Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

57 Reviews for Radiant Vows- Rev. Robin L. Zucker, MDiv. - a professional marriage ministry

4.7
No Denomination (3)
Unitarian (3)
Single Religion (2)
Interfaith Ceremony (2)
57 Radiant Vows- Rev. Robin L. Zucker, MDiv. - a professional marriage ministry Reviews

3.4

UPDATE: Her response to this review speaks for itself. Having pleasant sessions with her doesn't exonerate her behavior or at our rehearsal. She made all 31 adults uncomfortable. ORIGINAL: I want to be more detailed but WW's character limit hurts. She sent our paperwork in quickly. Performed a personalized ceremony. We did the PREPARE program. Pleasant but wouldn't recommend it over premarital counseling. She was flexible when we had to reschedule our first session. After our ceremony she said we had one more session & would contact us to schedule. Never heard from her again but we did hear from the First Unitarian Church. We were told that she was "asked to leave" (I'm using their words because I do not know the full circumstances) the parish and her last day was not long after our wedding. May explain her sour mood at the rehearsal. Our photographer was told the same on our wedding day when she was crabby with him. Very alarmed at how she treated my family (antithesis of how she was during our sessions). I have a large & friendly family who has been through many wedding rehearsals, always joyful & full of laughter. She scolded my father for lightly joking around during rehearsal (typical dad stuff, saying "nope! She's staying my baby forever" when he was supposed to hand me off to my husband). Had many discussions with her regarding our party & she had the names of the children involved. She gestured to them & said in such a nasty voice, "I don't know their names." She fought with my mom & their mother because she didn't want them sitting in the front row during the ceremony & explained children were a loud distraction in weddings (all 4 children were angels during the ceremony as I knew and explained to her they would be). After, she must have felt bad because she said to me that she was just trying to get everyone organized. They were organized. She was just a bear! My family is chill and let it roll off, but I spent the evening apologizing to my wedding party.

Profile Picture User6933931, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We were so grateful to find Reverend Robin Zuker. My (now) husband and I decided on February 1 to elope on February 14. It was very important to us to have a professional marry us and someone with a religious background. We wanted to have a meaningful wedding ceremony that was personal and simple. Rev Robin responded to my inquiry within 2 days. We met 6 days later and were married by her on 2/14. It was awesome. She provided a wonderful packet that outlined all the important parts of the ceremony and then met with us to help guide our choices. Although we only talked on the phone twice and met once, we both agreed that she got to know us and performed a WONDERFUL MEANINGFUL Ceremony for us. The ceremony had everything in that we asked for as well as personal touches from Robin that made it perfect.

Profile Picture Jessica Bowser, 2/14/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Unitarian

I could not imagine a more perfect officiant. Many of our wedding guests told my husband and me that our wedding ceremony was the most meaningful, personal, and all out best they have ever attended. Among Robin's important strengths, was her ability to weave together our religious views (including mine being agnostic/spiritual) and those of our parents. Further, she has experience in being a part of a blended family, and was able to guide us on how to include my teenage stepsons in the ceremony. Finally, it was evident that she can efficiently observe character traits, preferences, and the bond of a couple and the individuals within that couple. When she officiated, it was as if she had known us for years, despite us having planned the ceremony with her in three weeks or less time. She was incredibly flexible with us despite our short time table and disorganized nature. We highly recommend her. Thanks Robin!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling, Rehearsal, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious

Robin was very friendly and helpful. We're so glad we decided to use her for our special day. She's an absolute sweetheart!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/27/15, 1 Review
4.3

The church and officiant did a good job with the ceremony.

Profile Picture candice, 9/5/15, 5 Reviews
1.8

Let me start by saying we gave an average of 4 stars for our other vendors and everything went perfectly at our wedding except for our interactions with Robin.

Robin strongly recommended we take a marriage prep course with a stated purpose of getting to know us better as a couple costing $300. The experience got off to a bad start when scheduling those meetings with her was difficult and it became increasingly clear with each subsequent meeting that she hadn't gotten to know us as a couple whatsoever. It was also clear that the preparation program was not helpful as she did not even realize we only had completed half of it in our sessions. This would not had been terribly concerning to us but for how things went at the ceremony.

At the rehearsal and the day of the wedding Robin was extremely pushy and ill-tempered. She told three of my bridesmaids to "act with a little dignity" while sipping champagne immediately prior to the ceremony. For the record, no one was anywhere near intoxicated. Both sets of parents and almost all 14 members of the bridal party individually made unsolicited comments to us about how uncomfortable they felt with her. In spite of these issues, the ceremony was nice, but only superficially personal. She performed the necessary functions and mailed the certificate in a timely fashion

We selected her initially because we thought she would be relaxed, flexible and progressive, but we were disappointed to find out that she was rigid, condescending and judgmental.

