Putting on the Ritz ,Catering Reviews

Putting on the Ritz ,Catering 1
Putting on the Ritz ,Catering 2
Putting on the Ritz ,Catering 3

Cristine · Married on 08/06/2017

We loved working with Rachael and Putting on the Ritz! We hired POTR to cater our wedding reception at the recommendation of friends who utilized their services for their wedding and we were very pleased with the food and service provided! We reached out to several caterers during the planning process. Several did not respond and of those that did, many were far outside of our budget. POTR was very different from the other caterers we contacted. We worked with Rachael Severino and she was amazing. Rachael was very prompt in her communication with us and was very flexible to our requests, changes, and many questions. Rachael and POTR gave us a very professional, thorough, and comprehensive quote, tasting, and consultation services while working within our budget. We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Newton White Mansion and were comforted in knowing that POTR had done events there before and very confident in their recommendations related to the venue. Rachael/POTR had also worked with our coordinators (M&M Creative Events) which added another layer of ease and comfort as we planned this important event. Overall, we were very happy with the services provided and would recommend POTR without hesitation. Thank you!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Kinyatta · Married on 07/08/2017

Putting On The Ritz (POTR) provided top of the line service for my wedding reception. I could not have been more pleased with the quality, and flavor of the food, and the level of detail that went into planning for my wedding reception well in advance. I was totally anal about the buffet and appetizer station set -up and they totally delivered and exceeded my expectations! The event staff was amazing! My guests barely lifted a finger all night. But my entire experience with this company started with the event Manager Rachael. From Day 1, it was almost like talking to a BFF. She was sweet, knowledgeable, accommodating, extremely responsive and patient. I really can't say enough good things about POTR! I would use them again without reservation.

Sent on 07/12/2017

Sue · Married on 07/07/2017

Professional service all around!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Stephanie · Married on 07/07/2017

Professional from first meeting to the end of our reception! Delicious food and staff was very friendly!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Michele · Married on 07/02/2017

Putting on the Ritz takes care of not only the guests, but makes sure the bride and groom are okay. POTR served the bride and groom even though it was buffet style. That alone tells you that POTR cares.

Also POTR has two to-go plates ready for the bride and the groom to take with them.

Every bride and groom should use POTR. As a past bride to a future bride, this was the best and easiest decision ever!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Melanie · Married on 06/30/2017

Thank you so much for your services and attention to detail! My day was perfect!

Sent on 07/07/2017
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 06/17/2017

Whatever you do please at least visit this company for a taste test. I was thoroughly impressed with the tasting. I actually booked this company for my catering everything is inclusive and they helped me find an menu that fit my budget but still very appeasing to my guest. Rachel is who I am working with and she is the Absolute Best!

Sent on 02/08/2017

Lin · Married on 05/28/2017

We chose Putting on the Ritz at the recommendation of our wedding planner (Lee at Elizabeth Bailey Weddings)! We fell in love with the service and the food from our tasting meeting. We worked with Claudia, and she was incredibly kind, patient, and funny! Claudia and her team were super professional, and very detail oriented. On our wedding day, they remembered to serve a special dinner for my mother-in-law, and they packed up so many delicious left-overs for us (since the newly-weds are usually starving at the end of the day!) We had guests come to us all day raving about our appetizers, the dinner, and all the desserts! Putting on the Ritz was so accommodating, we had last minute rain (!) on our wedding day, and somehow they were still able to set up beautiful food displays without a hitch! I whole-heartedly recommend this caterer -- (and I'm just gonna put in my last two cents here, get the grit cakes and the garlic mashed potatoes, and you won't be sorry!)

Sent on 06/08/2017
  • I

Ilona · Married on 05/21/2017

Putting on the Ritz catered our wedding, and they exceeded our expectations! Neil was very helpful and went above and beyond to make sure we very happy with the food and the service. Our guests kept asking who the caterer was as everyone was impressed. Thank you for making our big day even more special!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Putting on the Ritz came highly recommended! This was the first caterer that we met with and we knew at the tasting that they were the one. The food is magnificent and the staff are absolutely amazing. They far exceeded our expections!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Jeremy · Married on 05/06/2017

Putting on the Ritz was really great to work with from day one. Rachael put together a wonderful menu for us and was great from the tasting up until the event. We were also lucky enough to have Paul on the day of the wedding, and he was wonderful to work with. The entire staff made the day so amazing and stress fee. We have been getting compliments on the food from all of our guests even a few days after the wedding.

