Quetzal Wedding Photo Reviews

121 | Cancun, MX

121 Reviews for Quetzal Wedding Photo

• Kate

Kate Woyski · Married on 04/06/2019

Artistic, professional, responsive! Highly recommend!

We loved our family photo session while on vacation in Tulum! Ches and Heather were a delight to work with. They set all of us at ease, even my shy daughter (4 years at the time). We will treasure the photos forever and would absolutely hire them again!

Sent on 01/15/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you, Kate! We appreciate the kind review! Your family was lovely and we hope to see you back in the Riviera Maya very soon!
  • yas

yas · Married on 03/16/2019

Highly recommend them to anyone without reservation!

Ches, Heather, and Val were the crew that photographed our wedding. From the moment we met, they were already part of the wedding party! We enjoyed every minute, and they made the whole event fun and relaxed. They were very responsive to all our inquiries. Answered every question and was very detailed with please considers of what we absolutely loved to be captured. We also got our couple's shoot with them at a secluded beach area and they sent us beautiful sneak peeks just hours after! We received our finished products and we were amazed at how they captured every moment! All of our guests kept raving about how wonderful the photos came out. I recommend them without any reservations! They are very passionate about their craft and you can see the beauty in their work!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you Yas, for the great feedback! We fell in love with you and Jet from the very beginning. We can't wait to see you back in Mexico for a family session!! Lots of love!

Brooke Leverone · Married on 03/15/2019

Fun! Easy! Beautiful!

The ladies at Quetzal were so much fun to work with! They made the day easy, light and playful. Even when we realized we were behind schedule, they kept me (the bride) calm and having fun. They worked hard with my wedding planner to make everything flow seamlessly! Heather and Chez were both so sweet and did such a great job capturing all our moments. The photos were stunning! I can't say enough about how great they came out! The creativity, the lighting effects, the quality and designs! Amazing!
    They are also extremely organized! It was really impressive how easy they made the whole process from the first moment I contacted them, to delivering the final photos.
    I can't say enough good things about working with Quetzal. Seriously, just hire them. They are the best!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Brooke,
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for this review! We loved being a part of your special day! You and Mike are really the bees' knees! Your wedding was the perfect mix of sweet, loving and fun! Your decoration and traditional Mexican style was impeccable! We can't wait to see you and Mike again, for another session and a lot more laughter! Thank you!

Nela · Married on 03/02/2019

Choose THE BEST for the most important Wedding Decision - Quetzal Photo!

First of all thank YOU a BILLION, GAZILLION, INFINITY times to the Quetzal Photo team- because without you, our day would not have been the same... You made it magical, by capturing our world, and bringing it to life.

As your biography says - you are all kind, creative, and dedicated photographers who bring out the best in each other and this shows in the interactions you have together; you don't just work together, but you are friends! Your care for each other and you pointed out details to make our day so special, and each detail can be seen PERFECTLY on photos you captured. Our friends and family ALL SAID that you made us look like a Magazine Wedding! Thank YOU for making us feel more special than we thought possible for our wedding day!

We had no idea that it would be possible to truly give us photos that we will cherish forever and beyond. Yet, even though you made each moment feel so natural and we loved being ourselves, somehow you managed to make us look so magical and dreamy in each picture!

Thank you, we have no words to describe how incredibly grateful we are that you were available to be our photographers on our wedding day! We will recommend you over and over again and when the opportunity arises we will be your clients again. Quetzal Photo is the BEST PHOTOGRAPHERS in the entire world, we truly have not found anyone else's wedding photos to be as rich, beautiful, dreamy and simply amazing as the photos you take!

We are beyond blessed that we experienced in person how you make this magic happen - thank you Quetzal Photo Magicians and Ninjas - you are so phenomenal and SUPER TALENTED!!!!

