Putting on the Ritz ,Catering Reviews

Putting on the Ritz ,Catering 1
Putting on the Ritz ,Catering 2
Putting on the Ritz ,Catering 3

Brandi · Married on 04/16/2016

Amazing food, great quality! Even my super picky cousin said he liked the chicken!!! (that's a big deal...lol) Everything was wonderful - one small snafu with having the wrong beer at the reception (Miller lite as opposed to Coors Light), but no one else knew except us and my Hubby (the groom) just drank a different beer and all was well with the world. Would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Food was delicious and the catering staff were amazing and took care of us! They saved us hors d'oeuvres from cocktail hour and made sure we had everything we needed. We did a dessert table of desserts brought by different people and they put it all together to look so good and we even had a guest tell us that the dinner was the best chicken she's ever had at a wedding! So we enjoyed the food, the guests enjoyed the food, and we had a great time.

Sent on 02/10/2016
  • User6192270 · 2+ years ago

Putting on the Ritz did a great job for my daughter's January 9th wedding reception. We had stationary appetizers and a seated dinner. They set the reception venue up beautifully, taking great care with my personal ( and antique) items. The food was beautifully presented and was delicious. We choose three different entrees ( beef kabobs, chicken with Boursin, and wild mushroom strudel) plus a kids meal. At the end of the evening, they were a huge help in getting out centerpieces packed up and to the car. Next time we have a large event, I will definitely call them.

Sent on 01/13/2016

I was the fourth wedding Putting on the Ritz catered within my family. They are the best value out there. Great food, great service, great prices. Everyone has told me how much they enjoyed their meal and the service was impeccable. They will make sure their service works for your budget and our total professionals when it comes to the big day. Their open bar plans are the best value around. They are familiar with most venues in the DC/Baltimore metro area and if you are able to find a venue that allows outside caterers, book them!

Sent on 04/26/2016

Kristina · Married on 10/24/2015

We were so lucky to work with Bobby Mitchell & his Putting on The Ritz team through our wedding planning they process. The service was exceptional. Our guests raved about the food - especially the grilled cheese bar at our cocktail hour! We've had crab cakes at other large events and were never pleased but the crab cakes from POTR were truly MD style lump crab cakes - over 75% of our guests had these and LOVED them. The presentation of everything from the bars, cocktail hour apps, dinner & dessert table was phenomenal. Bobby helped us not only with our food options but also with our linens, floor plan, heater recommendations, etc. He is extremely knowledgable about the entire wedding / event planning process so it was awesome to have him as a resource - it truly was full service. My husband and I cannot say enough great things about Bobby and his team!!!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Evelie · Married on 10/10/2015

We contracted with Putting On The Ritz at The Great Room at Savage Mill for our daughter's wedding. We couldn't have been more pleased with everything! We worked with Angie and she is fantastic! She is a true professional in every way. All of our questions were always answered in a timely manner and she made sure everything ran smoothly and our guests were satisfied. The food and service was exceptional and the presentation awesome. Our guests still tell us that was the best wedding food they had ever eaten. We highly recommend Angie and Putting On The Ritz!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Eryn · Married on 10/02/2015

Nothing but the kindest words to leave about POTR. We came across them through WW, and after meeting with Shawn (who is sadly no longer with POTR), we were sold. She worked closely with use to meet our budget and culinary needs. After Shawn's departure we were then handled by Bobby, owner of POTR. And what a joy it was! Bobby, along with his assistant Sue, was very attentive and cooperative in helping realize our vision and offering our guests some truly amazing food!

The food displays were right in line with our wishes, and the food itself was to die for; special shout out to their Mini Cubans and Jasmine Rice! Everyone knows the food at your wedding is one of the main things people will remember, and this is one thing you don't have to worry about if you use POTR. Their food was consistent from tasting to the table. Everything was simply delectable!

