Rae of Lyte Beauty Reviews

Rae of Lyte Beauty 4
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 01/01/2019

Exceptional!

Steph and her team at Rae of Lyte Beauty are exceptional. They traveled to NH for our wedding (from CT) and did the hair and makeup for my bridesmaids (8), the moms (2), and myself. Everyone's hair and makeup endured through, rain, mist, crying and hours of dancing (2 of my bridesmaids even hiked Mt. Major the next day and their hair was still looking fabulous!). I couldn't recommend Steph and her team more. If you are looking to work with wonderful people who do an amazing job, look no further.

Sent on 07/08/2019
    Rae of Lyte Beauty 5
    Rae of Lyte Beauty 6
    Rae of Lyte Beauty 7

Amy R. · Married on 10/07/2018

Spectacular

The ladies we worked with were so fun and made getting ready a breeze! Kim was so great with the changes that had to be made and was so creative in making my dream hair a reality. I loved working with the team and would recommend them for any wedding!!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Rae of Lyte Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Amy! You’re the BEST! Loved working with you! You were an absolutely gorgeous bride! Xoxo Kim & Steph

Kaitlin · Married on 10/06/2018

Absolutely Amazing

Unbelievable! I never thought twice as to who I wanted handling my hair and makeup for the day of, as I have been styled by Stephanie for a wedding or two in my time as a bridesmaid. But I mean, she knocked it out of the park for my wedding day. I have never felt more beautiful than I did that day. Stephanie, Kim, and Kelly handled the hair and makeup for myself, my 6 bridesmaids, and 3 younger girls. Every single one of the girls looked absolutely stunning. Besides being amazing at what they do, they are 3 absolutely lovely human beings. I was beyond stressed the day of my wedding and Stephanie and her calming presence were exactly what I needed during the day. Kim and Kelly were also so fun to chat with and hang out with all day. I received multiple comments from my bridesmaids about how amazing they were and happy the girls were with their “looks!” I would never hesitate to hire Rae of Lyte for another event and would 100% recommend them to anyone looking for hair and makeup for their wedding. I have recommended them to friends in the past and have been in many weddings that they have done and I have never seen an unhappy customer. You will rest easy in their hands knowing you will look like a stunner on the day of!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Rae of Lyte Beauty's reply:

I’m bawling my eyes out reading this Kait! Best review ever! Thank you for the amazing words! We wish you the most amazing marriage with John! Xoxoxoxxox

Meggan · Married on 06/09/2018

Kim was absolutely fantastic. I had my trial with her about a month before the wedding and I knew she was the girl for the job! She was SO kind and SO sweet. I don't normally wear make up so she did exactly what I wanted: natural looking. She came to East Lyme the morning of the wedding and did make up for me and my 4 bridesmaids and also my mom. My mom NEVER wears any makeup and all her friends at the wedding could not believe how amazing she looked. Kim is in the perfect profession for her talent and personality. She is professional, but so kind. I would hire her again in a heartbeat!!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Megan Rakes · Married on 05/06/2018

Fabulous experience, my perfect wedding look!!!

I was so happy with my hair and makeup that Stephanie did for my wedding! She was amazing to work with, super friendly and listened to the style I wanted. I have thin hair and she was able to make my hair look long and full! My make up was flawless and came out great in the wedding pictures! I would highly recommend her and Rae of Lyte to anyone looking to feel beautiful on their special day!

Sent on 12/28/2018
    Rae of Lyte Beauty 8

Rae of Lyte Beauty's reply:

Meg! It was an honor and a pleasure to work with you on your special day! Thanks for sharing a picture of you and Peter! Absolutely stunning! Xoxo Steph and Kim

Katie · Married on 05/05/2018

Stephanie did makeup for myself and 5 of my bridal party members. She was so pleasant to work with and everyone was really happy with her work. Not knowing exactly how I wanted to look on wedding day, or even how to describe the look I was after, she took the lead and created a face that was fresh and natural - and best of all - long-lasting throughout the night. On wedding day, she brought an assistant, which was a big help in keeping us on schedule. Stephanie is fantastic to work with. I highly recommend her. She has a very sweet personality with a calming presence about her too. Happy to send other brides her way in the future!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Rae of Lyte Beauty's reply:

Thank you Katie! You were an absolute doll to work with! Thank you so much for reviewing us! xoxo Steph & Kim

Suzanne · Married on 04/27/2018

Stephanie was AMAZING! She made sure I felt like a queen on my wedding day. She had brought in an additional 2 people to help her with my girls so she could just focus on me. Stephanie has this calming attribute to her. She is the first person you really deal with on your wedding day and she is the one that sets the mood for you. I was so calm and happy and relaxed with her. Her work was on point. She was so willing to adjust something if I was not completely happy with how it looked. So happy to have gone with Rae of Lyte.

