Ray the DJ Reviews

Ray the DJ 5
Ray the DJ 6
Ray the DJ 7

Aicha · Married on 02/25/2018

I got married at Villa Siena on 25th of February (2018). I've been communicating with Marcus the whole 9 months of planning. Marcus was so professional and organized ! He was also patient with my husband and I went it came to last minute changes (meaning the day before). I appreciate you so much Marcus and Staff. I would use them again!

Sent on 02/28/2018

Kristina · Married on 01/06/2018

He was awesome, would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Kristen · Married on 12/23/2017

Marcus with Ray the DJ was wonderful to work with. He provided the sound system for our ceremony (since amplified music was not permitted with our venue) and the reception music. He was very thorough and helpful during the planning process, and our evening could not have run more smoothly. At the wedding, he played a variety of music and kept people dancing throughout the night. It was a truly wonderful experience working with Marcus and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great DJ!

Sent on 01/21/2018
  • Z

Zofia · Married on 11/18/2017

Ray the DJ did an outstanding job with our wedding, and I loved all the songs he played. He helped everyone have an awesome time on the dance floor! Ray was so professional and a pleasure to work with. I would hire him again in a heart beat!

Sent on 02/27/2018

Ray the DJ's reply:

Thank you Zofia! You and David have such a wonderful family and group of friends. I was truly honored to DJ for you and to be part of your fantastic, fun celebration!

Lauren · Married on 11/17/2017

We used Ray the DJ for our ceremony music, and cocktail hour and reception music. Marcus was our DJ and he made sure that everyone was entertained. I've honestly never seen so many people on the dance floor at a wedding before! Marcus was very professional and we very much enjoyed working with him.

Sent on 12/04/2017

Lindsey · Married on 04/08/2017

Teffanie was incredible! She was absolutely the star of the evening for us. She played games and kept our guests entertained the entire night. I was told it was the best and most fun wedding people had ever been to because of her!! She was so fun to work with and so accommodating. Love her!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Jessica · Married on 03/24/2017

We used Ray the DJ for our ceremony, cocktail and reception music and we were 100% pleased with all aspects. After talking with Breanna about what we envisioned for our wedding we were assigned Teffanie as our DJ and she was the perfect fit!. She was incredibly prompt and organized leading up to the wedding and was willing to meet in person to discuss any questions or concerns. At the wedding she played all of the songs we requested and kept things running so smoothly all night. She acted as our emcee for the night and things flowed seamlessly from start to finish. Our dance floor stayed packed from the first song to the last and our guests did not want to leave after the last song was over. It was truly a great experience and I am so glad we decided to use Ray the DJ and Teffanie!

Sent on 03/28/2017

Debbie · Married on 02/03/2017

My husband and I were so please with Marcus. He did an amazing job and we enjoyed working with him. Once we met Marcus, we knew he was the one we wanted to use. He was so professional and knew exactly what we wanted. His attention to detail was second to none. We would highly recommend Marcus to everyone. Thank you Marcus. You were exceptional and loved the "Italian" reference in our reception. In addition to the music, Marcus did our up-lighting. He created and amazing ambiance to the event and evening. Superb. :)

Sent on 02/21/2017

Kasie · Married on 11/12/2016

McDowell Mountain had Ray the DJ down as a vendor for their Complete Wedding Package. We had the pleasure of having Marcus as our wedding DJ! He is insanely passionate about what he does & it shows! Our first meeting was enjoyable getting to know Marcus & he was very eager to be our DJ. We chose his services over the other vendor offered under MMGC's package. The website you use to communicate songs with the DJ is easy to use & Marcus confirmed everything with us before wedding day. Small hiccup with a microphone during the speeches but it was handled professionally & we HIGHLY recommend Marcus from Ray the DJ!

Sent on 12/26/2016

We worked with Andy from Ray the DJ for our wedding and everything went wonderfully. He met with us before the date to get a sense of what we were looking for as far as DJ services and he did a great job. He and his team set everything up for the ceremony, including a standing mic for our reader and a lapel mic for our officiant. He and Ray the DJ were very easy to work.

Sent on 12/30/2016

Brittany · Married on 11/12/2016

We used Robert Wolfe with Ray the DJ for our wedding back in November 2016. He was wonderful! About a week before the wedding I had no idea what to walk down the aisle to, called him and he gave me the most beautiful suggestion! It was perfect and I am forever grateful. The day of we had some technical difficulties with our venues sound system and Robert was there to save the day! All our guest said for weeks how much they loved the music! Thanks Robert, and Ray the DJ!

Sent on 03/16/2017

Linda · Married on 11/06/2016

Mike was great! He was able to modify our song last minute so we were not dancing for 4 minutes and add in a few last minute toasts. He also communicated with us very well regarding what we are doing next and the game rules. Over the phone, he was great at accommodating our needs when we wanted a change.

Sent on 11/28/2016

Chelsey & Rhett · Married on 11/05/2016

My husband and I had a tough time deciding between a band or DJ for a wedding, but we went with Ray and we’re SO glad we did! He was the perfect DJ for the kind of party we wanted. We had our guests make song requests when they sent in their RSVPs and Ray helped us turn that into a playlist to get everyone on the dance floor. We had people dancing from the very start of the night to the end. It was perfect and Ray was great!

Sent on 03/17/2017

Brooke · Married on 11/05/2016

We had Gustavo at our wedding and he was perfect! We needed someone that could blend a variety of music especially with Mexican music and he did an incredible job. He was great at keeping the party going without interrupting with too much talking. Breanna was always prompt with a response and made everything so easy! Would definitely recommend them :)

Sent on 04/08/2017

Ashley · Married on 10/21/2016

Wow! Ray the DJ was absolutely amazing for our wedding on 10/21/16. I requested Ray himself after attending my friends wedding and got blown away by his passion and humor. Ray played the "newly wed" game after dinner and it was one of the most talked about moments at our wedding. He really read the dancing crowd and played music that fit well to keep the party going. I am so glad I booked with Ray, no regrets!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Ray the DJ's reply:

Ashley, Thank you so much! Ray really enjoyed working with you and loved the energy of your crowd! Congratulations to you and Brian!

