Rare Form Band LLC Reviews

96 | Boston, MA

96 Reviews for Rare Form Band LLC

Joseph · Married on 09/15/2018

We absolutely LOVED Rare Form as did everyone else at the wedding. An example of a text someone sent - "We all agreed that you hired the greatest wedding band ever!" I can't imagine a band doing a better job emceeing the night. The band was incredible at handling requests and getting everyone on the dance floor.

Not only did we have people who have been to dozens and dozens of weddings telling us we hired the best wedding band ever, but we also had people who DO NOT dance ever, out on the dance floor. It was truly an amazing testament to the quality of the music, the ability of the band to read the crowd, and the overall vibe that the band created under the tent.

Hiring Rare Form was truly one of the best decisions we made this year, besides deciding to get married :)

Sent on 10/13/2018

Eric L. · Married on 07/15/2018

Wow!!!........Stunning, Amazing!

WOW!!!..........Stunning!, Amazing!.....Rare Form Band gave my daughter’s wedding the perfect atmosphere and entertainment. Absolutely the best wedding band we have ever experienced by far. Their diversity is unprecedented and kept four generations enraptured. The Maid of Honor and her boyfriend sang a song before the ceremony and Steve sat in on guitar at the last moment which added the perfect touch (now there’s talent!). For the Father/Daughter dance the band learned a Canadian ballad which is very special to her and it sounded like the original performers were in the room, unbelievable! The dance floor was packed all night and everyone commented on how extraordinarily excellent the music was. Thank you Rare Form for a stupendous evening!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Tracey V. · Married on 06/16/2018

Cannot recommend highly enough!

Rare Form preformed at our friends' daughter's wedding and all is can say is WOW!!! They were amazing and, by far, the best band that I have ever seen perform at a wedding. Incredible talent and great diversity in the music they played. They kept the dance floor packed with folks of all ages all night long! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/23/2018

T&S B. · Married on 06/16/2018

Awesome Band!

Absolutely would recommend them, they were wonderful!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Ed · Married on 05/12/2018

Rare Form was absolutely great- my daughter's may 12 2018 wedding was made even more incredible with the fantastic music - they played some rare songs that we requested perfectly- I would Highly recommend them

Sent on 08/24/2018

Haleigh · Married on 05/12/2018

Rare Form got EVERYONE on the dance floor!

I first heard Rare Form at my cousin's wedding in 2014 and I knew at that moment that this would be the band that plays at my wedding. Mind you, I wasn't even dating anyone yet. Flash forward 4 years and needless to say it was the second easiest decision I made when it came to the wedding (next to saying yes to my husband). I could go on for days about how they absolutely nailed it at our wedding. My husband and I put together a playlist of songs we liked and with the short timeline we weren't expecting them to be able to learn Africa by Toto in time for the wedding but, they did! And it was a crowd favorite, FOR SURE! From our first dance, Van Morrison to our parent/child dances, Landslide and Rod Stewart - Ooh La La, to the closing song Blister in the Sun, these guys absolutely KILLED IT! Kept the energy levels up all night! I would recommend them a million times over. Thank you, Rare Form! xoxo Haleigh & Jack

Sent on 02/07/2019

David · Married on 09/16/2017

Donna, our sons wedding was last September and guests still talk about Rare Form when we talk about the wedding. They were spectacular. I asked them to play an extra hour, they did so with no repeats, all new music. I can’t say enough, it was a real pleasure working with you and the band!!!!

Sent on 03/04/2018

Rare Form Band LLC's reply:

Thank you David! We had a great time too!
    Hope to see you at another wedding or event soon.
    Thank you for choosing us to celebrate this special day with all of you.

Nancy · Married on 07/08/2017

My son and daughter-in -law were married in Falmouth this past July 8th. Their reception was at the Seacrest and Rare Form was their wedding band. They were awesome, everyone (over 300 guests) was on the dance floor all night long!! People were raving about how great the band was! My son and his wife had a list of requests for Rare Form and they played every song requested. Steve and Donna were wonderful to work with so genuinely nice and professional! Our experience with Rare Firm Band was a pleasure from start to finish. My husband and I would recommend them HIGHLY!

Sent on 12/05/2017
  • MARY

Mary · Married on 06/24/2017

Such a fantastic band!

Rare Form just performed for my son's wedding this past weekend. They are phenomenal! The instruments and voices are spectacular and sound even better than the original artists. I heard all night from our guests how great the band was. Rare Form is a band that keeps your guests on their feet. The dance floor was full all night. A wonderful wedding was had mostly due to Rare Form. Thanks so much!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Marc · Married on 06/17/2017

Best band period! I've worked with Rare Form on three events now, including my own wedding. They are very responsive, can help cater to specific requests, play yesterday & today's best music, are well organized and a tremendous value. I would highly recommend working with Rare Form for your next event and/or wedding as I definitely will be!

Sent on 02/25/2018

Julia · Married on 09/24/2016

This band made our wedding! Our guests have not stopped talking about the amazing music. I was worried that a band wouldn't be able to play enough current music like a DJ could, but Rare Form exceeded all expectations!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Justine · Married on 04/29/2016

They were responsive, professional, and the music was great!