Sent on 08/01/2018

Shannon · Married on 09/24/2017

It was so great working with the ladies of Rae of Lyte Beauty. Stephanie did a great job on my hair and makeup for my big day. She actually listens to what you want and she made sure I was happy. They also went out of their way last minute to help fix my mom's hair that she had done somewhere else(which she was unhappy about) and made her happy, and it looked great after. Also they were so nice and fun to work with. I would recommend Rae of Lyte Beauty to anyone!

Sent on 10/27/2017
  • sdbride

Gloria · Married on 07/29/2017

I cannot say enough nice things about Stephanie and her team. From the moment I chose Stephanie, I felt at ease and knew that I was in good hands. Planning a wedding from 3,000 miles away (we live in CA but are from CT, where we chose to get married) was definitely not easy, but she went above and beyond to make sure that I had nothing to worry about when it came to hair and makeup, as well as all of the little details of that day. A few weeks prior to our wedding, she put together a schedule (and even squeezed in someone last minute to get their hair and makeup done) to ensure we were ready well before the ceremony start time so we could get to the venue early to take pictures. She gave me advice on timing and coordinating with the photographer, and on the day off, she arrived at our hotel on-time and ready to get to work. She brought two team members with her, and all three made our group of nine look and feel absolutely gorgeous. We all got compliments on our hair and makeup all night. Above all else, though, Stephanie made me feel so special on my wedding day. I've never felt so beautiful, and I will never forget how her words and her work made me feel. Thank you Stephanie, Lauren and Kim for everything!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Rae of Lyte Beauty's reply:

Gloria! I am speechless, except for... THANK YOU! You are the sweetest! It was such a pleasure and honor to be there with you every step of the way! Congratulations again! xo Steph

Jessica · Married on 07/27/2017

Steph and crew did an amazing job on hair and makeup for my wedding party! She is beyond talented artistically, and her positive can-do attitude kept everyone calm and in a happy mood. We experienced a downpour during pictures and right away, I had a text message from Steph that she was on her way back to fix all of our hair and makeup--her bubbly personality and determination to make my wedding perfect really made all the difference. If you're looking for someone who is committed to making your day perfect, look no further--Stephanie and Rae of Lyte Beauty is the best that you will ever find!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Rae of Lyte Beauty's reply:

Jess, you're the best! Thank you for taking the time to review us! We had a great time with you and your girls! xo Steph

Kayte · Married on 07/07/2017

I worked with Stephanie for my wedding in July 2017. She has an incredibly warm and fun personality. I loved getting to know her during my trial. On the wedding day she was very calm when I was feeling anxious and excited. She did an amazing job! I absolutely loved my makeup, she nailed it immediately at my trial. My best friend has already booked her for her wedding in October 2018!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Diane · Married on 07/01/2017

Stephanie was great, from the trial to my wedding day, and I would highly recommend her! She listened to what I wanted and it turned out so great. I loved her natural makeup style, it really made me feel beautiful and looked amazing! She was so friendly and helped keep the day of light and stress-free. She came right on time, all ready to go. She also did the hair and makeup for my bridesmaids, and they loved the results. They each wanted a different style, which she was able to execute perfectly! Thank you, Stephanie!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Rae of Lyte Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Diane for your sweet review! It was a pleasure to work with you and your wedding party this summer! Congratulations!

Grace · Married on 06/17/2017

Stephanie is professional, kinda and calming. She did exactly what I was looking for, but was also open to feedback. I felt amazing and still natural, and I know my bridesmaids did too. Thank you Stephanie :)

Sent on 06/23/2017

Rae of Lyte Beauty's reply:

Thank you Grace for your review of our services! We are so glad you were happy with everything. Your day could not have been more perfect! Congratulations to you and Mark! Thank you for including us in your special day!

