Raise the Roof Charlotte Reviews

98 | Indian Trail, NC

98 Reviews for Raise the Roof Charlotte

Liam · Married on 10/20/2020

Mike was amazing!

Mike did a great job keeping the guest dancing and made the flow of our wedding smooth sailing! 100% recommend using him for your events!

Sent on 10/25/2020
  • Sarah

Ethan Sacco · Married on 12/28/2019

Beyond words

Where to begin? Mike and I were vendors at the same wedding back in 2018. He was incredibly kind, hilarious, and he knew exactly how to get people onto the dance floor. I had recently gotten engaged at the time I met Mike, and started to consider asking him if he would DJ for my fiancé and I. Having a good DJ who could read a crowd and have a good time with people was really important to us, because we cared a lot about our guests’ experiences at our wedding. Mike went above and beyond for us at our wedding and before thereof. He has an in-depth way of getting to know his clients and what they want their wedding to be like so that everything he does is perfectly crafted to each couple. ALL of our guests loved him (in fact, he’s a popular topic of conversation among our friends and family when we look back on our wedding day!), and he made our night the absolute best it could be. It was seamless, fun, and so authentically us. We are so grateful for Mike!

Sent on 01/07/2020
  • Z

Zach Pruitt · Married on 12/07/2019

Best DJ in the game!

100% recommend DJ Mike. Was able to play everything we wanted. Very responsive to questions and problems. Everything went perfect!

Sent on 01/05/2020

Raise the Roof Charlotte's reply:

Thanks a million Zach! You, Kenzi and your families and friends were just a pleasure to work with! A great time was had by all! CONGRATS again!

Susanne Dillingham · Married on 11/30/2019

Amazing experience1

We hired DJ Mike for our wedding on our farm in November 2019. We loved chatting with him and he made the whole decision making process SO easy. His personality is easy going and very cool and is so good at reading a crowd. I danced the ENTIRE evening. It was also raining and it didn't seem to phase him at all, he was able to work with it, in the rain! Hats off to DJ Mike for making our wedding so special with his love of music and kind heart. Choose DJ MIke, you will not be sorry!

Sent on 12/17/2019

Raise the Roof Charlotte's reply:

Thanks Susanne! What a GREAT wedding with great people! BIG CONGRATS to you and David! Just a pleasure to have been a part!
  • Taylor

Taylor Bess · Married on 11/09/2019

Fun, easy and responsive

Mike is the best. He was great throughout the whole planning process and always answered emails very quickly. He was very accommodating and helpful. The night was so smooth and fun. Thanks for making it an awesome party!

Sent on 11/18/2019

Jaime Kannan · Married on 11/02/2019

DJ Chris is fantastic!

We used Raise the Roof Charlotte for our wedding and had Chris as our DJ. He was awesome. Not only did he provide suggestions for songs, he also helped us think through some of the timing of dances and the overall flow of the evening. He was able to really figure out exactly what we liked and run with it. He was very responsive and helpful!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Caitlin · Married on 10/26/2019

Mike was everything I could wish for and more!

Mike was the DJ for our wedding and he delivered on every aspect. Mike kept in communication with us and left us with no questions or concerns prior to the day of. He was able to read the crowd and also made sure to stick to our particular music taste. He helped make our night special!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Raise the Roof Charlotte's reply:

Thanks for the kind words! Playing your wedding was fantastic! Thanks for letting us be a part of such a wonderful day!
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/26/2019

Best DJ ever!!

DJ Mike traveled to the mountains in the pouring rain to provide his amazing services. He was not only there for my special day, but also for my sisters and multiple friends weddings. He is pretty much part of the family now haha thank you so much for everything you have done! We highly recommend!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Masi

Masi Luttner · Married on 10/26/2019

Heck yes to Mike!

