Q Makeup Artist Reviews

80 | Dallas, TX

80 Reviews for Q Makeup Artist

Ashley · Married on 06/26/2016

Having Quynh as my makeup artist for my wedding day was one of the best decisions I've ever made. She is kind, honest, and her work is absolutely stunning. She took the time to understand the look I wanted and made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day. The moment I met her, I trusted her completely. I made sure to book her well over a year in advance because she books up fast. On the actual wedding day, she was on time and made sure that my bridesmaids and I looked beautiful. My makeup lasted all day and I can't thank her enough for doing such a phenomenal job.

Sent on 07/16/2016

Quynh is very talented. She came and did makeup and hair for me and makeup only for my wedding party (4 bridesmaids + mother + mother in law) on 6/25. The start time of the tea ceremony was 10 so we had to start super early to be on time. We started the day at 5am and Q was very punctual. She made all of us looked so natural and beautiful. She was so easy to talk to- my family loved chatting with her during the makeup process. Everyone had so much fun and she answered all of our makeup questions. I normally don't wear any makeup and she made a more glamorous version of me- yet still very natural. The hair and makeup stayed all day- through the humidity, windiness of the outside photos- the sweatiness of the dancing! I didn't have to touch up anything despite changing hats (it was a Vietnamese ceremony)/ putting on the veil/ changing outfits. I am really glad that I was able to book Quynh for my wedding. I highly recommend her!!

Sent on 06/28/2016
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 06/18/2016

Quynh is AMAZINGLY TALENTED!!! She did my MU + hair for both my engagement and wedding. Let me tell you, choosing Q was one of the best decisions ever! As an Asian, I've struggled far too often with getting the right MU. I've had disasters in the past where people just try to either make me look like a Geisha or overdo the cat eyes (yuck!!). I don't normally put on MU, so I wanted to look natural, be comfortable, but feel beautiful...all at the same time. QUYNH JUST GETS IT. She has the superpower to look at a face and know exactly how to bring out the best features in a way that is natural and beautiful. On my wedding day, she made me and my bridesmaids all look stunning. In fact, I loved my MU + hair so much that I stared at myself in the mirror for good while before walking down the isle. At that moment, I truly felt like a bride (a truly amazing feeling). I knew my husband, as well as my guests, all resonated with me as I walked down the isle. During the ceremony, my husband even had tears held back in his eyes (LOL he is normally a robot). So, in summary, Q did amazing!!!

Quynh is also very profession yet easy to work with. I signed my contract with Q almost a whole year before the wedding. At at time, I didn't know how many bridesmaids or how many hair/MU I was going to need. Q was very understanding and accommodating. I also had to take her to Orlando for my engagement session, which was a major operation. But Q was super flexible. So, coordination was easy and the trip was super fun!!

Q's efficiency is impressive! On my wedding day, we had a total of 9 MU's and 5 hairs to do. We were on a tight schedule, no 2nd MUA. Q showed up on time as planned, and finished everything on time! Q is fast when she is in her zone!!! Also, Q has such a lovely personality, it is hard not to want her. I immediately bonded and fell in love with her after the first time we met in person. On my wedding day, all my bridesmaids got to meet her and they all LOVED her!!!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Katy · Married on 06/11/2016

I do think I've told everyone I possibly can how Quynh truly saved the day, but if I can tell more I'll do that now! The day before my bridal portraits (about a month before the wedding) I found out the woman I had booked for hair and makeup didn't have me on her schedule for bridals. After arguing with her about if I had an appointment and her finally trying to "squeeze me in" I told her we would no longer need her services. I lucked into finding someone just for portrait makeup and found a new salon to work with us on short notice. the TUESDAY before our Saturday wedding I was trying to get a trial run in and found that we were not on their schedule either. Cue MAJOR bridal freakout. Again, LUCKILY @allentsaiphoto was able to calm me down and put me in touch with Quynh. The next morning I was getting my trial and creating a day of schedule with her and OHMYGOSH was she amazing. Kind and understanding, singularly talented, and perfectly professional. Our wedding day went so smoothly and Quynh was a huge part of that.

Sent on 07/23/2017
  • Q

Quyen · Married on 05/21/2016

Loved having Quynh do my bridal's hair and makeup. Quynh did my hair and makeup for my wedding on the 21th of May and she did such a stunning job! I couldn't believe the transformation. She listened to what I wanted, but still gave honest recommendations of what would work and would not. She was fun, upbeat, punctual and the absolute professional! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/26/2016
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 05/20/2016

If you're looking for a make up and hair artist look no further! Q is by far the most talented, sweetest, and helpful person you'll find. Obviously choosing and trusting someone to do your hair and make up for the most important day of your life is a pretty big deal and I was having the hardest time finding that perfect person. I was SOO thankful and blessed when I finally came across Q and after having a trial with her I fell in love with her work and her fun spirit. She turns you into the most beautiful you and I can't thank her enough for making me feel like the most beautiful bride on my wedding day! She did so awesome on my mom and all my bridesmaids too. Everyone wants her to come over and do their hair and make up everyday. However you want to look, whatever preferences you might have, she makes it happen!!! She truly wants the best for you on your special day and will bend over backwards to make it happen. She works hard and is honestly the best you will find!!! I would also refer her to anyone who just needs make up and hair for a special occasion. She does it all! Love you Q!!

