Real Food Catering Reviews

Real Food Catering 3
Real Food Catering 4
Real Food Catering 5

Kristen · Married on 03/02/2013

Yen and Gary are wonderful! From the very beginning all of our planning was straightforward and easy. They were extremely professional yet created a warm and friendly relationship with us. Their knowledge and coordination of our event at the Foundry was unbeatable. And most importantly, the food was AMAZING. From the appetizers to dessert to our beer selection - everything was top notch and done with great care. We are still getting compliments from our guests. Gary and Yen are extremely easy to work with and we could not be happier with our choice in working with Real Food. We have no hesitation recommending them to others.

Sent on 04/11/2013

Je'Nean · Married on 01/15/2013

Real Food Catering is beyond amazing. Yen and Gary were able to give me a wedding beyond my wildest dreams. And trust me I dream BIG.

More than just caterers, Yen and Gary are there with you every step of the way providing their years of proven expertise and helping to work through every wedding logistic imaginable. From floor plans to paying the vendors, Yen and Gary always seemed to be two steps ahead. They truly took the time to personalize every detail of my masquerade themed wedding. In fact, Yen would call me throughout the process telling me ways that I could save money!!!! She even provided some free upgrades.

And most importantly of course, my guests couldn't stop raving about the food!!! The food was amazing and the professionalism of their staff was impeccable (something that was extremely important to my husband since he's in the hospitality industry). They by far offer the most diversity in terms of food selection and the presentation of the food is a conversation starter in and of itself.

If you ever get the chance to work with Yen and Gary jump on it. I promise you won't regret it.

Sent on 10/20/2013

Five stars is really an underestimate. Yen and Gary definitely deserve 10 stars, especially in the areas of flexibility and quality of service.

My husband and I went into the planning process wanting to make our wedding extremely "us" and not caring so much about tradition. However, as we searched for caterers, we realized that many caterers were unwilling to execute some of our ideas. For example, we wanted to have appetizers from one of our favorite restaurants.... caterers gave us long lists of reasons why this was "not possible." Yen and Gary didn't think twice about it, and in fact, they spoke to the restaurant and organized everything themselves! Yen and Gary embraced our ideas and executed them in an effortless manner. It really made our day easy!

Oh and of course their food---- delicious!!! Our entrees included duck and salmon. Our guests are still talking about the duck! We had our proteins served french style and our side dishes served family style which really helped create the communal atmosphere that we were hoping to attain during our dinner.

Also, Yen and Gary are sweet and really fun. We loved meeting with them in their office and our families fell in love with Gary. By the end of the wedding, our families were treating Gary as if he was a guest at the wedding instead of our caterer/day of coordinator.

The night was fantastic and we couldn't imagine it without Real Food Catering.

Sent on 06/11/2013

We loved working with Yen and Gary! We knew that we wanted an asian-inspired menu, so Yen was perfect. She crafted an amazing menu based on our preferences and worked with us to tweak it to perfection. The food was fantastic -- we received so many compliments from our guests. We added the pork buns at the last minute and are so glad we did -- SO good. The day-of staff was also incredibly professional.
    On top of the amazing food, Yen and Gary were great in handling and advising on the logistics. They were a great source of knowledge in all things related to Studio 450, our venue. They also helped us pick our rentals and liquor distributor. On the day of the wedding, they coordinated all the deliveries. We had few worries on the day of the wedding and the days leading up to it because we knew that with Yen and Gary, things would go smoothly -- and we were right!

Sent on 11/05/2012

I honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about Yen and Gary of Real Food Catering. We used Real Food for our October Wedding and they were simply fantastic.
    To start - everything that comes out of Yen's kitchen is delicious. But beyond how amazing the food was, Yen and Gary are just great to work with. From the beginning planning meetings to the final walk-through, they are thorough and make you feel at ease.
    I truly cannot find a single fault with their work. I only wish I had another big event coming up so that I could work with them again!!!

Sent on 11/12/2012

Sachi · Married on 10/12/2012

I wish i could give these guys a million stars. Seriously - I'm secretly in love with Gary and Yen. :)
    Where to start? So one thing to know about Real Food Catering - they are a boutique firm and just because of the quality of their work they can pick and choose the weddings they do and i think they only do 50 weddings a year. Our wedding was on October 12th 2012, and we only booked our venue (Studio 450) in March. The first recommendation that Studio 450 gave for caterers was Real Food. Yen and Gary do multiple weddings here and they know this venue incredibly well.