Sent on 05/08/2017

Archbishop Carroll High · Married on 04/21/2017

The food was great and the service was professional, accommodating and flexible. We needed to change a location of one of the food stations after prom started and the staff changed everything without batting an eye with a smile on their faces! Wonderful! I highly recommend Putting on the Ritz for your next event no matter what the event is.

Sent on 05/11/2017

Amelia · Married on 04/09/2017

Rachel at Puttin on the Ritz was great to work with. She was very accommodating to our requests and understood our desire for a more casual wedding but still nice. The price per person was a good value and the best part is that they let us bring our own alcohol, which saved a lot. We also brought in our own dessert (specialty ice cream), which they served and even stored for us before and after the wedding day. Puttin on the Ritz packed up the leftovers for us and we got to eat their delicious food a few times. My husband especially loved their pulled pork! Our wedding was at Historic Savage Mill Manor company owns, so they knew the venue well.

Sent on 04/23/2017
  • Carly Michelle

Carly · Married on 02/25/2017

COMPLETED EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS!!!! Angie and the staff from Putting on the Ritz are unbelievable. She worked tirelessly for months to address my countless questions and concerns. She is sweet, professional, and extremely responsive (a quality I value significantly in a working relationship). The day of the event, the venue could not have looked more beautiful thanks to her and her staff. The food was incredible and every single one of my guests have been raving about it ever since. Putting on the Ritz is amazing at what they do. I cannot possibly thank them enough for making my wedding reception more perfect than I could have ever imagined!!!

Sent on 02/27/2017
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 01/14/2017

LOVED working with Bobby and team!! From start to finish it was an exceptional experience. Their food is AMAZING, we received so many compliments! Their staff is friendly and prompt to attend to any needs. I will absolutely continue working with them on future events!!

Sent on 01/26/2017

Pat · Married on 12/10/2016

Putting' on the Ritz took all the stress out of planning our wedding

Sent on 12/12/2016

Andrew · Married on 10/23/2016

Our experience with Putting on the Ritz could not have been better, from beginning to end. The venue was thrilled to hear we were using Putting on the Ritz, because they knew everything would go smoothly. The tasting helped us figure out our menu (tough choices because everything was so good). Bobby provided us some suggestions on floor plans, and was encouraging of our adjustments. He also helped smooth out our itinerary for the event.

On the day of, everything was set up perfectly and well in advance. The food stations were fun and delicious (and a waiter brought ours to us since we were so busy). I even heard a few people say it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding. All of the staff was extremely friendly and ensured everyone felt welcome.

Couldn't have been better!

Sent on 12/04/2016
  • F

Forrest · Married on 10/15/2016

First of all, we have no idea how Putting on the Ritz is able to deliver such a great value. The food and service was fantastic, but at a much lower price than almost every other quote we received. Claudia worked with us to make sure that we were covering every detail, was knowledgeable on every aspect of catering, and always acted with the utmost professionalism. The food was amazing, and received many compliments from our guests. We also received compliments on the politeness and promptness of the service. Putting on the Ritz was also able to provide us with ceremony chairs at the last minute. This should be the first place you look if you want to provide good food at an affordable price for a DC-area wedding!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Chanel · Married on 09/24/2016

Putting on the Ritz did a wonderful job on the food and overall service for our wedding. We worked with Angie who was helpful throughout the planning process. On the day of our wedding, Angie and her staff were great with helping us stay on our timeline, serving guest, cleaning up after the reception and just overall friendly and responsive. They were also great in accommodating two of my guests who were in wheelchairs. The food was amazing and we got many compliments. I would highly recommend Putting on the Ritz.

