Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

54 Reviews for Rabbi for Interfaith and Jewish Weddings, Bill Kurry

Non-religious (2)
No Denomination (1)
Agnostic (1)
Hindu (1)

Rabbi Bill Kurry was the officiant of our wedding on April 22, 2018. He was absolutely wonderful. All of our guests continue to compliment us on how beautiful a ceremony Rabbi Bill created. Anything and everything that we desired, he made happen. I know I am not the easiest bride to work with (wanting everything my way). He performed the ceremony exactly the way we wanted it..to the word without any hesitation. He met with us both in person and through FaceTime at our convenience in order to make sure everything was perfect. My father, who is not Jewish, thought the Ketubah ceremony that Rabbi Bill performed briefly before the wedding ceremony was absolutely beautiful as well. Rabbi Bill Kurry made our ceremony perfect! We can't thank him enough.

Profile Picture Marissa, 4/22/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Jewish, Single Religion, Customized Vows

There are not enough kind words to express our gratitude to Rabbi Bill. Rabbi bill co officiated our wedding in February 2018, and truly made the wedding process easy and stress free, and our day personal and beautiful. He was a joy to work with, and especially with an interfaith marriage, worked together beautifully with our Bishop and made a tailored ceremony that our guests are still talking about. We could never thank Rabbi Bill enough!! - Love Mike & Chels

Profile Picture Chelsea, 2/18/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Interfaith Ceremony, Catholic, Jewish

Rabbi Bill did an incredible job officiating our ceremony. Not only was he a great officiant, he made us feel as though we were truly family, even though we’ve only known him for a short time. Rabbi Bill made the whole process an absolute pleasure and is also my instructor in my endeavor to convert to Judaism. I’m greatly looking forward to continuing my studies with this incredible teacher!

Profile Picture Marianne, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Bill was the perfect choice for our wedding. I am Christian and my Husband is Jewish. We wanted to have a Jewish wedding but Rabbi Bill was extremely flexible willing to include Christian components like a Christian reading. He was also willing to do a Saturday afternoon wedding for us, which was very important to us. Rabbi Bill is very professional and just a pleasure to work with overall. Even though my husband and I don't live close to Rabbi Bill, he met with us several times via FaceTime leading up to the wedding to make sure that the ceremony was planned just the way we wanted it. Through the planning process Rabbi BIll was so wonderful. He was very flexible and included all of our requests. Our family and friends thoroughly enjoyed him, saying that he was the perfect mix of funny and sincere. Our ceremony was absolutely perfect thanks to Rabbi Bill!

Photo for Rabbi for Interfaith and Jewish Weddings, Bill Kurry Review
Profile Picture Lee, 9/16/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Jewish, Interfaith Ceremony

Rabbi Bill was amazing!! All my guests absolutely loved him. He made us feel comfortable and did such a beautiful job. I am so happy you could be part of our special day.

Profile Picture Alexis, 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We were so lucky to have Rabbi Bill guide us through this journey. From day 1, we knew Rabbi Bill was going to be amazing. In our introduction, he showed compassion, interest, and truly cared about our happiness together. He helped us navigate the challenges of bringing together our two faiths, and was extremely flexible in creating the perfect ceremony for us. We Skyped with Rabbi Bill multiple times prior to our big day, which allowed him to truly get to know us and personalize our ceremony. Dual faith weddings can be a sensitive topic for families, we really appreciated that Rabbi Bill took the time to review everything that would be said at the ceremony (with exception to his personal remarks, which were heartfelt and funny) with us multiple times to make us feel comfortable that there would be no surprises that might make either family uncomfortable. Our guests still talk about how perfect our ceremony was! Thank you Rabbi Bill!

