51 Reviews for Rabbi Gary Katz

Jewish (3)
Civil Union (1)
Single Religion (1)
Rehearsal (1)

I'm going to make this very simple... Rabbi Katz is the best! Thank you for making the weeks leading up to our wedding special and the big day even better. With Love, Dani and Jordan

Profile Picture jordan, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Katz did such an amazing bat mitzvah for our daughter. We are an interfaith family so his explanation of the service was particularly special. The service was enjoyed by all!

Profile Picture Sabrina, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Katz is awesome!!! We are so happy and feel so incredibly fortunate to have discovered him. He is genuine, caring , insightful and is passionate. it was so important to him that he get to know my husband and I. After meeting him prior to our wedding, we could not imagine anyone other than he marrying us. We live outside of NYC and look forward to seeing our new friend Rabbi Katz whenever we are in the city. A true find... Deborah & Paul Feinsilver

Profile Picture deborah, 5/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My Wife and I were married on February 19, 2017. I found Rabbi Gary Katz on wedding wire while doing our research into the various Rabbi's in the area. I saw his stellar reviews, with commentary about how knowledgeable, genuine, funny, kind, and most important, dedicated! I can now tell you after the fact, everything being said about Rabbi Gary Katz is true. He was amazing from start to finish. He took the time to get to know both my bride and I and met us multiple times prior to the big event. Guests came up to us during the party and expressed how much they really loved our Rabbi and thought that he was someone we knew for years based on the connection we formed during the sessions prior the wedding. I also really loved that he explains the ceremony and what everything means, which really allowed for the guests to feel more connected to the ceremony. Aside from how amazing a job he did for both of us prior to the wedding and at the ceremony itself, Rabbi Gary Katz is a great individual and we both look forward to keeping the relationship alive for years to come.

Profile Picture Rob, 2/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Gary did a phenomenal job officiating our wedding! We met with Gary several times before the wedding, and he did a great job preparing us for what to expect on the big day. As our officiant, he explained the historical context of the ceremony for our guests, making it a meaningful experience for everyone regardless of their religion. We had people coming up to us at the reception telling us how much they loved the ceremony and Gary! It was great working with Gary, and we'll always cherish his kind words.

Profile Picture User7117436, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We were referred to Rabbi Gary Katz through a friend. I'm so glad we were!! From the first meeting to the day of the wedding- everything was better than we could have ever expected. Not only was he our officiant for the wedding but will be part of our lives forever. When we met him months before the wedding- he really got to know us and was able to personalize the ceremony. Everyone in the ceremony said he did an amazing job and thought we have known him forever! He was there to answer any questions we had and to explain each tradition for the ceremony. He let us choose what we felt comfortable with and explained all the meanings. The week prior to the wedding- we had a practice ceremony so we knew the order as well as practiced repeating after him. He made everything so easy. If you are looking for an officiant- stop now and contact Rabbi Gary Katz- you won't be disappointed. Thanks for everything-
Jennifer and Brendan

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I got married on August 13, 2016. It was really important to me that we find an officiant who would create a personal ceremony and not one that would put our guests to sleep. The first thing I loved about Rabbi Katz is the time he takes to get to know you. We met with Rabbi Katz multiple times before the wedding and we both agree that we got a lot out of it, from relationship advice to spirituality. The ceremony was beautiful and Rabbi Katz really stole the show. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how unique and captivating it was. We already can't wait to continue our relationship with him way past our wedding.

Profile Picture Alix, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Jewish, Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling, Single Religion

Gary was both helpful and knowledgeable throughout the whole process. He was genuinely interested in our lives, marriage and wedding, and offered a wonderful 3rd party perspective.

Profile Picture Reed, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We used Rabbi Katz to Bar Mitzvah for two sons! It was an incredible experience, Rabbi Katz is very professional and extremely personable. He took the time to get to know our family and the boys and was able to deliver a warm and sincere service that was touching to our friends and family.
I would highly recommend him for any service.