Sent on 05/31/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Marinela and Michael, Thank you SO much for the INCREDIBLE review you've left for us. We are honored to be held so high in your hearts. We loved your wedding, felt at home with your families, and were able to capture so much magic because of the energy you brought to Mexico with you. It was our pleasure and honor to be a part of one of your most special days! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
  • F

Fabiola Murillo · Married on 03/02/2019

Excellent!!!

Our experience with Quetzal Wedding was amazing!! They captured the best moments of our wedding! They were so nice to us and their work is incredible!!!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you, Fabiola! We loved being a part of your day! We are so happy that you are content and we wish you the best in the years to come!
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 02/16/2019

Ahhh-mazing!

WOW! Heather and Ches blew our minds away with our wedding photos!

My husband and I got are from the US and had a destination wedding in Mexico in February 2019. Before the wedding, we spent hours and hours searching on Wedding Wire for the perfect photographer to shoot our wedding. It was difficult because we didn't know anyone in Mexico to refer us to anyone. We were looking for a particular style. So when I came across Quetzal Wedding Photography, I instantly knew that I wanted Ches and Heather to capture our wedding day.

The process was easy. We sent a request to Quetzal to confirm their availability to photograph our wedding day. Luckliy, they were available. :) Once we confirmed their availability, we setup a welcome call to discuss what we were looking for, the amount of time we were looking for, and to go over pricing. Once we discussed all of the details and agreed, Heather and Ches sent over a contract for us to sign and to pay a deposit to secure our day. We wanted videography also - so they recommended Mike Cantarell, who they have experience working with. (See Review on Mike Cantarell as well) From there, Heather and Ches let us know if we had any questions or ideas to send them over. From the time we booked our photographers to the wedding day, we only had one thing come up that we wanted to discuss with them. I sent Heather and Ches an email and they replied the same day. We hopped on a call to discuss and they were extremely helpful. About 4 weeks before the wedding Heather and Ches sent out a questionnaire to confirm the details of our wedding and who we wanted photographed, etc. About 2 weeks before the wedding they sent out another questionnaire. Finally, the week of the wedding they sent out some helpful tips to help them capture our wedding day and helped put our mind at ease that we were in good hands.

The day of the wedding, Heather and Ches and Mike Cantarell arrived at our wedding location (Azul Fives) on time and ready for action. They captured our wedding day with such grace and ease. We received so many compliments from our wedding guests that our photographers and videographers were extremely professional and that they knew what they were doing. I was completely at ease knowing that we were in good hands. The day/night went by so fast and we were so happy with Quetzal.

After the wedding, Heather and Ches provided clear expectations as to when we could expect our wedding photographs. The timeframe to receive our pictures was about 2 1/2 months however, Heather and Ches provided us with sneak peeks about 2 weeks after the wedding so that we could share them with our friends and family.

When we received our wedding pictures back - I was BLOWN AWAY!! They were the most gorgeous pictures I had ever seen! They captured our wedding day so perfectly and we could not be more THANKFUL!

I am soo happy that we found Heather & Ches and I highly RECOMMEND them for your wedding.

P.S. Heather & Ches are so great and know the wedding business in Mexico extremely well - that they saved us a vendor fee of $800 by coming onsite to our resort with Mike Cantarell Films as one vendor. This was so great and put $800 back in our pocket.

Thank you Heather & Ches!!!

Wedding Details:

Location: Azul Fives - Playa Del Carmen, MX
    Photography: Quetzal Wedding Photography
    Videography: Mike Cantarell Films

Sent on 05/28/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

WHOA, Brittany & Derenik! Your review blew OUR minds! Thank you for putting so much time and effort into the review! We are very grateful that you were/are willing to share your wedding experience with others! We had a great connection from the beginning and it continued past the wedding day, even until now! Thank you for confiding in our services and for praising what we did well. You used so much detail...How could you remember all that? ahahahaha.

