Race Brook Lodge Reviews

5 | Sheffield, MA

5 Reviews for Race Brook Lodge

Alyssa · Married on 08/11/2018

This is a really cool venue. My fiancé and I did an impromptu trip up to Race Brook Lodge when we found out they had our specific date. We'd loved it online, and in person it was still awesome. The couple who owns the place weren't there when we were, so the wife's best friend showed us around and gave us a really wonderful tour. It's got plenty of history, George Washington stayed there in 1776, and it's rumored Shay's rebellion was hatched in their basement. The outside can be tented and with the barn is perfect for a woodsy outdoor wedding. The main building has a fair amount of rooms for guests and even has a speakeasy perfect for holding an afterparty. There's also another home higher up the mountain, perfect for housing the wedding party (did I mention it has a traditional Japanese bath?). The food is all made on site at the venue's restaurant and they've even incorporated produce from their own gardens in their menus. All in all it's a really cool place. Unfortunately it didn't fit our budget, but if it does yours (or you just have a smaller family lol), definitely check this place out. Especially if you're looking for a unique, boho venue with a lot of charm. We don't typically leave reviews, but in all the venues we checked out, this is the only place where the people seemed really seemed to love where they worked. :)

Sent on 11/15/2017

Katie · Married on 10/14/2016

I am an event planner and hosted a rehearsal dinner at the barn at Race Brook lodge. The space was perfect, the service amazing, and food top notch!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Magdalena · Married on 06/25/2016

Great venue with lots of possibilities and flexibility. The owner + staff is very easy to work with.
    Fantastic place for weekend and larger family escapes/events. Great place for laid back wedding surrounded by the Berkshire forests, hikes and waterfalls.

Sent on 12/01/2016

Christine · Married on 09/09/2017

When my husband and I first toured Race Brook Lodge we knew almost instantly that it was the perfect location for our wedding. The vibe was exactly what we were looking for. We wanted a place to spend an intimate weekend sharing in the joy of our wedding with our closest friends and family.

The RBL crew pulled off the entire event flawlessly. As we were planning and executing this wedding entirely on our own, they did an incredible job of helping us to feel both in control of our choices but supported by a more than capable team every step of the way. Kim was an incredible resource in the lead up preparations, and Casey and Craig made sure that every detail of the weekend itself was executed just as we'd discussed.

The weekend went off without a hitch and we can easily say it was the best of our lives.

Sent on 01/26/2018

Jennifer · Married on 05/20/2017

3.5
      3.5

We had our amazing, beautiful and super fun wedding at Race Brook in May 2016. I wanted an outdoor, woodsy venue with the ability to have all of our family and friends stay together for the whole weekend. We got that along with amazing food, a wonderful staff, a beautiful property and fun extras like the nightly bonfire and after party in the bar under the restaurant. I can't say enough about how kind and thoughtful the staff is. I felt they truly wanted everyone to have the best time and did everything to help us make that happen. I planned this wedding from California and that may have made communication and planning more difficult than if I was local. I would absolutely recommend getting a wedding planner to handle the many decisions that need to be made. Race Brook is incredibly flexible which is very fun but a bit overwhelming when it is up to you to come up with the plans and details. If you do not have a planner you will need a strong vision and plenty of time to make decisions. I also would suggest looking at all the rooms if you are having guests stay on the property. The rooms are all different, which completely fits in with the relaxed and bohemian vibe of the place. Some rooms are very nice and others are much more cabin-like. Even with those two lessons learned, I had the exact wedding I wanted and Race Brook was a major reason why. The property and the staff are wonderful and I would highly recommend.

Sent on 06/21/2017