So after hearing these were the people we needed - we emailed and called. But low and behold - they were booked up for the whole year and said they didnt think they could do it. at the same time though they sent us other caterers. I was so upset. I heard they were the best and I needed them! So we thought we would try our luck, i got my now husband to call Gary and I tag-teamed on Yen. I pleaded with them saying i heard they were the best in the business and if there was any way they could take us on we would love to work for them.

One day after this conversation - we got this email:

It was great to speak with you yesterday. Gary told me that he spoke with Rushbah too and you two are such a sweet and dear couple. To tell you the truth, because of our reputation, we only take on couples that we really feel the connection and want to do the best for their wedding. Also as a boutique caterer, we want to keep our wedding number small and intimate. If October 12 is the only date that will work for you at Studio 450, will you wait for a few days, let me switch a few things around, and will let you know for sure if it will work for us?

Did they make it work? They sure did. And I can honestly say that its because of them my wedding turned out as awesome as it was. Do yourself a favour and book these guys - you wont be disappointed.

Sent on 11/06/2012

Katherine · Married on 09/29/2012

The scores of reviews below will prove how great the food and service is (and it really is.) Something else you should know: Yen and Gary are two of the sweetest people you will meet in the crazy wedding-planning business, and hiring them will provide peace of mind when you get stressed. These two are completely, perfectly organized and will ensure that everything runs seamlessly. Hiring them is the single best decision we made in the planning process--seriously, I would plan my date around their availability. Truly the greatest.

Sent on 10/22/2012

Susan · Married on 09/02/2012

With Real Food everything is delicious, everything is affordable, and your wedding goes like clockwork. They don't just feed everyone, they really run the wedding invisibly in the background. Nothing short of amazing

Sent on 09/05/2012

josie · Married on 09/01/2012

Super, super ,super,super, super excellent. Food were amazingly delicious and services were organized and well coordinated. Joseph was very accommodating. Wish I will have more weddings like this
    to attend to. Guests love the food and those desserts- chocolate covered strawberries and the brownies, yummy. Excellent top services. Thanks to Yen,Joseph, the chefs,bartenders and waiters. Thanks to Gary too. Thank you so much Yen for making the event a success and memorable. I will insist that we will have" Real Food Catering" services
    for my other daughter's wedding hopefully soon.
    From the mother of the bride

Sent on 09/22/2012

Justin · Married on 08/18/2012

Real Food Catering was excellent. Yen and Gary made it all happen and we are so grateful they put in so much effort and care to make sure everything was perfect!! The Food was excellent too, everyone was raving.

From the initial menu tasting and planning session and the meetings leading up to the wedding, everything worked out just great.

Thanks for everything!!

Shana and Justin
    8/18/2012
    Studio 450

Sent on 09/16/2012
  • I

ina · Married on 08/17/2012

We selected Real Food after we attended a wedding of a friend's which they catered; our friends gave them rave reviews. What I liked about Real Food is that they were super easy to communicate with and extremely responsive. They were honest and even tried to save us money. They acted as a substitute wedding planner at times (and didn’t mind it). We used their Day of Coordinator services - totally worth it. They ran our whole wedding night – our ceremony and party were in the same location. When it rained (?!?!), they very quickly brought the whole set up inside. I really cannot say enough great things about them. Oh yeah – The food was great. Our guests - to this day - remark how good the food was! I agree with them!

Sent on 09/19/2012

Ming Yuan · Married on 08/03/2012

It's not like Yen needs another good review, So I'm not going to describe to you every detail about the wedding and how they made it better. What I will do is write some things that separate RealFood from other providers.

1. First of all, they are NOT a catering company. They are a full service wedding provider. Period. They made us feel so comfortable and confident during the planning phase and during the actual wedding ceremony/night. They coordinated everything and were on top of every detail.

2. Trust: It is amazing how much they looked for savings and passed those savings on to us. Weddings of course can be expensive and having your main vendor as one you can trust when it comes to budgeting and pricing is so awesome and one less thing to worry about.

3. The tasting: Yen invited us to do a tasting at one of her events. We thought it was going to be a couple of quick bites just to see if the company really existed. In fact we had reservations booked later that night after the tasting. Those were cancelled later, after we were treated to an 8 course meal along with wine and drinks. And the food was incredible, she even served us the main dishes that we had chosen. My advice is enjoy that tasting, because it will be so much more than you will eat on your wedding.

