Putting on the Ritz ,Catering Reviews

Putting on the Ritz ,Catering 1
Putting on the Ritz ,Catering 2
Putting on the Ritz ,Catering 3

Mike · Married on 06/23/2018

From the beginning of planning to the day of our wedding, Bobby and Putting on the Ritz were accomodating, responsive, and flexible. For our budget, Putting on the Ritz provided the best options in our opinion. Guests loved the food, and we were so happy that they put an emphasis on making sure we were fed during our reception as well. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/10/2018
  • The Queens

Christina · Married on 06/23/2018

We got married last month (June 2018), we didn't actually speak with Putting on The Ritz until the end when it was time to square up on the bill, mainly because the coordinator from our venue works with them directly.

My review is solely on the food and day of service which was all amazing. For cocktail hour we had their chicken buffalo dip OH MMM GEEEE, it was the best I've ever had! The servers were so very attentive and stayed on top of everything! I was worried about the temperature of the food because we had a buffet style dinner but they made sure food was at a good temperature. My advice to those going into contract with any caterer is to enter at a low number or the minimum. You can always go up in numbers but not down.

Sent on 07/30/2018

Annie · Married on 06/10/2018

Our biggest wedding priority was the quality of the food, and Putting on the Ritz absolutely delivered. Our venue had a predetermined list of caterers to pick from, and of the 5-6 that we initially contacted, Putting On The Ritz was the only company who actually delivered a sample menu that was exactly in line with the food and budget that we wanted. We worked with Rachael from start to finish and she was so wonderful: Knowledgeable, warm, and very flexible! She was super responsive to all of our questions, even when we emailed her at 10:45 PM in a panic about something not actually that important.

The food and service the day of was incredible. Everyone raved about how delicious everything was and the staff even boxed up the leftovers for my husband and I to take home (and there was a generous amount of leftovers!) We had a buffet but the servers brought us a plate full of food right away, so we were actually able to enjoy the meal and still have time to greet our guests. We were also able to provide our own alcohol while POTR provided the mixers and soft bar, and it was nice to have customized drink offerings (and be able to take home the unopened bottles!).

Choosing Putting on the Ritz was one of the best decisions we made for the wedding. We're still dreaming about their shrimp and grits!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Jennifer · Married on 06/01/2018

The catering manager, Rachael, is phenomenal. We asked for a summer picnic wedding. We also asked to get a tray of apps for our photo session, since I've heard of so many couples not getting to eat during the cocktail hour. I think a caterer with a tray was the first person we saw after walking back down the aisle- THANK YOU. Our apps: deviled eggs, bacon wrapped shrimp, mini chicken and waffles, watermelon feta skewers, polenta rounds with salsa, caprese skewers. Dinner was bruschetta chicken (YUMMM) with mini crab cakes, veggies, potatoes, bread, lemonade bar, fruit salad. They set up our cookie table and cheesecake assortment perfectly. They gave us a list of alcohol to buy from Total Wine to save money (we could even return unopened boxes!!!!!) and I had two people comment on how much they loved the bartenders and how thoughtful they were (they kept congratulating me!! :) ). We were so well taken care of and fed, and our guests loved the professionalism and quality of food. They are incredibly thoughtful and only charged half price to feed our vendors as well as our guests, and provided vegan alternatives for our guests with restrictions (unfortunately some guests didn't say they were vegan at the buffet line, so they missed the main entree and just had veggies... I guess the only things I would have changed were a louder announcement of "tell them you're vegan in the line so they know!", and actually having a table dismissal plan so that my parents could get to the buffet first. I didn't think a plan was necessary, I was mistaken.)
    The table linens looked amazing, they set up my ceremony and reception and cocktail hour, and I didn't worry about a single thing. And now my fridge is full of some leftovers and I have no problem eating this for the next week straight!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Jessica · Married on 05/26/2018

POTR did an excellent job on our wedding day! We've had multiple guests comment on how good our food was.
    We worked with Bobby, he provided excellent customer service from start to finish. Bobby is extremely professional and offered us great suggestions. Simply put, he knows what he is doing and you can trust him to follow through on your big day.

Sent on 08/13/2018
  • jerzgrlnmd

Lane · Married on 05/19/2018

We had a brunch style menu and we worked with the Great Room and POTR is the exclusive caterer there. We had chicken and waffles, an omelette station, and a breakfast buffet with eggs, bacon, sausage, and biscuits. Everything was so delish and our guests loved that we switched it up. Everyone was very professional. I would book them again as they have awesome pricing with so many different menus and lots of customization.

Sent on 06/03/2018

Julia Robidoux · Married on 05/11/2018

Food that my guests still rave about!

