Radiant Vows- Rev. Robin L. Zucker, MDiv. - a professional marriage ministry Reviews

57 | Pittsburgh, PA

57 Reviews for Radiant Vows- Rev. Robin L. Zucker, MDiv. - a professional marriage ministry

Derek · Married on 08/29/2009

I can't tell you how many people came up to me during the reception to tell me how much they loved the ceremony. Robin made it so personable by getting to know both of us and by adding those details into our ceremony.

Intially, I was hesitant about the PREPARE session that robin offered. I wasn't sure if it would be worth the time and money. However, i was very pleasantly surprised after completing both 90min sessions. It definitely brought us closer together. I would definitely recommend Robin to other couples getting married.

Sent on 10/06/2009
  • Corinne

Corinne · Married on 09/05/2008

3.5

Robin delivered the most beautiful ceremony for us. It was more than we could have asked for. She took the time to counsel us and really focus on who were are as people before the wedding, and that showed in her sermon.

Many people who attended the wedding complimented the ceremony, expressing they thought our vows were beautiful.

The one complaint was that she could not make it to the rehearsal, I which was unfortunate because I wanted to her spend time with my family. She had a stand in but it just was not the same.

Sent on 05/07/2009

Monica · Married on 06/26/2011

3.5

Robin was amazing at putting together a well-structured and touching ceremony. She included unique details about me and my husband, which was a lovely surprise. My husband and I and all of our guests thoroughly enjoyed the ceremony.

However, she was somewhat impolite to the entire wedding party during the rehearsal and seemed impatient, which made that day more stressful than it needed to have been. All in all, she got the job done, but we wish she could have been more respectful to our family members and friends who were in the wedding party.

Sent on 02/03/2012

Radiant Vows- Rev. Robin L. Zucker, MDiv. - a professional marriage ministry's reply:

I do not recall being impolite or impatient at their rehearsal, and this is not how I am typically perceived. However, if they felt this way, I apologize for creating any discomfort.

3.4
      1.0

UPDATE: Her response to this review speaks for itself. Having pleasant sessions with her doesn't exonerate her behavior or at our rehearsal. She made all 31 adults uncomfortable. ORIGINAL: I want to be more detailed but WW's character limit hurts. She sent our paperwork in quickly. Performed a personalized ceremony. We did the PREPARE program. Pleasant but wouldn't recommend it over premarital counseling. She was flexible when we had to reschedule our first session. After our ceremony she said we had one more session & would contact us to schedule. Never heard from her again but we did hear from the First Unitarian Church. We were told that she was "asked to leave" (I'm using their words because I do not know the full circumstances) the parish and her last day was not long after our wedding. May explain her sour mood at the rehearsal. Our photographer was told the same on our wedding day when she was crabby with him. Very alarmed at how she treated my family (antithesis of how she was during our sessions). I have a large & friendly family who has been through many wedding rehearsals, always joyful & full of laughter. She scolded my father for lightly joking around during rehearsal (typical dad stuff, saying "nope! She's staying my baby forever" when he was supposed to hand me off to my husband). Had many discussions with her regarding our party & she had the names of the children involved. She gestured to them & said in such a nasty voice, "I don't know their names." She fought with my mom & their mother because she didn't want them sitting in the front row during the ceremony & explained children were a loud distraction in weddings (all 4 children were angels during the ceremony as I knew and explained to her they would be). After, she must have felt bad because she said to me that she was just trying to get everyone organized. They were organized. She was just a bear! My family is chill and let it roll off, but I spent the evening apologizing to my wedding party.

Sent on 02/21/2017

Sorry you felt this way. I did not "fight"wIth anyone at your rehearsal or ceremony, and my suggestion about the front row is one I make in every circumstance due to sight lines. Getting people organized at a rehearsal requires some leadership and families and wedding parties do not realize at times how much harder they are making it to get through an efficient and useful rehearsal. Sometimes I have to virtually yell over a crowd of people who will not stop talking. I never called children a "nuisance" and never would. But I do suggest that someone be available to lead children from the Sanctuary if they are restless. Cannot fathom why you would suggest I was fired! I was not asked to leave. My position was eliminated due to budget shortfalls and my final Sunday (August 21) was a celebration of 4 years of ministry. I did my best to schedule our PREPARE sessions and I would question your assessment of them as "pleasant" since may important factors were discussed and you expressed gratitude at the time for my help prior to your marriage. If you wish to finish the program, please let me now. I hope all goes well for you both.

2.0

She was flexible in designing our ceremony to suit our needs and provided us with several nontraditional ceremony ideas. She was very professional when we initally met with her, but at the ceremony, I think she was a little frustrated. I admit that it seemed like we weren't really prepared... we were running a little late and hadn't rehearsed. She really had an attitude at the ceremony and snapped at my sister.... everyone saw it. Everyone in attendance, including the UUs, were disappointed.