4. Flexibility: The food was obviously spectacular. But what really made it amazing is that we had the wedding in a place where there was NO KITCHEN. Not a small kitchen. NO KITCHEN. And the food came out as if there was a restaurant in the back.

In closing, book realfood and book them early, you will be glad that you did.

Sent on 08/07/2012

rosa · Married on 06/16/2012

What more can we say about Real Food Catering? They made sure the day ran seamlessly and we really would not have had the amazing wedding day that we did without them. Thank you to Joseph, Yen and Gary for the attentive service and for really keeping us on track with all the helpful suggestions. They really made the whole process look and feel easy, and kept our nerves at bay while answering all of our questions (which we had a LOT of). We highly recommend Real Food!

Sent on 08/11/2012

Marian · Married on 06/02/2012

We hired Real Food for our wedding on June 2, 2012 at The Foundry in L.I.C. My husband and I could not have been more pleased with everything! The kindness that Yen & Gary exude is tremendous. Because The Foundry is a complete blank slate we were very nervous in the beginning of our planning process. We met with a other caterers in NYC that were all very nice but from the second we met Yen & Gary we knew right away we were in good hands. Organized, professional and caring are just a few words to sum up this awesome pair. Let’s breakdown the essentials:

Food - Amazing. We went with a sit down dinner along with passed bites for our cocktail hour (we had one station that we forced Yen to have LOL). Our favorite cocktail items included the bacon wrapped dates and the sliders, so yum!! For our dinner we had NY Strip Steak with a Chimichurri Sauce and Crispy Red Snapper with an Apple Salsa. OMG! Both were so amazing. My husband and I were so confused as to which one we wanted at the wedding until Yen just told us she would give us a sample of each. Yen was so flexible about the food that we really were able to create a menu that was so our style. She was also so laid back and easy going that she called our one vegetarian guest personally to create a special dish for her!! My husband and I wish that we could have Yen cook for us all the time!

Service – Again, amazing! Everyone they had working that day from the waiters to the bartenders were so professional and so attentive. Our guests were treated like royalty. Gary, our day of coordinator, was just fantastic! He made sure that my husband and I were completely taken care of. He always had fresh cocktails ready for the two of us. Our favorite part was during the cocktail hour when we got to sit outside alone for five minutes and up comes Gary with a plate of food for us to eat! He really is so super nice and just made us feel so comfortable and worry free!

Value – The most bang for your buck, plain and simple. We did tastings with three other caterers (all of which were really good) but their prices were at least a third more and in no way was the food better. We were absolutely amazed at what we were getting for the price that we paid. The attention to detail and the organization are incredible. Yen has every detail pointed out right from the get go. She really knows what she is doing and our day would not have turned out the way it did without Real Food.

Overall the experience was fantastic. Compliments are still being made weeks later about the food and professionalism on our wedding day. If you need a caterer to make your day perfect than Real Food is it. Yen is so incredibly organized and reassuring that you feel like nothing bad can happen on your special day.

Sent on 06/24/2012

Julia · Married on 05/26/2012

It was a total love connection for my husband and me the moment we met them. In fact, I love Real Food Catering so much that I wish I married Gary and Yen instead of my husband. :-P

My husband and I never planned a wedding or party of this magnitude before, and having Real Food Catering as our caterer was probably the best decision we made for our wedding. We're obsessed with Yen and Gary, and here's why!

They're extremely professional, organized, kind, and go above and beyond what most caterers do at (what I think) an affordable NYC price. They're sensitive to the stressful wedding process, and were such pleasures to work with all throughout the planning. They were really flexible with what we wanted to include/exclude, but still offered practical, tried-and-true advice and suggestions. We really felt like they genuinely wanted our wedding to be a success. For example, on the big day, Yen and Gary guided the bridal party on all logistics with calmness and a smile. We felt like we were in such good hands. All the little logistical segments during our wedding went smoothly, and was due in large part to Yen and Gary. My husband and I ATE and DRANK at our own wedding (unheard of when you ask many couples)! Their staff brought us drinks and a plate of hor d'oeuvres in our "quiet" room so that we had a chance to eat our cocktail hour food before meeting guests. They also served us plates at dinner, which we weren't expecting.

We opted for the buffet instead of plated and had chicken, steak, fish and vegetarian options for our guests. We've been getting notes left and right from numerous guests who LOVED the wedding food. The most common compliment was "it was the best wedding food I've EVER had," and "I can't stop thinking about your wedding food!" Guests have also told us they expected the cocktail hour food to be the peak, but were amazed when the dinner was equally excellent. I've been daydreaming about the food ever since -- Asian fusion that both our American and Chinese guests thoroughly enjoyed. Let's put it this way: RFC actually had to wash more plates because they weren't expecting so many guests to come back for seconds!