We are so glad we went with Putting on the Ritz as our caterer. The venue we chose, The Great Room at Savage Mill uses this caterer exclusively for their venue and I was nervous about not having options, but I honestly could not have chosen better. We were able to have 4 people included in our tasting prior to the wedding, and we chose a variety of protein and side options. Choosing was difficult because everything tasted so great! Due to the size of our wedding and trying to keep costs down, we chose to go with a buffet-style dinner. The food tasted exactly as it did (if not better) as on the day we did our tasting. One of our guests actually told us the one downside to our wedding was that he could only get one piece of chicken at a time! We chose the honey almond crusted chicken and it was moist with a crispy skin on our wedding day. We are still hearing rave reviews from our guests- and some that have been to over 5 weddings this year are still saying that our food was the best wedding food they have had.
    They have a great selection of proteins and sides for any budget and they are very flexible to ensure you have great food. The service the day-of was also excellent and our guests were all able to have their first and even some second servings. They were also nice enough to pack up any extra food to send home with us that evening.

Sent on 10/24/2018
    Putting on the Ritz ,Catering 4
    Putting on the Ritz ,Catering 5
    Putting on the Ritz ,Catering 6

Katherine · Married on 05/05/2018

We were absolutely blown away by the food and the service! We have received so many compliments on every aspect – the passed appetizers, the meal, and the attentiveness of the staff. Multiple guests have commented that it’s the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding! Thank you so much for all of your help and patience through the planning process – we can’t thank you enough!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Ali · Married on 05/05/2018

We worked directly with Neil who was great from start to finish! He responded immediately to emails and accommodated our work schedules for meetings as necessary! As for the day of the wedding the staff was exceptional and the food was superb. Our guests are still talking about it. I can't thank Putting on the Ritz enough for their expertise in making our wedding a night to remember!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Susan · Married on 04/28/2018

Putting on the Ritz threw the best party I have ever attended. The waitstaff was fantastic. Everyone complimented the food. The bartender is my new best friend. They cleaned up afterwards and gave us the leftovers. I could not have hoped for a better experience. Thank you, Angie and your staff for a wonderful party.

Sent on 05/08/2018

Rebecca · Married on 01/13/2018

For our wedding at the Ten Oaks Ballroom, Putting on the Ritz was so much more than a catering company. They treated us to a memorable and delicious tasting session, and walked us through customizing our menu. They helped us organize with thorough floorplans and scheduling templates. They set up the ceremony space and the cocktail hour/reception area (including tables, chairs, linens, centerpieces, place settings, and other decorations). Our layout also required rapid setup and teardown during the event itself, which the staff executed efficiently and with no complaint. We worked primarily with Bobby, who is the owner, and he went out of his way to accommodate our requests, which were many. For the money, Putting on the Ritz delivers top-notch service at a great value. On our wedding day, we knew that we were in excellent hands, and that peace of mind was priceless.

Sent on 01/29/2018

Maggie · Married on 01/06/2018

Everything about our wedding day was absolutely perfect! The food was amazing, the venue was absolutely stunning, and the service was incredible! I did not have to worry about a single thing on the day of my wedding and everything at The Great Room was flawless! I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 01/21/2018

Tenille · Married on 11/25/2017

Great team of people! Friendly, caring and trusting. Just the group you want when it comes to your special day. My day was magical and every detail was perfect. We loved the way the tables and buffets were decorated better then anticipated. Wish we had pictures back to share!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Eric · Married on 11/04/2017

Putting on the Ritz catered our wedding, and it could not have been more amazing! Delicious food, friendly and attentive staff, just an overall great experience.

For the wedding we went with passed appetizers and stations; grilled cheese and tomato soup bites and bacon-wrapped scallops were the hits for appetizers, and then the pasta station, mini-pizza station, and carving station for the main course were all big hits! Not only did our guests tell us it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding, but our vendors agreed! They made sure that we got plenty of food as well, bringing us full plates and bowls while our guests were in line. It was a nice touch.

Despite some tight time constraints due to some inclement weather, Neil and his team made sure that we didn't feel any of the pressure, and made our day perfect.

We would definitely recommend Putting on the Ritz!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Annielle · Married on 10/20/2017

Putting on the Ritz Catering and Angie Wise from the Great Room was amazing!! They went above and beyond to ensure that my wedding day was fantastic. Although, I didn’t get a chance to eat at the reception, they packed food for my husband and I to take home. The food was amazing!! To this day people still talk about how amazing the food was (especially the sesame chicken).

