Rachel Olsen Photography Reviews

15 | Fort Collins, CO

15 Reviews for Rachel Olsen Photography

Lindsay · Married on 09/05/2015

Rachel captured our wedding day perfectly!!! We've loved reliving our wedding day through looking at the many pictures she took, both candid and formals. Our wedding was outdoors in Estes Park and the quality of pictures was outstanding!! She's very attentive to details, but also made our wedding day so fun and relaxing! Rachel and her assistant Steve arrived on our wedding date thoroughly prepared and organized with a list of pictures we had requested, which made formal pictures run very efficiently. We also did an engagement session in Denver with Rachel and had many beautiful pictures to choose from for our save-the-date cards. I can't wait to see our wedding album and I know I'll treasure our wedding pictures forever! Rachel went well beyond our greatest expectations and I highly recommend her to any bride/grooms-to-be!!

Alexa · Married on 08/01/2015

Rachel was absolutely amazing! From the first time we contacted her until she sent us our final prints, she was incredibly professional, knowledgeable and easy to work with. We had complete confidence that she would capture our big day perfectly- and she did. She was so friendly and really catered to our wishes throughout the day. She made us feel so special! I have gotten so many compliments on our photos and I cannot stop looking at them because she was able to capture every moment with such clarity and beauty. We could not have asked for a better photographer and I highly recommend Rachel to anyone looking for a talented and kind professional.

Jamie · Married on 09/07/2014

Rachel was so pleasant to work with and have with us on our big day! She has such a positive personality and was exactly what we were looking for in a wedding photographer. She really wanted to know what was important to us, and stayed very true to that, which we loved. Not only did she get our pictures to us incredibly quickly, she's also just a lovely person to work with!

The two most important parts of my wedding were to celebrate with my closest family and friends and to have a great photographer. I wanted a photographer who is great to be around (after all you spend the entire day with them), highly energetic, great at getting real moments and real smiles, has great equipment, great wedding experience, training, attention to detail and spends time after the wedding processing photos and provides the high resolution negatives. Luckily, one of my best friends got married the summer before me and Rachel was her photographer. I got to see Rachel in action and was very impressed, and then after the wedding my friend was beyond thrilled with her photos.

After I got engaged, once I decided I wanted to invest in a really good photographer, I spent time studying many photographers’ styles and it was such an easy decision to go with Rachel. There is something magical about her photos. It’s truly not just the subjects that make for great photos. The photographer’s skills make a huge difference. I also really appreciated her wedding experience. This cannot be overemphasized. A great photographer does not necessarily equal a great wedding photographer. Rachel caught the best photos in millisecond moments in places someone without experience would not remember to look in time. For example, the tears in the eyes of my usually stoic husband’s sister and husband’s dad during the mother-son dance. I spent nearly a year planning the wedding, and despite my best intentions to keep the wedding simple and not get totally focused on it, I ended up spending a lot of time planning it. Now all I have are the memories and Rachel was worth every penny. I’m so appreciative. There are not enough words to describe how much I treasure these photos.

We cannot say enough about how much we enjoyed working with Rachel as she captured our wedding on a beautiful June day in the Colorado Mountains! One of our favorite memories from our wedding was taking photos with just the two of us after the ceremony. We felt incredibly comfortable, laughed a tremendous amount and just had so much fun. Rachel went above and beyond with all her extra touches when it came to the final product, correspondence and professionalism. We are forever grateful for capturing the spirit of the day and these are memories that will last a life time. Many, many thanks! Travis and Lauren Cremonese

Laurie · Married on 08/17/2013

I cannot say enough about Rachel! She was absolutely amazing, and the photos are just beautiful. She and her assistant managed to capture every single thing that I wanted to remember fom that day. I was worried that my groom, who doesn't particularly like having his photo taken, would tire from having six hours of photos taken, but Rachel really made it nothing but fun for everyone. She has an amazing sense of humor, and it really felt like an extremely talented friend was taking the photos and spending time with us that day. I have absolutely no regrets that I missed out on any memories that I want to hold on to from that day, because Rachel captured every thing I want to remember. She's truly the Best. We are still amazed, every time we look at the photos.

If you want a cheap wedding photographer and pictures that are "good-enough", Rachel is not for you. However, if you want AMAZING wedding pictures from a true professional that you will cherish forever, then you're in the right place.

You spend so much time and money on your wedding day, and after it's over, what do you have to remember it by? Your amazing Rachel Olsen Photography photos. Trust me, it's worth the extra bit to hire Rachel-- so book her as early as you can, I recommend calling her now. Right now. Do it.