We wish you both the very best in your marriage and in the years to come. We will never forget you and we hope to see you back "south of the border" for a vacation or family session very soon!
    Lots of love from Quetzal Wedding Photo!
  • Brooke

Brooke Gruttadauria · Married on 02/14/2019

Wedding Dream Come True

I found Quetzal Photo through Instagram and knew the moment I saw their work I had to have them! They were the first decision of my wedding planning and also the easiest. They are friendly to work with and give great advice. By time the wedding came I felt like we were already friends/family. Then came the photos THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL. They are photos we will treasure for ever. My only regret is not booking them for longer.

Sent on 05/24/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Brooke, We fell in love with you and Matt since the first conversation! You are both so fun, loving, and laidback, we knew it would be a perfect fit! We thank you for your kind and warm words regarding our service, and we wish you and Matt the VERY BEST to come! Come back soon!

Priscilla · Married on 01/25/2019

Colourful, creative and the best!

Professionally, creatively and passionately! These describe quetzal best. What a pleasure to work with, and enjoy the most amazing memories with these ladies from moody black and whites to colourful and playful celebrations. We are forever grateful for their amazing capture and work of our unforgettable wedding day in paradise!
    Thank you!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Priscilla, Thank you for your sweet words! We enjoyed getting to know you over the planning portion of your wedding day all the way up to game time! You and James were a pleasure to be around, and we were happy to be a part of your day! Next time you are in the Riviera Maya, let's hit up Tulum together!!
  • Whitney

Whitney Jennings · Married on 01/15/2019

Absolutely brilliant

Ches & Heather from start to finish was brilliant, from advice to the AMAZING photography, Me and James are over the moon with all of our album! And everyone is still talking about our photos now! Highly recommendable

Sent on 06/08/2019

Whitney and James,

Thank you for the review and your positive feedback! Your wedding was truly magical, entertaining, and full of love! We will NEVER forget that sunset! Wishing you the best in the years to come!
  • Asteka

Asteka Mulugeta · Married on 01/08/2019

Exceptional photographers

Absolutely loved our photographers! They took all of the pictures we had wanted to get and came with many of their own ideas that captured all the special moments! They were fun, friendly and very professional to work with and we are very happy with the results!

The photos came out beautifully and in a very timely manner. It was so important to us to have perfect photos of our wedding that we could cherish the rest of our lives, and Quetzal Wedding Photo delivered.

We highly recommend this duo.

Sent on 10/27/2019

Asteka,
    Thank you for this positive review. We loved being a part of your special day. It was a joy to live the traditions of your culture and experience all the love between you and G. We couldn't have asked for a better day or a more enjoyable experience! Thank you from the bottom off our hearts!

Kelcie · Married on 12/17/2018

Absolutely Amazing

My husband and I decided a destination wedding was the route we wanted to go and my only condition was booking an expert photographer as I did not want to look back and regret our photos (that seems to be the number one wedding complaint I’ve heard from friends and family, not liking their photos). I researched and researched photographers local to Riviera Maya and came across Quetzal. I fell in love with their art. I submitted a request for information and immediately, Heather linked up with me and we even spoke on the phone multiple times. Planning a wedding from another country is not easy and she was so reassuring and answered my questions over and over. It was a no brainer to book Quetzal.

Come day of our wedding, Heather and Ches were punctual, friendly, and organized. They were able to simultaneously wrangle our group but without seeming like they were trying to run the show or push us into posed after posed picture. Everything they captured was so natural and candid but flattering. All of my guests remarked how great they were and couldn’t believe how quickly they moved all over the place to make sure they captured every moment. They even stayed longer than they should have at our reception to make sure they didn’t miss a moment of our dances, cake cutting, or other special moments. I sincerely appreciated that.

