Ray the DJ Reviews

Ray the DJ 6
Ray the DJ 7

Christina · Married on 05/17/2015

Wedding- The Clayton on the Park
    In looking for a DJ, we looked at the preferred vendors from the venue and when we saw that Ray the DJ was highly recommended from both the venue and Weddingwire, we scheduled a meeting. We meet Jeremy and found his personality and our style matched well. I expressed concern that we would be passed from on DJ to another, considering they had multiple DJs at their company. He assured us that anything less then a life altering accident, he would be there.
    We meet with him twice before the wedding and each time, he allowed us time to think as most of the time we had no idea what we wanted.
    He was very flexible on the day of the wedding as we added or did do certain activities.

Sent on 05/20/2015

Ray the DJ's reply:

Christina - We're so happy that you had such a great experience!

Our DJ Jeremy was absolutely amazing! My family and I had many special requests for our wedding reception. Jeremy was able to accomadate all our requests and then some. He really went the extra mile to make our wedding reception the party we were hoping for. I would strongly recommend him for any big event!

Sent on 06/13/2015

Amy · Married on 05/16/2015

I was lucky enough to have Ray himself DJ my wedding. He did a fantastic job of keeping the flow going. He listened to all my ideas. The dance floor always seemed full. He was easy to work with. I would recommend Ray the DJ.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Ray the DJ's reply:

Ray really enjoyed being part of your special day and wish you blessings! Thanks for the review!
  • Kelly & Eric

Kelly & Eric · Married on 05/15/2015

WOW, Ray was phenomenal. Every person kept saying what an awesome party our wedding was, thanks to Ray!!
    He played all of our "must play" songs which we so appreciated!!
    Also, his voice and enthusiasm was always sooo genuine during all of his MC-ing!!
    We absolutely loved Ray and we're beyond grateful that he was there for our special day!
    I'd be happy to refer him to anyone in need of the best DJ ever!!

Sent on 05/22/2015

Ray the DJ's reply:

Eric (and Kelly), Thank you so much! Ray was honored to be part of your celebration! Congratulations to you both!!!

madison · Married on 04/18/2015

Marcus from Ray the DJ was the DJ for our wedding. Seriously can we say NICEST GUY IN THE WORLD! He ROCKS and we couldn't be happier with our decision to go with him. He did a fantastic job, has amazing style and is such a joy to have around. We HIGHLY recommend him for your next event.

Sent on 05/04/2015

Ray the DJ's reply:

Madison, Thanks so much - Marcus really is a very nice guy! We're very happy that you had such a great time!

Kristina · Married on 04/18/2015

DJ Gustavo was absolutely amazing!! It's been 9 months since our wedding and we are still hearing our guests constantly rave about how awesome our DJ was! Despite having gambling tables at our reception, the dance floor was packed the whole night! Not only was Gustavo great at getting everyone to dance, but he really paid attention to everyone's music and dance preferences. There was the perfect mix of top hits, with some salsa, cha-cha and of course some wedding classics. Everyone was dancing, young and old!! My mother is terrified of germs and even she was having so much fun she took her shoes off! She NEVER takes her shoes off in public! EVER!

It was so special that he played the same song during the cake cutting that the groom's father quoted in his speech, it showed how involved and invested Gustavo was in the party and really helped tie it all together! The whole room was singing along! It was so cool to have all of our guests singing around us! DJ Gustavo helped create a more intimate and personalized atmosphere and he felt like part of the family.

Also, there was a particularly special moment when the groom's grandparents were dancing. This was the first dance time they danced since his grandfather suffered a stroke 4 months ago. They weren't sure if he would be able to walk again, but there they were, dancing with his cane in hand. It was such a beautiful moment, that Gustavo helped create.

DJ Gustavo is the main reason our wedding reception so much fun! Everyone keeps saying it was the most fun they have ever had at a wedding. My husband and I could not be more appreciative!! Ray the DJ was so easy to work with, professional , organized and fun. After discussing our music preferences and ideas for the reception, they suggested DJ Gustavo to us and it was the best decision ever. We would HIGHLY recommend DJ Gustavo and the whole company of Ray the DJ to anyone and everyone getting married!