The day-of staff was so responsive and attentive to our needs, even moving our bar around and being flexible enough to keep our cocktail and reception times on schedule after rain threw a kink in our overall plans for the day. Nothing but positive things to say about this team! This is a no brainer; POTR is the premiere wedding caterer in the Baltimore/Washington area and we feel fortunate to have been able to utilize their superior service on our special day!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Janice · Married on 09/26/2015

Fabulous food!
    Great, professional catering service provided for outdoor home wedding! These folks were AMAZING! Look no further. We used Bobby.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Kelly · Married on 09/26/2015

Although we didn't get to eat much at the wedding, the guests ranted and raved about how great the good was! Bobby and his staff were very kind and professional. My husband and I especially enjoyed the tastings prior to the wedding! He was very flexible with providing different options for children and guests who did not eat beef or pork. They also had beautiful linens to choose from. I can't wait to have another big event so I can hire them again!!!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Bobby did an amazing job. Food was excellent, service was seamless. No detail was overlooked. Great job.

Sent on 10/05/2015

I worked with Claudia at Putting on the Ritz and could not have made a better choice for a caterer. I did a lot of research, comparing prices and offerings and this company had by far the best value. Claudia was fantastic to work with, answering the millions of questions I had through the process with a very quick turnaround. And of course the most important part...the food! SO GOOD. We got a dual entree of crab cake and filet and it was amazing. My husband is picky with his crab cakes as his family was from Maryland and he highly approved. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Our guests can not stop talking about how wonderful the food and presentation was at our wedding. Bobby and his crew did a wonderful job and made the day a complete success. The appetizers were to die for, and the main course was the biggest success we could hope for, even to having a crab cake in Baltimore:) Some of our guests had weddings in the past, and they were amazed that the owner was actually present at our wedding, having experienced the owner promising to be present but then having to get called away at the last minute. One of our friends owns a restaurant and commented that he would hire Bobby's staff in a minute because of their work ethic and professionalism. The food was a marvelous success and Bobby allowed us to relax during this stressful day. Bobby and his staff were very attentive to our needs, and worked with us all of the way during the planning.

Sent on 09/16/2012

Jocelyn · Married on 07/31/2015

Rachael was a wonderful event manager with POTR! We were actually transferred to her about a month before the wedding, but the transition was handled very well. We met with her right away to get on the same page and go over last minute details. Rachael was friendly and always willing to answer my many questions via phone or email! Our reception was at the Savage Mill Manor, and everything went perfectly. The buffet was delicious, and the main room and lobby were beautifully decorated with everything that we were able to drop off at the office a few days before. We highly recommend POTR, and thank you so much to Rachael!

Sent on 08/09/2015

Our ceremony and reception were held at the Great Room, which is exclusive to Putting on the Ritz for catering. The food was AMAZING and we have heard rave reviews from our guests. The staff was professional and courteous. We would definitely recommend and would use again for a large scale party.

Sent on 07/29/2015

Their food was delicious, all the guest at our wedding raved about the food. They did awesome job and would recommend them 100%...

Sent on 08/01/2015

Lashanda · Married on 06/12/2015

Great!!! The food was awesome and Rachel was a pleasure to work with,

Sent on 06/25/2015
  • Tinny

Tinny · Married on 05/29/2015

POTR catered my wedding this past May. We found them through weddingwire…with so many catering companies it’s difficult to find a great vendor that supplies good food and service. POTR, along Claudia exceeded out expectations!

Our venue was extremely strict with rules in terms of entering the venue, food, wine, etc. POTR catered so many weddings there, and they already knew all about the rules and reassured us that nothing would jeopardize our deposit. Claudia also knew the layout of our wedding venue and was extremely helpful in constructing our floor plan during our vendors meeting a month before the wedding. Despite a miscommunication incident with our venue, Claudia told us not to worry. They told us they will take care of it and to enjoy our day. This is the type of vendor you want to ease the stress of wedding planning.

Along with the exceptional service, food was fantastic. Our guest could not stop raving about cocktail hour! The best part is, POTR is reasonably priced, so you can get great food and service without breaking the bank.

Sent on 06/09/2015

Sharon · Married on 05/09/2015

You did an amazing job with my daughters wedding. Everyone has told me the food was great, and the service spectacular!!!

