Quetzal Wedding Photo Reviews

121 | Cancun, MX

121 Reviews for Quetzal Wedding Photo

Debbie · Married on 02/15/2014

Due to a weather emergency, the photographers from the US for my daughter's wedding in Mexico couldn't make it. I had only 24 hours to find a new photographer. Bernardo and Chesira were recommended to me by the developer of several properties in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, so I put in a call to them. They responded very quickly, were available, and were extremely professional, fun, flexible, and responsive.
    They helped make a very stressful time much more relaxing, and the photos they took are absolutely beautiful. Thank you, Bernardo and Ches, for making our day special!!

Sent on 02/19/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

We are very grateful to have been part of this story. It truly was lucky not to have another event that day. We love meeting with couples with more time, on this occasion it was not necessary. Megan and Chritopher are extraordinary people and it was a pleasure taking photos of their wedding. Thanks Debbie for trusting us.

Megan · Married on 02/15/2014

Quetzal photo came through for me in a crisis in a MAJOR sort of way. I had my wedding in beautiful Playa Del Carmen, Mexico on February 15, 2014. I had booked photographers from the States (long-time friends of mine). Well, the weather had other plans! Due to a wicked snowstorm, my photographers could not make it. I had previously used Quetzal for other photos and reached out to them in a panic.

Like the consummate professionals they are, they came through for me on less than 24 hours notice. They were delightful, more than accommodating, fun and, most importantly, took absolutely GORGEOUS photos that I will cherish forever. I would HIGHLY recommend Quetzal Photo to ANYONE seeking a photographer in the Playa Del Carmen area. I guarantee you will not be disappointed!

MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!!

Sent on 03/12/2014

Lara · Married on 02/08/2014

I found Quetzal Photo on Bodas.mx and chose them because the quality of their images and their photo finishing far outweighed that of others in the Tulum/Playa del Carmen area. Chesira, Ber and Laura were an absolute pleasure to work with on our wedding day. The team was responsive during the planning stages and was expert at setting expectations so we knew what would happen on the big day. They are true artists and have a knack for capturing candid moments and this is what makes them really special. It's clear Ches and Ber have their own romantic story, and it feels awesome on your own wedding day to be cared for photographically by these two, who work together and understand the nature of capturing love on camera so well. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 03/15/2014

Mario · Married on 12/20/2013

It was a pleasure to have Quetzal Photo team on our weddding in Riviera Maya, Mexico. We have just received their amazing photos and are very happy that Ches and Bernardo were our wedding photographers. We will admire these photos for the rest of our life together!! They are truely talented, professional and fun to work with. Ches even joined our pre-event meeting to schedule perfect shootings during the ceremony and photo session, so everything went smooth on the day and they could capture every moment. The photos are artistic (not boring at all!) but not too eccentric. I like that they came up with lots of ideas about angles, posing, location and etc to take memorable photos but of course taking basic family/couple photos too. Millions of thanks again!!

Sent on 02/27/2014

Ana · Married on 11/09/2013

It was a great experience having Quetzal Photo as our wedding photographer! Both time, the wedding an the trash the dress, they were on time an with lots of positive energy and a big smile. They made an excellent work! When we receive the final photo album and the discs we knew they were the best choice ever! We hope to met with them again in another time, and get new splendid pictures!

Sent on 02/10/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Ana thank you very much for having your experience, for us it was a real pleasure to have your beautiful wedding. We hope to see you again. A big hug for you both.
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 10/21/2013

Quetzal Photo did a fabulous job with our wedding photos! The photos are so beautiful and unique. We get compliments all the time :) Ches and Bernardo were wonderful at the event as well. They got photos of all the important (and tiny!) moments, but they were never "in the way." They were very friendly and all our guests loved them. They really listened to what we wanted and they were easy to communicate with, in person and over emails. Quetzal Photo totally exceeded our expectations, especially with the high level of service they provided and the reasonable prices. They even got our photos back to us one week after the wedding! I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for high quality photography and professional, friendly service.

Sent on 02/10/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Natalie thank you very much, we really enjoyed make your wedding photos. Hugs to all the family.