Sent on 01/11/2017

Melissa · Married on 10/24/2015

We selected Rare Form as our wedding band and the band was absolutely amazing! We did not have to give them any direction on which songs to play--they completely read the crowd. The dance floor was filled the entire night and they were so fun to work with. They are beyond talented! I had many many guests at our wedding ask me who our band was because they were so impressed. They sound EXACTLY like the artist(s) they are singing. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding band or a band for an event!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Jenna · Married on 10/10/2015

Our wedding guests consistently said Rare Form was one of the best bands that they had ever seen. They had the dance floor packed from first to last minute. They play a great variety and their energy is awesome. They were flexible throughout the night to adjust breaks and respond to our guests. Better than we could have ever expected. Many of our guests now want to book them so book early! They will make your event!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Rare Form was outstanding. We had them for a 5 hours reception at MT Top INN in Vermont. We had 210 people at the wedding and the dance floor was packed (beginning to end).

They could sing/play every type of music. I have had multiple people ask me for their contact information and the play list they played that evening.

Also, had the keyboard player do 1 1/2 hours at the cocktail party.

Angelica · Married on 10/03/2015

This band MADE my wedding. Words cannot express the gratitude I have for Rare Form and the joy the band brought to my wedding. The dance floor was PACKED the whole night, and every single song was outrageously good! From Bruce Springsteen, to Pitbull, to Sinatra, my guests were blown away by the versatility and accuracy of the band! We had lots of requests for what we wanted and didn't want for our music and for the flow of the evening, and Donna and the band accommodated every single request while being such a pleasure to work with! I am a bride who believes that the music is the most important part of a wedding (along with food!), and I honestly could not be happier that I chose Rare Form! My guests were coming up to my husband and I the whole evening complimenting the band, and we they were still complimenting the band AFTER the wedding!! PLEASE take my advice and end your search here! You will be SO happy with Rare Form Band!

Sent on 10/10/2015

Rare Form is AMAZING!!! Our guest can't stop talking about how talented these guys (and girl) are, and how much fun our wedding was because of their music! We knew that having a band was a must for our wedding, and Rare Form did not disappoint! They play a great range of music that was enjoyed by all ages at our wedding! They are a must-have for a truly rockin' wedding!!

Sent on 09/07/2015

They are very talented professionals and a pleasure to work with. They know how to read and please crowd. Many, many wedding attendees commented on how talented and great the band was and how fun the wedding was as a result. Two people requested contact information for up-and-coming weddings in their family.
    If you want a band, these people are the best!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Rare form was the hit of our wedding. They are extremely talented and know how to read the crowd to keep the dance floor stayed packed all night.

I highly recommend Rare Form.

Sent on 11/19/2015

Paul · Married on 06/07/2015

This band is amazingly talented that can play any song. Most importantly keeps your dance floor full through out your wedding. My guests did not want them to leave.

Sent on 06/16/2015
  • W

Wendy · Married on 06/07/2015

Rare Form was an amazing addition to a wedding I coordinated recently. They brought great energy to the room, were delightful to work with, and they sound AMAZING. From Louis Armstrong to Taylor Swift I had to keep reminding myself it was a band and not a DJ. I can't wait for my next bride to book Rare Form!

Sent on 06/22/2015
  • User5220090 · 2+ years ago

Rare Form was the best part about our wedding!!! I can't say enough about what a great performance they gave and how they got all of my wedding guests on the dance floor!!! I had guests who got their cards afterwards to book them at their upcoming events because they thought Rare Form was so unbelievable good. And Donna was a fantastic manager! She helped me coordinate everything so I had nothing to worry about. I can't recommend them enough and am trying to figure out when is the next time I can hire them again for another event!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Claire · Married on 10/25/2014

Band was fabulous in every way.
    I have used them 4 times and at least 10 friends have as well.

Sent on 06/22/2015

There are not enough great things to say about Rare Form! My wife and I hired them to play for our wedding and they were fantastic! When we started to look at entertainment options we knew we wanted a live band and we knew we wanted a live band that would play music everyone knew and loved and could relax and have a great time with. We first heard them play at a showcase event and they impressed us from the start. The group was in-tune, they had a great line up and they easily changed gears. Fast forward to the event and they were even more amazing. Our guests had a great time and keep telling us how great the band was and how much fun they had with the music selection. The band really connected well with the audience and had as much fun performing as everyone else did dancing and listening. I should also add that Rare Form's musicians also provided the music for our ceremony and they did a wonderful job performing some great classical pieces. All throughout our planning process they were very easy to work with and always very professional. I wouldn't hesitate to hire them again or recommend them to anyone looking for a great live band that can provide a wide variety of quality music.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/20/2014

Rare Form provided amazing music for our wedding reception!! They are such a versatile band who can sing it all!! They went above and beyond to learn our first dance song and they did it perfectly! Guests are still talking about how great Rare Form was. Thank you!!

Sent on 10/18/2014