Rae Leytham Photography Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Rae Leytham Photography 1
Rae Leytham Photography 2

Adrienne · Married on 12/20/2008

This photography team is brilliant! They were highly professional but so much fun! We felt as though they were guests at our wedding, rather than hired photographers. Rae and Wes were very fast to respond to our questions and concerns. Our pictures were posted on their blog soon after our wedding and the proofs were ready for us to view in record time! They captured every important moment during our big day and made us look fabulous in every picture! Hire Them, you won't be sorry!

Sent on 01/21/2009

Susanna · Married on 11/08/2008

They are the most amazing people ever! I can not express in words how they captured the best day of our lives. My parents still rave about how professional Rae and Wes were. You almost didn't even know they were there... so out of the way yet, they captured our day so perfectly. The quality of their work is outstanding! My proof book is nicer then some albums I have seen. My mom's best friend is a photographer in another state and she even raved about the quality of Rae Leytham Photography. I would recommend these two to everyone! I have never been happier with a vendor in my life! I will always be grateful to them for everything! I still cry when I look at my album... everything is prettier in the pictures!

Sent on 03/05/2009

Hannalore · Married on 11/01/2008

We first had the pleasure of meeting Rae and her husband when they did our wedding in 2008. The pictures and emotions they captured took our breath away. We are now pregnant with our first child and had this great couple shoot our maternity shots. They will forever be with us when capturing those special moments; baby pictures are next!

Sent on 07/11/2012

Melissa · Married on 09/27/2008

Rae & Wes are the absolute best.....FLAWLESS! We felt like we had known them forever. And, they were great with names. They met our entire family....and were able to call them by name during and after photos. We were truly blessed to have them photograph our day. The day was absolutely wonderful. Rae and Wes are a true delight. We would highly recommend them. Melissa & Laine

Sent on 11/11/2008

Brittany · Married on 09/13/2008

Rae and Wesley were hands down one of the most vital aspects of not only our wedding, but a lot of the preparation leading up to it. We had an engagement session with them that captured our personalities as a bride and groom, and got us both comfortable in front of the camera. They also shot our rehearsal dinner, getting all those candid shots of our closest friends and family on the eve of our big day.
    And then there are our actual wedding pictures. I was quite literally blown away by their work. They captured every detail of the day, so that I will be able to always remember everything from what our food looked like to the hilarious dance moves that happened late in the night. Most importantly, they managed to capture the true emotion of that day. I can relive my wedding day, start to finish, by browsing through my pictures. Rae and Wesley were there for every moment, but never made their presence known in a way that overshadowed the wedding or reception. And the picture quality is second to none. Our pictures absolutely represent us and our day; bright, sharp, full of love and attention, and timeless.

Sent on 11/07/2008

Jenna · Married on 07/05/2008

Excellent! Would recommend to anyone. Amazing experience with them!

Lindsay · Married on 05/02/2008

Rae and Wes are both amazing photographers! They are both so fun and easy to get along with. They are very accommodating and take interest in each individual wedding. They provide great photographs and are able to capture moments that are unique to you as an individual couple. We liked them so much that my sister and her husband booked them as well for their wedding. Great photographers!

Sent on 09/05/2008

Mary · Married on 04/19/2008

Our photography was outstanding! Truly unique! Not the typical wedding "staged" photos. Very reasonably priced. The wedding album was also unique. We were able to start the rception without spending wasted time posing for pictures.

Sent on 07/25/2009

Allyson · Married on 04/19/2008

Rae and Wesley were fantastic! Our pictures were gorgeous and our album is priceless. So unique and worth every penny!

Sent on 07/28/2009

Jo · Married on 04/05/2008

Rae and Wes Leytham are two of the most amazing people I have ever met. Not only is their wedding photography outstanding, but their personalities are absolutely infectious. They shot our engagement photos and my boudoir photos. We would have had them shoot our wedding as well, but since they are in Pensacola, we could not afford for them to travel down to Bradenton. They have photographed 3 weddings that I have been in, and in every case, the work was spectacular. You could not ask for a better photographer or better people to surround yourself with on your wedding day. They are absolutely wonderful, and I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 07/22/2008

Heather · Married on 03/14/2008

I cannot say enough about Rae Leytham Photography. They are extremely professional and fun, and their product is incredible. If there is one thing that is going to remain after the food is gone, the music is not playing anymore, and all the guests have left... that one thing is looking at all of the beautiful pictures and moments that Rae and Wesley captured on my Wedding day. I would highly recommend them to any new bride looking for someone who will make their day less hassle and better than they expected. Check out their website (rae@raeleytham.com). I cry almost every time. My sister-in-law visits their blog EVERY DAY, because she wants to see what event they photographed recently.