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant

We had the pleasure of Gary serving as the officiant for our wedding. Throughout the whole process, Gary took time to learn about our backgrounds and took a real interest into us. He guided my wife and I through multiple exercises on compatibility and helped us to open up to each other. While my wife and I had different jewish upbringings, he was able to create a wedding ceremony that both of our families enjoyed. He was thoughtful, well spoken and everyone only had great things to say about him. Gary took the time to get to know my wife and I before the wedding and it made the ceremony that much better. We have nothing but great things to say about Gary and would recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant.

Profile Picture Cory, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

great attention, to whom we were as a couple. personalized speech. warm and caring

Profile Picture Randy, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Picking an officiant that matched my husband's and I unique personalities was really difficult, but Gary Katz made it all so easy! The moment we met him, we knew he was going to make our ceremony the most special event. He is so accomodating, warm, and attentive, and you can discuss absolutely anything with him. We were always able to find mutual time to meet with him because his schedule is so flexible. Throughout the process he really got to know my husband and I, making our ceremony so unique and thoughtful. We will never forget it!

Gary, we want to thank you, from the depths of our hearts, on officiating the most magical ceremony for us. It was absolutely beautiful and memorable, and your words will be in our hearts forever. Thank you for your guidance, advice and laughs...thank you for everything!

With love,
Corey & Susan

Profile Picture User6317729, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I used Rabbi Katz for my son's Bar Mitzvah in June at Current in NYC. We had specific details in mind about what my son could read from the Torah prior to his actual birthday. Rabbi Katz worked with our family to do exactly what we wanted. He worked with my son a few times before the event to make sure it would be perfect. Rabbi Katz did such a magnificent job, some of my friends had asked me for his contact information after my event.

Profile Picture User7459478, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Our paths crossed with Rabbi Katz about a year before our wedding and we are so grateful they did. From the minute my husband and I met him, we knew we had found the perfect match. Rabbi Katz is funny, thoughtful, genuine, kind, and extremely insightful (and so much more, too). He has a way of putting you at ease and offers incredible support leading up to such an important and special occasion.

At our last meeting before the wedding, I jokingly said to Rabbi Katz, "Don't forget to bring your A game." He brought his A+ game. Our family and friends are STILL talking about our ceremony as Rabbi Katz not only moved us but them as well. We, without ANY reservations, recommend Rabbi Katz .... he will make your wedding ceremony one that you will never forget. We are certainly his #1 fans.

Profile Picture Sammie, 6/12/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Katz is a wonderful person and a great officiate. We had some unexpected difficulties right before our wedding and Rabbi Katz really went out of his way to make things run smoothly, even though it wasn't at all part of his job. He gave a warm, caring ceremony and made the day a happy and memorable one.

Profile Picture User6866479, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I have known Rabbi Katz for 10+ years so when it came time to selecting a Rabbi to officiate our wedding, there was no question in my mind who to call. It was a huge relief to know that he was willing to officiate an interracial ceremony. Rabbi Katz is genuine and very patient, he took the time to meet with us a few times and really get to know my fiance as well as explain to him the various laws and customs. He was always only a phone call or an email away when we needed some clarifications leading up to the event. He is very flexible and was willing to work with us to design a ceremony most appropriate for us and our families. Many of our guests commented that they appreciated Rabbi Katz explaining every step of the ceremony, as well as offering some light-hearted humor throughout. If you are looking for an intimate and personal wedding ceremony, Rabbi Katz is your man!!

Profile Picture Tatyana, 10/4/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We found Rabbi Gary Katz on wedding wire and we could not have been happier with our decision to have him officiate our wedding. From the initial conversation that we had with him on the phone it was apparent that he shared our disposition and our view for how we imagined our ceremony. Throughout the months leading up to the wedding we had met with Gary multiple times to go over details for our ceremony as well as to get to know us both as individuals and as a couple. His demeanor was always warm and caring which made it easy to confide any stressors as the day approached. For the actual ceremony he really tailored his words in a way that was humorous, caring, and absolutely reflected who we were as a couple. His ceremony was the perfect start to a perfect day.