Rachel · Married on 09/14/2013

Engagement shoot - Can't WAIT for them to shoot our wedding!

Ches and Heather were amazing to work with! It's always scary finding a destination wedding vendor that isn't a referral or word of mouth, but they made the process super easy They did an initial call and walked us through the entire process and made us feel so comfortable that we booked them on the spot. We were able to travel down to Cancun to visit our wedding venue in which we wanted to do our engagement shoot. They not only traveled to the venue but also scouted out the hidden gem spots before meeting up with us. They were SO creative in their pictures and really took into account the setting, our personalities, and how to many us laugh and relax. We can't WAIT for them to capture our wedding day!

Sent on 10/08/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you SO much for your kind review, Rachel! We had a great time with you both. We are very excited for your wedding day! Lots of love, and we'll see you in the spring!

Mi boda fue en Dreams Tulum, y estuvieron geniales!! Llegaron a tiempo a la sesión de getting ready, nos mandaron dos fotografos (Ber y Mel) que tienen muy buenas ideas y originales para las fotos , son muy buena onda los dos y te hacen sentir comoda!! captaron todos los momentos mas importantes que uno Suena con tener!!

Mi experiencia fue muy buena con Quetzal, fue muy buena elección que hicimos y estamos muy contentos con su trabajo y lo mejor de todo fue que nos ayudaron a plasmar los más valiosos recuerdos de nuestras vidas!!!

Sent on 02/17/2014

Daisy · Married on 05/25/2013

The pictures that were taken at my wedding have gotten nothing but great compliments. The team of photographers that worked with me at the wedding was perfect I loved them. I would hire them again in a heart beat. I have gotten many comments stating that my pictured are the best wedding pictures they have ever seen because Quetzal us that good!

Sent on 02/22/2014

Luandrei · Married on 11/24/2017

Ches, Jonathan, Kari, and Heather were fantastic! Very professional and friendly. Ches was running around the entire time capturing moments for us on our wedding day, wedging herself between awkward places just so she can get the perfect shot. We couldn't have asked for a better team. Thank you so much!

Sent on 02/19/2018

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you, Andrei. We really enjoyed your wedding. We wish you and Luanyi a long and healthy marriage. Big hugs!

Ravi · Married on 04/15/2017

Wedding photos were one of the things on my list that I was the most passionate about as that is what you will show people and use to remember your big day for (hopefully) decades to come. I put a lot of research into this and I can honestly say Quetzal Photography are one of the top Wedding Photographers in the Tulum/Playa Del Carmen area.

I was very happy not only with their level of detail, attention and professionalism on the day but love the look of my wedding photos! Trust them with your Wedding!

Sent on 08/29/2017
  • Jessica713

Jessica · Married on 06/11/2016

Absolutely loved working with Ches and Ber! We originally put a deposit down on another photographer that was an approved vendor through our resort - but who were weren't overly thrilled with, then came across Quetzal Photo on Instagram and fell in love. We cancelled our original photographer and it was one of our best wedding planning decisions. They were fun and easy to work with, and they have a beautiful style of photography. It did take longer to get our photos than we hoped (3 months), but it was well worth the wait.

Sent on 10/10/2016

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks for for your sweet words, loved working with you!!!! Wishing you so many happy years together :D

Shannon · Married on 11/09/2015

We spent a lot of time reviewing photographers portfolios in Mexico and loved the style of Quetzal. They provided exactly what we were hoping for. Lots of fun, candid, action shots from our wedding as well as the appropriate amount of the traditional posed photos that are necessary. They always responded very quickly when we emailed them and showed up to our resort on time. It can definitely be nerve-racking working with vendors in another country but we never felt worried with Quetzal. They are truly great at what they do.

