requests that I had. At the reception he was playing great music throughout dinner, kept the energy in the room up the entire night and kept people on the dance floor! We had a lot of compliments after the wedding about how much fun people had had and it largely thanks to Johnny and Record Entertainment. I highly recommend them, especially if you are looking to have fun and upbeat reception.

Sent on 07/10/2016

Lizzie · Married on 06/23/2018

really enjoyed working with the team at record entertainment. very good price for the quality of service.

Sent on 07/05/2018

Eric · Married on 09/02/2017

2.5

Andy was great. The business of other summer weddings didn't allow us to get a face to face final meeting, but it all worked out! :)

Sent on 09/28/2017

josh · Married on 05/27/2017

3.5

Dj was helpful making sure bride and groom were on time and where they needed to be. Played only some of the music we asked him to. Did not play some of the music we had arranged for him to play

Sent on 06/14/2017

Record Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for your feedback Josh; I did speak with your DJ about the night and he and I apologize if not all of the requests were able to be played. A list came in just prior to the dance, as well. A report of a full dance floor is a great thing though and I hope you had a great time despite it all!

Rebecc · Married on 09/14/2019

Good value, triple check songs though

excellent vaule! Great energy, people on the dance floor all night long! DJ entertained the crowd for sure!!

only negative is our dj did play the wrong version of our first dance, and the mother son dance.. and some of the songs he played throughout the night were much faster or much slower than the original version .,

Sent on 09/25/2019

Our dj did an amazing job, just look at their reviews and it says it all.

Sent on 06/09/2016

Thank you!

K · Married on 06/02/2012

On-time, played a variety of music especially for the young people, maybe could have offered a little more for the older folks. Honored the bride & groom's play and do-not-play list. Timing was off a couple of times, but other than that, a good job overall.

Sent on 06/21/2012

Rebecca · Married on 09/17/2011

I hired Record Entertaiment for my DJ. He was so helpful for both the ceremony and the reception including music for the dinner and cocktail hours. He made the reception SO much fun and had everyone dancing the entire evening - very much a crowd pleaser! My only concerns were with the ceremony music - our music selections were discussed prior to the big day and he was unable to provide some of our requests - playing songs that were unexpected as we walked down the aisle. I still enjoyed the music that was available as our only alternative was a boombox.... still a high recommendation.

Sent on 10/04/2011

Brenda · Married on 09/17/2016

4.2

My husband and I got married this past September at Heidel House in Green Lake. We were assigned to Kerry. Overall, I was very pleased with Record Entertainment. Pros: they will work with your schedule (I am from Wyoming and they communication was great once we got assigned to a DJ), great uplighting (they customized our colors), great at changing plans last minute (I forgot my garter, so we didn't do the garter and bouquet toss) and he listened to what we wanted. We had an outdoor wedding and everyone was able to hear the music and ceremony great.
    Cons: we didn't feel recognized by the company like they were with other brides/grooms such as on Facebook etc, we never got assigned to a DJ until I had to ask (3-4 months til wedding).
    I would definitely give Kerry a 5/5 but the company itself a 4.5/5. It was really minor things, but it would still be nice to not feel like we were pushed aside or an afterthought to some extent.

Sent on 02/05/2017

Record Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Brenda for your feedback. I'm sorry you felt set aside. It's good for me to know that the Facebook feed is something some couples enjoy having as our procedure on this has been very non-structured. Meaning if a DJ happens to get some shots or video they put it up, but this isn't something that is planned. Please know you weren't being slighted. As for assigning DJs - we do this 2 months before the wedding, so when you called at 3 months you got an early assignment. You would've been contacted, you simply beat us to the punch:) I'm happy that you were happy with Kerry and his DJ-ing and we wish you all the best!

Sarah · Married on 09/02/2017

2.5

Alan was very flexible and accommodating at our wedding. Great to work with. Everyone enjoyed the music and danced all night.

Sent on 09/13/2017

CHRISTINE · Married on 03/14/2009

3.0

The DJ did a good job and did exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 04/01/2009

Abby · Married on 06/16/2018

3.5

I loved the music selection. Only think would be to announce special things a little more.

Sent on 06/20/2018

Kate · Married on 12/30/2017

3.5

DJ Tom was very easy to work with and kept our guests dancing all night at our wedding! He was responsive to our song suggestions and kept a request list going all night which was a big hit with the guests. He was very professional and Record Entertainment as a whole was easy to work with!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Emily · Married on 09/29/2017

3.5

We loved working with the folks at record entertainment overall. Jennie was easy to work with, answered all of our questions, and made things go smoothly. Unfortunately, close to the wedding we had to be assigned another DJ after the first one was called up for national guard. The DJ we then got was very nice, but it sometimes felt like we were working on his schedule. We had to plan around his day job to meet with him, and in order to meet in person before the wedding we had to go down to fond du lac. We really liked the DJ's music selection during the wedding, but he was young and could use a bit more experience to become familiar with various wedding activities. He did a good job, but we were initially nervous to learn he had never done a dollar dance.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Emily,
    Thank you for you review regarding Alex T. - - -We are pleased to hear your overall experience was good. As you know, your original dj was deployed to assist hurricane victims on Florida about 3 weeks before your wedding, forcing our hand to reassign your wedding dj. This crunch may have lead to some of the scheduling issues on meeting etc.,. Regarding the "dollar-dance"---I am sorry he was not set for that, but happy he executed it for you nonetheless.
    We offer brides the option to meet in person in our office, via Skype or phone. Happy you liked the music selection as well. Thank you for working with us.

Gerry · Married on 11/14/2016

I have no advice for a couple. It is their choice.

Sent on 11/14/2016

Nicole · Married on 08/13/2016

I would recommend making sure the dj knows what you would like to hear or have happen. Once Tom Otte knew, he was more thanwilling to accommadte and make our wants happen.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Johnny ransom was awesome! The dance floor was packed the entire night of my wedding. Would highly recommend him!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Record Entertainment's reply:

Johnny has been with us over 25 years! He's like the Duracell Bunny he keeps going and going! Thanks and spread the word.
    Paul Millard
    Booking Manager

Scott · Married on 05/05/2018

3.8
      3.5

Johnny was very energetic and got everyone involved.

Sent on 05/14/2018