We researched many caterers in the NYC area, but RFC was by far the one we felt spoke to us and the type of wedding we wanted to have. They're a smart, top-notch caterer with great attention to detail and logistics. They truly have a passion for what they do. Also, they're such lovely people in general! We're actually kind of depressed that our wedding is over because we already miss Yen, Gary, and their wonderful staff.

We're so, so happy that Real Food Catering was part of our special day. We dare not imagine what our wedding would've been without them. So if you want an INCREDIBLE wedding, book Real Food Catering!

Sent on 06/04/2012

Rebecca · Married on 05/12/2012

Real Food Catering did a FANTASTIC job at our wedding. The food was delicious, the bar was well stocked, the service was impeccable. From our very first meeting to the day of the wedding, Yen was such a pleasure to work with; helpful, knowledgable and flexible. I can't say enough good things about our experience with Real Food- if you can get them for your wedding, book right now!

Sent on 05/15/2012
  • F

frances · Married on 04/29/2012

If you are reading this review, that means you are considering using Real Food Catering for your next event. Trust me, look NO further and book your event with Yen and Gary today before your date is taken. They are the BEST...not to mention the nicest people in the world. It was a joy to work with Yen and Gary and my only regret now is that our daughter's beautiful wedding is over and I won't be in contact with them as often as I was in the past.
    I knew during my very first phone conversation with Yen last October that Real Food would be catering our daughter's wedding at The Foundry in April. I could immediately sense her professionalism, her organizational skills, and most of all her love and knowledge of good food. Our first meeting at their office was with Yen and Gary. My daughter fell in love with them immediately , and as a mother it was fun to say, "I told you so." My daughter and I could witness in person the teamwork that makes them so successful. The variety in the menu is endless ; the hardest part is making the choices of what you want to serve. They will do anything for you to make your event perfect. All my fears were soon put to rest. I took their advice on everything....florist, music, rentals. They always steered me in the right direction.
    The wedding reception was spectacular and our family and friends are still talking about the appetizers, the dinner, and the desserts. The presentation of the food is simple, yet elegant. Their staff is top notch; you could sense a real respect for Yen and Gary and in turn a respect for the staff from Yen and Gary. The staff couldn't have been nicer to our guests; you could feel that they wanted to be there working our event. Their prices are extremely reasonable for New York City. They never try to sell you something you don't need.Most of all, Yen and Gary are good, kind people who are the very BEST at what they do. My husband and I felt so proud of the wedding we hosted for our daughter and son-in-law...thanks mainly to Yen and Gary. We were so fortunate to have Real Food Catering handle our event. A million thanks to Yen and Gary. We wish them continued success!

Sent on 06/04/2012

Annie · Married on 04/29/2012

I cannot thank Yen and Gary enough for the amazing job they did for us on our wedding reception. It has been a pleasure working with them over the past several months to plan what turned out to be a spectacular, unforgettable event. Yen and Gary were so much more than caterers to us – they were our ‘go to’ people for many decisions – related to the menu as well as other aspects of the event – music, flowers, décor, tipping – anything that came up – we felt comfortable asking them. I think that was the best part about working with them. We felt so comfortable. My husband and I are not originally from NYC and hosting an event here can be intimidating. Yen and Gary made it so manageable, enjoyable, and exciting. We ended up with a wedding reception that truly reflected ‘us’.
    But of course, I would be remiss if I did not mention the best part of our reception – the food. After several meetings and a fantastic tasting, we were able to create a menu with Yen and Gary that was so unique, fresh, creative, and delicious. Guests are still talking about specific appetizers and dishes that were served. Yen went out of her way to create an amazing, distinctive dessert for us, as well as perfecting some special cocktail requests. Presentation was top notch, as was the wonderful, warm Real Food staff. They made us feel like a million bucks and followed my husband around making sure he did not miss one bite. We have even heard some guests mention that they made a point to dance by the doors where the food was coming so they would not miss a thing either!
    We had such an unforgettable wedding day and reception, thanks to the efforts, professionalism, ease, and sincere care from Yen, Gary, and their staff. The only thing left for us to do is to get on their waiting list so they will be available for our 10th anniversary party! Big thanks, Yen and Gary.