Sent on 06/02/2016

Quynh was amazing! She is very easy to work with and is very responsive. Quynh did my hair & make-up for my wedding as well as my bridesmaids. They all looked absolutely beautiful. Her style is natural with just the right amount of glamour. Would recommend her to everyone.

Sent on 05/15/2016

Renee · Married on 05/07/2016

Q did my makeup and hair for my wedding day. She’s flexible, responsive, professional and such a sweet person to have on your wedding day. Let me tell you how well her makeup work stayed on my face. I got my makeup done at 10AM and didn’t get to look at myself in the mirror until 11:30PM and it looked exactly the same. I was so surprised because this is after crazy happy dancing, sweating and taking photos outside with major wind blowing all day long. Her make up doesn’t make you feel like you’re caked with layers of makeup piled on top of your skin, she made sure I was feeling beautiful after her work. I can’t thank her enough. <3

Sent on 06/02/2016

Jacquelyn · Married on 04/30/2016

Quynh was awesome to work with! I have had 3 different visits with her. Once for my sister's wedding (everyone who had their make up done by Quynh looked great!), once for engagement photos, and for my own wedding day. The mothers, 4 bridesmaids, and I had our make up and hair done. Everyone got compliments on how great they looked! She is very friendly, flexible, and enjoyable to work with. I would recommend her to anyone who values great work and artistry!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Tasha · Married on 04/17/2016

I highly recommend Q for any hair and makeup needs! She is very professional and makes sure you look and feel your best on your big wedding day. I had flown her in to do my makeup as well as my bridesmaids, and we all loved what she had done. Her works definitely speaks for itself :)

Sent on 06/04/2016

Q did hair and makeup for 13 people at my wedding!! She did an amazing job managing time and so many girls! Everyone absolutely loved their hair and makeup. Our wedding party looked gorgeous!

Sent on 01/19/2016

Christina · Married on 10/10/2015

Quynh did the makeup for my 4 bridesmaids in addition to my hair and makeup and she did a wonderful job! One of the most important things for me while selecting vendors was responsiveness, and she never took more than 24 hours to respond to any email or text inquiries. She was on time on the day of and such a pleasure to work with. The makeup lasted all night long and the pictures came out gorgeous! I can't wait to work with her again in the future for special occasions. Thank you so much, Quynh!

Sent on 10/15/2015

Mychi · Married on 10/03/2015

Q did my hair and makeup for my wedding day, it was absolutely beautiful. She knew how to style my hair and made the curls last till the next day. She goes above and beyond in making you feel gorgeous on your special day!!!! Highly recommend her!!!

Sent on 10/09/2015

Quynh is so sweet and talented! She did my hair and make up for my engagement photo session, bridal portraits, and wedding day. I received so many compliments, and it's all thanks to her for making me feel beautiful inside and out :) She listened to what I wanted, and it was exactly how I pictured myself. I couldn't get over at how glam and gorgeous I looked and felt! Besides the great hair and make up, she also gave great tips on how to prepare for the wedding day, and made some product recommendations. Such a great person to work with, and I highly recommend her for your beauty needs! She should be your first vendor to book because her schedule fills up fast! Quynh, you're the best! Thank you again! :) <3

Grace · Married on 09/12/2015

Q is professional, sweet, flexible and shows her passion in what she does! She understands the fine balance between looking glam but still "yourself but enhanced" on your wedding day. She's able to work with different age groups and brings out the beauty in each person-always with a smile and positive attitude.
    from: Grace 9/12 Wedding

Sent on 09/15/2015

Ariza · Married on 09/06/2015

Q was amazing! I had gone through 2 other makeup artists for my wedding and had several friends who recommended Q so I messaged her for a trial and got an immediate response. She made me feel so comfortable and most importantly I felt absolutely beautiful! I booked her right away and she did my makeup along with my mom and 4 other bridesmaids. We had so much fun and she did a wonderful job! One of my bridesmaids actually ran away from the mirror when Q turned her around because she couldn't believe how good she looked! It was a moment I will never forget. I highly recommend Q for anytime you want to get glammed up!

