51 Reviews for Rabbi for Interfaith and Jewish Weddings, Bill Kurry

No Denomination (1)
Agnostic (1)
Hindu (1)
51 Rabbi for Interfaith and Jewish Weddings, Bill Kurry Reviews

Rabbi Bill did an incredible job officiating our ceremony. Not only was he a great officiant, he made us feel as though we were truly family, even though we’ve only known him for a short time. Rabbi Bill made the whole process an absolute pleasure and is also my instructor in my endeavor to convert to Judaism. I’m greatly looking forward to continuing my studies with this incredible teacher!

Profile Picture Marianne, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Bill was the perfect choice for our wedding. I am Christian and my Husband is Jewish. We wanted to have a Jewish wedding but Rabbi Bill was extremely flexible willing to include Christian components like a Christian reading. He was also willing to do a Saturday afternoon wedding for us, which was very important to us. Rabbi Bill is very professional and just a pleasure to work with overall. Even though my husband and I don't live close to Rabbi Bill, he met with us several times via FaceTime leading up to the wedding to make sure that the ceremony was planned just the way we wanted it. Through the planning process Rabbi BIll was so wonderful. He was very flexible and included all of our requests. Our family and friends thoroughly enjoyed him, saying that he was the perfect mix of funny and sincere. Our ceremony was absolutely perfect thanks to Rabbi Bill!

Photo for Rabbi for Interfaith and Jewish Weddings, Bill Kurry Review
Profile Picture Lee, 9/16/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Jewish, Interfaith Ceremony

Rabbi Bill is brilliant. We met him over coffee for a few hours and spoke over Skype for several hours to go over the ceremony. Rabbi Bill set a joyous and happy tone for the wedding which permeated throughout the rest of the event. We are an interracial couple (American and Chinese) and Rabbi Bill helped to explain all Jewish customs clearly and made everyone feel our love. Thank you Rabbi Bill

Profile Picture Bradley, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Bill was fantastic! He really took the time to get to know us through multiple Skype/Facetime sessions. He was very thorough in letting us know what to expect, and he responded to all of my emails within minutes. We received so many compliments on how personalized our ceremony was. He did a great job of incorporating other cultural traditions that we asked of him as well as keeping everyone engaged. I would 10/10 recommend him for anyone looking for an interfaith rabbi!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/25/17, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Hindu, Jewish, Interfaith Ceremony

We were in need of a Rabbi who could perform a ceremony in the state of New Jersey. We reside in the state of Virginia. So after conducting much research on the internet and reading countless reviews, we decided to request the services of Rabbi Bill Kurry. Additionally, I wanted to learn more about Judaism before our interfaith ceremony was to be performed. I spent many hours Skyping with Rabbi Bill. He was a wonderful, knowledgeable teacher! I felt very comfortable during our sessions and this is unusual for me because I am rather shy. He was very flexible with his time. When it came time for us to make preparations for our ceremony, Rabbi Bill worked with us on every detail and answered all of our many questions. Rabbi Bill and his delightful wife JoAnn even helped us find a venue! Everything came together seamlessly! Rabbi Bill is a compassionate, loving and knowledgeable individual. We liked him so much, that not only did he conduct our ceremony, but we invited him to be a guest at our reception. Rabbi Bill was the perfect choice!

Profile Picture Sandra, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Bill Kurry was an absolute pleasure to work with! The initial conversation went very well and smooth, so much so that we chose Rabbi Bill from a few officiants. Rabbi Bill is so pleasant to speak to and I love the personal touch he had with us! His approach is so amazing, using awesome questions and a few meetings, Rabbi Bill was able to give us the ceremony that we imagined having. Thank you so much Rabbi Bill. Everyone loved our ceremony. You were an awesome speaker and an awesome officiant.

Profile Picture Daniela, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Single Religion, Jewish, Customized Vows

Rabbi Bill Kurry is the best ever. He did a wonderful job officiating our ceremony and is personable, understanding, and loving individual. My husband and I were very specific about what we wanted and didn't want at our wedding as we are not religious and Rabbi Bill made us feel very accepted and heard and didn't push us to do anything we didn't want to do. Everyone also loved him! He is very light-spirited and humorous to boot! Thanks Rabbi Bill!

Profile Picture Danielle, 5/14/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Agnostic, Jewish, Customized Vows, Non-religious

Rabbi Bill co-officiated our interfaith wedding and it was amazing! He was so wonderful to work with, and really made our ceremony feel personalized and unique to us. We have had so many people tell us it was the best wedding ceremony they have ever been to. We couldn't be more happy with the choice we made to work with him!

Profile Picture User5363576, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Interfaith Ceremony, Catholic, Jewish

So, our wedding was 2 weeks ago today. Rabbi Bill was simply incredible. The ceremony, despite it being nearly 95 degrees outdoors was just beautiful. Rabbi was a pleasure to work with, he is a sincere and caring person who made the whole event very comfortable and smooth. He encouraged us to incorporate some traditional Jewish customs and were glad he did. It was the perfect blend of traditional customs and a simple laid back vibe. Our guests raved about how Rabbi personalized the ceremony which brought out the love Jill and I have for each other, family and friends. I would recommend Rabbi Bill for any couple who wants the most enjoyable and personalized wedding ceremony and experience.