Hillary · Married on 10/21/2016

Marcus was absolutely wonderful! He was so great to work with from the very first meeting - he called to check in a couple times and assisted us with any questions we had. He was patient and let us make our wedding and playlist our own while using his DJ expertise to play the perfect mix and make our party super fun!! He had an awesome attitude and accepted requests with a smile and even extended our time on the night of! Thanks so much Marcus!!!!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Julie · Married on 10/15/2016

Robert Wolfe with Ray the DJ was our DJ at our wedding last week. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ. He responded quickly to all of my emails and helped me with a playlist. On the day of the wedding, I had a couple of minor last minute changes and he took care of them without any problem. Robert played incredible music and really kept my guests on the dance floor for the entire night. All of my guests have been telling me how much fun they had. He really knows how to keep the party going. I highly recommend Robert.
    Also, Breanna with Ray the DJ was excellent in setting me up with Robert and answering all of my questions and emails in a timely manner.

Sent on 10/24/2016
  • April

April · Married on 09/24/2016

Ray the DJ service was absolutely spectacular. We had DJ Gustavo as our DJ and we could not ask for anyone better! He exceeded our expectations. Like many of you, we shopped around and contacted many different music vendors before choosing Ray the DJ. We even met up with different DJs in person before picking DJ Gustavo. We decided to have our wedding in Sedona and we picked Ray the DJ provided music for our cocktail hour and wedding ceremony. We felt that Gustavo truly cared about our wedding, and it was not just "another gig" for him. DJ Gustavo perfectly incorporated all of the music we requested and was very engaged with the crowd. I cannot think of one complaint. We were in constant communication with him, he was very professional, and he had the experience to make our wedding special. Everyone had a very memorable time, and they continue to talk about how awesome the DJ was that night. Big thanks to both DJ Gustavo and Ray the DJ services!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Leah · Married on 09/03/2016

Tony from Ray the DJ was the DJ selected for our wedding. We had quite a bit going on before the wedding including selling our house and moving, changing jobs, gone the week prior for a business, therefore, had waited until the last minute to upload our songs to your website. Literally, we were at the cutoff time uploading our requests. I spoke with Tony the week of the wedding. I apologized for the lateness on our side getting song choices to him. He was nothing but kind and considerate. He answered all my questions and even provided additional song choices to complete our list.

He showed up early the afternoon of our wedding to ensure everything was set up and ready to go on time. He did a phenomenal job during the ceremony and reception. He went with the flow when we had additional changes to the wedding party and was very accommodating. Everything was perfect!

Choose Tony to be your DJ. We couldn't have asked for anyone or anything better!! I would definitely recommend him or request him if the need arises to have DJ services at a future event.

Leah S., 09/03/16 wedding

Sent on 09/12/2016

Andi · Married on 09/03/2016

Mike and Andy from Ray the DJ were the best DJs I have ever encountered at a wedding. From the very first song until the last dance everything was perfect. The entire night ran smoothly and Mike continued to check in with us to make sure we had everything we needed. We had a buffet and he went up to each table individually to let them know it was their turn. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Mike. He made our wedding truly amazing.

Sent on 09/14/2016

Kristina · Married on 06/03/2016

Dan! Wow he was great! Super organized and detailed!! He followed up 3-4 times prior to the wedding for all the details just so the ceremony and reception were perfect! And everything definitely came out perfect!!! He has that great Dj voice ha. Super friendly outgoing guy. Knows what he's doing. Adapted to our changes easily. Highly recommend Dan!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Kristina,
    Thank you so much! Dan very much enjoyed working with you as well. :)

Maggie · Married on 05/14/2016

DJ Marcus is AWESOME! He was kind enough to drive and meet us half way since we were on different sides of the valley. He was super friendly and checked in with us. Ray the DJ gives you a log in and you can select the song you want for every aspect of the wedding. You can make a list of songs you want played or don't want played. I love that he would play requests... But he did so well reading the crowd that everyone just stayed on the dance floor. He played a great variety and definitely kept the party going. Request Marcus!

Sent on 08/30/2016

Kelsie · Married on 05/14/2016

Mike was amazing. They kept everyone having a great time on the dance floor. Every guest said they had a blast which was our whole goal. They played songs we wanted to hear, but also played off of what guests were dancing to as well. I'd recommend them to anyone planning a wedding or event!

Sent on 05/21/2016

Kelsie,
    Thank you so much! I will make sure that Mike knows how much you loved his work. We are honored to have been part of your day. Congratulations to you and your beloved!

Holly · Married on 04/09/2016

I was a long distance bride that was planning my wedding with the help of my mother and a wedding planner. Even thought I only spoke with Ray twice, I had total confidence in him and his services for the day of our wedding. He worked flawlessly with our wedding planner. They even provide an online portal with a song database that helps you pick songs for the certain important parts of the wedding (wedding party entrance, bride entrance, first dance, etc). They even can make song recommendations if you have no idea what to pick (super helpful). Ray has clearly done a lot of weddings, as we did not need to provide him a script of what to say. He was great off the cuff and nothing felt awkward or forced.

When looking for a DJ, CHOOSE RAY!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Taylor · Married on 04/08/2016

Marcus was wonderful, he did a great job keeping the energy up and making the reception fun. He was able to get in all of the songs I wanted and didn't force the ones we didn't. I was very happy with him and he was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 04/20/2016