Sent on 07/15/2013

I have gone through my calendar to try to determine who wrote this review, as I nearly always have a rehearsal and I never "snap" at people in weddings or elsewhere in my ministry. It's curious that the reviewer did not identify the date of her wedding, which makes the review even more suspect.

Carolina · Married on 11/21/2009

2.4
      1.0

We were pleased with the topics covered in the Prepare program and the flow of the actual ceremony. However we were not impressed with Robin's inability to attend the rehearsal even after we specifically requested her presence. When we learned she was ill, she then promised we'd have a "stand-in" but one was not provided. We also had to reschedule one of our 90 minute Prepare sessions due to an oversight on her end. The ceremony is the most important element however for the amount Robin charges, every aspect should be flawless.
    UPDATE: In response to this review, Robin replied the following..."Your need for everything to be "flawless" may prove counterproductive to your life and marriage in the long run." That's funny, I didn't realize voicing my opinion of a service I paid for was a precursor to the rest of my life.

Sent on 12/14/2009

I am sorry and saddened that Lina was dissatisfied with my services. I respect her opinion, although this is not consistent with most of the other reviews which speak highly of my professionalism. However, there is an inaccuracy here. Originally, I had arranged weeks in advance for my trained professional stand-in (Claire) to preside at their rehearsal. A week or so before the event, the bride asked that I personally preside because it was important to her parents. So, I changed my own schedule to accommodate them because I could see how much this meant to them. Unfortunately, I picked up the flu that was going around Boston, and the groom and I agreed that it was better to have a stand in at the rehearsal so I could rest and be in better shape for the wedding. I would never leave a couple stranded at a rehearsal and did not in this case, either. Claire was no longer available, though I did provide a stand-in for the rehearsal ( a professional who worked at the venue named Chelsea) whom I had worked with many times and trusted completely. I provided her with a detailed overview of the ceremony. (I also sent a copy to the groom for good measure). I was told the next day that the rehearsal had gone well and everything was fine. And the wedding went beautifully. We did reschedule an appointment that we had marked down on different dates. These things do happen (although rarely) and I rescheduled at their convenience. I'm surprised Lina would repeat my response to her as it pertained to the pre-marital counseling we did together, but that is her choice. I wish them well. warm regards - Robin

1.8
      2.0

Let me start by saying we gave an average of 4 stars for our other vendors and everything went perfectly at our wedding except for our interactions with Robin.

Robin strongly recommended we take a marriage prep course with a stated purpose of getting to know us better as a couple costing $300. The experience got off to a bad start when scheduling those meetings with her was difficult and it became increasingly clear with each subsequent meeting that she hadn't gotten to know us as a couple whatsoever. It was also clear that the preparation program was not helpful as she did not even realize we only had completed half of it in our sessions. This would not had been terribly concerning to us but for how things went at the ceremony.

At the rehearsal and the day of the wedding Robin was extremely pushy and ill-tempered. She told three of my bridesmaids to "act with a little dignity" while sipping champagne immediately prior to the ceremony. For the record, no one was anywhere near intoxicated. Both sets of parents and almost all 14 members of the bridal party individually made unsolicited comments to us about how uncomfortable they felt with her. In spite of these issues, the ceremony was nice, but only superficially personal. She performed the necessary functions and mailed the certificate in a timely fashion

We selected her initially because we thought she would be relaxed, flexible and progressive, but we were disappointed to find out that she was rigid, condescending and judgmental.

Sent on 09/13/2015

I believe the majority of my reviews offer the same praise and gratitude over hundreds of weddings - my professionalism, warmth, flexibility, and that I go the extra mile to create a lovely and personal ceremony (including this one). (this review is encircled by many 5.0 ratings) Of course, I am sorry she was not 100% satisfied. I re-read my email chain with this couple and appointments were scheduled at their convenience given that they lived in West Virginia and had limited availability to come to Pittsburgh for meetings. The program is not $300. In fact, the cost to them was part of a package and cost $200 (more than $100 less than the stand alone price for the PREPARE program for couples whose weddings I am not officiating). I also looked over the facilitator's report from their sessions and it's clear from all the notes I added that I got to know them quite well (at least as well as one can get to know a couple in three hours of conversation). After my experience with this particular wedding, I have decided to speak directly with couples prior to having them retain my services about excessive drinking prior to the ceremony (not your typical champagne toast or bottle of beer) The Best Man seemed quite drunk to me. If I said "lets have some dignity," I was trying to spare them a ceremony embarrassment. There are many hours designated for celebration - drinking, eating, dancing, etc. Can't the wedding ceremony precede this without excessive alcohol consumption? In my view as an ordained clergyperson (even a progressive one as a Unitarian Universalist), I'd encourage couples to approach the ceremony as the "sacred" part of the day (however you might define that) ; an aspect of their wedding that should be respected, whether the ceremony is secular or religious. I wish them well.