45 Reviews for Raffael's

House Wine (1)
House Liquor (1)
Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Beer (1)

I couldn’t be more happy with Raffael’s! Terese is absolutely the best and we are so lucky we found her. She made the wedding planing so much easier and she was there to answer all my questions. I finally have some time to write a review, my wedding was in October and it could’ve not been more perfect! Thank you Raffael’s!

Profile Picture Lorida, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can not think of a more beautiful place to get married in Hingham than Raffael's! The views, the décor, the FOOD! It was all incredible. The day of team was very helpful and Terese went above and beyond from our very first meeting to make sure everything went smoothly! She was quick to respond to emails and always very sweet. Raffael's was able to accommodate our wedding flawlessly and I would highly recommend them (and Terese) to anyone looking to host an event!

Profile Picture Allison, 9/23/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Linens, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Covered Outdoor

Having our wedding at Raffael's was the easiest and best decision we could have made for our wedding. From the first day we visited the venue they made us feel like royalty and like we were their only bride and groom. They worked with us on every detail and we were able to modify the package to make it perfect for us. The food tasting was just one amazing meal after another making it so hard to choose which meal would be perfect for us. To show their attention to detail every meal came with a beautiful orchid on it. Terese and Frank went above and beyond and I never had to wait more than 24 hours before someone in their office got back to me. Every time we went to visit the site, eat dinner or play golf we were greeted like friends. The day of the wedding was magical they had set up everything better than I could expected and the room was perfect. They really took care of myself and my husband, and I even had my own waitress who followed me around with wine and french fries to make sure I ate something. At one point in the night someone had stepped on my train and ripped the bussel so Frank helped me pin it back up! The venue, the grounds and the food were something you read about in magazines, but the total experience was something out of a fairy tale.

Profile Picture Bethany, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Cake, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

I cannot say enough about how happy we are that we chose to have our wedding at Raffles @ South Shore Country Club. From my very first meeting with event coordinator Terese Panetta I knew we were going to have our wedding reception here. The venue was just renovated and the Hingham Ballroom is absolutely gorgeous! The food is amazing and everyone was raving that it didn't taste like "wedding food" but was so delicious (we had statler chicken and prime rib with fingerling potatoes) We had a private tasting of all the food and had a difficult time choosing bc everything was so good. We also had signature cocktails and were able to try those out beforehand as well. Frank, the bar owner, created an AMAZING Mango martini that all the guests enjoyed so much! I probably would have chosen this place for the look and taste alone, but aside from the amazing looking venue, delicious food, and beautiful outside area perfect for pictures, another thing that really impressed us was the level of professionalism and customer service. Terese was such a great help during the entire year of planning, I asked so many questions, sometimes even the same ones, and she always answered and gave me her honest feedback and even gave me tips on how to save money which is not common in the wedding business as they want you to spend more more more! I never felt like I was "just another bride" bc she always reassured that no matter what, she was there to help make our big day perfect and just the way we envisioned, even with last minute changes the day before, she was on point with everything. I actually felt sad when it was over bc I really enjoyed working with her and Frank, but we will be back to visit the restaurant! I could go on and on, but if you are looking for a beautiful venue with great food and drinks, affordable prices, and top notch service, look no further bc Terese Panettta and Raffaels @ South Shore Country Club is the best of the best! Thanks so much for everything!!!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Event Planning, Set Up

Their location in Walpole was absolutely amazing! From the attention to detail to the amazing staff. My wedding was perfect. Everything was flawless and elegant just like I wanted it. If you are looking for that high end wedding venue for your guests to be completely amazed but don't want to spend the ridiculous amount on a venue in the city. This is your place! My guests have been talking about this venue non-stop for 2 months now. I even had one of my guests who owns a high end place in Boston say that it was the most amazing wedding he has ever been to. I also work in a fine dining facility myself as do my managers and co workers who were invited to the wedding, so you could say we have VERY high standards on service. They said they had never seen anything like it. The staff made sure they were never without anything they needed. The owner Joe is also a sweetheart and very down to earth. They are very honest and real which I loved. Also, it happened to rain unexpectedly on my wedding day and they had the most beautiful back-up room inside for the ceremony. (VERY IMPORTANT) -Thank you so much Raffael's for allowing me to have what my family is calling "The Wedding of the Century."