Sent on 06/22/2012

kee · Married on 04/14/2012

We got married a month ago. Last week my wife was at dinner with a friend and a couple she didn't know well, who are getting married soon. My wife asked who their caterer was, and they said "Real Food." Everyone at the table immediately exploded with praise for Yen and Gary, and for all the people that help them. True story, told about good people.

First, the food was a SMASHING success. The passed hors d'oeuvres were show-stoppers. At least half of my friends took the time to tell me that ours were the best passed apps that they had ever tasted. We ultimately settled on 8 different passed apps, but you could tell that Yen could have done a hundred more. We went with salmon and steak to suit the relatively conservative palettes of our guests, but each of the entrees had just enough idiosyncrasy to know that the cook REALLY knew what she was doing.

Second, the level of organization was jaw-dropping. Yen and Gary could have run this event in their sleep - and I don't mean that to sound like they didn't pay very careful attention to our unique preferences. I just mean that they are so good at choreographing all the other vendors - and at executing logistics generally - they can take the time a lesser caterer would waste running around barking orders and spend it with the families, making sure that everyone gets exactly what they want. Gary ran the whole night like a Broadway production - no mistakes, nothing off time, and he did it all with a big smile. My mom has a little crush.

Finally, it's obvious from the beginning that Yen and Gary are not trying to milk every cent from you. They have access to the stuff they have access to at the price they can pay for it, and they are very up front about when their price might be more than you might spend getting it on your own. I saved thousands of dollars because of their refreshing candor. Of course, they can do everything for you, but they were incredibly thoughtful about and respectful of our financial limitations.

There's a reason that people get excited when they talk about Gary and Yen. I can't imagine getting over the finish line without them.

Sent on 05/18/2012
  • .

. · Married on 03/17/2012

I cannot believe it's been almost 6 weeks since our wedding! We have been meaning to write this review for a while now because we had the BEST time at our wedding, and a large part was because of 2 very wonderful people, Yen and Gary of Real Foods Catering. Honestly, from the moment we met them, we both felt instantly that we wanted and HAD TO work with them. We were actually just at the first stage of looking at different wedding venues, and happened to meet Yen while she was setting up for another wedding at Studio 450. She has an amazing way of reading people, and even though my husband and I didn't exactly have a clear vision of the day yet, Yen was able to present to us a picture of what she could offer after just a short conversation with her about what was important to us. We were immediately drawn to her energetic and positive personality and decided then and there that we wanted to work with her... and we never looked back!

From our first formal meeting with Yen and Gary at their office, we felt all the stresses of wedding planning dissipate. They were incredibly organized and made us feel like we were their most important client, even though we know they are quite busy. Every email, every concern, every question we had was immediately answered. They paid attention to every detail while helping us keep our eye on the big picture.

Then came the tasting which was an amazing culinary experience! Even though they were preparing for another wedding, we were whisked to a private area as if it was an event just for us, and served wine and various hors d'oeuvres. Then came servings of each entree that we had chosen -- amazing! Everything was beyond delicious and it made us all the more excited for our guests to experience the feast.

The wedding day itself was flawless. Amazing is really the only word to describe it. Gary was our day-of coordinator, and he took care of everything to bring it all together. Our only job was to enjoy the day and our guests. The entire staff was amazing -- from their presentation to their interaction with our guests. Abel, the captain of the group, also took special care of us, bringing our own platters of hors d'oeuvres and drinks to the bridal suite so that we could enjoy it all before heading out to mingle with everyone.

People are still raving about how amazing the night was. Yen and Gary, and the entire staff truly are the ultimate professionals, and it has been such a wonderful experience working with them. We have already recommended them to everyone we've seen planning a wedding (every time we were at our venue we would meet another couple). We give them the strongest recommendation to anyone looking for an unforgettable wedding that you will actually have the ability to enjoy in real time! The only sad part of the whole experience is that since we're no longer planning, we don't have regular contact with Yen and Gary anymore, but we're both hoping our paths will cross again. Thank you guys again, from the bottom of our hearts, for making our wedding so special!

Sent on 04/30/2012

Stephanie · Married on 03/10/2012

YEN AND GARY WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!!!