Christine · Married on 11/24/2007

You cannot find better photography on the gulf coast than Rae and Wes Leytham. They more than delivered everything that they promised and helped make my wedding day the absolute best day of my life. They have a true skill of capturing the moment and all the emotion involved in their pictures. I chose them after reviewing their website and felt as if I had attended the weddings that they showcase on their site. There was so much detail captured in the pictures that I knew this was the style of photography that I wanted for my wedding. Rae was also very easy to work with while designing my photo book. She gave me great advice for picking the right pictures to go in the book and she is an amazing artist when it comes to designing and laying out a photo book. Most of all, Rae and Wes are real, down to earth, fun people who will be your friend long after your wedding is over. Anyone who chooses the Leytham's will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/25/2008

Stacey · Married on 10/27/2007

Rae and Wesley’s work is awesome. First and foremost they made my groom Matt feel completely at ease while taking our photo. Matt’s one request regarding the wedding was that we would NOT hire a “Photo Nazi”. Matt's request was granted. Rae and Wesley were PERFECT. They were able to make every picture look flawless in our wedding photos. They are patient with not only the Bride and Groom, but also the many, many other people that are involved in a wedding. Rae and Wesley not only took posed photos, but also some very unique action shots, which I loved. Rae and Wesley have an eye for catching detail, things that other photographers would have missed on our wedding day. I can honestly say we made the best decision when we hired Rae and Wesley. At first we hired a vendor to photograph our wedding that in the end turned out to be our friend.

Sent on 01/28/2009

Leslie · Married on 05/12/2007

Simply amazing... best photographer in the area hands down.

Sent on 03/19/2008

Jamie · Married on 07/08/2006

Absolutely phenomenal!! These guys were definitely the photographers for us. I am so pleased that we will have beautiful wedding pictures that tell the story of our wedding for the rest of our lives.

• W

Sara · Married on 05/19/2006

If photography is something that you value as a part of your wedding and not just "one of those vendors" that you need to complete the day, then Rae and Wes are the photographers for you. They are so great to work with and easy to get along with. They aren't the annoying photographers that some of you may have seen at other weddings. They don't plan your wedding day like others, but are there to capture every minute of it. Their work speaks for itself. Fabulous!! The quality (and quantity) is fantastic. And you get two photographers which gives amazing photo opportunities that having just one would not allow. I recommend them to all of my friends. I have had wedding guests call and ask who my photographer was...noone ever asked about the cake or flowers! I can't wait for the baby sessions in the future...

Sent on 01/17/2009

Suzanne · Married on 04/01/2006

I simply cannot recommend Wes and Rae enough! They are top-notch and then some. In addition to being phenomenal photographers, they are both warm, friendly, and funny. They were able to capture our wedding in the most heartfelt way, and I love (LOVE) the album they put together. Somehow, someway they were able to make two funny-looking people look like rockstars :) People still comment on the quality of our wedding pictures and I think that speaks volumes about the Leythams.

Sent on 09/18/2008

Brooke · Married on 07/19/2008

A bit more expensive than the other photographers we talked to, but definitely worth it! I absolutely LOVE Rae and Wes and would highly recommend them!!

Sent on 08/28/2008

ASHLEY · Married on 06/23/2007

RAE AND WESLEY DID A WONDERFUL JOB CAPTURING ALL OF THE EVENTS DURING OUR WEDDING. THEY ARE JUST WONDERFUL PEOPLE. THEY ARE VERY FOCUSED ON WHAT THE CLINET WANTS, AND THEY DEFENIETLY DELIVER. THEY ARE 2 OF THE NICEST PEOPLE YOU WILL EVER MEET AND MAKE YOU FEEL VERY COMFORTABLE.....AND MOST IMPORTANTLYT,THEIR WORK IS AMAZING! THE BEAUTY OF THEIR PICTURES IS INDESCRIABLE!!!

Sent on 07/03/2008

Britt · Married on 09/30/2017

1.6
      1.0
      1.0
      2.0

I was an exceptionally laid back bride and my requests were minimal. Here are my grievances:
    1) I repeatedly asked for mostly candid shots because I don't like the awkwardness of posed pictures. She responded by telling me "people say that, but they don't know what that means" Now I have a 100 pictures of me looking like an awkward mannequin. She was very aggressive in telling me what I did and did not want.
    2) One of the beautiful things of having a beach wedding at sunset is, OBVIOUSLY, the sunset beach pictures. Yet despite an amazingly colorful sunset, most of our photos feature my husband and I on an entirely washed out background. Fortunately, our friends who were taking pics on their iPhones captured better moments during the "golden hour".
    3) The wedding book of photos (the reason I went with Rae) turned out to be a computer automated book showcasing 12 pictures per page measuring 1 inchX 1 inch with a large corresponding file number printed right on it. By NO means a keep sake or anything I would display.
    4) WORST of all It took 3 months to get the USB drive containing our photos, and to top it off the drive ended up being corrupt. I was told a replacement was on its way, but had to reconnect 2 months later before we saw another one.
    5) One of the better shots from our wedding (that she features on her Instagram) was entirely our idea. We even had to yell down from our balcony to get their attention to capture a moment that was clearly a fun, important moment to us. This seemed to be the theme of the night.
    6) Other issues: all of our reception photos are from eye level. Not once was angle, lighting, or depth of field considered during the reception. Additionally, there were family members there that rarely get together that we have no photos of. A LOT of missed opportunities.
    All told, we had an amazing wedding with amazing memories, we only wish they were captured as requested.

Sent on 05/02/2018