We were so lucky and humbled to have Mike as part of our wedding day. It was like we hired a family friend from the start. Mike made it completely seamless and easy that we never had to question or worry about what he was doing. If you're looking for someone who's chill, loves dogs, and gives it to you straight without all the weird wedding day fluff, Mike's your dude. So many other DJs were trying to upsell us on stuff that we really just didn't find necessary and weren't sharing the same vision, but Mike got it. I could ramble forever about how great he is but 10/10 would recommend 👌

Sent on 11/17/2019

Sarah · Married on 10/19/2019

Excellent DJ

Mike was incredible! He was extremely helpful with planning and made the DJ/music one of the few things I didn't worry about. He was a joy to talk to before the wedding, and we got so many compliments about him and the music he played. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/05/2019

Laurel Austin · Married on 10/12/2019

Excellent!

We love DJ Mike! You will feel like you have known him for years when you meet him, very personable and loves what he does! With planning a wedding it can be very stressful at times and made me anxious, but Mike was always there to help calm me down and reassure me that everything would be great. Me and my husband loved his sense of humor! You would be definitely missing out if you didn’t choose Mike to be your DJ for your wedding. Our wedding is over now and i feel like we have gained a friend out of this whole journey!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Caroline · Married on 10/05/2019

DJ Mike was great!!!

From first phone call with Mike I knew that he was going to be great! He was very excited, engaged and willing to answer any questions. Most importantly, he made the planning process for music really easy. His online website for adding music, timelines and other information was really easy to use and helped me communicate what I really wanted at the ceremony and reception. At the receiption everyyyyone was dancing. I don’t have my pictures back yet to show how packed the floor was, but it was! We had our age groups split into two major groups (20 somethings and 50+). He played a great variety of music that made everyone happy. Overall I was really pleased with him. Thanks Mike for such a memorable wedding!!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Raise the Roof Charlotte's reply:

A beautiful wedding at Langtree Plantation! Indeed it was a fantastic dance party!!! Thanks for the wonderful review! Our very best to you and Austin!
  • Annemarie

Anne Marie Thompson · Married on 09/28/2019

What an amazing experience!

DJ Chris was beyond amazing! He always included us in the music process! He met with us and we discussed our music preferences and then communicated through phone and email for any unanswered questions. He came to our rehearsal (on his anniversary I might add) and helped us nail the music for the ceremony. The ceremony went flawlessly and the reception was a blast! I highly recommend him as your wedding DJ!

Sent on 10/01/2019

Morgan Coad · Married on 09/14/2019

extemely convenient and professional

we were so thrilled to have mike dj our wedding. he made out lives so much easier during this process from start to finish. he read the room and played the music that kept us all dancing! He was able to get specific music for the formal dances though the music wasnt well known or mass produced. the quality for the price was well worth it!

Sent on 09/28/2019

Tracie Rucker · Married on 08/31/2019

Absolutely Amazing

Raise the Roof Charlotte was so wonderful to work with! Mike was always willing to meet whenever we'd like and was prepared to answer any questions we threw at him. Our wedding was amazing and a great part of this goes to Mike; he kept our cocktail hour and reception flowing which allowed us to dance the night away. Thank you so much for everything you've done for us; I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to DJ our wedding.

Sent on 09/19/2019

Noel · Married on 08/24/2019

100% recommend if you are looking for a DJ in the CLT area!

Mike was an outstanding DJ for our August 24th, 2019, wedding! Throughout the entire process Mike was attentive, funny, and quick to respond to my panicked emails. Bonus - he was very affordable for the area! Above all, the day of the wedding Mike made sure the timeline flowed nicely and that guests got down on the dance floor all night long. Our guests still talk about how great a DJ he was when recapping our wedding night. You won't be disappointed choosing Mike for your event!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Danielle Ritter · Married on 07/20/2019

Saratoga Springs Wedding

Dj Mike always replied to my emails within minutes of me sending him a question. Very easy going and his main goal is to keep your stress level down and for you to have the best night of your life. I would highly recommend him as a dj!

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Jessika

Jessika Purvis · Married on 07/20/2019

Chris was perfect!

