Ray Mar Productions Reviews

212 Reviews for Ray Mar Productions

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• F

Fabiola · Married on 10/09/2011

Our wedding was supposed to be small and intimate. A backyard wedding that should have been relaxed and quaint. However, it turned out to be that and much more with a total of 60 guest. From the beggining Ray provided outstanding service. From assisting us in choosing our songs to the layout of the weddinging in our back yard.

Ray was not only our entertainerDJ he was our host and made us feel like the king and queen when we entered our home as the New Mr. & Mrs! He was professional in every way yet we felt like we knew him forever! I can list all the details but they are too long to list! I would recommend him to anyone. He truly did make our dreams come true. We had a great wedding and our guests STILL talk about our wedding!

(Side NOTE: A week after our wedding we attended a wedding in a fancy Prescott Resort with the guests being our same circle of friends that attended our wedding. The mututal friends that attended our wedding wouldn't stop saying how our wedding didn't compare and that our DJ was amazing and made the wedding!)

Sent on 12/15/2011

Theresa · event on 07/11/2011

Finally after being in this industry for years,I found a DJ that is so amazing that I would never consider having another family gathering or a party with out him!! I feel blessed, that he will ALWAYS be a part of our lives!

Thank you Ray!

Theresa Noble (Owner / Fresh from the Kitchen LLC )

Sent on 01/22/2012
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/26/2011

DJ Ray Mar made our wedding so fantastic!! He is so wonderful. Ray Mar isn't just a DJ; he is your friend. He goes out of his way to make sure everything is going smoothly and that everyone is having a good time. He goes way above and beyond what a regular DJ would do. If you want to have a fantastic time at your wedding, go with Ray Mar Productions. You won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 07/13/2011
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/12/2011

Let me begin by saying Ray was AMAZING, and I could not have imagined a more perfect DJ for our wedding. From the moment I spoke with Ray on the phone I knew he was a professional, and most importantly, he LOVES what he does. My husband and I did a couple of phone "meetings" with Ray before the big day, and by the time I met Ray on the day of the wedding, I was so comfortable, and knew that he had everything under control, I didn't give it a second thought. (Which to a bride on her wedding day, that is the best gift EVER!) And I was blown away by how amazing he was! He takes it upon himself to work with all of your vendors so that things run seamlessly. We gave him general ideas of the music we wanted and how we wanted the wedding to feel, and it was like he was inside our heads. It was perfection! I can't tell you how many people have told us how amazing our DJ was, and how it was the best wedding they had ever been too! Thank you DJ Ray Mar, you made our day truly spectacular!

Sent on 07/13/2011

Denice · Married on 04/30/2011

Raymar is awesome at what he does. He was our Officiant and our DJ. He made sure that everyone was involved at the reception. I was extremely happy with his services.

Sent on 07/12/2011
  • Liza

Liza · Married on 04/14/2011

Ray was great from start until finish!!! The one thing our guest still talk about is how funny the DJ/Officiant was. Everybody had such a great time!! The music was great and we all dance all night!! Thanks Ray for everything!!!

Sent on 07/04/2011

Kristina · Married on 04/09/2011

Ray Mar truly delievered "preformance beyond expectation". I was very worried days prior to the wedding about the songs that would be played, but Ray Mar assured me that it would be just perfect, and that it was! He kept the dance floor busy all night and was even on the floor dancing with us! He was AWSOME! Entertainment is huge for a wedding and Ray Mar Production delievers!!

Sent on 04/27/2011

Courtney · Married on 04/08/2011

Ray Mar was so easy to work with, which helped in such a stressful time! Everyone at our wedding loved his work!!! My parents were most impressed! :) He helped make the night extra spectacular. Ray Mar rocks!!! :)

Sent on 07/08/2011

Lauren and Paul · Married on 04/02/2011

Ray did an outstanding job at our wedding! He was very entertaining but also very professional. He answered all of our questions, was very punctual, and did an overall exceptional job. We highly recommend him!!

Sent on 07/20/2011

Matthew And Melanie · Married on 03/26/2011

Ray was awesome!! We couldn't have asked for him to do more for our special day. He didn't just stand behind his equipment and play music. He walked around and socialized with the guests, made sure we were taken care of all night, and even got out on the dance floor with everyone for a cha cha or two. The mood was kept light and humorous through the night. He was also very helpful with tools to select the playlist for the night (which can be daunting). But the topper for us was when he decided to play a certain song that we had never heard of before called 'True Companion' from Marc Cohn which was great cause the grooms name is Companion, so the words became very special to us. So we would whole heartedly recommend Ray to anyone planning their wedding and considering a DJ. There's a reason he's in the DJ Hall of Fame!

Sent on 03/29/2011

lee · Married on 03/17/2011

Ray mar was the utmost in professionalism and was also an asset all around. He felt more like family.