Profile Picture Danielle, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Bill is brilliant. We met him over coffee for a few hours and spoke over Skype for several hours to go over the ceremony. Rabbi Bill set a joyous and happy tone for the wedding which permeated throughout the rest of the event. We are an interracial couple (American and Chinese) and Rabbi Bill helped to explain all Jewish customs clearly and made everyone feel our love. Thank you Rabbi Bill

Profile Picture Bradley, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Bill was fantastic! He really took the time to get to know us through multiple Skype/Facetime sessions. He was very thorough in letting us know what to expect, and he responded to all of my emails within minutes. We received so many compliments on how personalized our ceremony was. He did a great job of incorporating other cultural traditions that we asked of him as well as keeping everyone engaged. I would 10/10 recommend him for anyone looking for an interfaith rabbi!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/25/17, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Hindu, Jewish, Interfaith Ceremony

We were in need of a Rabbi who could perform a ceremony in the state of New Jersey. We reside in the state of Virginia. So after conducting much research on the internet and reading countless reviews, we decided to request the services of Rabbi Bill Kurry. Additionally, I wanted to learn more about Judaism before our interfaith ceremony was to be performed. I spent many hours Skyping with Rabbi Bill. He was a wonderful, knowledgeable teacher! I felt very comfortable during our sessions and this is unusual for me because I am rather shy. He was very flexible with his time. When it came time for us to make preparations for our ceremony, Rabbi Bill worked with us on every detail and answered all of our many questions. Rabbi Bill and his delightful wife JoAnn even helped us find a venue! Everything came together seamlessly! Rabbi Bill is a compassionate, loving and knowledgeable individual. We liked him so much, that not only did he conduct our ceremony, but we invited him to be a guest at our reception. Rabbi Bill was the perfect choice!

Profile Picture Sandra, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Bill Kurry was an absolute pleasure to work with! The initial conversation went very well and smooth, so much so that we chose Rabbi Bill from a few officiants. Rabbi Bill is so pleasant to speak to and I love the personal touch he had with us! His approach is so amazing, using awesome questions and a few meetings, Rabbi Bill was able to give us the ceremony that we imagined having. Thank you so much Rabbi Bill. Everyone loved our ceremony. You were an awesome speaker and an awesome officiant.

Profile Picture Daniela, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Single Religion, Jewish, Customized Vows

Rabbi Bill Kurry is the best ever. He did a wonderful job officiating our ceremony and is personable, understanding, and loving individual. My husband and I were very specific about what we wanted and didn't want at our wedding as we are not religious and Rabbi Bill made us feel very accepted and heard and didn't push us to do anything we didn't want to do. Everyone also loved him! He is very light-spirited and humorous to boot! Thanks Rabbi Bill!

Profile Picture Danielle, 5/14/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Agnostic, Jewish, Customized Vows, Non-religious

Rabbi Bill co-officiated our interfaith wedding and it was amazing! He was so wonderful to work with, and really made our ceremony feel personalized and unique to us. We have had so many people tell us it was the best wedding ceremony they have ever been to. We couldn't be more happy with the choice we made to work with him!

Profile Picture User5363576, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Interfaith Ceremony, Catholic, Jewish

So, our wedding was 2 weeks ago today. Rabbi Bill was simply incredible. The ceremony, despite it being nearly 95 degrees outdoors was just beautiful. Rabbi was a pleasure to work with, he is a sincere and caring person who made the whole event very comfortable and smooth. He encouraged us to incorporate some traditional Jewish customs and were glad he did. It was the perfect blend of traditional customs and a simple laid back vibe. Our guests raved about how Rabbi personalized the ceremony which brought out the love Jill and I have for each other, family and friends. I would recommend Rabbi Bill for any couple who wants the most enjoyable and personalized wedding ceremony and experience.

Profile Picture Norm, 8/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Bill told us from the moment we met him that our ceremony would be "the best", and he was right! He created a beautiful, personalized interfaith ceremony just for us. It was elegant, charming, and funny all at the same time! All of our guests loved it, and we recieved tons of compliments about how wonderful the ceremony was. We will definitely recommend him to any friends and family who are getting married!

