24 Reviews for Radio King Orchestra

Microphones (2)
Cocktail Hour (1)
Music During Breaks (1)
Sound/PA System (1)

I'm a wedding planner and one of my couples hired the Radio King Orchestra to play their reception. The entire process of working with the band, from the first email to the last dance, was outstanding! They're highly responsive, professional, and organized, and they're serious about doing whatever it takes to make the couple's wedding reception special. All of the guests loved them and all of the wedding vendors did too! I'd recommend the Radio King Orchestra to anybody without reservation, and I can't wait to work with them again.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception, Vocals

As a professional musician, I looked long and hard at wedding bands and I kept coming back to RKO! I can't even begin to describe how great they were. Rick and Robin were so great to communicate with, were very thorough to detail and took care of everything so I did not have to even think about the music on the day of the wedding.

They were great in picking out the songs to play and even were open to learning a new song for our first dance, which I did the arrangements of. Everyone at the wedding commented on how classy the band was and not over powering and were the perfect blend for the space.

If you use live music at your wedding (and you should!) you should not even think twice about this group. 5 stars is not enough. 10 plus stars!

Profile Picture Keith, 10/10/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Microphones, Sound/PA System

RKO, Robin, and Rick may have been the number one highlight of our wedding this July (there were many!). We chose the music from their repertoire, but also requested several special numbers (which weren't on their list); and they did SUCH a good job. We absolutely loved them! In addition to the nine-piece band, we sub-contracted out a trio for the ceremony (which happened at the same venue): a piano, upright bass, and clarinet. We loved it and the guests loved it; one of them was so impressed and excited, he said it sounded like Dave Brubeck was right there. Hire this band!! I didn't have a wedding coordinator, and Robin helped corral guests for the first dance, the bouquet toss, and important moments--such a big help! She even helped lead a conga line at the end of the night. It was fabulous, what can I say. The band members are true musicians--a very talented bunch!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

I would highly recommend RKO. As an event planner, I know and can trust that my clients will always be more than satisfied with the results. They are professional and talented and an absolute joy to work with!

Profile Picture Teresa, 12/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

Radio King Orchestra is stunning, excellent and charming. Robin and Rick Gordon are not just professional and incredibly talented, they are kind and fun. Superior people. Everyone in the band matches their friendly and warm personality.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 12/13/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

Radio King Orchestra literally helped to create the beauty, magic and fun that made our daughter's wedding one of the most beautiful and memorable weddings ever. RKO handled all the sound for the ceremony, provided musicians for the ceremony, wrote the music for the various instruments, arranged the songs, provided different musicians for the cocktail hour, and then played fabulous, swing band music for the dinner/reception and dancing. Guest after guests continues to tell us how fabulous the music throughout the evening was. I am so grateful that I never once had to be concerned with the sound system or the quality of the music. Everything was like an A-Class Hollywood production. If I ever have an important event in the future that calls for the very best live music and sound production - or just need the best swing band in the nation - RKO will be the first place I call. They are so fantastic and so good, I would even change the date of any event to accommodate their schedule. RKO simply is the very best swing band in existence, and they are also amazingly flexible, fun and easy to work with. If you are planning a wedding or a major event - your music will set the tone and be the one major thing that people will long remember. Radio King Orchestra will make it a joyous, perfect memory!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/24/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, Unique Services (Other)

They walked the line between being professional and personal perfectly. They coordinated the music for our ceremony and reception and both were absolutely beautiful. I recommend them for any kind of event. These guys know what they are doing and they do it well! They are wiling to work with you to give you exactly what you want and they are so pleasant to work with.

Profile Picture Kristin, 5/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

Our daughter was married on July 27, 2013. We hired RKO after hearing them play at our neice's wedding in December. They were a delight to work with, very accomodating and always prompt with an answer to any question we might have had. Robin has an amazing voice and the band is very smooth. Many of our guests, from teenagers to grandparents, complimented us on the music. This swing band was one of the highlights of the night! I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/27/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

This band MADE our wedding! Our family and friends will never forget it and neither will we! They were so easy to work with and so flexible-my sister-in-law sings and wanted to sing us 2 songs as her gift and they made her feel more than welcome on stage with her. Everyone was blown away by their performance! You just don't really see a band like them perform at a wedding anymore and it's a shame! The only complaint I could possibly give would be Robin's beautiful vocals could have been louder, but I say that with the utmost sincerity and appreciation for the music they play and sing and just out of wanting everyone to hear what they do loud and clear! Seriously best decision we ever made!

Profile Picture Christina, 5/26/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

RKO was terrific!! They did so much to make our reception fun from helping to select the reception/dance floor layout to creating a playlist. Robin and Rick are so easy to work with and knowledgeable about how to create a fun, upbeat reception. The music was fantastic and had everyone up and dancing . . . even my younger cousin! Everyone thought that having a real band instead of a DJ was a unique touch and they loved the music. RKO is a band of great talent and I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Amy, 10/11/08, 7 Reviews