Sent on 11/08/2017

Erica · Married on 10/19/2017

We hired them to cater a fundraising event. So glad we did! They were creative and fun to work with, and everyone loved the food. Great value too! We plan to use them for future events and would recommend them highly.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Nicki · Married on 10/15/2017

I do not even know how to start to explain how amazing my experience with Putting on the Ritz was. From the beginning, Neil made me feel like I was in good hands. I often referred to him as my wedding best friend because not only did he take care of making sure my menu was perfect, but he also calmed me down during many wedding worries. I had a very specific vision for my wedding and Neil made sure that was achieved, all while staying within my budget. The guests were raving about about amazing the food was. Everything was perfect. From the appetizers to the meal, and to the adorable mini root beer floats that we ended the night with. I could go on and on about how amazing our experience was. I am so very glad I decided to go with Putting on the Ritz for my wedding day and would definitely recommend them for all of your catering needs.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Katherine · Married on 10/13/2017

We were very pleased with your services. It was outstanding! Rave reviews on the food and especially the hors d’oeuvres. The only complaint we heard was that the wedding cake was taken away too soon and a lot of people that were dancing did not receive cake. We would highly recommend your services. Thanks again for being our caterer.

Sent on 12/13/2017

Kaie · Married on 10/08/2017

Choosing a caterer can be overwhelming, but after consulting with Putting on the Ritz we just knew that would could expect great service, communication, and beyond-delicious food. They provided tables, chairs, linens, and china selection, as well as coordinated a floor plan for the event day. They have many menu options depending on budget and style (buffet, sit-down, etc), including a build-your-own menu from their lists-- which is what we went with. Seriously, our guests cannot stop talking about the appetizers and entrees from our wedding. They also were flexible on our open bar, which we highly appreciated. Thanks again for an amazing experience! xoxo

Sent on 12/29/2017

Casey · Married on 10/07/2017

You guys were amazing. You really went above and beyond to make my day special and people are still raving about the food. Thanks so much!

Sent on 12/06/2017

nicole · Married on 09/30/2017

Bobby,

I can't thank you enough for the delicious food, outstanding service and your attentiveness at the time of our daughter Gabriella's wedding reception. I have received continual compliments on the quality and abundance of the food you provided, the kindness of the staff and the way you managed the time.

Just seeing you when I first entered the lobby space was a huge comfort to me.
    Your ability to assess the needs and respond when timing needed to be tuned up was a level of expertise I am so grateful for. And, your careful attention to the particulars related to the cookie display, the wine pour, the wedding cake and table decor was phenomenal and did not go unnoticed by the many women hostesses in the room!

I feel so fortunate to have found Putting on the Ritz and have been giving your information to many. You met and exceeded the experiences of a contingent of people who attend many events and even my Italian family! Words like "the food was fabulous", "there was so much to choose from", "I kept going back for more", "there was always a tray being passed", was music to my ears!

God bless you and Putting on the Ritz with continued success. I hope our paths cross again!

Fondly,
    Nicole and Jack Biondo

Sent on 10/05/2017

Michele · Married on 09/17/2017

Everyone commented on how wonderful the wedding was. The food was fabulous and the Great Room was gorgeous. Several guests from the area said that they would have events here in the future.
    Neil helped plan the event and gave us great advice. He helped us make the event one that we will all remember!

Sent on 12/15/2017

Debbie · Married on 09/09/2017

The food was great and Bobby was very easy to work with. The stations and tables all looked beautiful.
    Overall a very positive experience

Sent on 09/14/2017

Sienna · Married on 09/09/2017

I LOVE POTR so much I do not even know where to start! From the begin Claudia and Bobby were fantastic in their presentation and service. Claudia was always quick to answer any questions that I had and gave great recommendation. On our wedding day our guest could not stop raving about the food and how all the serving staff were so happy, quick, and friendly. Hector and Claudia worked with us on our big day and I could not have been more blown away on how beautiful everything was! I know the venue that I selected was not the easiest to work with (sorry guys) but Claudia and Hector, and their staff really made sure that not only my husband and I loved how everything looked and had a great time, but made sure I guest did too. If I had to choose one word to describe my wedding day it would be " EPIC" but it would't have been if I didn't have the wonderful team at POTR caterer our wedding!! I can not thank them enough! You guys truly are the BEST!

Sent on 09/25/2017
  • PandaInLove

Amanda · Married on 08/27/2017

POTR was my favorite vendor to work with during the planning process and perhaps my favorite part of my wedding day! From the beginning, Claudia worked with me and my husband to create a menu that fit our budget. She was also very helpful in sharing her expertise on other vendors and the overall wedding process, which helped us immensely. For the day of, Claudia, Hector and the rest of the team truly went above and beyond to make my wedding day go smoothly. The setup was completed as discussed and was absolutely beautiful! I opted to provide my own alcohol for their bartender and forgot a key component of a signature drink. I thought everything was ruined but the staff was able to run out to acquire it rather quickly. The food was delicious both at the tasting and on the wedding day and my husband and I enjoyed our dinner at our sweetheart table. We had nothing but positive experiences in working with POTR and our family and friends were very impressed with the event.

Sent on 09/26/2017