Profile Picture Norm, 8/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Bill told us from the moment we met him that our ceremony would be "the best", and he was right! He created a beautiful, personalized interfaith ceremony just for us. It was elegant, charming, and funny all at the same time! All of our guests loved it, and we recieved tons of compliments about how wonderful the ceremony was. We will definitely recommend him to any friends and family who are getting married!

Profile Picture Ross, 7/31/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

From the moment we met Rabbi Bill, we knew our wedding ceremony was going to be wonderful. He was such a joy to work with and my now husband and I loved how both of our religions were brought to our wedding. Rabbi Bill found us a co-officiant, and the two of them worked so well together. It was a special occasion I will never forget!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Bill Kurry was such an amazing addition to our wedding day and we feel so lucky that we found him. Both my Husband and I are Jewish and we had to find a Rabbi who would marry us before sundown on a Saturday. We were so glad that Rabbi Bill could do it! At our first meeting, he came into the city to meet with us and spent so much time with us explaining the process and what we could expect and what we needed to get done before the big day. We were able to meet with the Rabbi throughout the process in person and via Skype (which was very convenient).

The best part is that he gave us both very specific questions about our relationship and spouse that we couldn't share with each other, which he used during the ceremony to make it so special, funny and personal. All of our friends and family members commented on how much they loved the ceremony and how Bill made it so enjoyable. He also mixed the perfect amount of Hebrew with English so that our guests could understand the ceremony but still experience the traditional Jewish traditions. I would highly recommend Rabbi Bill Kurry to anyone who wants a beautiful, meaningful and personalized ceremony!!

Profile Picture Ilene, 6/25/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Single Religion, Jewish

Rabbi Bill did a fantastic job, fully customizing our interfaith service and infusing it with personal meaning. He really listened to what we wanted and delivered in spades. He gave us the exact tone, length, and spirit we wanted for the wedding. He made sure that every word he and the priest spoke were exactly as we wanted it, and he even surprised us with an incredibly moving and wonderfully personalized speech that recounted our meeting story, our lives together, and our vision for the future. After the ceremony our guests had wonderful things to say about Rabbi Bill and we could not have been happier.

Profile Picture Jocelyn, 4/30/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Catholic, Jewish, Interfaith Ceremony

Rabbi Bill was "the best"! We found him on wedding wire, and the reviews, if it's even possible, understated how amazing Rabbi Bill was throughout the entire wedding ceremony planning process.

Since we lived in NYC, we were able to FaceTime with Rabbi Bill in order to get to know each other, discuss the details about our wedding, and plan the wedding ceremony. Typical meetings lasted 60-90 minutes, 4-5 times total. Since my wife and I are an interfaith couple, Rabbi Bill suggested we reach out to one of his friends (Father Charles "Chuck" Costello) to co-officiate the wedding - he likewise was just as great as Rabbin Bill! What I thought would be a complicated process working with two officiants turned out to work seamlessly, as we had all of our discussions directly with Rabbi Bill who subsequently worked with Father Chuck behind the scene to keep him up to speed.

Rabbi Bill was professional and FUN throughout the whole process. Everything we wanted in a ceremony he listened and executed down to the last detail--he worked with us to completely customize our interfaith wedding!

PS-- his personal remarks about the two of us stole the show at our wedding! The guests loved it!

Thanks again Rabbi Bill.

Amanda & Will
Stone House at Stirling Ridge
12/5/2015

Profile Picture William, 12/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Bill made our wedding an event to remember. We met with him a few times before the event so he could get to know us. Even if we couldn't meet face to face, Rabbi Bill was very accommodating to meet with us via FaceTime or email. He learned everything about my husband and I, and used our stories to weave together the perfect ceremony. Our guests were laughing, crying, captivated. I had so many guests come up to me after the wedding and ask for Rabbi Bill's referral! He truly made our event special and personal.

Profile Picture Lisa, 11/21/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Jewish, Single Religion

Rabbi Bill always assures his couples that their ceremony will be the "best" and he certainly does not disappoint. We still have guests raving about the ceremony. Rabbi Bill takes the time to truly get to know the bride and groom and that comes across during the ceremony. He is pleasant, witty, and energetic. He works closely with you to craft the ceremony to be exactly what you want it to be. After sitting through a ceremony this past weekend with a dry rabbi who did not seem invested in the ceremony he was officiating that made us appreciate Rabbi Bill even more. If you want the absolute best, use Rabbi Bill!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/23/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Jewish, Single Religion, Customized Vows

Rabbi Bill did a phenomenal job for my husband and I for our wedding back in October! My husband came from an Orthodox Jewish background, and I come from a reform Jewish background. In our day to day lives we consider ourselves more culturally Jewish than religious, but wanted a ceremony that could respect our family backgrounds. Rabbi Bill was able to create a ceremony that was unique to us and what we wanted that was perfect.