Profile Picture Ross, 7/31/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

From the moment we met Rabbi Bill, we knew our wedding ceremony was going to be wonderful. He was such a joy to work with and my now husband and I loved how both of our religions were brought to our wedding. Rabbi Bill found us a co-officiant, and the two of them worked so well together. It was a special occasion I will never forget!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Bill Kurry was such an amazing addition to our wedding day and we feel so lucky that we found him. Both my Husband and I are Jewish and we had to find a Rabbi who would marry us before sundown on a Saturday. We were so glad that Rabbi Bill could do it! At our first meeting, he came into the city to meet with us and spent so much time with us explaining the process and what we could expect and what we needed to get done before the big day. We were able to meet with the Rabbi throughout the process in person and via Skype (which was very convenient).

The best part is that he gave us both very specific questions about our relationship and spouse that we couldn't share with each other, which he used during the ceremony to make it so special, funny and personal. All of our friends and family members commented on how much they loved the ceremony and how Bill made it so enjoyable. He also mixed the perfect amount of Hebrew with English so that our guests could understand the ceremony but still experience the traditional Jewish traditions. I would highly recommend Rabbi Bill Kurry to anyone who wants a beautiful, meaningful and personalized ceremony!!

Profile Picture Ilene, 6/25/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Single Religion, Jewish

Rabbi Bill was extremely accommodating. He honored every single request that my husband and I had made and was very easy to work with. He schedules several meetings before the wedding to make sure everyone is on the same page, and will even do skype or facetime meetings if that is more convenient for you. He also is very quick to respond to emails.
Rabbi Bill is certainly not your typical Rabbi, so if you are looking for a more conservative ceremony, or someone with no personality who is going to bore you guests, this is not the guy. However, if you are a very reformed or culturally Jewish person who wants someone who is going to keep the guests interested, he is your man.
My only additional thoughts to the bride and groom who choose to use him would be that the Rabbi asks you ahead of time to answer some questions about your relationship so that he can make some personal remarks during the ceremony about the two of you rather than just lecturing about marriage and commitment (which we thought was great!). Just keep in mind that he doesn't take much creative liberty with that, so only write things in your responses that you wouldn't mind him reading more or less verbatim.
Highly recommend Rabbi Bill!

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 6/18/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Jewish, No Denomination, Customized Vows

Rabbi Bill did a fantastic job, fully customizing our interfaith service and infusing it with personal meaning. He really listened to what we wanted and delivered in spades. He gave us the exact tone, length, and spirit we wanted for the wedding. He made sure that every word he and the priest spoke were exactly as we wanted it, and he even surprised us with an incredibly moving and wonderfully personalized speech that recounted our meeting story, our lives together, and our vision for the future. After the ceremony our guests had wonderful things to say about Rabbi Bill and we could not have been happier.

Profile Picture Jocelyn, 4/30/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Catholic, Jewish, Interfaith Ceremony

Rabbi Bill was "the best"! We found him on wedding wire, and the reviews, if it's even possible, understated how amazing Rabbi Bill was throughout the entire wedding ceremony planning process.

Since we lived in NYC, we were able to FaceTime with Rabbi Bill in order to get to know each other, discuss the details about our wedding, and plan the wedding ceremony. Typical meetings lasted 60-90 minutes, 4-5 times total. Since my wife and I are an interfaith couple, Rabbi Bill suggested we reach out to one of his friends (Father Charles "Chuck" Costello) to co-officiate the wedding - he likewise was just as great as Rabbin Bill! What I thought would be a complicated process working with two officiants turned out to work seamlessly, as we had all of our discussions directly with Rabbi Bill who subsequently worked with Father Chuck behind the scene to keep him up to speed.

Rabbi Bill was professional and FUN throughout the whole process. Everything we wanted in a ceremony he listened and executed down to the last detail--he worked with us to completely customize our interfaith wedding!

PS-- his personal remarks about the two of us stole the show at our wedding! The guests loved it!

Thanks again Rabbi Bill.

Amanda & Will
Stone House at Stirling Ridge
12/5/2015

Profile Picture William, 12/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Bill made our wedding an event to remember. We met with him a few times before the event so he could get to know us. Even if we couldn't meet face to face, Rabbi Bill was very accommodating to meet with us via FaceTime or email. He learned everything about my husband and I, and used our stories to weave together the perfect ceremony. Our guests were laughing, crying, captivated. I had so many guests come up to me after the wedding and ask for Rabbi Bill's referral! He truly made our event special and personal.