Our photographer (Fox and Flora) recommended Raise the Roof to us. I'm so glad she did! We were quickly connected to Chris. He was super helpful over the phone and flexible in meeting times. When we met a few weeks before the wedding, he was very organized and helped us plan the day by giving ideas, asking questions, and telling us about his previous experiences. We made changes up to a day before the wedding and he was able to integrate them quickly. The day of the wedding, he was so helpful. He set up extra early to ensure he was prepared. He directed the wedding party through the introductions, confirming with each person that the pronunciation was correct. He worked with our day-of coordinator to make spur-of-the-moment announcements, plug in a phone for a playlist, and help us out where he could. During the dancing, he used the songs we requested beforehand and took requests from the attendees. Everyone was dancing the entire night (seriously, I've never been to a wedding that had everyone on their feet as long as ours). He made an appropriate amount of announcements that weren't cheesy - a big worry of ours when hiring a DJ. He made a very comfortable, fun environment and we felt confident that he could handle any situations or changes. Thanks, Chris!! Everyone - you won't regret hiring him.

Sent on 09/06/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 07/13/2019

Outstanding, Remarkable, Phenomenal

You better book Mike! You will have a very smooth wedding with this incredible man. He makes you feel comfortable and at ease throughout your whole wedding day. We hired him as our DJ, but he also became a great friend. Rate 100⭐️/10 !!! Give this outgoing man a BiiiiG tip because he deserves it for his extraordinary professionalism.

Sent on 07/14/2019

Michelle Asbury · Married on 05/18/2019

Wedding DJ

Mike was awesome! He knew the right music to play with our wedding crowd, and got the people going! When we first met with him we, he was professional and made us feel comfortable, we couldn’t wait to work with him. He also has his own lights that made the venue look awesome! Would highly recommend him, and would use him again in the future.

Sent on 06/22/2019

ashlyn · Married on 05/12/2019

Great service

Mike was wonderful. Everything with the wedding went very smoothly. He was incredibly professional and very responsive to emails and phone calls. Everyone had such a wonderful time dancing!!!!!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Marissa · Married on 05/05/2019

Worlds greatest DJ...DJ Mike!

If you are looking for a fun, energetic, and downright awesome DJ for your wedding, party, or any event...DJ Mike is the one for you! I used DJ Mike for my wedding and was very pleased with his level of service. He got my wedding guest up on their feet dancing the night away. He knows how to read a crowd and selects music that keeps them on the dance floor! I had a blast and my guest had so much fun thanks to DJ Mike!!!

Another reason I loved DJ Mike is that he provides you an online system that allows you to request songs and create a timeline for the event. This helped me stay on time and be organized for my big day! DJ Mike is reliable and trustworthy. He arrived on time and stayed until the event was over. He plays great music and is very professional. I am the type of person that does extensive research before committing to a vendor. DJ Mike had amazing reviews and he sure did live up to them! He was simply the BEST! Check out his Facebook page or contact him now to get more information....trust me you don't want to miss out on having him as your DJ!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Raise the Roof Charlotte's reply:

Wow!!! Thanks so much for the kind words! It was absolutely my pleasure to be a part of your big day! You guys, families and guests were just fantastic! CONGRATS AGAIN!
  • Meghin

Meghin Fraychineaud · Married on 04/20/2019

Mike is awesome!

We are so glad we hired Mike for our big day! The music was exactly what we wanted and everyone had a great time! He understands the importance of having a good music variety for guests including slow dances, line dances, and music for all ages. Mikes has a cool light set up that really made a difference in our venue. He was very responsive and professional which is so important when planning a wedding! His online planner is easy to use and very helpful!! If we ever need a dj again, we would love to hire him again!

Sent on 04/22/2019
  • Gerri

Gerri Camarda · Married on 04/07/2019

Priceless!!

Mike was amazing from beginning to end. He took our crazy requests and made our wedding exactly what we envisioned. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/20/2019

Raise the Roof Charlotte's reply:

Thanks so much! Thankful to have had the chance to be a part! CONGRATS! Wishing all the best for you and your family!

V. Mills · Married on 03/30/2019

School fundraising gala

Mike was a fantastic DJ for our school's fundraising event and would have him back again with no question!!! Always responsive to my emails and ensures your guests have a fantastic time at your event! This was our second year using Raise the Roof DJ and were thrilled with how professional and fun he makes it!!! Highly recommend Mike for your DJ needs!!!!

Sent on 04/02/2019

Raise the Roof Charlotte's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words! Always a blast helping out with your annual bash!! Already looking forward to next year!