We also did a “trash the dress” session at a local cenote with Heather and Ches. They even picked us up from our hotel so that we were more comfortable with our travel and to spare us the cost of a taxi. I am so, so glad we added the trash the dress. The cenote and scenery was stunning. It was a such a fun, beautiful day. I feel like my husband and I were just on a date to the beach, having fun and they definitely influenced that relaxed state of mind. Even my husband who hates pictures had to agree, “it wasn’t that bad.” 😉

I have zero regrets booking Quetzal. Our pictures are absolutely amazing. I look at them and get so emotional because they captured the magic of our day so perfectly. It takes me right back to that time and everything that I was feeling. If you are in Mexico and needing a photographer, look up Quetzal Photography. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 04/17/2019

Kelcie,
    Thank you so much for the extensive and very positive review! We loved being a part of your and John's day. The setting was so intimate and perfect! You were our first beach bonfire with marshmallows and all! Your families were so kind and loving and we can't wait to see you back down here for an anniversary session! Lots of love to you both!

Robin · Married on 12/09/2018

My micheladas sisters!

My experience with Quetzal Photography was beyond incredible. Heather and Ches do everything they can to bring your wedding photos to life. From day one, they were responsive, professional and took the time the get to know myself and my husband. These ladies are extremely gifted and talented. They would move the world for you to make sure your wedding day goes as you want it to. ALL my guests complimented me on how amazing the photographers were because they were EVERYWHERE (even getting on the floor).

Sent on 04/03/2019

Robin and Sean,
    We fell in love with you from the very beginning and we will remember your wedding for EVER!! You are amazing people who deserve the best! Thank you for the great review, the amazing experiences, and the new friendship!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/04/2018

Fun, reliable, professional, and did I mention FUN?!

Going with Ches and Heather was the best decision we made for our destination wedding! We planned our Tulum wedding from Los Angeles, and having an amazing vendor like Quetzal helped ease the stress of planning remotely. They were always prompt in their responses to us, professional, and thorough in their details, making us feel confident that they had everything covered for our wedding. On top of that they were SO MUCH FUN to have at our wedding! They were the life of the party and helped capture all of the natural fun happening on our big day. They really listened to us and cared about how we wanted our wedding to be captured and they made sure that we were satisfied with the results. I cannot recommend this team enough, especially if you’re planning from afar! :)

Sent on 02/21/2019

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Jessica!!! Thank you for such a positive and extensive review! We knew from the moment we met you, that your wedding was going to be laidback and fun...but we had NO idea how much fun we would all have! We have to admit, your ceremony was unforgettable! We just know we won't have another couple with those kind of vows....EVER!

We love you both and wish you the very best marriage full of lots of laughter and love! Thank you for inviting us to share in such a special day in your lives!

Cristina · Married on 06/15/2018

When my original wedding photographer cancelled on me, I scrambled to find a wedding photographer two months before my wedding. I am so lucky that Quetzal Wedding Photo was available because the quality of their work is worth every penny. Chez and Heather are so positive and creative. They played with lighting during shots to produce some spectacular photos. They also were able to get shots from every angle from the getting ready to the reception without feeling intrusive. If you are getting married in the Yucatán peninsula, i definitely recommend that you highly consider using them as your photographer. Thank you Chez and Heather for all of my beautiful wedding pictures!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Cristina! Thank you for the positive and thoughtful review! We are so happy that we were available for your date, even if it was close to the BIG day!! We had a great time with you and Jackson! From the catamaran cruise to dancing in the rain with you, your wedding was an adventure! We loved that you and Jackson were open and willing to try anything we suggested! We wish you both the best of luck and a very happy marriage!

Brianna · Married on 05/19/2018

I cannot recommend Quetzal highly enough! They are such incredible photographers! My photos came out perfectly. They were able to capture all of my most important moments, as well as some of the funny ones. I also gave them some artistic license and wound up with some really cool and unique pictures too! They were timely, responsive, helpful and the kind of people you want to be friends with! Hire them if you can, you won't regret it!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Brianna, thank you for your review! You and Andres really know how to have fun, and we were so lucky and honored to be a part of your very special and unique wedding day! Much love to you and Andres!!