Profile Picture taylor, 10/1/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, Set Up

Wow! We had our wedding reception at the Hingham location (9/10/16) so we were fortunate to work with Terese! Terese was incredible from the very first time I called her until after our wedding. A month later after the wedding I am still getting compliments on how much our guests loved everything about the venue. The food (filet mignon) was incredible and the newly-remodeled room was beautiful, too.

As an extra perk, we had an "after reception party" at the bowling alley on the premise. Our guests thought that was such a great idea and everyone had a great time.

I think we had to book our date roughly 15 months ahead of time and we are glad we did! I honestly cannot recommend this venue enough and Terese certainly made it a day we will never forget.

Good luck!

Profile Picture Tim, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rafael's did an incredible job with our wedding! From the original booking date to the food tasting to the table linens to the wedding program to the rehearsal diner to the actual final Wedding day itself, Terese Panetta, the event planner, went above and beyond her professional duties to provide us with a stunning experience! I can truly say that we had a Fairytale wedding, and the entire time Terese was like a magical bird who gave complete direction and stayed by our sides making sure our every need was met! The pavilion tent and the Hingham Room were both so beautifully decorated and the Food was perfect.The owner himself, Elio, was even involved with details and planning of our wedding, and you could tell that Raffael's take much pride in what they do and they thoroughly enjoy making their clients happy! If you are looking to have a show stopper wedding at a price you can afford, then Raffael's In Hingham is right for you! Would love to even share some of photos and video as well! Beyond impressed with this venue!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/26/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What a perfect wedding we had! The tent and reception were just amazing. This was definitely the right choice for us. The whole process was so easy and Terese worked so hard to make sure our day went just how we wanted. Thank you so much to the entire Raffael's staff!

Profile Picture Joe, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Raffael's is absolutely a beautiful country club!!! Terese was there to answer all my questions and calm my fears. The food is OUTSTANDING!!! The Chef gets an A+++ on every dish my guests were pleasantly surprised that it didn't taste like "wedding food" but more like going to a restaurant. Raffael's in Hingham made my 25th Wedding Anniversary and all my dreams, wants and desires come true. THANK YOU!!!

Ps. Will be planning my next event shortly

Profile Picture Felisha, 9/12/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Bridal Suite, Cake, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access

We had our wedding at Raffael's on June 20th, 2015, and it was amazing! We got married on-site (ceremony outdoors) and then had the Reception inside. They surpassed all of my expectations, and delivered on everything. The food was outstanding, staff was extremely helpful and courteous, and even catered to specific people's food orders. Elio was the BEST, he was so helpful, kind, and always on time. Elio helped us very much the day before at the Rehearsal, and then the night of the wedding, he went above and beyond. People came up to me saying how great of a person he was. The food was fantastic - we had penne alla vodka as a first course before the main meals and that was everyone's favorite.

The alcohol was top shelf, and bartenders was so nice and funny. We got the package from Raffael's were everything was included, so I did not have to worry about flowers, centerpieces, hors d'oeuvres, linens, guest book, etc because all of that was included. For me, this was PERFECT! I know 0 about Weddings, and thanks to Tina and Lynne, they did it all for me. You do not need a wedding planner because Tina and Lynne are perfect. The reasons we went with Raffael's in the first place were because: gorgeous BIG ballroom and dance floor, 2 huge bars inside the ballroom, cocktail room is also beautiful (it's hard to find both!), price/value, the PEOPLE (Tina, Lynne, Joe & Elio beat out any people we met looking at venue's), the food (they do a taste test), top shelf alcohol included, ability to adapt to anything we wanted changed, and location. Thank you Raffael's!!

Profile Picture User4477404, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our June 6, 2015 wedding reception at Raffael's at South Shore Country Club. We could not be happier that we chose this venue for our wedding. The staff at this venue exceeded any and all expectations we had for our wedding. Throughout the entire process Terese was AMAZING. I knew I could always reach out to her with anything- and she was always so responsive and thorough. At one point I was stuck on how to decorate certain areas, and all I had to do was ask and she'd give me so many different creative ideas. She put together all of our lantern beach themed centerpieces, and decorated the entire venue with the decorations we provided better than I could have even imagined. Not to mention how helpful she was the day of. She is so creative and good at what she does. I can't say enough good things about her, or the other staff. They worked so hard the day of the reception, and everyone commented on how if they asked for anything she personally took care of it immediately. The food was delicious, and everyone loved the passed appetizers. I would highly highly recommend this venue- and all of its staff. There was not a thing I would change. They did everything possible to make our day perfect!