Karen · Married on 05/13/2017

Stephanie did an amazing job beautifying the entire bridal party! Everyone loved their makeup and enjoyed her company! She was very easy going and flexible! She helped keep me relaxed when things started to get busy in the bridal suite. She made me feel beautiful while keeping me natural so I still felt like myself! I would highly recommend her to everyone! <3

Sent on 07/25/2017

Rae of Lyte Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Karen for this sweet review! I am so very happy that you were pleased with everything. You were a spectacularly beautiful bride! It was a pleasure to work with you! <3

Amanda · Married on 09/18/2016

Rae of Lyte Beauty was possibly the best vendor choice I made for my wedding. Stephanie came to my home to conduct the trial and created a perfect wedding look from just a few pictures and minimal ideas. Her creativity is amazing and her love for being around people in love is evident! The day of the wedding, Stephanie was amazing with my sister and mother as well. Our styles were absolutely perfect and I am very grateful for her patience, creativity, positivity and kindness. I would highly recommend Rae of Lyte Beauty, no question about it.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Rae of Lyte Beauty's reply:

Amanda! Thank you so much for your sweet review! You were an incredible bride to work with; I absolutely adored every moment! Thank you!

Emily · Married on 09/17/2016

Steph does such an amazing job at making each person feel beautiful while still capturing their natural beauty! She's flexible, fun and definitely the person to do hair and makeup on your wedding day.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Rae of Lyte Beauty's reply:

Thank you Emily! Lots of love to you and thank you for including me on your special day. I will remember it for always!

Ellen · Married on 09/10/2016

Stephanie is so lovely to work with and is highly recommended. She made me feel like my most beautiful self on my wedding day. She came to my house for 2 different trials as I couldn't decide between updo or to wear my hair down, she was very accommodating. Stephanie perfects that "natural look" many brides are going for. I can't say enough about how wonderful she is.

Sent on 11/30/2016

Rae of Lyte Beauty's reply:

Thank you! Such an honor to be part of your wedding day! Thank you for your kind review! xo

Gina · Married on 08/28/2016

Without a doubt you will not be disappointed having Stephanie as part of your wedding day. From the calm and professionalism right down to her absolute talent you will not be disappointed. It was very important to me not to look like I had too much makeup on since in everyday life I don't wear much. I looked beautiful without looking like I had way too much on. She will do whatever she can to make it just the way you want it from makeup to hair. My hair was exactly as I had visioned and without a doubt I knew that I looked and felt just like I wanted too on my wedding day. Another plus is she travels to you on your day!! You will have no regrets going with Stephanie. She truly is the best at what she does!

Sent on 12/04/2016

Rae of Lyte Beauty's reply:

Swoon! Thank you Gina! You were a dream bride! You and Amanda are truly so lucky to have each other! I'm so glad we met and shared this experience together! Thank you for your review! xo

Mary · Married on 08/27/2016

Steph and her team are amazing. She came right out to my home to do the trial and was very sweet and personable, wanting to work with me as a bride to figure out what would look good and suit me and what i wanted for the big day. On the day of, she was ready with her team to help me and my family get ready and knew how to organize everything down to the minute how to get it all done with time to spare. She even gave me extra goodies should i need them later.

What was most meaningful for me though, as a bride, was that during the lead-up to the wedding I got sick. like, "face shape isn't the same" sick, lost a lot of weight and gained it back within 3 months. Steph was able to work with whatever I had going on and made me feel beautiful even if I wasn't at my best.

Sent on 06/14/2017

Rae of Lyte Beauty's reply:

Mary! Thank you so much for his sweet retelling of our time together! You were an absolutely stunning bride and a total joy to be with! Thank you!

Jaime · Married on 08/19/2016

I think I booked Stephanie and her team before I was even engaged lol (I'm serious.) I knew she booked up fast and I just had to have her for my wedding day!! I fell in love with her ability to make her clients look glamorous, but incredibly natural! She exceeded my expectations, and the expectations of my three bridesmaids. Her personality and ability to make you feel comfortable and relaxed is everything.. Even though I had just met her, it was like one of my girlfriends doing my makeup. Not to mention I decided to change my hair last minute and she was completely fine with it!! My hair and makeup stayed flawless all night, even with it being a 90 degree summer day! Stephanie and Kelly made my bridesmaids and I feel gorgeous and flawless all night long and I can't thank her enough!! She is hands-down the best! and Kelly too! :) Thank you Steph!!!! xo