Sent on 04/21/2011

Kimberly · Married on 02/26/2011

Dj Ray Mar! You were fabulous!! You helped us from A to Z with wedding info and feedback, you did an amazing job at the wedding and kept everyone on their toes laughing the whole time, and made us so comfortable knowing that your professionalism and personality would go above and beyond! Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 03/08/2011

Nicole · Married on 02/12/2011

He took great care of us and helped made sure the whole day went smoothly.

Sent on 03/29/2011
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 02/06/2011

awesome!!

Sent on 03/08/2011

Aldo · Married on 01/15/2011

DJ Ray Mar is the main assest to any wedding no matter how big or small. With our photographer and videographer on their own programs, we felt like things in our wedding werent going to be fun, until Ray start hyping up the wedding and turns the reception into a good ol' time. Ray was more than a DJ he conducted himself very professionally and like family. Thus, I will always look at Ray like an Uncle. The kind of cool uncle who knows how to have a good time and set the mood. I would recommend HIM to anyone for any occassion. Thank you once again Ray. I am glad to have gotten to know you. Semper Fi. Aldo and Marisol Lopez

Sent on 04/29/2012

Beverly · Married on 12/14/2010

RayMar far exceeded our expectations. My husband and I thought he was awesome as did our guests. He is so personable with all the guests. I had met Ray at another wedding and was thoroughtly impressed with him. I had never heard another DJ do voice overs. He sang better than the original artists!!!!! Having Ray at our Reception was wonderful !!!!

Sent on 04/26/2011

Candice & Jeff · Married on 11/27/2010

Ray mar was extremely professional and made sure that our loved ones enjoyed our amazing wedding. He is truly a kind hearted, understanding individual. If you want to work with someone who you know will take care of you and ensure that you and your family have a fantastic experience on your special day, Ray Mar is the way to go. He felt more like family and we made a great friend. Thank you Ray for your love and understanding with everything! Also…our family said it was the best wedding in the family! =) Thank You!

Sent on 12/18/2011

Randy · Married on 11/13/2010

Couldn't of asked for a better DJ, everything went beyond expectation. Great music, great atmosphere and especially great professionalism. I highly recommend Ray Mar services, especially since our wedding guest were from completely different backgrounds. Our guest were half Hispanic from Southern California and other half Caucasian from the midwest and with the atmosphere and music he provided he made it feel like one big family. Thanks again Ray Mar for your services. Sincerely Randy and Sara Aguiar.

Sent on 12/02/2010

Samantha · Married on 11/12/2010

Where do I begin... Ray Mar is an amazing person inside and out and I clicked with him instantly when I first met him while helping my best friend interview DJs! He is so personable, caring, charismatic and full of life! He truly embodies "the perfect DJ"! I was so impressed with his work at my best friend's wedding that I knew he would definitely be mine one day!

About a year after my best friend got married my boyfriend of 6 years proposed and the one detail of my upcoming wedding that I was sure of was that Ray Mar would be my DJ no matter what! When I told him we were engaged he was so excited for us and said he couldn't wait to share our special day with and that is was an honor. My fiancée and I are the ones who were honored! He made our wedding day perfect! He has been helpful from the moment I told him we were engaged! From offering to help hunt out the perfect ceremony site, to finding the right photographer... he was so full of ideas and suggestions which I greatly appreciated!

When my fiancée and I finally picked our wedding date Ray Mar was booked and I was devastated! I must have interviewed 7 other DJs and the whole time I was with them I kept thinking, "You just can't compare to Ray Mar!" and had no idea what to do! After the 7th interview I came home in tears and told my fiancée that I was changing our wedding date - I just couldn't imagine our wedding without him! And so I did!!!

Working with Ray Mar is an absolute pleasure! He clearly loves what he does and strives to make every detail perfect - from the ceremony to the end of the reception he works his magic, literally! We have gotten so close to him over the last two years that I know he is someone we will keep in touch with. He is like family now! We love you Ray Mar!!!!

Big Hugs,
    Sam and Brandon Salch :)

Sent on 11/21/2010
  • Carla

Carla · Married on 10/30/2010

DJ Ray Mar kept the party going-- there was never one dull moment! He is extremely talented, funny, interactive and creative. We would recommend him without a doubt!! THANK YOU DJ RAY for making our wedding so memorable!!!

Sent on 11/22/2010

K · Married on 10/16/2010

Our wedding was in October 2010. Ray was more than I could have asked for in a DJ, not once but twice. He performed at a friend of mine's wedding in April, thats when I knew I had to book him.

He literally controls the entire reception to make sure everything runs smoothly and on schedule. He is also a pro at delay control. We had about 45 minutes or so that the bride was not feeling well and had to go into a private room. Ray immediately knew what was going on and delayed the time-line perfectly to were no one knew what had happened.