Profile Picture Melissa , 6/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I recently just had my wedding at Raffael's this past April. Everything about Rafael's was classy and professional. We purchased the Raffaels Package which includes the center pieces, invitations, and cake. All of vendors that Raffaels partners with are also top notch and were great to work with. Lynne, Tina and Joe were all a privilege to work with. My husband and I greatly appreciated all of the little things that they all did that ultimately made our day so memorable. We were blown away by how beautiful the room looked all set up with the linens and flowers - it was breathtaking! Beyond that, the staff at Raffaels was beyond accommodating and helpful. Overall, Rafael's level of customer service is admirable. Everyone at Raffael's made the entire wedding process pleasant and effortless. The invitations were also gorgeous - we received many compliments about them. Our guests were also raving about the food - it was delicious! It was an all around class act! We could not have asked for a more perfect day!

Profile Picture Danielle, 4/25/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Invitations

Almost a year later, we are still riding a wedding “high” from our daughter’s wedding reception at Raffael’s in Walpole, MA on July 5, 2014. We began our search for the “right” place in Oct. 2013 soon after she became engaged. I must preface this by saying I am probably one of the “pickiest” people around….details are very important to me, so I didn’t want to settle for anyplace. Raffael’s was top-notch from the moment we walked in until we drove away after the wedding ended. Working with Lynne and Tina was wonderful. My daughter was a long-distance bride, so they were attentive and responsive to all our emails, questions and ideas. The food was AMAZING!! Plentiful, fresh, presented beautifully and tasted SO delish! Our guests were gushing about it!! The atmosphere of the cocktail hour and ballroom was just perfectly magnificent and elegant, without stuffiness. The flowers (Judy’s Village Florist, Foxboro, MA) were breathtaking (Judy’s also did the bridal party flowers which were gorgeous!). Our maître‘d was Elio who was calming, knowledgeable, ready and attentive to every need/detail…..everything went off without a hitch!! We had many guests who had never been there….from the local, out of state and even a few out of the country and all were gushing about the beauty of the venue, fabulous food and service and overall atmosphere. It was a dream day for my daughter and her husband, but also for my husband and I who hosted this beautiful event. If I had another daughter….her wedding would be at Raffael’s.

Profile Picture Valerie, 7/5/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is beautiful, accommodating, easy to work with and overall wonderful! I twisted my ankle seconds before our ceremony started and by the time the reception came around my ankle was extremely swollen. I had been warned that we wouldn't eat much at our wedding reception by many brides/grooms but upon arriving at the country club I was offered food while waiting to take pictures and enjoyed every course for the rest of the evening, seated (which I really needed for my ankle). I was shocked that in spite of warnings I was enjoying a relaxing, fun reception in the same way my guests were thanks to Raffael's. In addition, Terese ensured that everything went according to our plans and made sure I had plenty of ice, or anything I needed including a golf cart, for my ankle as the day progressed. They provided us with exceptional service and were always organized and easy to communicate with. Their food is delicious and everything looked beautiful! They decorated for us and helped collect the decorations afterward as well. Everything they did was appreciated and perfect. I cannot recommend them enough!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/24/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I recently had my wedding at Raffaels on May 3rd. Raffaels was amazing!! Tina and Lynne were there every step of the way to answer my (many) questions on the wedding. The venue was absolutely beautiful and the service was great.We received SO MANY compliments on the food (including the hors d'eourves). We selected a package that also included many items such as the centerpieces and the invitations-both of which were stunning. I would highly recommend Raffaels!

Profile Picture Megan, 5/3/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Best food, best atmosphere, and best price. Raffael's made all our wedding dreams come true!

Profile Picture Shelbi, 12/31/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Raffael's is an amazing venue! The staff was so helpful and accommodating! Lynne, Tina and Rico made my day so wonderful and remarkable. It was decorated so beautifully! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a venue.....

Profile Picture User2788719, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I recently had my wedding ceremony and reception at the Hingham venue. Absolutely gorgeous views and modern rooms, not your typical banquet hall. The food was fantastic and the service exceeded my expectations. Terese is an amazing person and a true joy to work with. By far the best bargain for the quality.