Sent on 10/17/2015

I love Q Makeup Artist and highly recommend her to my friends! Quynh is very talented make-up artist, perfectionist and makes your engagement and wedding make-up look flawless. She is also very sweet, you can truly see that she enjoys her job and learning more about her clients and their big day. She gets really busy so I recommend you book her FAST and EARLY! I was only lucky enough to book her for my own make-up for engagement and bridal, but I booked too late and couldn't get my whole wedding party.

Sent on 09/15/2015

After contacting no less than 8 different makeup artists in the greater DFW area, and am so so so happy to have booked Quynh! I did a ton or comparisons, looked at social media and real life weddings, and found her style to be amazing. I had might mares about not being ready in time on my wedding day, so once I booked her it was a weight off my shoulders. She was ahead of schedule actually, and did close to 10 applications in my wedding suite in downtown Fort Worth. She and her sister were so down to earth, funny and professional. They had a great system, and we all loved the pampering! I would book her a million times over and highly suggest! My makeup was absolutely flawless.

Sent on 09/10/2015

Judy · Married on 07/24/2015

Quynh was the ONLY vendor that I did not have to worry about. I had an early wedding so we had to get ready very early. She was prompt, professional, confident, and sweet. I absolutely LOVED the way the makeup turned out. She is super talented and is truly an artist! She knows exactly where to highlight and enhance all my features without making it feel like I'm wearing pounds of makeup. The makeup was exactly what I wanted which was very soft and natural. I am super glad and super lucky that I got Quynh to do my makeup for my big day! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Shaina · Married on 07/11/2015

Quynh was amazing through my entire wedding process. From the moment I contacted her for hair & make-up for my bridesmaids, she had been super easy to talk to and work with. She was always quick to respond, which is such a stress relieving factor for a bride during planning. She was super flexible and explained everything in a professional manner. And of course, her work was amazing. My bridesmaids looked beautiful, I was in awe when I saw them. I could have not asked for someone better for this job :) Highly recommend her!!!

Sent on 10/09/2015

Q did my makeup for my engagement photos and also for my wedding for me and two of my bridesmaids. She is very talented and does a great job! Makeup lasted over 12 hours even though we were sweating during pictures. She is also very friendly and accomodating- highly recommend!

Sent on 06/23/2015

Jenny · Married on 05/17/2015

I love the way she did our makeups on my wedding it!!! The makeup looks natural. The bridesmaids and I makeups and hairs last through the night and we dance lot!!! She's an outstanding person. She make you feel comfortable by having conversations with you while doing your makeup and hair. I had a lot of fun just chatting with her, like we've knew each other for awhile. Overall, I love her work and her personality. I would recommend her to everybody.

Sent on 07/31/2015

Jessica · Married on 05/09/2015

Q is amazing! She did my makeup for my wedding as well as my 4 bridesmaids and 2 mothers, and all of us looked gorgeous in every photo. My mothers looked so beautiful! Also, I was hesitant about wearing fake eyelashes, but the ones she used were so light and didn't droop at all. They stayed on for the whole day. Actually, all of the makeup stayed on for the whole day, and didn't get messed up, even during our teary moments! haha

Sent on 06/05/2015

Jennie · Married on 04/25/2015

Quynh saved the day for me! My wedding was on April 25th and like a typical bride, I was so busy and overwhelmed booking vendors left and right. Next thing I know, it was 3 weeks before the wedding and I didn't even book a make up artist to do my make up yet. Ahh! I heard about Quynh through my sister who said that Quynh did phenomenal. Only thing was that Quynh recently got married and at that moment was on her honeymoon. I took a chance and reached out to her anyway. Within 24 hours, I was surprised that Quynh contacted me back! Although she was already booked on morning of the 25th, she was so kind enough to work with me and was able to squeeze me in that day. I was over the moon!!
    On the wedding day, Quynh came to our hotel room and started on my mother and my sister's make up. They looked amazing when she was done! When she finished my make up, I was speechless! She made me look flawless and natural. It was everything that I envisioned I would look like as a bride on my wedding day. I couldn't be any happier!! Quynh made it look so effortless. She is such a true artist and as sweet as can be!
    The best thing was that my wedding day lasted over 12 hours, but my make up was still perfect ALL DAY LONG!!! Quynh told me it would and she was absolutely right! I can't thank her enough for making my wedding day extra special and stress-free! I would highly recommend Quynh to all of my bride-to-be Dallas girlfriends, hands down!

Sent on 08/27/2015

Mackenzie Betty · Married on

AMAZING Makeup Artist/ Hair Stylist!

If you are looking for an incredible makeup artist and hair stylist, then Q is your girl! She does amazing work, and uses all of the best products! She is so sweet, fun, and down to earth. I am so grateful that she made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 01/15/2019