Profile Picture Jackie, 8/1/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Robin was amazing on our wonderful wedding day. More importantly, we worked together in the planning of the wedding service to make the ceremony a meaningful and unique reflection of who we are and what our wedding meant to us, our family, and our community of friends. From interviews so she could truly learn about our feelings, to interweaving these thoughts into elegant words and radiating joy from the pulpit, Robin was so much more than we could ever explain.

Profile Picture Colleen, 7/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Robin played a huge role in making our ceremony incredibly special. My husband and I come from different religious backgrounds and Robin was able to put together the most beautiful and meaningful ceremony that seemlessly intertwined the spiritual aspect of our lives. She took the things that were most important to us and really created something truly special. We also participated in the counseling sessions offered prior to our wedding and were so impressed with what we learned about each other and us as a couple. She enabled us to have very open discussions about important aspects of life shared together as one. Robin is a truly open minded and accepting person who has left us with wonderful memories of our union.

Profile Picture Erin, 7/11/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling, Rehearsal, Interfaith Ceremony

I loved, loved working with Reverend Robin of Radiant Vows. She was attentive to the religious traditions of my family and my now-husband's, while also honoring the special traditions that he and I hoped to include in our ceremony and leading us through a non-religious affair that was still special for our Christian parents. She was also a great listener throughout our consultation process, while providing so much insight into the order of the ceremony as well as her own keen recommendations. At the rehearsal, Robin took charge of the crowd and moved us through the ceremony practice swiftly and efficiently (not an easy task with my loud, disorganized family!) Although she was a little slow on email at times, Robin made sure to always answer my questions and schedule our meetings when I happened to be in town, making it possible for us to plan the ceremony even though I live out of state. I am so glad we chose Radiant Vows-- Robin is a wonderful officiant!

Profile Picture Julia, 6/19/15, 14 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We were so happy to have Rev. Robin Zucker as the officiant for our wedding! She was easy to work with, professional, and extremely helpful both before the ceremony and on the day of. We met with her several times before the wedding and she helped us put together a ceremony that really captured us as a couple and that included our community of family and friends. It was truly a perfect day for us and wouldn’t have been possible without Rev. Robin’s skillfulness and support. We would highly recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant!

Profile Picture Shannon, 5/23/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious, Licensed, Counseling, Unitarian

Robin did a nice job on the ceremony. All wedding guests were impressed. She made the day memorable!!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/9/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious, No Denomination

Rev. Robin was very personable and took the time to get to know us prior to the wedding. She made the service personal, relating her comments to us and our guests. Her professionalism made the service flow smoothly even though we did not have a rehearsal. She was flexible and great at handling small glitches that occurred. Our guests all commented on the moving ceremony she performed. We highly recommend Rev. Robin Zucker.

Profile Picture User5572623, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Single Religion, Licensed, Counseling, No Denomination

We contacted Rev. Robin Zucker and on short notice she helped us organize our very small, simple, yet special wedding ceremony. With her help we were able to secure a very nice location that was very accessible and affordable. The entire process was organized in a short period of time, and with maximal ease. Robin had excellent suggestions for our vows and for elements of the ceremony. She took the time to get to know us, and help us figure out what was important for the event. When last minute adjustments to the venue and the time were needed, Robin was very flexible and helpful. We have kept in touch with her even though we have moved away from Pittsburgh. We had a great wedding with her help and we highly recommend her.

Profile Picture User5544568, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Single Religion, Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling, Unitarian

Rev. Robin Zucker was truly amazing. She takes time to meet with you, gets to know you and customizes your wedding ceremony around what you tell her you would like involved and what she gets from her meetings with you. She made us feel comfortable and relaxed throughout the entire ceremony and truly made it one to remember! I would highly recommend her, her services were inspirational and beautiful!

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/5/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We loved working with Robin!
We HIGHLY recommend doing the PREPARE program with her where you fill out a questionare and then discuss the results. It was so nice to talk through our relationship and think about how to be better partners as we were preparing for the wedding. It's also great because Robin actually new us when we she was performing her ceremony and it was wonderfully personal to my husband and I (our guests had nothing but great things to say!).

Profile Picture Lauren , 10/19/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I enjoyed working with Rev. Robin Zucker to create our wedding ceremony and were incredibly happy with the result. The ceremony was beautiful and exactly what we were looking for. We received many positive comments about the ceremony from our guests.