Sent on 02/07/2016

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks for your kind comments Shannon, we loved working with you and wish you both so many happy years together!!!! All the best. Ches & Bernie

Marta · Married on 06/21/2014

Really profesional and amazaing photos section

Sent on 08/13/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Was a pleasure !!! We love your wedding!!! http://quetzalphoto.com/2014/07/marta-koch/

Ches and her team were wonderful!! Great with the candid shots as well as posed. She is so sweet and makes you feel very comfortable. Pictures turned out amazing!!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks a billion for your sweet words. It was a true pleasure working with you :)
    Best wishes

Quetzal photo provided us with exactly what I wanted - unique, candid, and artistic photos. The team was super friendly and easy to work with, I'm very glad we decided to go with them for our wedding.

Sent on 02/22/2016

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks for your sweet words. Loved being part of your day!!!! :D

Marsha · Married on 09/09/2014

Mark and I are so thrilled with our pictures. Thank you for making the event as easy as possible to coordinate from the US and being reliable and professional to make our wedding incredible!!!

We will use your services again as our family grows!!

Mark and Marsha Bickler

Sent on 09/30/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks Marsha and Mark . It has always been a pleasure working with you. Hope to see you soon!!

Briana · Married on 08/26/2017

2.5

Overall it was a great experience working with Quetzal photography. The only complaint I have is that I wish there were more photos of what I requested. I really wanted the reactions of my bridesmaids & my father when they saw me. I also wish I had more photos of myself in my wedding dress, but the day was rushed. The photos came out beautiful & they were fun to work with.

Sent on 11/08/2017

Briana,
    Thank you for your review. We loved your wedding and we were delighted with how the images turned out! It was a pleasure spending the day with you and Gabriel's families. We are surprised that you were not completely satisfied with what we delivered in your gallery. It's possible that we did have more images of you in your wedding dress, and we could have provided them to you if we knew that you thought there weren't enough in your gallery. We love to make our clients extremely happy and we definitely try to provide everything they request. We are always open to communicate throughout the entire process, and would have loved to know your concerns during the wedding day or after the delivery of the images, so that we could have taken more or looked for more that would meet your request. We put our hearts and soul into telling the complete story of your day in the best possible. The day was a bit rushed, but we always have time to meet your expectations. We hope you treasure your photos for many years to come.

Lauren · Married on 08/26/2016

We could not have been more happy with all of our wedding pictures! Quetzal exceeded our expectations... The energy they brought on the day was contagious and even our guests commented on how comfortable they made everyone feel. They worked well with our planner and the videographer as well, we barely noticed any of the shooters in the pictures. The Trash the Dress was also a blast with all three shooters returning!

We asked for a dozen teasers to share during our home receptions the following weekend and Quetzal sent us 60 in less than a week! We were astounded by the swift turn around and high quality.

Communication before the wedding was good, although I didn't feel that the three surveys that they requested were worth the time and effort since we ended up repeating most of the information during our in-person meeting the week before the wedding anyway. That being said, they were professional and organized throughout.

We received far more photos than we expected with over 100 for the TTD and 350 for the wedding... We absolutely got the best value for what we paid and i would HIGHLY recommend their services. Thank you Ber, Chez, Ana and all!

Sent on 12/02/2016

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks so much for your sweet comments and feedback ;) Sending much love your way

Maribel · event on: 08/15/2014

3.5
      3.5

I've had the chance to meet this couple and the two are very nice

Sent on 08/29/2014

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thanks for everything!! was a pleasure working with you!!

Taylor · event on: 11/20/2016

2.2
      0.5
      1.0
      1.5
      3.0

After a lot of research, I chose Quetzal to take our family portrait for our 2016 Christmas Card. Sadly, we are leaving Mexico without them. We received 56 images and will not be using 1. They are not a good fit for family portraits. We beilieve its the responsibility of a photographer to let you know when you need to look a certain direction, move your hair, smile, etc. From the pictures we received that clearly did not happen. Very disappointed and would not recommend this company.

We spent $450 for less than an hour and 56 terrible photographs.

Sent on 11/25/2016

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Greetings Taylor, Thank you very much for taking the time to review our services.
    While we are truly sorry we did not meet your expectations, we hope you accept the complimentary extra photos we provided as compensation for your unpleasant experience. We still love your portfolio and invite you to reconsider your thoughts. All the best