Sent on 05/12/2015
  • User4761972 · 2+ years ago

Putting on the Ritz catering is the absolute best! The food is delicious and the staff wonderful. Rachael Severino was our point of contact and she did an amazing job coordinating my daughter's wedding reception. She and her staff took care of every detail to ensure that our event was a success. My guests have been raving about how delicious the food was and were extremely impressed by the level of service that Rachael and her staff provided. I can't adequately express my gratitude. I will definitely use them again and will recommend them to all of my friends.

Sent on 02/03/2015

Putting on the Ritz went above and beyond just catering - their service on our wedding day, from delivering excellent food to managing a few minor and one major crises, was simply amazing.

We worked with Bobby and Sarah for our December 6 wedding at the Carnegie Institute. Bobby hosted us at the tasting at the POTR HQ and we loved everything he served. Selecting the salmon and beef tenderloin was the hardest decision we made for our wedding. Bobby was also available via phone and email anytime we had a question. He worked with us on the alcohol delivery and met with us a week early to walk through everything with Sarah, who was our day-of point of contact. Let me just say that Sarah is AMAZING - without her our wedding would not have been as special. She helped us through a MAJOR crisis when our flowers were delivered to the wrong address (that's right, we had NO flowers). She quickly found a local florist, made the order, AND picked up the flowers for us. This was incredible and saved the wedding. She also helped one of the bridesmaids through a minor rip in her dress. And, after going through the alcohol order - she noticed a bottle was missing (not POTR's fault) - she ran to the closest liquor store and bought it for us. Aside from all that, she basically coordinated the wedding by telling the wedding party when to walk, when to seat people, etc. The food and wait staff were superb but it was just a side benefit of the wonderful service we enjoyed from POTR. POTR is the best caterer out there, we are lucky we found them!

Sent on 01/05/2015
  • User1195171 · 2+ years ago

Angie was simply AMAZING. She was beyond helpful with the flow of things and calming my nerves. The food was outstanding and well priced. This place is a Gem!

Sent on 11/30/2014

Jessica · Married on 11/15/2014

Putting on the Ritz Catering is the exclusive caterer for The Great Room at Savage Mill and they were excellent! The food was brought out quickly and it was delicious! Guests raved about the food, especially the salmon! There was not a single thing I would change about the service we received. Angie was amazing and wonderful to work with. From the moment we booked, I knew I had nothing to worry about! I knew that with her help our wedding would turn out great and it did! I am very happy we chose to have our wedding at The Great Room. The room was set up beautifully and the staff was friendly and efficient. Thank you!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Tracey · Married on 10/18/2014

I worked with Rachael to plan my ceremony and reception at the Historic Savage Mill Manor, and she was great! I had tons of questions, sometimes the same one more than once, and she always answered them promptly and professionally. The day of was also perfect! Everything ran smoothly, and the buffet dinner was delicious! Many guests said it was the best wedding food they ever had, and I believe it! I also loved how we were served first, while the rest of the guests were dismissed to the buffet. We were even brought over a plate of appetizers, since we were taking pictures during the cocktail hour. How thoughtful is that? We were able to eat, and then were able to visit with guests after. All in all a fabulous night, in a beautiful setting.

Sent on 11/22/2014

heather · Married on 08/30/2014

Food was amazing!!! They were awesome so Polite and helpful

Sent on 11/01/2014

Cori · Married on 08/23/2014

We worked with Angie Wise at the Great Room at Savage Mill and she was a fantastic liaison for both ceremony/reception planning and execution and all things catering. The best two things about Putting on the Ritz are 1) their extensive experience in the wedding catering business, and 2) the food. The food was AMAZING. It was great at the tasting, but it was even better at our wedding! Every time we talk to a guest about the wedding the food is complimented. Angie made the process easy; she was very responsive to our questions and withheld no information. The billing staff at POTR made questions and payments easy as well. Day-of, everything was taken care of and I (the bride) had zero things to worry about. My only complaint: the tablecloths were royal blue instead of the navy we had discussed. This is so minor though that I think they whole-heartedly deserve a 5 star rating.

Sent on 09/08/2014