Ray was constantly checking in with us to make sure everything was going smoothly. From grand entrance to calling table numbers for dinner, to dancing himself, to closing out the night, Ray was on top of everything that took place. I am an extremely organized person and he exceeded my expectations. Its like he studied what we expected and planned for months, but he didn't. We had a couple conversions and he just knew.

The entertainment was great. He interacted with the guests and spent time making sure everyone was entertained. He also responded to the music guests showed an interest in, while playing more of it to keep them dancing, all while playing every song we put on our list, as well as taking requests from guests. He is not set in a specific way, he adjusts his plan to what the bride and groom want, and even what the guests want.

Our main goal was to keep the guests entertained and dancing, and Ray did exactly that. I am not a wedding expert, but remember one thing, in reality the only thing people will remember is weather the had fun for not. Everyone at our reception had a great time, its two weeks later and we are still getting compliments about how much fun everyone had. I thank Ray for this.

If you want someone who doesn't say much, who plays their own list of the same songs you have heard in the same order at most weddings, then surf craigslist or find someone who's rate seems too good to be true (you will get what you pay for). I promise, you will regret not having good entertainment. He is worth every penny, and then some because we paid extra for more time. I wouldn't call Ray just a DJ, My self, as well as everyone at my wedding reception consider him an entertainer. I just wish I could have more big events so I could hire him again...maybe a family reunion? Book him before he is! you won't regret it!

Sent on 10/29/2010
  • Matt and Bree

Matt and Bree · Married on 10/10/2010

Ray Mar was perfect! He was the first and last DJ we met with. He was everything that we wanted and needed! Pick Ray Mar for your Dj becuse he will make all of your wedding dreams come true. Not only did he Dj the entire night but he also hosted, took pictures and played an extra hour at our wedding.He was basically superman the way he performed. I can guarantee that no other DJ will perform the way that Ray Mar did! We were very pleased with how he took care of us and he was so trustworthy during the whole wedding process. If you want to go cheap on your DJ then expect poor performance. Ray Mar was reasonably priced and we did not think twice before choosing him to be a part of our wedding. I can't wait to have another party or get together so that we can have the opportunity to have Ray Mar be our DJ again! Please consider Ray Mar to be your DJ, he will make your wedding perfect!

Sent on 11/09/2010

Grace · Married on 10/02/2010

I found Ray on the internet and i was captured by what was posted on his website but by the way he looked. He seem like a really nice person with wonderful qualities and when i first met him i knew i wanted him for my DJ. Ray was very honest and he explained everything he would be doing on the day of our wedding. As a busy man, he kept in touch with us to make sure we had everything planned and was always prompt when responding to questions. I didnt know what to expect on the day of my wedding but Ray was awesome. He kept us entertained and he made sure everything went smoothly. One thing that made me love him more was that he too was taking pictures on the evening and has promised us a digital copy of all photographs. I was so overjoyed and thankful. Ray is also a great singer, yes and he got the crowd to sing with him and he also taught us a new dance. I can certainly say that you really get what you pay for with a DJ, just make sure you have good rapport with them. I recommend RayMar and i will definitely keep him in mind whenever someone ask me for referrals. Ray kept my guest entertained, happy and dancing all night long. Thanks Ray!!

Sent on 11/08/2010

erin · Married on 09/05/2010

DJ Ray Mar really brought his Puerto Rican flair! He had everyone on their feet all night long! If the venue didnt have a noise ordinance, we would have gone all night! Everything went perfectly and I didnt have to worry about a thing all night. He was on top of it all; he performed at both the ceremony and reception. He listened to me too when I said nothing corny, and that I just wanted to dance all night long!
    He also let my dad introduce my husband and me for the Grand Entrance, which was really cool!
    I had many guests come up to me and compliment how great he was and how amazing of a time they were all having! The best part was how professional he was. He really went above and beyond to make sure that I wouldnt have to worry about a thing, like calling all my vendors for me to confirm everything.
    I would recommend him to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 11/21/2010

victoria · Married on 07/02/2010

Without a doubt Ray Martinez (dj Ray mar) provided us with service beyond our expectations! He is a true entertainer that is genuinely interested in his clients. The best compliment I can give ray mar is that I knew I hired a professional and at no time on my wedding day did I have to worry about the DJ. Ray is masterful at working a crowd and he got all of our guests excited about the event! The little things that he did to make our day special are too numerous to list....but I will let you in on a few.
    1. Provided a moving tribute to our veterans at the ceremony
    2. Wore suit colors to match the wedding
    3. And to my surprise a month after the wedding we received a cd of pictures from him! (his pictures provided us with an entirely different view of our wedding day)

You will not be disappointed if you make ray mar your DJ!

Nick and Vicky