Jamie · Married on 05/13/2018

Every picture I received from Quetzal is true art. They capture the best pictures while making you feel extremely comfortable. Their team of 3 were basically my bridesmaids since I didn’t have any and helped in ways beyond I expected of them! You will consider them friends by the time it’s all said and done. My guest even commented on their hard work. I highly recommend you book them ASAP before someone else does!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Jamie, Thank you for your kind words and positive review!! We loved your wedding and all the love and support you have from all your friends and family! You're wedding truly was a rainbow!! Best wishes to you and Sam!!

Stephanie · Married on 04/28/2018

Amazing work , great vision , fantastic team ! Highly recommend Quetzal , there professionalism will give you amazing picture from your very special day !

Sent on 07/29/2018

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Stephanie!! Your wedding was a magical event! We will be talking about it for years to come! We wish you and Frank the absolute best in all your endeavors!!

Daniela · Married on 04/21/2018

If I could give QUETZAL TEN STARS I would, but since it wasn't an option, here they are -(**********) <---- ha!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Hahaha! Dani! you loved us so much, you left 2 reviews!! That's awesome!! You should change the photos so the visitors can see other photos from your dream come true wedding!! We love you too!! Thank you!

Daniela · Married on 04/21/2018

One of the first vendors we booked was our wedding photographer, Quetzal Wedding Photos. This was especially important to us and we made it a priority! We were not disappointed! Quetzal and their team were remarkable at capturing our big day and telling our complete story. I immediately fell in LOVE with Quetzal and the look and feel of their photos (you have to check out their Instagram @quetzalphoto!). However, the true connection happened when we finally met! Ches and Heather are true artists and know how important their role is in capturing such a special day! We spent various hours on the phone prior to our big day to go over their portfolio and discussed the look and style we wanted - they even made time to come up a day early to scout the location! Who does that!? They listened closely on what shots were important for us to capture and did an excellent job at executing the day of! They even accommodated us and came out two days later to give us a private portrait session that we were unable to get the day of the wedding due to the ceremony running a bit late (plan for the unexpected ladies!). They cared about telling our WHOLE story and towards the end were more like friends! They made me feel comfortable, beautiful and care free during the photo sessions. This is important, especially on a day where your nerves are at an all-time high. I have to say- taking pictures with these two ladies was one of the most memorable moments of the day! Sharing those quiet moments before the wedding chaos was priceless. I will forever remember the first look and the first time I saw my future husband dressed in his tux and the way he looked at me. It was nice to know that Ches and Heather were there to capture that special moment in time, a moment I will always remember and cherish for years to come! They are the VERY VERY VERY BEST and I know will be part of our journey for years to come :)

Sent on 10/03/2018

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

AY Dani! Such a great review!! We love you so much! We cherish the relationship that we have created with you and we will be friends for years to come. You were a dream come true bride! We love when the couple takes a genuine interest in their wedding photography and is willing to connect before and talk things out. You were attentive, kind, flexible, and understanding. We loved being a part of your day!! Thank you and best of luck with all your endeavors!

Emily · Married on 04/20/2018

I am beyond glad we went with Quetzal for our wedding photographer. When I looked at the photographer through the resort I was less than impressed and started doing my research for someone who matched the look I was going for within my budget. Quetzal fit the bill. The day of the wedding they blended in seamlessly and did a great job capturing the feel of the day. Our end product was stunning. I swear I look at our photos everyday. I would not hesitate to recommend these guys to anyone.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you, Emily!! Your wedding was beautiful and we wish you and Kyle the absolute best!!
  • Gabriela

Gabriela Gamboa · Married on 04/01/2018

bonita compañia en un momento especial

Son muy amables, atentas y transmiten alegría. Los resultados son asombrosos, este es un servicio para quienes buscan la naturalidad en el día especial. Todo es cuestión de ser quienes verdaderamente somos y ellas capturaran algo hermoso de eso.

Sent on 01/13/2020

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Muchisimas gracias, Gabriela! Nos encantaron tus palabras! Esperemos verles otra vez muy pronto! Feliz ano nuevo!