Sent on 01/26/2016

Ray the DJ's reply:

Kristina - I'm so excited for you and your whole family to have had such a wonderful, fun time bonding and celebrating your union! I will pass your kind words on to Gustavo. We at Ray the DJ are honored to have been a part of your special day! Thank you so much!!!

Ray the DJ was wonderful to work with from the beginning of our wedding planning. Brianna was in contact with me each month to help me along the way with planning and our DJ Marcus did an excellent job of reading the crowd and playing music to keep the energy going!

Sent on 04/28/2015

Michelle · Married on 03/21/2015

The team at Ray the DJ are very professional! Their systems made things easy and I dint have to worry about a thing! Breanna who worked on the logistics side was very helpful and very on top of things. She made sure everything was on track for my wedding day. They also have a pretty awesome website where you fill out song requests and timelines in a neat and organized fashion with recommendations of top songs. I found it very helpful.

I would definitely recommend DJ Marcus! He was AWESOME! His setup looked great and he got to the venue very early which I appreciated! He played the songs I requested and his own song choices were great! Everyone was dancing and it was a blast! His voice was awesome too (reminds me of Robin Williams) and my guests asked if I paid more to have Bono as my DJ :). He's one cool dude and also very professional!

Sent on 04/21/2015

Michelle,
    Marcus loved being part of your special day and Breanna was touched that you appreciated her attention to detail! Thanks so much! It was an honor serving you and your guests!

Tiffany · Married on 03/20/2015

We used Ray the DJ for our music and entertainment providers. Jeremy was our DJ for the night. He was awesome that night. We had a lot of fun dancing and playing games. Our guest all said they enjoyed themselves that night. Jeremy and Breanna were very quick at getting back to me with any questions or concerns we may have had. They are amazing at what they do.

Sent on 04/12/2015

Thank you so much!

Cammie · Married on 03/14/2015

The wedding day was everything I could have asked for and more. Andy was so attentive, creative and went out of his way to play songs that directly fit to our tastes. I received so many compliments on the music and vibe!

I've already recommended Ray the DJ to a few friends who are planning their events. I honestly can't say enough good things. Start to finish Ray the DJ staff were so easy to work with, provided quick responses and had very fair pricing.

Thank you so much for helping make our day even more special! And please give Andy a high five because he was just incredible!

Sent on 03/23/2015

Ray the DJ's reply:

Thank you Cammie! Andy said that he totally enjoyed working with you and that you are an awesome couple! Thanks for letting us be part of your day!

Cassie · Married on 03/13/2015

Jeremy provided DJ services for our wedding on March 28, 2015 and did an amazing job. He did the music for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He kept the guests engaged and the wedding on schedule the whole night. I was so happy with the music throughout the night. Jeremy was responsive and a pleasure to work with. I would definitely recommend him or anyone from Ray the DJ.

Sent on 04/13/2015

I could not be happier with Jeff from Ray the DJ! He met with me about a month before the wedding and, after that meeting, I had no qualms about my DJ choice (not that I even did prior to meeting Jeff as Ray the DJ is an established company with fantastic reviews). A few weeks before the wedding, we considered having Ray the DJ play music for the ceremony. Even though we did not decide to go this route, the company was incredibly accommodating! Although I did not give him much direction, Jeff displayed his amazing skills and played the perfect music throughout and included direct requests. I was so happy that the dance floor was filled at the end of the night. Thank you, Jeff, and Ray and the DJ!!

Sent on 03/23/2015

Ray the DJ's reply:

Thank you so much! We're thrilled that you enjoyed Jeff - we do too - he's a great guy! Thank you also for your confidence in our company - it's very much appreciated!

Morgan · Married on 02/28/2015

Ray is very personable, reliable, and experienced. He knows how to flow from one event to the next and how to keep the night going. Our guests were dancing all night long!