Sent on 12/05/2016

Jovan · Married on 08/20/2016

Contact putting on the ritz and ask for Neil Hodes. He was an absolute delight to work with and was there for us every step of the way, totally took on all the stress for us. Love this guy!!!!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Amie · Married on 08/06/2016

We had a great experience working with Rachael from Putting on the Ritz. She was so communicative, flexible, and totally on top of everything leading up to the wedding. The wedding went so smoothly with their help and everyone raved about the food. They were worth every penny and then some. Love them!!!!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Putting on the Ritz ,Catering's reply:

Amie,
    It was a pleasure working with you on your wedding, you had a beautiful day and looked stunning! Thank you again for a wonderful review!! I wish you a life time of love and happiness in your marriage!!

~Rachael~

Allyson · Married on 06/25/2016

Book Putting On the Ritz NOW!!
    My first caterer fell through and I called Ritz about 3 months out from my wedding date. I was having migraines and severe mouth soares due to stress. One call with Bobby, the Director of Putting on the Ritz, and all the stress disappeared. Bobby might come across at first as though he's busy and only half way giving you his attention, but let me tell you that this is the furthest from the trut. He wants your event to be perfect as much as you do, which is a really great feeling!
    Here's an example: Bobby had already been to our reception venue at the Decatur House in DC. He'd met with the manager of the venue and done all that was necessary to become an approved caterer. He found out my family and event planner were doing a final walk through and asked if I wanted him to attend. I felt bad asking him to come in again from way out in Laurel so I told him he didn't need to. Bobby came anyway! He wanted to be sure everything was perfect....and it was!!
    Putting on the Ritz specializes in doing station buffets and I highly recommend doing that! Our guests are still raving about the food! The pasta station, in particular, was outstanding!! Especially given that we are Italian, we certainly appreciate a good plate of pasta!
    One final note- if you are penny pinching and want to make sure your caterer isn't taking you for a ride, this is also the right company to speak with. Bobby is very honest - tell him what your budget is and he will honor it. Above all else, I respect that the most about Putting on the Ritz because it's a hard quality to find in this town.

Thank you Bobby and Putting on the Ritz!!!

Love,
    The Medina's

Sent on 06/28/2016

Nell · Married on 06/25/2016

My daughter contacted Putting on the Ritz for assistance with planning her June, 2016 wedding when a previously engaged caterer fell through unexpectedly. Bobby Mitchell came through in ways that surpassed our expectations. What he and his staff produced for us was the reception of our daughter's dreams. In her father's words, "It was worth every penny!" Everything was done to perfection. We chose an alternative style reception, electing to mix cocktail and limited reserved seating with action stations to encourage movement and enjoyment of the live band. Bobby was instrumental in helping bring our daughter's vision to fruition. What is beautiful presentation without wonderful food to back it up...and the food was amazing! For weeks after the wedding, family members were still talking about how fabulous the food and everything about the reception was. It truly was a night to remember.

Sent on 08/14/2016

Erin · Married on 06/18/2016

We worked with Stephanie at POTR to cater our wedding at the Historic Savage Mill Manor House. She was much more than just a caterer; she helped me coordinate so many details! I didn't hire a wedding planner, and I would get overwhelmed at times. Stephanie always came through for me, from choosing a napkin color to creating the best floorplan. On the day of the wedding, on top of everything else, the catering staff put together my centerpieces and displayed them perfectly. When we sat down for the reception, they had left a plate of appetizers from the cocktail hour on our table for my husband and I. Delicious! In fact, all of the food was outstanding. We were able to bring our own alcohol, which they served, saving us a boatload of cash. The staff delivered a wonderful service, from the bartender to the event manager. I didn't have to worry about a thing, and my guests enjoyed themselves as well. The price was also lower than any other caterer, so I was doubly impressed. I highly recommend Stephanie and the team at POTR.

Sent on 06/27/2016

We used this caterer through our venue, The Great Room. Food was OUTSTANDING! My guests raved over the appetizers. The salad was so fresh and the meal was hot for all tables and seasoned so well! The best food I have ever had!

Sent on 05/22/2016