None of these glowing reviews can begin to explain to you the pure elation you will feel once you have surrendered the well being of your food/event to the administrative-culinary masters that are Yen and Gary. Of course, the food was outstanding, the presentation was beautiful, and the service was impeccable, but Yen and Gary are so much more than just a pretty plate. Yen is a master of culinary psychology - she knows when people will eat, how much they will eat, and where they want to be while eating. From our first phone call it was clear that she was knowledgeable, capable, and efficient. We trusted her taste and judgment from the beginning and the outcome exceeded all expectations. Gary is the flow-master. He is the oil that keeps the machine running smoothly. If something is wrong or missing, Gary will know about it and will have his team correcting it before you even knew it was a problem in the first place. He knows you better than you know yourself - he made us sit, eat, and take it all in, even when we swore we weren’t hungry and didn’t need a break.

To sum it up, if Yen and Gary were an item of food that they served at our wedding, they would be the Thai style chilled shrimp - understated, outstanding, chill(ed), and still a topic of conversation three months later.

Sent on 06/18/2012

James · Married on 12/03/2011

The food and service provided by Real Food Catering was OUTSTANDING. In my opinion, a weedding planner is not needed because Yen and Gary provide many of the services that you would pay a wedding planner. All of our guest commented on the how delicious the food was, but also on the outstanding service provided by the wait staff/bar tender. Gary was the Day of Coordinator and he made sure everything ran smoothly without any problems. Not only was the service exceptional, but Yen and Gary and the rest of the Real Food Catering staff were so kind and wonderful. If you are looking for a caterer for an event, please consider Real Food Catering as you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 12/18/2011

Liz · Married on 11/12/2011

i cannot say enough about this vendor. They were more of our wedding planner, helping us with every detail. The day of the wedding, they took care of everything and if I had to mention anything of concern it was taken care of before i even thought about it again. They were so accessible at all times yet not intrusive the entire day. Our guests could not stop raving to us about how delicious the food was and how great the service was. We went through a few rough spots at the beginning with our families and our budget and Real Food Catering was so patient and understanding and must have modified our proposal for us 10 times, never once even mentioning money or a deposit until we sorted it out. After the wedding was over, they were again immediately available and genuinely interested in what we thought of everything. I want to have a party again just so I can work with them again - we will miss them!

Sent on 11/20/2011

Jeff · Married on 11/05/2011

We could NOT have been happier with Yen and Gary at Real Food Catering. Throughout the entire process they were the very definition of calm, cool, and collected. They took the time to explain the entire process—and if you've never worked with a caterer on a large event, there is a huge learning curve. It's not as simple as "here's the food, and here's how much it costs." But Yen and Gary helped educate us on everything from ways to cut down on rental costs to the best dishes to serve a large group with varied tastes. They listened intently, were incredibly accommodating, and refreshingly direct. Their expertise is apparent from the first meeting, but they were never patronizing. It really felt like a wonderful, collaborative relationship.

The day of the wedding was understandably chaotic, yet Yen and Gary kept the entire evening running smoothly. They made sure we were fed (thankfully!), tended to our guests' needs, oversaw the other vendors. In short, they are so much more than just caterers. They even remembered that we liked our waiter during our tasting and brought him back to take care of us during the reception. It's the little things that go a long way.

So, what about the food??? Amazing. It's been two months since our wedding and people are still commenting on the food. The appetizers— duck buns and truffled grilled cheese—were a huge hit, as was the salmon. A number of guests also mentioned how much they liked the hot cider that was handed out as they arrived. Everything was delicious. Period.

We HIGHLY recommend Real Food Catering and hope we have the opportunity to work with Yen and Gary again...maybe something on a slightly smaller scale next time!

-Amy & Jeff

Sent on 01/21/2012

Heather · Married on 10/22/2011

As everyone knows, planning a wedding is one of the most stressful times in a couple’s life. Working with Yen and Gary was the easiest and most enjoyable part of our wedding planning. Out of all of the vendors we worked with, Real Food catering was the most professional, courteous and kind. They helped us create a vision and guided us through all aspects of the wedding reception - from creating a timeline, floor plan, menu, and décor - their professionalism shown through (even when our guests arrived 30 minutes early!!).

They were extremely patient with us in order to create a menu that met the needs of all of our guests. We received compliments on everything from hors’ d’oeuvres, drinks, dinner - all the way to dessert. Where Real Foods Catering truly differentiates themselves is with the service. Yen’s calm demeanor and helpfulness was exemplified by the entire staff. The staff was dressed in formal attire and we received numerous compliments regarding their professionalism throughout the entire evening.

We can’t recommend them highly enough. We look forward to finding another reason to throw a party so we can hire them again.

Yen and Gary, you instilled confidence in us that our wedding reception would be flawless, which helped ease our minds during a very stressful time. We can’t thank you enough.

Heather Parr and Craig Scheidt