Sent on 03/01/2015

Ray the DJ's reply:

Morgan, Thank you very much! It was an honor & a pleasure to DJ your wedding. So glad that the rain held off--it was a fabulous evening! You & Javier have wonderful, loving families & friends that really know how to celebrate! Congratulations again to you and Javier!
  • aFutch

Amanda · Married on 02/21/2015

If you want a DJ that is going to keep everyone one the dance floor all night, listen to your wants and who is very professional, look no further! Ray the DJ took the entertainment at my wedding to another level! There was not a single song when the dance floor was not packed! He kept the energy flowing, and read the crowd perfectly! He is also one of the nicest people you will ever work with!

Sent on 03/03/2015

Rachel · Married on 02/21/2015

We worked with Jeremy M. from Ray the DJ. He was so great to work with! He was very friendly and really worked with us to create an amazing playlist for our ceremony. The Ray the DJ website was easy to work with, and we were able to input "must plays" and all of our special songs right on the website, which is a big time saver when you're planning a million details for the wedding. On the wedding day, Jeremy was prompt and so great with the music. He was responsive to the crowd. For example, when he saw that a country song on our "must play" list got my college friends up and dancing, he kept playing some more country music to keep people on the dance floor. We were dancing all night and loved it!!!

Sent on 03/18/2015

Rachel,

Thanks so much! Jeremy sure knows how to work with your selections and keep people dancing. So glad that you had fun! Thanks for including us!

Sarah · Married on 02/06/2015

Jeremy was easy to work with, and flexible, able to add a last minute activity to the reception, and coordinate with us while we were out of the country. The music was great, he got everyone up and dancing, and we all had a great time!

Sent on 02/09/2015

A · Married on 01/02/2015

Jeff from Ray the DJ, was our DJ, and he was awesome. He met my daughter and I in advance and went over the timeline of the entire night, from introducing the bridal party until the end. His experience and knowledge of the venue made the night a total success. He came highly recommended to us, and I can see why!

Sent on 03/12/2015

Daniella · Married on 01/01/2015

Jeremy was our DJ. He was very friendly, personable and professional. He answered all of our questions and made sure that he understood everything we wanted. On the day of our wedding, he was great with our guests and had everyone on the dance floor. His song choices were great, and overall he was a wonderful MC and DJ.

Sent on 03/13/2015

K · Married on 12/13/2014

Marcus from Ray the DJ was the DJ for our wedding. He was so nice, personable, and laid back. We had a very small intimate wedding and didn’t want the “club” style DJ. When we met Marcus my husband and I felt so comfortable with him. After our first meeting, which he came to our venue by the way, he thanked us for the opportunity to see The Boulder’s Resort and felt blessed for having seen such a beautiful setting. We knew right then that he was the right choice. Marcus even gave us his personal cell phone to call him with anything we needed. We couldn't have been happier with our decision to go with him. He did a fantastic job, has amazing style and is such a joy to have around. There isn't enough good things we could say about him! My husband and I have a very broad taste in music and he managed to get the mix just right. He set us up with an account on their website where you can find and hear thousands of songs and add them to your request/do not play list (very helpful). For our wedding song we wanted a song from a cover band that was not on their site and Marcus went, found it and bought the song so that we could have it. Once the reception started the music was on a constant flow and I'll tell you, no one wanted him to stop. He played the songs we requested and his own song choices were great! Everyone was dancing and it was a blast! We got a ton of compliments and our guests were really impressed with his set up and professionalism. They even made comments about him being a Bono look alike! We would recommend Marcus, and Ray the DJ, to anyone that wants a wonderful experience and perfect music for their event. Marcus from the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU! You are amazing at what you do! Thanks for making our day so fun and special!!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Ray the DJ's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much for such a detailed review! We are so thankful that Marcus, and Ray the DJ were part of your wonderful day!