Profile Picture Lisa, 11/21/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Jewish, Single Religion

I hired Rabbi Bill to co-officiate my wedding this past October and he was absolutely amazing. It's been almost three months since the big day and I am STILL getting compliments from my guests about him! We have received more compliments about him than any other aspect of our entire wedding, hands down. Our ceremony took place in my husband's family's church and was led by their priest, but Rabbi Bill was there to assist since I am half Jewish. He has done so many ceremonies just like this, he knew exactly what to expect and showed up to our first meeting with a very detailed outline of the entire ceremony to explain exactly how it would flow. In the beginning of planning I was worried that our rabbi and priest wouldn't jive or that there would be a problem concerning who was doing what - but the entire thing ran SO smoothly, it was like the two of them had done it a hundred times together before. My absolute favorite part of Rabbi Bill's portion of the ceremony was his 10 minutes (give or take a few minutes) of opening remarks all about my relationship with my husband. He had asked us each a number of questions via email that we were to answer separately, without the other knowing our answers, and he used our responses to create this speech. It was so personal and the way he delivered it was hilarious at times, our guests were cracking up and "awwing" out loud as he was speaking. It was so much fun not knowing exactly what he was going to say, it was a very nice touch to an already beautiful ceremony. He was also able to work around some requests that our priest had - specifically, he did not want us breaking the glass inside the church, but Rabbi Bill was prepared with options. He suggested that we do it outside the church immediately following the receiving line and it worked out perfectly. Clearly, I would highly recommend him for all of your wedding needs!

Profile Picture Alicia, 10/24/15, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Interfaith Ceremony, Catholic, Jewish

Rabbi Bill always assures his couples that their ceremony will be the "best" and he certainly does not disappoint. We still have guests raving about the ceremony. Rabbi Bill takes the time to truly get to know the bride and groom and that comes across during the ceremony. He is pleasant, witty, and energetic. He works closely with you to craft the ceremony to be exactly what you want it to be. After sitting through a ceremony this past weekend with a dry rabbi who did not seem invested in the ceremony he was officiating that made us appreciate Rabbi Bill even more. If you want the absolute best, use Rabbi Bill!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/23/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Jewish, Single Religion, Customized Vows

Rabbi Bill did a phenomenal job for my husband and I for our wedding back in October! My husband came from an Orthodox Jewish background, and I come from a reform Jewish background. In our day to day lives we consider ourselves more culturally Jewish than religious, but wanted a ceremony that could respect our family backgrounds. Rabbi Bill was able to create a ceremony that was unique to us and what we wanted that was perfect.

Profile Picture User4691259, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Single Religion, Jewish

Loved working with Rabbi Bill! He has a great sense of humor, and made our wedding ceremony very special and personalized. Rabbi Bill was also happy to work with the pastor from my husband's church, and coordinated all of the details to make sure that everything went off without a hitch. Our guests loved his style and helped even our guests get to know us better.

Profile Picture Heather, 8/9/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I came across Rabbi Bill because we were looking for an interfaith Rabbi. I consider myself a more “cultural Jew” – I love and honor Jewish traditions, but I’m not particularly religious. It was important to me find someone who would do a mostly secular ceremony that incorporated Jewish traditions (seven blessings, stepping on the glass), without being too heavy on the “god” aspect.
Rabbi Bill was on board from the beginning – he provided us with several “sample” ceremonies, and basically gave us carte blanche to edit them down to the word. Want to use “presents this bride” instead of “gives this bride”? Sure! Want me to read the formal Hebrew and short, secular English for the seven blessings? You got it! Want this reading instead of that reading? Can do! The result was a ceremony that truly felt like “us”, and our guests raved about how personal and engaging Rabbi Bill was.
I would recommend Rabbi Bill to anyone looking for an officiant for their marriage. He was a pleasure to work with, a helpful resource, and radiated enthusiasm and excitement for our special day!

Profile Picture Melissa, 7/17/15, 3 Reviews