Sean · Married on 02/18/2018

Ches & Heather are fantastic – We have nothing but amazing things to say about them & their work! They are the sweetest, most easy-going people & from the moment we met them, we knew that their attitude & personalities would be a perfect fit for our wedding. When planning a destination wedding, communication with vendors tends to be difficult…you often won't get a response for days or weeks. Heather & Ches were the exception! They always responded to emails within 24 hours, and thoroughly answered all questions/addressed any concerns we might have. During the wedding planning process, they were available to offer suggestions for other vendors & help us with whatever we may need. They made a real effort to get to know us as individuals & a couple, and made it a point to have a good understanding of what we were hoping for in our wedding photos. The weekend of our wedding in February, we had several different activities planned and they were totally accommodating to be available when needed. The day of the wedding they went above and beyond to be there for all the important moments & take those must-have photos, without getting in the way or distracting anyone from the events. Even when the groom arrived late to the ceremony and pushed our whole timeline back, Ches & Heather were professional & supportive to make sure we utilized the remaining daylight to get all the photos we wanted. They even took the time to try some really creative and unique shots, which we love! The photos came out spectacular!! You can feel the emotion & candidness in each photo, and they truly represent the beauty & love of our wedding day (and rehearsal dinner)! A bonus - we were surprised & very happy to be given many more photos than expected! We could not have been more pleased with the end result, they are true artists & are gifted at what they do. We are so grateful to have made a connection & friendship with the lovely Ches & Heather! You won't regret booking Quetzal! We love you guys!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Wow! Thank you SO much for your very kind words, Sean! We consider ourselves extremely blessed to have crossed paths with you and Sophie. You are an amazing, fun, down-to-earth, motivated couple whose love makes both of you glow! Forever friends and hopefully, you'll return for family photos!! Lots of love to you both now and forever.

Sul · Married on 02/17/2018

They really deserve all five stars in each of these categories, these aren't just default ratings. They truly are amazing people to work with, so creative and alive in what they do, capturing beautiful images and everything around your special day. You can tell they love they're work and are so accommodating. They will work with you and make you feel so special and comfortable posing. They encourage what comes naturally to you as a couple. The pictures turned out phenomenally, far better than we could have imagined! If we can use them again in the future, we most definitely will. You will not regret working with them.

Sent on 05/28/2018

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you so much, Sul!! We had a great time with you and Alex on your special day! The emotion between the two of you was so natural and beautiful, and of course we will never forget playing with the seagulls!! Thank you for your kind review!

Catherine · Married on 01/26/2018

The best photographers ever! I am so in love and happy with our photos, that I am so glad I did not settle for less! I took my time doing some research and thanks to Pinterest I found Quetzal! Ches and Heather were so amazing, and so kind, fun, and easy to work with! Even though we are not photogenic at all, they made it fun and comfortable for us. We get nothing but great compliments on our photos! With their love and passion for photography, they capture nothing but the best! It’s truly a work of art! As this is my only memory left of our special day, and I’m so glad I chose them to capture our story!

Sent on 04/11/2018

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Catherine! We love you and Ryan! Thank you for your positive review! We are SO happy that you are in love with your wedding story! It was a super fun and inspiring story to tell. You and your families made our work very enjoyable! Congratulations and we hope to see you back in the Riviera Maya for a family session some day!

Philip · Married on 12/15/2017

The photographers from Quetzal Wedding Photography were fantastic and we loved the photos. After the wedding ceremony the sunlight was quickly fleeting and they worked and flawlessly with speed and professionalism! My wife and I were thrilled with their work and the quick turnaround time for the photos.

You will be in good hands with Queztal.

Sent on 02/02/2018

Quetzal Wedding Photo's reply:

Thank you so much for your positive review, Phillip! We loved your ceremony in Tulum and all the unique touches you and Frances brought to the celebration. Thank you for inviting us into your special day!