Michelle · Married on 12/05/2014

All I can say is WOW, Jeff was amazing during our ceremony and reception! He made sure that transitions were seamless, music was perfect and that all of the guests were entertained. We had a great time, the guests had a great time and the little kids loved him!!! Planning was a short process and we were a little nervous based upon experiences at other weddings but once he started at the ceremony we were more than happy to have him as our DJ and he helped make our wedding perfect. Thank you so much Jeff!

Sent on 01/12/2015

We recently used Ray the DJ and were assigned Jeff for our wedding reception. We lucked out, he was awesome. We cannot thank him enough for how well he ran everything at Villa Siena. It was flawless and unbelievably smooth- our guests never wanted to leave the floor! Throughout the evening we had multiple guests compliment us on how great the DJ was. Jeff was such a nice guy and never tried to steal the show. He was exactly what we were hoping for in a DJ. From the beginning, dealing with Ray the DJ was a breeze, whether it was directly with Jeff or with Breanna in the office. If we ever need a DJ again in the future, Ray the DJ will be our first call.

Sent on 12/01/2014

Catherine · Married on 11/15/2014

Marcus did an amazing job at our wedding!! My husband and I have very different taste in music and he managed to get the mix exactly right. We got a ton of compliments and our guests were really impressed with his set up and professionalism. I would recommend Marcus, and Ray the DJ, to anyone that wants a seamless experience and perfect music for their event.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Heather · Married on 11/15/2014

We were very fortunate to have James Mennes DJ our November 15th wedding. While interviewing DJ's, we felt the most comfortable with James because he was able to come off as both personable and professional at the same time. He sold himself as a DJ who manages the event from his booth, which gave us some peace of mind. We used his website to choose the songs that we wanted throughout the event, and provided suggestions when we needed inspiration. I requested that the song we chose for our first dance to be edited, and James made an excellent rendition of the song in about a week's time. About two weeks before the wedding, we began to have issues with the venue coordinator regarding our timeline. She stated that her staff needed what we thought was an abundant amount of time to serve the dinner, and the extra time she needed put pressure on the remaining events to occur in time. James assured us that he would keep track of the dinner service himself, and that if it did end up running over time, he would be able to adjust to ensure that all events would be covered in time. James' experience and professionalism made us confident that this problem would not hurt our wedding, which was important to keeping us from worrying about the timeline through the final days leading to the wedding. The wedding went off without a hitch, and James managed the schedule perfectly. He was an excellent emcee, providing energy without being over-the-top. We could not thank him enough for his hard work, and would absolutely recommend him to anyone for their event. 5++ stars!

Sent on 12/29/2014
  • Lindsey Fullerton

Lindsey · Married on 11/07/2014

Ray the DJ is the best DJ out there! We absolutely loved him and are so happy he was the DJ for our wedding. From the first time we met him, we knew he was the perfect fit for our day. He listened to every little detail about us and was really truly excited about making our day special. He did the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, and there was never a dull moment. From the ceremony running perfectly with the music and him being spot on for each exact second the song was needed, to the great variety of music he chose to have the perfect amount of slow songs and party songs at our reception, there was high energy throughout the whole night. He is a great MC and has the best personality and ability to keep the crowd interested. All of our guests and family just loved Ray and were still talking about how great he was even still, a couple weeks later. Thank you Ray for making our wedding so amazing, you are the best and we are so lucky to have worked with you!!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Gina · Married on 10/10/2014

We hired Ray The DJ for our wedding, and we worked with Randall. It was so easy to work with them! They have a great online tool that lets you put all your songs right into your account, all your even details are listed there including payments, timeframe's, forms for you to fill out. It really made working with them very easy. We were able to meet with Randall a few months prior to our wedding date and were able to go through the types of music we wanted played, and Randall was able to get a feel for the type of wedding we were looking to have! We wanted everyone up dancing so we wanted to make sure we hit the different age groups that would be there. They were great to work with and delivered our ceremony music and reception music perfectly!

Sent on 11/14/2014