Sent on 11/18/2016

Rae of Lyte Beauty's reply:

Jaime! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Such a pleasure to be your beauty team for your wedding! Thank you for your sweet, kind words! Your wedding is one we will never forget! xoxo

Laura · Married on 06/25/2016

Working with Stephanie for my wedding was amazing. She made the whole process really fun, and I felt so well cared for. I'm not great with make-up and hair so I was pretty nervous about how to handle those things for my wedding - Stephanie made it so easy. She made it so I was 100% confident going into my wedding, and looking back, there is absolutely nothing that I would change. She really gives you so much more than just hair and make-up services. She's fun, encouraging, and really an amazing person to be around. If I was doing it all over again I'd use Rae of Lyte Beauty again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Rae of Lyte Beauty's reply:

Thank you for your review Laura! It was such a pleasure and honor to come up to New Hampshire to do your wedding! Thank you for having me!

Chelsea · Married on 06/18/2016

I could not have had a better experience with my makeup for my wedding. Stephanie was so great as far as flexibility when I had to change my trial date due to my bridal shower date changing (I got it done the same day) and had so much creativity. I showed her pictures of what I wanted and after a few simple questions, she did her thing and it looked great. If there was something I wanted to see a different way just as another option, she did it with a big smile even if it meant more work for her. I got so many compliments at my shower and the wedding day was even better. My bridesmaids looked amazing, the makeup was perfect for a warm early-summer day and looked natural, just like we wanted. Her stress-free attitude made my day so much easier and she helped us just have fun with each other and not worry about anything else. I would absolutely recommend Stephanie to others and I actually already have many times! Thank you, Stephanie!

Sent on 08/11/2016

Rae of Lyte Beauty's reply:

Thank you Chelsea! Absolutely honored to be the one to make you up for your wedding day! You were a gorgeous bride! Thank you for choosing Rae of Lyte Beauty!
  • Kaylie

Kaylie · Married on 05/21/2016

After a failed hair trial and an unresponsive Make-up Artist, I reached out to Stephanie hoping she would still be available for my wedding day, and with luck she was! Stephanie was extremely responsive from the beginning which already gave me a great impression. For my trial, she came right to my house which was greatly appreciated as I had it done the day of my shower and it gave me more time to relax beforehand. My trial was exactly the look I had been going for. Stephanie listened to what I wanted and offered suggestions. I don't normally wear a lot of makeup so I was rather clueless but I knew I wanted a natural look. I feel that she made me look like a better version of myself! My hair was perfect. The day of, Stephanie and another stylist came right to our hotel. My bridesmaids and I were able to relax and drink mimosas while getting ready. My hair and makep turned out even better than the trial, I was so in love with it and felt so beautiful for my wedding. My bridesmaids all had their hair done as well and they all turned out amazing. Stephanie is also a great, laid-back person and easy to get along with so it made it that much more enjoyable to spend a few hours with her getting ready. It was so nice to have both hair and makeup done by the same person and to not have to travel. I recommend Stephanie 100%!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Eva · Married on 02/20/2016

Look no further for your wedding day beautician! Stephanie is one of the most reliable people I've worked with not only for my wedding, but in my life. She is prompt in responding, extremely helpful and easy going, and, above all, incredibly talented. She did my makeup application, my mother's makeup application, one bridesmaid makeup application, and three bridesmaid's hair. She created a relaxing environment on a stressful day. My makeup was absolutely perfect. It was natural and subtle and photographed beautifully. Stephanie is extremely accommodating. She was more than happy to add services after she had already drawn up a contract. She came to my house for my make up trial and also came to me on the day of the wedding. I couldn't have asked for a more professional, fun, kind-hearted stylist who was genuinely happy to be part of my wedding day! XO

Sent on 02/29/2016

Tara · Married on 12/05/2015

I would highly recommend Rae of Lyte Beauty for any occasion! Stephanie was so awesome to work with. She was very accommodating and even drove to my in-laws house to do my hair and make-up trial since it was more convenient for me! On my wedding day, Stephanie and Kelley drove to the hotel that I was staying at in order to get my girls and I ready for the big day. All 5 bridesmaids had their hair done and 3 of them had hair and make-up. They absolutely loved their looks and we all got lots of compliments! It was such a fun time and everyone felt gorgeous! I cannot thank them enough for being a part of my special day! :)

Sent on 12/27/2015