Pure Sound and Entertainment Reviews

5 | Lexington, KY

5 Reviews for Pure Sound and Entertainment

Jenna · Married on 03/16/2013

These guys did a wonderful job with my wedding! They provided both the ceremony and reception music and were extremely professional and friendly! Everything ran so smoothly and they were very heplful with keeping my recpetion on our timeline! These guys were simply amazing!

Sent on 03/18/2013

mary · Married on 04/26/2012

I'm going to copy my review I left on PureSound's website after the wedding, because I think it just about sums up why my husband and I loved Pure Sound so much, and what Josh and Jason did for our wedding.
    "Josh and Jason, Thank you so much for making our reception AWESOME! You all have been so accommodating and helpful from the very beginning, and hiring you guys for our ceremony and reception entertainment/lighting was the best decision I could have done for this wedding (aside from saying yes to my groom). At the end of the day, I don't remember what the centerpieces looked like, but I'm glad I invested in your all's package, because what I do remember from the reception is having a blast dancing with everyone, and I'm positive all of our guests remember the same things as well. Your services were definitely worth the investment, and I will certainly pass out your card to anyone and everyone looking for a DJ. You all even took time out of your busy lives to come to our rehearsal and make sure everything was perfect on our day, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate that. Thank you again for everything. Good luck in the future!"
    That couldn't be more true. Josh and Jason made the reception what it was. They were awesome from beginning to end. They made it so easy to plan our reception entertainment and were always prompt in responding to our questions, they offered good advice, but in a very professional manner in which my husband and I were very grateful for their opinions. Since our ceremony and reception were in the same location, they provided the ceremony music at no additional cost, and even took time out of their days to come to our rehearsal and figure out the timing of my entrance song. The lighting they set up set the stage for a really awesome reception/dance floor that made the party. The slideshow they created from the pictures we submitted to them were a fun addition to the reception, and of course, their DJing skills were everything you could ever want. All of that for a reasonable price. They have less expensive packages to choose from, but why skimp on the entertainment? It's been almost 3 months since my wedding, and people are STILL talking about it. They're not talking about the centerpieces or what flowers I had in the bouquets; no, they're remembering the great time they had at our reception, and my wedding is still being talked about because we made the right choice and we decided to go all out where it counts and went with the best DJ services around .

Sent on 07/19/2012

Bethany · Married on 03/24/2012

Do not hesitate to work with Pure Sound and Entertainment! They added a special touch to our wedding reception that only music can create! The DVD picture slide show was one of my favorite parts of our reception!

Sent on 06/11/2013

Heather · Married on 07/24/2015

We used Pure Sound for the music for both the ceremony and reception at our wedding. They did a great job, we were super happy with everything! Mark was very responsive when I emailed him with questions or requests, and he made sure he had all the music we wanted. I would absolutely recommend his services to other couples!

Sent on 08/01/2015

Karen · Married on 10/20/2012

0.4
      0.5

Terrible experience at the wedding reception. Jason left with 2 others "in charge":
    1. Despite emails and 2 meetings to review of the timeline, they forgot to give the microphone to the bride and groom for the welcoming (bride finally said, "I need the microphone" after they stood there waiting for a while), then had to be asked to turn off their music for the toasts. They also did not announce the cutting of the cake until it was already happening, and did not wait for the people to gather round for the throwing of the bouquet and the garter!
    2. They did not care that people danced or not - refused to adjust their "play list" and didn't respond to anyone regarding playing music people might get up and dance to - not the wedding party nor the family. They also did not play some of the important agreed upon selections that were special for some of the guests. One of the guests, after asking for a particular agreed upon song that was supposed to be played for her own anniversary, was positive that the "djs" were drunk by the way they responded to her. They also refused to play the song, and it was on the playlist!
    3. At no time did the "dj" ever use the microphone to encourage people to come to the dance floor, and called the opening toasts to the bride and groom as "Now we have some speeches".
    3. Owner called MOB at 12:30 AM to see if everything went well - tried to tell him to wait until the following week in order to touch base and go over what went wrong, but he refused, and when told how awful they were and that we were displeased, was upset and responded he had been in business for 2 years without any complaints, and proceeded to tell me that I had obviously drank too much!
    4. I highly recommend that you do NOT consider these people for your wedding reception. If we had wanted what they delivered we could have put up some lights and programmed an IPOD!

Sent on 10/28/2012

Pure Sound and Entertainment's reply:

Posted 10-20-12. I recently discovered this review from 2012 and its horrifying. Just the quick facts. We have a no alcohol policy, we also played the requested music multiple times, and we made the proper announcements. I invite you to see other reviews or even do a search on our company. I take great pride in serving our guest and clients. If your not satisfied with our services, I will make it right.
    4/2014 UPDATE: I found this to be great news for us and I wanted to post an update. As of April, we have booked 4 weddings from this event. These 4 clients advised they had a great time and enjoyed the lights at this reception.