My family is big into the photography industry, being pro photographers themselves and owning their own print and framing shop. Rachel is one of the most talented event photographers I, or my family, have ever had the pleasure to work with. She has a way of effortlessly taking photos that turn out amazing, every time. There is no need for "hold on, let me take one more", because she gets the picture the first time, so that everything is natural, not staged-feeling. Her turn-around time is impeccable since her photo settings are perfect right from the start with little or no editing needed. She posted about 50 preview photos for us literally within hours of our reception ending. Rachel is fantastic to work with, she is very nice and has a fun cheeriness to her that makes you feel very relaxed for pictures. And don't worry about her "missing a shot", she has a professional assistant photographer as well to capture anything she may have missed (not to say that she won't get your first kiss shot-- check ours out, we had a dip that she caught perfectly!) I would highly recommend Rachel Olsen Photography to any bride in need of a photographer for their wedding.

Lynn · Married on 09/30/2012

Rachel is a gem! After digging through other Coloradan photographers’ websites, Rachel’s professionalism and workmanship shone through. Her website is chockfull of information (sans annoying music!) and organized nicely. She readily clarified and provided insight through email and phone. This was a great boon as we were planning the wedding from different states. From the beginning to the end, she’s helpful and resourceful.

We invested in Rachel because her style fell in line with how we envisioned our wedding- vibrant, beautiful, and candid. Rachel has package and a la carte options, so with her help, we were able to arrange a package that encompassed our photography needs. Together we planned the engagement session in Denver and seeing our portraits reinforced that we had hired the right photographer.

Armed with our inputs, details galore, and her Nikon, Rachel captured our fall wedding with clarity and authenticity. She works well with shadow and light so that every picture captures tone of the moment. The ceremony showcased our vows, the formals contained seasonal details, the reception shots held motion of our guests’ dancing. We truly can relieve our wedding thanks to Rachel.

We love our wedding pictures! They were posted about three weeks after our wedding. Family and friends are able to order photos they wanted through a shared website. They were so timely processed that wedding pictures were able to be Christmas presents this year. We look forward to our wedding album even more since seeing the quality of our photos.

Again, we are extremely happy with our experience with Rachel. Anyone who hires her will end up with gorgeous photos that will be cherished.

Anne · Married on 07/14/2012

Rachel is the best photographer EVER! Just take a look at her website and see for yourself. She is extremely talented and runs a very professional business. I asked my friends on Facebook for photographer recommendations. I received several responses but a trusted friend told me that she wishes she would have had Rachel photograph her wedding. I looked at her website, had tears in my eyes and was sold. Her images are so vivid. My fiance and I met her and knew she was the only photographer we needed to interview! Your wedding day goes so fast and it is so fun to relive the day and see things we missed through the Rachel's photos. We will treasure our engagement and wedding photos that Rachel took for a lifetime. We hope that she will continue to be our photographer as we build a family.

Karen · Married on 09/23/2011

Rachel was a delight to work with. At our first meeting with her, she was very accommodating with where we met (she's in Ft. Collins, I'm in Denver). I was very impressed by her albums she showed my husband and me. Her style was was exactly what we were looking for. From then on, she was very attentive to our needs and quick with replies whenever I had a question. I was extremely impressed with the outcome of our photographs. I'm so happy I have these pictures to look back on.

I will never forget the morning after our wedding when my new husband handed me his phone with Rachel's sneak preview of the most amazing images from our wedding the night before. I still get chills when I remember scrolling through the gorgeous photos that she captured. I felt like a secret superstar! These photos were beautiful and tender & yet unabashedly fun and real. Working with Rachel Olsen Photography was a dream. Not only did she gives us the moments we had on our wish list but she managed to find ones that were magnificent portrayals of our friends, families and our wedding setting. Rachel is truly an artist with an eye for the sublime and an amazing ability to tap into YOUR greatest self.

Alyson · Married on 08/20/2011

I couldn't have been more lucky to find Rachel and her team. After googling plenty of photographers in the Denver area, I came across her website, looked at some wedding photos and started to get tears in my eyes. They were beautiful and I couldn't wait for her to photograph my wedding. Everything was excellent the day of and she even went above and beyond by showing up before schedule and shooting some extra time that she did not charge me for. She was awesome, Steve was awesome and I hope she can photograph my family someday!

Christy · Married on 09/24/2010

I can not say enough good things about Rachel! She was able to capture so much emotion from our wedding that looking at our pictures takes us right back to that special day. She is very professional but easy going at the same time. Working with her was fun and easy and I can't imagine our wedding without her!

Kelley · Married on 10/03/2009

You are in good hands with Rachel - she has the perfect combination of creativity/artistry and business acumen/professionalism.

Lillee · Married on 08/27/2011

Rachel is absolutely the most talented and skilled photographer that we interviewed and had the pleasure of getting to know. She was so organized and efficient and was able to accomplish exactly what we wanted and then superceded our expectations with photos so full of life and creativity that we still are in awe! Our entire wedding party still comments on her photos that appear on Facebook, and in our home...She is THE BEST!