Profile Picture Stephanie , 9/22/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I enjoyed the best night of our lives at our wedding reception at Raffael's at the South Shore Country Club on June 23, 2012! Terese Pannetta, the wedding coordinator, was the most amazing coordinator who ensured that every detail was perfect and was exactly was we had envisioned for this perfect day! Elio and Frank, the management team, also were terrific and so easy to deal with! Not one ounce of stress!! The food, cake, service and decor were absolutely a dream come true and, by far, exceeded our expectations! All of our partygoers said it was the happiest and most fun wedding ever! The staff was so wonderful and so accommodating to our guests! I wish we could do it again! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone!!! Since we were married in a church, we don't know how a ceremony would go there but we did use the outdoor tent for our cocktail hour - AWESOME!!!!!

Profile Picture User2504002, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I recently got married this past June 16th, 2012. I chose Raffael's in Walpole, MA to have my reception. I am not lying when I say that people are still calling up both myself and my parents telling us how much they enjoyed themselves at the wedding! They thought that Raffael's was just gorgeous. They were so impressed by everything.
The staff was extremely nice, the food was AWESOME!! My favorite person at Raffael's was Ricco.
When I met with him the week prior to my wedding and he turned to me and said " Don't worry honey - I will take care of everything" he absolutely meant it. The night of my wedding he was amazing - he was super accommodating, very attentive to everyone's needs, and most of all he walked myself and my husband through every step of the way.. Not for 1 second did I feel nervous or have that feeling of not knowing what's going to happen next - Ricco made sure to prep us for everything so we were totally prepared.
I can't say enough about Raffael's, only that I wish I could do it again and I hope a friend of mine has her wedding there so I can go back!
I highly recommend Raffael's for your wedding - you will be in good hands! ; )

Thank you to EVERYONE at Raffael's for making my wedding night a night to remember.!
Keep up the great work!

Jamie & Marty
6/16/2012

Profile Picture Jamie, 6/16/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Raffael's was absolutely amazing! From the moment we started working with them they were professional, accommodating and easy to deal with. If I had a question they got back to use immediately. The day of the wedding is couldn't have I imagined anything better! It was perfect! Every detail was so well thought out! The room was gorgeous!!!...I HIGHLY recommend other brides to choose this venue!

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/27/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rico and the team at Raffael's were great! I knew that my wedding was going to be beautiful, but Raffael's brought beautiful to a new level. From the ceremony to the reception everything went so smoothly.

Profile Picture denise, 10/23/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would just like to say that I am more than thrilled with how my wedding day went at Raffael's. From day one working with Terese & Frank was an absolute pleasure!! My wedding went absolutely flawless and all of my vendors that I brought in said that they were amazing to work with as well. I consider them family now and I am thinking of what other party I can throw there, haha! I would do my wedding day all over again just to work with them.
Also, the venue itself is beautiful, it was exactly what I wanted.

Profile Picture Ashlee, 10/8/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Perfect wedding was certainly created with the help of the amazing team this Country Club has put together. I don’t know where to even begin, but as I sit here and think back now at how perplexed I was putting together a list of what I wanted in a Venue when I first started planning and deciding whether or not I wanted to hire a wedding planner makes me realize how amazing everything went from day one of agreeing to have my wedding here. My guests are still raving about “the best wedding food they’ve ever had” (I selected the chicken and baked cod, both made to perfection for each one of my guests), the service I received was better than I could have ever imagined. They literally followed every single detail I requested (some I even forgot about!). Terese, who is almost like your very own wedding planner along the way (she is the reason why I didn’t end up hiring one which saved me some $$) is such a pleasure to work with. She is just an amazing person and did such a nice job staying in touch and gathering as much detail as possible from me. She responded to all my emails immediately, called me anytime she had a question and more importantly kept me happy and calm without a worry in the world. I’ve heard of many horror stories recently about venues and people keep asking me if it was the same for me and I am happy to say I had the best wedding night a girl could ask for! I literally danced all night, I wasn’t bothered with questions from the staff, no complaints from guests about the service and more importantly things were run just the way they should have. Thank you Frankie, Terese and team for providing the best service throughout the whole process and making my wedding night as memorable as it was to me, my husband and my guests!!

Profile Picture Melissa , 8/13/11, 2 Reviews