Profile Picture User3597595, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Meeting with Robin over these past few months in anticipation of her marrying us was such a wonderful experience. I was raised Catholic but am not practicing and consider myself spiritual, but not really Catholic anymore (yet some of those traditions were really a part of my upbringing, and my family is still very true to the Catholic faith); my now husband was raised Methodist and was very active in his church community growing up. Finding someone to organically fuse these traditions into one very meaningful marriage ceremony is no easy task. Robin did just that, and it was really such a wonderful experience. We both participated in a marriage preparation course with her where we met about 4 times and had some relationship building discussions. My husband and I agreed that this was a great experience, not just for us and our relationship, but to really get to know the person that would eventually marry us (because we don't belong to a church). I received so many lovely comments from wedding guests that remarked how MEANINGFUL the ceremony was. I attribute that fully and completely to Robin and our meetings leading up to the big day.

Profile Picture Kira, 8/17/13, 16 Reviews
3.0

She was flexible in designing our ceremony to suit our needs and provided us with several nontraditional ceremony ideas. She was very professional when we initally met with her, but at the ceremony, I think she was a little frustrated. I admit that it seemed like we weren't really prepared... we were running a little late and hadn't rehearsed. She really had an attitude at the ceremony and snapped at my sister.... everyone saw it. Everyone in attendance, including the UUs, were disappointed.

Profile Picture User3394505, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Robin was just what we were looking for. We found her on the internet and have determined that it was the luckiest find. We did participate in her PREPARE program and it was well worth our time. We received so many compliments about Robin. Everyone assumed she was a long time friend of ours. We had to convince people that we had only spent a couple of hours with her. The ceremony she provided to us was very personal. It incorporated our beliefs and station in life. She made people laugh and some even cried. Better than we ever could have imagined.

Profile Picture Colleen, 4/27/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Having Robin as an officiant made our wedding ceremony so special. She took the time to get to know us at our initial consultation and got to know us better while we completed the PREPARE pre-marriage counselling. Having gotten to know us, and working with us on picking readings and vows for our ceremony, she put together a truly beautiful ceremony. There was not a dry eye in the house, but there was also laughter and joy. We have had so much feedback about how personal and unique our ceremony was.

The PREPARE program is optional, but well worth it. My fiance and I were highly compatible on the testing, but it just gave us the time and motivation to think about area's where we may be less compatible and have a plan on how to deal with those, before they become a problem. It also was a nice environment to reflect on all the wonderful things that we have in our relationship. Completing this program brought us closer together and gave us a chance to spend some time reflecting on the marriage as opposed to focusing on planning a wedding.

I would strongly recommend using Robin for your marriage ceremony, particularly for interfaith or non religious couples.

Profile Picture Heather, 11/24/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We just loved Rev. Zucker. She is so warm and caring -- the perfect person to marry us. She was not pushy at all with the religious aspect. We did not want "God" mentioned in our ceremony and she was very understanding of that. We had a few sessions of pre-martial counseling with her before our big day, and those sessions were very helpful. She was excellent during the rehearsal -- making sure everyone knew what they should be doing. She was even better during our wedding. A few people commented that she was one of the best public speakers they had ever heard.

Profile Picture Kayla, 9/22/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Robin was fantastic! I heard from many of my guests that she was one of the best public speakers they had ever heard.

Profile Picture User2161038, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
4.7

Hiring Robin was literally the best decision that my husband and I made for the wedding. She was extremely professional and this quality really calmed us down during the mist of it all. Her words and demeanor both created a personal and beautiful ceremony. During the prep program, she really listened to our personalities and that shone through the day of our wedding. She was wonderful.

Profile Picture caitlin, 6/30/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We were totally thrilled and pleased with Rev. Robin Zucker. It was a pleasure to meet ahead of time with her and talk about our relationship. She captured the important aspects of Mike and me in our ceremony and made the entire event even more personal. Everyone at the ceremony was pleased with the proceedings. I especially liked that Rev. Zucker gave us a booklet that we were able to go through and pick which words we were interested in having spoken. That made the event much more personal. She also provided us with names of musicians and readings for us to choose from. Overall, we couldn't have been happier with the ease, the relaxed nature and the beautiful words at our ceremony. We will recommend her highly to anyone who would need her services.

Profile Picture Maria, 1/31/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We contacted Rev. Robin Zucker (Radiant Vows) a couple of months before our wedding. We had hired an officiant that blew us off at the last minute and informed her of what was going on. She jumped right in to help us and made our day very special. We had already written a ceremony and she was ok with that...she just added a little bit of her own special touches to make it perfect.

Profile Picture Cristi, 9/24/11, 5 Reviews