Profile Picture Josh, 9/26/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I cannot say enough positive things about Rabbi Gary Katz. From the moment my husband and I met him, we knew he would be the one to officiate our wedding. He is warm, kind, funny, easy to open up to, smart, and the list goes on and on. Gary took the time to get to know us as a couple before the wedding, which was something we were looking for in an officiant. We met with him 3-4 times to talk about our relationship and what is important to us in a marriage. These meetings truly enabled Gary to speak about us from the heart. The things he said during the ceremony were so profound that he not only brought us to tears but all of our guests. Our friends and family are still calling to say how incredible his address was!

Working with Gary made us feel so at ease throughout this whole process. I seriously could not have imagined a better Rabbi to marry us. If you want to have a personal, intimate, loving wedding ceremony then choose Gary as your officiant!

Profile Picture BRANDON, 8/15/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Katz was an absolute professional and a big hit at our wedding. Everyone loved our ceremony. My wife and I most importantly were comfortable, confident, relaxed and extremely pleased with him. We highly recommend him. He will help with planning, marital advice, and make sure your ceremony goes smoothly.

Profile Picture User5422966, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

It is an honor to recommend Rabbi Gary Katz who officiated at our traditional reformed Jewish wedding at Bear Mountain Overlook Lodge on August 8, 2015. Our discussions with Rabbi Katz and his warm commemoration of our marriage persuaded us to observe Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur services under his leadership in Cresskill, New Jersey. There, we met other families who had joined this community owing to their prior positive experiences with Rabbi Katz in educational and other settings.

We met with Rabbi Katz, who preferred our addressing him less formally by his first name, at his office in Ridgewood, NJ, and later at his office in Greenwich Village, Manhattan. He instructed us regarding Jewish law, tradition, and symbolism that we observed in our wedding and thoroughly answered our questions. Gary is involved in Jewish/Hebrew education and youth activities. He holds certification as a Licensed Master Social Worker with graduate education in that field. We think that this combination of pastoral and caring professional experience have created a thoughtful individual who is uniquely qualified to guide aspiring brides and grooms.

Guests of our wedding approached us to express their positive feelings about our officiant. When we look back at the celebration with friends and family who were there, Gary is always mentioned for his having added significantly to the beauty of our ceremony. The moments beneath the chuppah, listening to his words, and speaking our vows will always be sacred to us. We highly recommend him and are happy to provide our reference if requested.

Profile Picture Mark, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I can’t say how happy we are to have had Rabbi Gary Katz officiate at our wedding. He really took the time to get to know us in the months before, as individuals as well as a couple, to put together a personal and meaningful ceremony that helped set the mood for what people are still saying was one of the best weddings they have ever been to. My husband and I have since become Facebook friends with Gary, and now, months later, I have been able to see what an amazing person he is in how much he gives back to the community, and we are thrilled beyond belief to have been married by such a great man.

Profile Picture User6243238, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Jewish, Licensed, Counseling

Rabbi Katz did a wonderful job for our wedding. In speaking with him, he offered every option we could include (or not include) in our ceremony and helped us shape the overall experience we wanted. On a deeper level, he really took the time to get to know us as a couple and individuals, which only personalized the process even more. He offered himself not just as an officiant, but as a source of counsel with whom we could consult whenever we needed. In the end we walked away extremely happy, our parents walked away extremely happy, and our guests had only positive things to say about the ceremony. Rabbi Katz is a very warm hearted person who is easy to get along with. He made us feel comfortable from the moment we met and he always had a light hearted joke or two that kept us smiling and laughing through the wedding planning process. We would highly recommend Rabbi Katz.

Profile Picture samantha, 6/27/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

The absolute best part of my daughter's wedding was Rabbi Gary Katz' officiating of the ceremony. He made us laugh, he made us cry, he made us think, he made the beginning of my daughter's new life with our son-in-law just perfect. If you're thinking about hiring Rabbi Katz, stop thinking and do it!! Just Beautiful.

MN

Profile Picture mitchell, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I cannot say enough good things about Rabbi Gary. Brilliant and he added his own touches to the day which I loved. Thank you x3

Profile Picture User4608384, 2+ years ago, 1 Review