Profile Picture User4691259, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Single Religion, Jewish

Loved working with Rabbi Bill! He has a great sense of humor, and made our wedding ceremony very special and personalized. Rabbi Bill was also happy to work with the pastor from my husband's church, and coordinated all of the details to make sure that everything went off without a hitch. Our guests loved his style and helped even our guests get to know us better.

Profile Picture Heather, 8/9/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and i couldn't be happier that we chose Rabbi Bill to help officiate our wedding! We had Rabbi Bill as well as another officiant as well since i am jewish and my husband is catholic. They worked so well together! Rabbi Bill was amazing. He accommodated all of our wants and needs and helped make our ceremony more beautiful than we ever thought possible!

Profile Picture User5283503, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We cannot say enough positive words about how amazing Rabbi Bill Kurry was not only at our wedding but during the planning process! He came to our home 8 months before the wedding to do a meet and greet and from then on, we were hooked. Rabbi Bill took time to get to know us, our relationship and what we wanted our wedding to be. We had many skype sessions to talk to Rabbi Bill about our relationship and the ceremony itself. He gave us many options and explained the reasoning behind many traditions.
After the wedding, everyone kept saying “the Rabbi was great!” or “usually Rabbis are boring but he was perfect!” Rabbi Bill is personable, kind and not generic in any way. He makes your guests feel as if he has known you forever-which by our wedding it felt like we had. He made the planning process easy, and the day perfect. We could not have asked for anyone better.

Profile Picture Perri, 6/13/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Bill was introduced to us by our wedding planner. At our initial meeting he sat down with us both and explained to us all of the traditions that could be part of our Jewish wedding. He then asked us which traditions we would like to incorporate. He was patient in explaining why each tradition could be part of the ceremony and tried to feel out what would be important for us and our families based on the background we gave him.
In the six months from meeting Rabbi Bill until our wedding day we had the pleasure of being able to call, facetime and email him with any questions, concerns and needs. He was always quick to respond, very friendly, and treated us like we had been friends with him all our lives.
A few weeks before our wedding he sent over a series of questions for me and my husband to answer about each other, asking us to hide our responses from one another. We then sent back the reponses for Rabbi Bill to create a set of 'vows' if you will presented by him. It really gave such a personal and wonderful touch to our ceremony. After the ceremony everyone approached us to let us know how wonderful our ceremony was, how amazing our Rabbi was and how touching our stories about each other were.
If you are looking for a Rabbi for your wedding look no further than Rabbi Bill!

Profile Picture Nellie, 5/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I never had a family rabbi like many people do so when I got engaged I was quite worried as to who would marry me. I found Rabbi bill online and he officiated my wedding at the Rockleigh country club on May 9th. After the ceremony all my guests thought he was knew me my whole life. His professionalism , attentiveness , and energy is electric and I could not be happier. Every time I had a question he responded via email promptly. He had people laughing during the ceremony. He was amazing. If I could give you 10 stars I would. Thank you rabbi you are one of a kind ! Love Brittany and Chris

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Bill co-officiated my interfaith wedding with a Priest; I am Jewish and my husband is Catholic. Rabbi Bill made the entire process so easy and enjoyable. First, he takes time to sit down and get to you know as a couple during your initial meeting. He explains everything you would need to know about your ceremony, and has many, many helpful suggestions for making it flow nicely. He is also extremely flexible and really aims to make your ceremony exactly the way you want it. This was especially true for my wedding, because our Priest felt limited in what his role could be during an interfaith wedding. Rabbi Bill really took the reigns, made the Priest comfortable, and did a WONDERFUL job. Throughout the time of meeting until the wedding, Rabbi Bill is always available to Skype and meet. His goal is really to get to know the couple and that was priceless.

The ceremony itself was beautiful. Rabbi Bill really listened to the things my husband and I said about each other (what we love about each other, other anecdotes about our relationship) and crafted a ceremony that sounded like he has known us our whole lives. He delivers the perfect mix of religion/tradition, personal touches, and humor. There were quiet a few moments where his jokes got laughter from the whole place.

I have gotten SO many compliments from my guests on how great the ceremony was. Particularly, people that have never seen a Jewish wedding were especially impressed. My ceremony was perfect- in large part thanks to Rabbi Bill.

Profile Picture Valerie, 4/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

If you are looking for an officiant, look no further. Out the gate, Rabbi Bill made us feel very comfortable and was consistent and clear that the ceremony would be about us as a couple. He promised he would custom-tailor the format and style to our designs, and he delivered exactly as he promised. He is professional, with excellent and clear communications. He is punctual and flexible for meetings. We are from out of state so he met with us over Skype and Apple Facetime (he is highly adept with technology).

He is extremely knowledgeable about customs and traditions. Despite this, we never once felt as if he was pushing any specific agenda or point of view. He took careful consideration to include many traditional Jewish elements in our ceremony, but not to go as far as making it a Jewish ceremony per se. Both our Catholic and Jewish families felt the ceremony was traditional, touching, at times humorous, and above all wonderful. We received compliment after compliment about what an excellent ceremony it was, and what a great job Rabbi Bill did. 5/5; highly recommend.

Profile Picture Adam, 3/7/15, 4 Reviews